• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexMogil

Chopper:
Gracie has the card shelf in today if you're interested. I'll leave my town open while I work.
If anyone wants to pop by, feel free. Nothing special going on today otherwise. Probably will be the only time I'm "playing' today since I have ALBW to play later. :)

Also, a reminder... just a week left until the Harvest Festival. If there's anything on that list you think you're gonna have trouble with, I'd suggest that you start collecting it now. :)

So he might ask for a pear even if there's no pears in town. Oh boy.

I added your friend code - please add me when you get time.

BTW your avatar is seriously one of the best. I love Louise.

Oxx

tumblr_mwoj9dQHzq1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Yay, favourite villager comes through.

Now I can stop playing the game.

Chopper

Chopper... man... my town is not liking your connection today. :( Do you want me to buy it and bring it over?
Let's try that. The problem is that I'm at work, so a bit distracted. I will leave the 68,000 by the station if you want to come and drop it off. I'll open my gate. I'll be afk.

Just to confuse matters even more, my alt has the rest of the set, so we'll have to delay your cataloguing for another time. Maybe in a few hours?

Let's try that. The problem is that I'm at work, so a bit distracted. I will leave the 68,000 by the station if you want to come and drop it off. I'll open my gate. I'll be afk.

Just to confuse matters even more, my alt has the rest of the set, so we'll have to delay your cataloguing for another time. Maybe in a few hours?

Oh, no worries. We can definitely figure that out another time. No rush here. I just wanted to make sure you got it without the connection dropping again.

Oxx

Harvest Festival sounds like a lot of work...

But I was pretty unenthusiastic leading-up to the Halloween event, and that turned-out pretty awesome.

Chopper

Oh, no worries. We can definitely figure that out another time. No rush here. I just wanted to make sure you got it without the connection dropping again.
Perfect. Got it. Thanks alot. Complete Card series, get!

Totem Pole was completed this morning and I've played about with a couple of my flower beds, so Buckland is looking particularly awesome at the moment.

My dream address is 7400-2932-0644 if anybody wants a gander.

Koomaster

Chopper:
Gracie has the card shelf in today if you're interested. I'll leave my town open while I work.
If anyone wants to pop by, feel free. Nothing special going on today otherwise. Probably will be the only time I'm "playing' today since I have ALBW to play later. :)

Also, a reminder... just a week left until the Harvest Festival. If there's anything on that list you think you're gonna have trouble with, I'd suggest that you start collecting it now. :)
Good reminder. I will be traveling to see relatives that day so I won't have time to gather all this stuff. Hopefully I can sneak out in the afternoon to play the game and participate in the festival.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn, I've been selling them this whole time!

I'm sure you'll be able to find 3 before then. Worst case, I don't mind holding a couple for you. You might not even need them anyway.

I also found this post on GameFAQs from the same person who posted that helpful thread about Halloween. Though it does seem like the quantities are being overshot, as post 7 indicates. Seems like there's a lot of time to get this done, which is nice.

Warming pastries.

I actually laughed.

I'm still laughing.

I swear... I feel like the longer I stick with this game.... the more ridiculous shit my villagers say too. Bam was going on about wanting a dorsal fin earlier after admiring his fish. I'll die if I learn there's time locked conversations and ten years from now they're talking like deranged hobos.

Koomaster

I'm still laughing.

I swear... I feel like the longer I stick with this game.... the more ridiculous shit my villagers say too. Bam was going on about wanting a dorsal fin earlier after admiring his fish. I'll die if I learn there's time locked conversations and ten years from now they're talking like deranged hobos.
The game actually contains one of the most advanced ai mechanics out of all games released today. Over time it learns from the player and reflects the madness that lays dormant deep within. Eventually a player's psyche is represented through all of their villagers; each personifying a different aspect.

So we have to ask ourselves; what part of Diggeh's psyche thinks warming pastries on a toilet seat is the acceptable thing to do; and where did this hidden desire originate?

Time to get started writing a research proposal so I can get published on these findings.

Niraj

The game actually contains one of the most advanced ai mechanics out of all games released today. Over time it learns from the player and reflects the madness that lays dormant deep within. Eventually a player's psyche is represented through all of their villagers; each personifying a different aspect.

So we have to ask ourselves; what part of Diggeh's psyche thinks warming pastries on a toilet seat is the acceptable thing to do; and where did this hidden desire originate?

Time to get started writing a research proposal so I can get published on these findings.

If that's the case, I truly fear to even begin to wonder what sorts of perversions eudaemonic's villagers will eventually preach. They don't stand a chance, poor bastards.

Ellix

Alright everyone, I'm finally back home...and to follow up on my earlier post: I time travelled back to 9 am without going into the game after 12 pm and...my Re-Tail is still buying turnips at 526 bells!

I'm off to eat dinner now but if anyone has turnips left to sell definitely send me a PM with your Friend Code, character and town name, and I'll get you into town when I get back.

Rules: Tips not required but appreciated, and just don't cause any trouble :p

EDIT: S'over!

Niraj

Come on over

Edit: Whatever, Nraj. Think you're so cool all the time......

Edit 2: Yeah, come here instead. Niraj has his host badge already. :p

Correct my name in your first edit, chump :p

I still need to visit spam you sometime. How far are you from the gold badge?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Got my Zelda 3DS and AC. Read the OP but any particular things I should do before starting my town? As in any advantageous town layouts or anything of the sort?

edit:Will fill out the form in the OP.

edit 2:Also the only AC I have played before was the gamecube version and I was completely hooked on that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got my Zelda 3DS and AC. Read the OP but any particular things I should do before starting my town? As in any advantageous town layouts or anything of the sort?

If you get Pietro as a starting townie, you should throw your 3DS and AC in the nearest volcano.

lol @ eli

Elija2

I decided to visit Club Tortimer for the first time in a while and of course when I do some guy traps me there. I thought that once the game's popularity began to die down those kinds of people would cease to exist, but I guess not.

Niraj

edit:Will fill out the form in the OP.

Don't bother filling out the form, nobody checks it, and I'd guess over 95% of those people either don't play, or aren't active here (or both, I suppose). Just ask people here to add you, that way you'll have the people that play regularly on your list. Town layout wise, it doesn't really matter, just pick what you like. It can be handy to have Re-tail close to your main street entrance though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Don't bother filling out the form, nobody checks it, and I'd guess over 95% of those people either don't play, or aren't active here (or both, I suppose). Just ask people here to add you, that way you'll have the people that play regularly on your list. Town layout wise, it doesn't really matter, just pick what you like. It can be handy to have Re-tail close to your main street entrance though and don't get Pietro.
Fixed that for you.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Don't bother filling out the form, nobody checks it, and I'd guess over 95% of those people either don't play, or aren't active here (or both, I suppose). Just ask people here to add you, that way you'll have the people that play regularly on your list. Town layout wise, it doesn't really matter, just pick what you like. It can be handy to have Re-tail close to your main street entrance though.

K will do. And you guys can go ahead and add me. This and Pokemon X will likely be my most played games.

Friend Code:4484-9237-6921

Niraj

K will do. And you guys can go ahead and add me. This and Pokemon X will likely be my most played games.

Friend Code:4484-9237-6921

Feel free to add me, code is in my profile. I'll add you in a second here.

Just wait til I get Hippeux back..

D: let's not say things we can't take back

Marvie, I have a few things to take care of, so just going to call it quits there for now. Hopefully that helped a bit, and thanks for letting me grab some visits towards that gold badge.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie, I have a few things to take care of, so just going to call it quits there for now. Hopefully that helped a bit, and thanks for letting me grab some visits towards that gold badge.
No prob man. Got me up to 430. :D

If you wanna spam more visits at some point, lemme know.

Marvie_3

Banned
Walt (cranky kangaroo) is moving out on the 25th.

Walt.png

Anybody want him? He's one of my last 3 original townies. I can finally put my 3rd bridge where I've wanted it forever. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom