• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

This is most likely the first time I've hear the 4am theme. 1am is a good one, I played a lot around that time during the weekends. Because of the time difference a lot of you NA folks were around when it was 1am for me. Stayed up a lot to deal turnips and such.

I hate 7PM music, but that remix is great.

Ribbot is camping. I have too many jock neighbors. Can he move to another town when he's just camping or is it only my opportunity to nab him?

I have a ton of red carnations, but just learned there are pink and white. Does anyone want red carnations for a couple pink ones?

Also, I want Henry and Beardo. I don't have a smug, big sister, or lazy neighbor.

I've been getting Mush furniture slowly but surely this month. My cabin house is coming along nicely. I am missing some modern wood pieces, one totem pole (bear, eagle, raven), and patchwork items (have chair, sofa, lamp, big table), (as well as most mush, obviously).
PM me a shopping list of the items you need that's orderable. I keep a rotten turnip in my locker too that you can use. We'll figure out a trade time from there (likely Monday).

MicH

I love the morning themes. The transition from night to morning music wise is just amazing. It gradually becomes more upbeat and it is so nice

If any of you are using Chrome, here's an extension (made by a GAF member Andrex IIRC) to allow you to listen AC music which will switch every hour:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/animal-crossing-music/ldjcaihhhmemeidcfbcadilcmfdaikkg

And didn't realise till I checked the page but it's been updated with ACNL music =D, Firefox FTW =P

Edit: Heheh listening to the ACNL music someone definitely ripped it from a youtube video or recorded whilst someone was playing the game, I hear footsteps and the sea =P this is the 11pm music fyi XD

Linius

Wow, that's incredible. Listening to 12am now haha

I think I'm gonna enjoy this plenty

EDIT

I doubt many people care, put apparently Gametrailers made a top 10 shopkeepers in games. Mr. Nook got first place.

10. Rusty (Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball)
09. Smilin’ Stan (Secret of Monkey Island)
08. Drebin (Metal Gear Solid 4)
07. Old Man Daidara (Persona 4)
06. Moogles (Final Fantasy series)
05. Beedle (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)
04. Slim Cognito (Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando)
03. Happy Mask Salesman (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
02. The Merchant (Resident Evil 4)
01. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fq1olf/gt-countdown-top-ten-shopkeepers

Zing

Banned
So many memories with the music there. I mean, I still play the game but that music... Is there an official soundtrack?

Linius

11am music playing right now. That actually reminds of the sunday mornings I used to play and tried to be in time to get turnips :p

Man, this extension is so relaxing.

Unicorn

Thanks! I got home with 1.1mil I think I'm gonna make another char just to store fruit and also to store my path patterns. I miss being able to design clothes so much (I seriously spent half my time on the GC one designing clothes).

Especially now that clothing designing is so amazing now - custom color pallet, sectional designing, etc.

Maybe I'll just rip paths out and border everything with bushes. Have a decent chunk of dirt pathed out how I want now haha

By the way, I purchased nips this week so I'll be posting if I have anything good. :)

I filled up a letter of storage with turnips this week. Bought at 99 and I check it this morning to find that they are selling for 133. I don't even wait for a pattern this week. 133 is good enough for me.

Zing

Banned
I'm collecting mush furniture, but not even sure what I'll do with it. I don't even have the storage space for it. Maybe I'll put it in the museum.

I'm collecting mush furniture, but not even sure what I'll do with it. I don't even have the storage space for it. Maybe I'll put it in the museum.
Once I hit my 100 million Bells mark, I've decided I'm going to make a couple more houses, expand the rooms, and put the sets I've collected in them along with all the photos I can't shove in one house. I have nothing better to do with the money after that point. It's all cluttered in my museum and locker at the moment otherwise. Those sets deserve better.

Also, if anyone is bored today... I have a problem. I have a fossil that's been missing for over two weeks now. Then this morning, I've only been able to find two. If anyone wants to help find it... I'll figure out some way to pay you back. It's driving me nuts.

Dream Address: 5000-2214-1399

Oh, and a reminder for people pulling mushrooms... you will need some for the Harvest Festival - so don't sell all of them.

Dak'kon

Once I hit my 100 million Bells mark, I've decided I'm going to make a couple more houses, expand the rooms, and put the sets I've collected in them along with all the photos I can't shove in one house. I have nothing better to do with the money after that point. It's all cluttered in my museum and locker at the moment otherwise. Those sets deserve better.

Also, if anyone is bored today... I have a problem. I have a fossil that's been missing for over two weeks now. Then this morning, I've only been able to find two. If anyone wants to help find it... I'll figure out some way to pay you back. It's driving me nuts.

Dream Address: 5000-2214-1399

Oh, and a reminder for people pulling mushrooms... you will need some for the Harvest Festival - so don't sell all of them.

Hey. I like finding fossils and wanted to see your town. I've found one fossil about the northeastern most red rose near your wind turbine. Thought I'd found the other but it was your awesomely hidden pitfall spawn behind the Roost. I'll keep looking for a while.

If you're around tomorrow I'd love to take a couple of the mush pieces I need (I also have duplicates I can trade in return). Your hybrid patches are really pretty too :)

Redd is selling a legit common painting in my town if anyone wants to come buy it.

I'd like to if you're around still. Did you want me to bring anything?
Eidt: Thanks Elija :)

Unicorn

Anyone have Cabin exterior in their Nook Home shop today? Bought a brick one the other day hoping it may look nice. It does not.

Hey. I like finding fossils and wanted to see your town. I've found one fossil about the northeastern most red rose near your wind turbine. Thought I'd found the other but it was your awesomely hidden pitfall spawn behind the Roost. I'll keep looking for a while.

If you're around tomorrow I'd love to take a couple of the mush pieces I need (I also have duplicates I can trade in return). Your hybrid patches are really pretty too :)
Ah! I was so focused on looking behind the bench this morning I missed the one up above. That fourth one is so damn tricky. :/ Thanks for looking! (And yes, I love planting the pitfall back there because barely one ever trips on it and it stops it from triggering elsewhere in my town.)

I'll be glad to open up tomorrow for whatever mush pieces you want as well. :)
Anyone have Cabin exterior in their Nook Home shop today? Bought a brick one the other day hoping it may look nice. It does not.
Just checked... all I have is this exterior atm.
Exterior_-_chalet.JPG

eudaemonic, Erik is leaving in 4 days, if you still want him.

I removed all the mushrooms I had and placed them inside my house, and now the mush series items have started spawning.

eudaemonic, Erik is leaving in 4 days, if you still want him.

I removed all the mushrooms I had and placed them inside my house, and now the mush series items have started spawning.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

I have a spot open now but I dunno if I will in four days. :|

Keep me posted.

But yes... I still very much want him!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thought I'd watch one of those Cat Mario Show videos that have been popping up on the eShop and they mentioned they updated the Nintendo Town (Japanese) to include a Cat Mario House. Sharing towns is one area I would hope the Wii U version improves upon. That and hopefully DLC items are actually new rather than just unlocking hidden items already in the game.

Yay for snow tonight!

Also...
Data: 93, 88, 84, 120, 188
Pattern(s) detected: Large Spike
Best Guess Sell Time: Wednesday evening

So if anyone has nips and are looking to sell, looks like tonight might be a good time. I'll update later with the actual price and see if I need to open up.

Azuran

Banned
Any of you guys with awesome looking towns mind sharing your dream address? I want to steal borrow some ideas before I start replanting stuff around :p

Does anyone have a complete insect set they're willing to part with?
Oooh... good luck with that. That's one of the sets I have I love too much to let go of. :)
Any of you guys with awesome looking towns mind sharing your dream address? I want to steal borrow some ideas before I start replanting stuff around :p
I posted mine a few posts up. Good luck finding the fossil that's not by the wind turbine. :p

By the way, the Turnip Gods have smiled upon me this week. 501 Bells. *happy dance*

I'll open up in a few if anyone wants to sell. Tips appreciated, no running through flowers, shop away, Redd is in town but I haven't bothered to see what he has.

Azuran

Banned
Oooh... good luck with that. That's one of the sets I have I love too much to let go of. :)

I posted mine a few posts up. Good luck finding the fossil that's not by the wind turbine. :p

By the way, the Turnip Gods have smiled upon me this week. 501 Bells. *happy dance*

I'll open up in a few if anyone wants to sell. Tips appreciated, no running through flowers, shop away, Redd is in town but I haven't bothered to see what he has.

Challenge accepted!
I'll probably give up after 5 minutes

Azuran

Banned
All right! I found your missing fossil eudaemonic! :D

Ifz3iIR.jpg

That was tough to find until I remembered I could get tools from Lloid :p

Mine's not great, but feel free: 4200-2192-9467

Yay, thanks! I think I'm starting to develop an addiction to dream town visits.

All right! I found your missing fossil eudaemonic! :D

Ifz3iIR.jpg

That was tough to find until I remembered I could get tools from Lloid :p
Holy shit! I thought I've stared down those bushes a thousand times too! *bows down* Love the image to prove it too! *laughing*

---

I'm still peeking in here to see if I need to open since my nips are FIVE HUNDRED AND ONE Bells. I'm gonna be sad if no one aside from myself gets to take advantage of it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom