• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

added_time came to visit yesterday and I guess he infected me with Ruby. She's a peppy bunny with creepy red eyes. I already have Dotty, a peppy bunny with (sometimes) creepy red eyes.

And she destroyed one of my hybrids with her stupid house.

Koomaster

One plus about having 0 visitors to my town. I've never had a late night petition request or had Katie in my town.
One night I couldn't get back to sleep so turned on the game at ~3am to rearrange some flowers in my town. A neighbor was awake and came up to me with one of those petitions. To my surprise they said something like; 'I know it's late so you can take care of this either today or tomorrow.'

So at least at some point they recognize it's too late to go traveling. :p

I haven't received a letter from Nintendo either. I actually had no idea we were getting something in the US until I came here. I think it may be because I've been turning off my 3DS and not leaving it on stand by. I notice when I do that, some message don't push through.
I finally got it after closing my 3DS at the main menu of the game, doing something else for 5 minutes and coming back to the little light glowing blue. And then I got my leaves as soon as I started.

I think you have to put it into sleep mode for a few minutes. What a weird DLC system...

Sorry guys, haven't been here for a while.

Did I miss anything besides the pile of leaves and flamenco hat (the latter which I got)?

I remember the last time I was here, I was swapping fedora chairs and autumn leaf chairs.

Also, just gave away Eugene yesterday and Merengue is moving out from my sister's town soon, so it won't be long until I have Merengue in town : D

I got my Wii U yesterday and played around with Animal Crossing Plaza for a little while. Pretty cute idea. The dancing villager models are great. It's really too bad we can't automatically send pictures directly from our 3DS to post though. I liked seeing other people's screenshots and drawings.

Also, just gave away Eugene yesterday and Merengue is moving out from my sister's town soon, so it won't be long until I have Merengue in town : D

She's lovely, congrats. :) If you still need the leaves, I've got a few extras still sitting in my letter box.

I swear... feels like every time I want to post in this thread, GAF goes down.

Nagrand update:

• Deena moved out yesterday.
  • Forgot to buy turnips this week but I'm still checking my prices if I get anything that will help others. Prices are shit this morning though - 76 Bells.
  • Finally caught the last two crabs for this month. LAST diving critter I need doesn't show up till March. :/
  • Actually got silver in the fishing contest on Saturday. Stupid black bass.
  • Katrina is in my town right now. I'll leave my town open while I work if anyone wants to talk to her.

Marvie_3

Banned
I swear... feels like every time I want to post in this thread, GAF goes down.

Nagrand update:

• Deena moved out yesterday.
  • Forgot to buy turnips this week but I'm still checking my prices if I get anything that will help others. Prices are shit this morning though - 76 Bells.
  • Finally caught the last two crabs for this month. LAST diving critter I need doesn't show up till March. :/
  • Actually got silver in the fishing contest on Saturday. Stupid black bass.
  • Katrina is in my town right now. I'll leave my town open while I work if anyone wants to talk to her.
So you feel like posting in this thread every 18 seconds? ;)

Looking like my town is going to get a huge turnip spike tomorrow morning. Hopefully it happens.....

Wolfe

That's funny, Eugene is one of the ones I plan on keeping for a long while and Merengue is the last of my original villagers that I've been actively trying to get rid of.

She's being incredibly stubborn.

Elija2

I have some extra stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of this stuff, let me know:

pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5
creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper x3
forest wall
forest floor
golden dresser
golden wall torch
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
miniature car
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
western desert
mush lamp x2
cicada stereo
spiderweb clock
sporty floor
fake scary painting
gold bug trophy
bronze fish trophy

added_time came to visit yesterday and I guess he infected me with Ruby. She's a peppy bunny with creepy red eyes. I already have Dotty, a peppy bunny with (sometimes) creepy red eyes.

lol. I didn't realize it bugged you so much!

OK, so I'm an Animal Crossing player that basically likes to fish and look around and visit other people's towns and write letters to their animals.
Anyone else like visiting towns or having visitors? I haven't really decorated my house or rearranged my town yet even though I've played 160 hours. haha. Maybe I just want to see what everyone else does for ideas! (plus I want to write letters to your animals... and generally have a friends list of best friends that still play the game since most of my friends stopped playing already)

Sound good to anyone? If so please add my friend code in my profile and send me a PM and I'll add you!)

I should really add peeps I don't have on my XL into my OG 3DS lol, has AC permanently in it, but clock's off on the OG.

Need to play this on XL to see you guys on as well, but Ace Attorney =P

Damn, not much time to check online. :(

I still have 11 flamenco hats

One is for Frogstep and one is for bpb. If someone else want one, just tell me.

Will try to be online tomorrow at a decent hour to do the stuff...

Damn, not much time to check online. :(

I still have 11 flamenco hats

One is for Frogstep and one is for bpb. If someone else want one, just tell me.

Will try to be online tomorrow at a decent hour to do the stuff...

Oh, if I could grab one from you, that would be great. I forgot all about that. :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Incidentally, I can order that hat for people as well if that would make the timing more amenable. Just let me know.

AlexMogil

Sea bass
Sea bass
Sea bass
Sea bass
Sea bass
Sea bass
Sea bass
Sea bass

Sea bass
Sea bass
Sedndbbass
SndhnsdjfifnU he
HUJ hjmbaSX

I just want a tuna.

Niraj

Np Marvie, I'll get it to you at some point.

For the tuna, tuna's a bit longer and also thinner than the sea bass is. Sea bass is a bit more plump, if that makes sense.

AlexMogil

Yeah, I fish at night a lot though so it's hard to tell the difference. Thanks for the reminder.

I just now got my bagworm by smacking trees at random with the net. Forgot I could do that.

Game is so charming. Completely charming. I've played mostly solo, too, which all in all.... has been fine!

The picture drought continues. They are just toying with me at this point.

I've done three damn petitions for Ribbot, and still nothing, and I've been working on Octavian for MONTHS. If they think I'm gonna give up though, they have another thing coming. I will never surrender!

Niraj

Yeah, I fish at night a lot though so it's hard to tell the difference. Thanks for the reminder.

I just now got my bagworm by smacking trees at random with the net. Forgot I could do that.

Game is so charming. Completely charming. I've played mostly solo, too, which all in all.... has been fine!

Ah yeah that can be annoying. If it's not already up, try turning your 3DS brightness up. That can help.

Wolfe

The picture drought continues. They are just toying with me at this point.

I've done three damn petitions for Ribbot, and still nothing, and I've been working on Octavian for MONTHS. If they think I'm gonna give up though, they have another thing coming. I will never surrender!

That sucks, I was actually surprised as Eugene gave me his picture tonight for something trivial that I can't recall at the moment.

But me and Eugene are super bros after all so I don't really blame him. Now I just need to get Bob to change out of that awful flower shirt :p

That sucks, I was actually surprised as Eugene gave me his picture tonight for something trivial that I can't recall at the moment.

But me and Eugene are super bros after all so I don't really blame him. Now I just need to get Bob to change out of that awful flower shirt :p
I shouldn't complain, I have 12 pictures already, which is a lot more than some others. (Though obviously not picture god Niraj.) I see people still working on their first or second.

But it is legitimately one of my favorite parts of the game, and I'm jonesing for a new one real hard right now. I also need to get them before I let anyone else leave, so if I want new villagers, I gotta get some picture action going.

But it is legitimately one of my favorite parts of the game, and I'm jonesing for a new one real hard right now. I also need to get them before I let anyone else leave, so if I want new villagers, I gotta get some picture action going.

Me too. :) Though I have a hard time letting villagers go, meeting, befriending, and earning pictures is my favorite long term goal.

I go through weird droughts though too. Even with villagers like Lolly and Bunnie who have given me 5-6 pictures apiece, I can go stretches without anything as the dice just aren't rolled in my favor.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I should probably get back to working on villager pics. Still find it odd that the two I got were from villagers I didn't really think I worked that hard on.

Since I want a bit of variety in my town I'm probably going to let them leave soon. But I'd like to work out ideal spots for new villagers first.

Incidentally, I can order that hat for people as well if that would make the timing more amenable. Just let me know.

Otherwise, I can drop mine off to in your town this evening, normally I would be online this evening.

Also, just started the game on the way to my work and saw a blue light. Looks like Pete delivered something today. And it was a tam'o-shanter. Not sure, but I thought that one was unorderable. If it is orderable, I can order some for GAF.

Edit 2: Just checked and the tam o'shanter is orderable. So I ordered some for the people of GAF. :)

Otherwise, when I get them, I could also unload them in Niraj's town. :)

Linius

Up to $70M and 407 visitors. Inching closer to my two most wanted badges.......

I'm just moving further away from my 100 million bells goal since I can shop at Gracie's 'boutique'. But I just started planting some perfect pears trees along my paths. Experimenting with how these trees grow to see how I can plant them. By the end of the week I should have quite a few of them in business. Hopefully that can get me near the 100 million at some point.

Edit 2: Just checked and the tam o'shanter is orderable. So I ordered some for the people of GAF. :)

I'd love to pick one up together with the Flamenco Hat when you're online some time :)

EDIT

Guys, I'm close to finally realising the switch to an XL. Does my played time log carry over to a new console? These hundereds of hours New Leaf look so sweet :p

Chopper

Long post.

Hi guys. Pleased to be able to report in properly after battling with public wifi spots on my travels. Was able to squeeze in plenty of AC whilst I was away thanks to some long train journeys and lazy afternoons.

First thing's first, I appear to have missed some DLC whilst I was away. I would like to humbly request the opportunity to log any of the orderable items I don't have. And buy any of the unorderable. :)

I initially wanted every "interactive" PWP in town, which includes the Instrument Station. At first I thought it was cool, but really it's useless, and is not particularly attractive. It was placed on an awkward corner by a pond and it couldn't sit in line exactly where I wanted it because of the tree/PWP placement limitations, and was generally expendable. So I finally committed to the Totem Pole as my 30th and final PWP, and I can put it where I wanted it before realising I had approached the limit. It'll finally make the area just south of my plaza look finished. Result.

A nice thing about getting Katrina to move in, and having the Emporium, is that it slightly limits the number of guests who will visit your town on any day of the week. I swear I have seen Sahara and Redd far more often since my main street filled up.

I got plenty of Streetpasses whilst I was away. The relay function is a phenomenal success as far as I'm concerned, and as well as all the other cool shit I unlocked in various other games, I managed to get a nice selection of bits from peoples' houses bringing my catalogue completion another step towards completion. In fact, between that, the Mush stuff, the Harvest stuff and the new Gracie stuff, I feel as though I achieved a decent amount this week. The Card stuff is frickin awesome, as are the Sale clothes. How long do I have to get all this stuff? Is it the same every season?

So, yeah, I've accumulated plenty of stuff that's too unorderable to sell, but too storage-consuming to keep. Here's a list I have to trade:

Forest Floor x3
Forest Wall
Mush Dresser x3
Mush Stool x2

World Map x2
Pic of Katie
Sketchbook
Digital-Photo Frame

Nice Painting
Fine Painting
Worthy Painting
Neutral Painting
Mystic Statue

Anchor
Helm

Sprinkler
Lawn Mower

Boxed Figurine

Pumpkin Pie
Fedora Chair

Sloppy Stereo
Sloppy Table
Sloppy Clock

Veggie Basket

Chessboard Rug
Autumn Floor
Sci-fi Floor
Daisy Meadow
Office Flooring
Ancient Tile
Western Desert
Closed Road

Mortar Wall
Western Vista
Classroom Wall
Blue Tarp

If there is anything in that list that you would like to trade for, I am looking for any of the following...

The last of the Sahara bits:

Tatami

Autumn Wall
Basement Wall
Music-room Wall

The Mush And Card stuff is beginning to annoy me. Bored of doubles and worried I'm gonna run out of time. I still need:

Card Dresser
Card Lamp
Card Screen
Card Shelf
Card Wall

Mush Bed
Mush Closet
Mush End Table
Mush Lamp

I'm a bit behind with my art:

Ancient Statue
Beautiful Statue
Great Statue
Jolly Painting
Motherly Statue
Perfect Painting
Quaint Painting
Robust Statue
Serene Painting
Wistful Painting

Ugh. That list is longer than I thought it would be before I started writing it.

But I am closing in on all the common orderable stuff. I long for the day I no longer have to check paper, wallpaper and flooring in the shop. With that in mind, if any of you have these in your catalogue and can order them for me, please let me know:

Checkered Tile
Maze Floor
Tent Rug

Stone Wall

Butterfly Paper

How are you supposed to get the special stationaries?!

Finally, there's not too much common furniture I need either, so if I could log:

Bathroom Stall
Birdhouse
Bowling Pins
Ceramic Hot Pot
Clay Furnace
Dentist's Chair
Elephant Slide
Flower Chair
Game-show Stand
Handcart
Left Platform
Lefty Desk
Microscope
Rice Cooker
Spinning Wheel
Stewpot
Trunk Measure

Let me know!!

Hope you all don't mind the long lists. I'm so close! And pleased to be back.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll check my catalogue to see if I have any of those common items.

The great thing about this game is that people can play it the way they want, but I am quite glad I'm not too bothered about completing the catalogue, it's a lot of work.

Robin64

Oh hey Pete.

cQ9HU0a.jpg

0UNGeqC.jpg

Chopper

I'll check my catalogue to see if I have any of those common items.

The great thing about this game is that people can play it the way they want, but I am quite glad I'm not too bothered about completing the catalogue, it's a lot of work.
Yeah, I'm not in a huge hurry. I just couldn't help but notice how close I am until recently. It would be nice to tick off "all normal stuff obtained" on my internal objective list though.

Oh hey Pete.

cQ9HU0a.jpg

0UNGeqC.jpg
What is that? Is it orderable?

Robin64

This truth fand honest Tam o' Shanter,
As he frae Ayr ae night did canter,
(Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a town surpasses
For honest men and bonie lasses.)

I still have a legit scary painting to give away. I'm also looking for the ceramic hot pot, hot plate, and stewpot if I could please catalog them from someone.

Guys, I'm close to finally realising the switch to an XL. Does my played time log carry over to a new console? These hundereds of hours New Leaf look so sweet :p

The little Pikmins carry everything over in the system transfer.

Long post.

Hi guys. Pleased to be able to report in properly after battling with public wifi spots on my travels. Was able to squeeze in plenty of AC whilst I was away thanks to some long train journeys and lazy afternoons.

Welcome back. :)

I ordered these from my catalog:

birdhouse
bowling pins
dentist's chair
elephant slide
flower chair
game-show stand
left platform
lefty desk
microscope
spinning wheel
trunk measure
checkered tile
maze floor
tent rug
butterfly paper

If I could have the veggie basket and daisy meadow, I'd appreciate it.

bjork

Did a bunch of Cyrus customizing while I worked on my nanowrimo yesterday, finally got all my black glass displays for the fossil models. My in-home dinosaur museum is almost done. :)

Chopper

I still have a legit scary painting to give away. I'm also looking for the ceramic hot pot, hot plate, and stewpot if I could please catalog them from someone.

Welcome back. :)

I ordered these from my catalog:

birdhouse
bowling pins
dentist's chair
elephant slide
flower chair
game-show stand
left platform
lefty desk
microscope
spinning wheel
trunk measure
checkered tile
maze floor
tent rug
butterfly paper

If I could have the veggie basket and daisy meadow, I'd appreciate it.
You are very welcome to them, thankyou! I also ordered you a Hot Plate.

I can swap you a beautiful statue for this.
Yes!

I should probably get back to working on villager pics. Still find it odd that the two I got were from villagers I didn't really think I worked that hard on.

Since I want a bit of variety in my town I'm probably going to let them leave soon. But I'd like to work out ideal spots for new villagers first.

I've been doing the same thing. Was hoping to get Deena's but I really didn't spend much time with her. I also insulted her "house" a lot, which looked more like a music practice room. She probably didn't appreciate that.

That's the sham'o-thanter that I was talking about. :) Yes, it's orderable. :D
I have ordered some for the people of GAF :)
Also the flamenco hat. :)

Oooh... two hats I need to get from you now! Let me know how much you want for them. I can probably stop by while you're online this evening.

Turnip price is 368 in my town right now if anyone wants to dump theirs off.

My turn this week to miss out on your good prices. :p

Did a bunch of Cyrus customizing while I worked on my nanowrimo yesterday, finally got all my black glass displays for the fossil models. My in-home dinosaur museum is almost done. :)

Make sure you post pics when you're done!

---

On a non-quoting note:
  • Reneé is moving into my town soon. She's actually a cool uchi rhino so I'm looking forward to that. Now if I could only get rid of Cherry...
  • Thanks to everyone who stopped by yesterday for Katrina. I was pretty busy yesterday so I just left it closed. If you shopped, hopefully you found something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom