• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

I think I found my new go-to clothing tops: the tiger and dragon jackets. There's also some pretty fancy vests that I found during Gracie's sale that I might add to my clothing rotation.

suzu

I think I found my new go-to clothing tops: the tiger and dragon jackets. There's also some pretty fancy vests that I found during Gracie's sale that I might add to my clothing rotation.

Yeaaah, they're awesome. I am wearing them on my character too.

If that's the case, I truly fear to even begin to wonder what sorts of perversions eudaemonic's villagers will eventually preach. They don't stand a chance, poor bastards.

Eventually preach? They already blurt out things like "I have AIDS!" and "I'm f'n wasted!" They have no shame - and they shouldn't.

And EVERYONE in my town eventually calls everyone else "shmoopy". It's required.

Also, nice to see you still lurking around, Suzu! :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Eventually preach? They already blurt out things like "I have AIDS!" and "I'm f'n wasted!" They have no shame - and they shouldn't.

And EVERYONE in my town eventually calls everyone else "shmoopy". It's required.

Also, nice to see you still lurking around, Suzu! :D

Exactly, imagine how much worse it'll get ;)

Wolfe

I still need to hit you up for some LM (not to mention just finish the game) but Zelda is so damn awesome I can't help but keep playing it right now.

I'll be right there with you on Tuesday. No worries on LM, any time really.

Offtopic, but I would love to play some LM with you guys. :)

Anyway, busy with building my last room for the second house and the beach is cleaned out quite a bit, with everything stored for now. :)

Still , need a third house I think... :( Will see what I'll do.

Animekatt

Always lurking! :) All these other games are vying for my attention, but I try to make a bit of time for ACNL every day or so. The mush collecting helps. lol

Hey suzu! :)

I've been slacking on collecting things for the harvest festival. I guess I'll do the bulk of that today. For some reason, for 3 days now I can't find my mush item. Just as well, since it will be the same 3 items...

bjork

My repeat items were mostly end tables, for whatever reason.

In other news, I'm down to my final 598,000 expansion and then my house is finally paid off. Without really playing with other people and exploiting turnips, it's taking forever.

Mecca

I have a question about the Animal Crossing 3DS XL...

I'm finally upgrading my 3DS to the Animal Crossing 3DS XL that I bought months ago. I've been playing with a physical copy of AC on my 3DS. The AC 3DS XL has AC pre-installed on it. When I transfer my 3DS to the 3DS XL will I lose my AC game save? Will the pre-installed version mess with the game save I already have?

Niraj

Got a Harvest lamp from Westraid, so all I need is the clock and I have all of that. Got another Mush lamp today as well, if anybody needs that.

Offtopic, but I would love to play some LM with you guys. :)

Anyway, busy with building my last room for the second house and the beach is cleaned out quite a bit, with everything stored for now. :)

Still , need a third house I think... :( Will see what I'll do.

Sounds good dude!

I have a question about the Animal Crossing 3DS XL...

I'm finally upgrading my 3DS to the Animal Crossing 3DS XL that I bought months ago. I've been playing with a physical copy of AC on my 3DS. The AC 3DS XL has AC pre-installed on it. When I transfer my 3DS to the 3DS XL will I lose my AC game save? Will the pre-installed version mess with the game save I already have?

I found this. Seems like you'd be ok. Just to be safe though, I would just call Nintendo and tell them what you want to do and I'm sure they'd help you out.

Finally got Katrina's suggestion for the shop and funded it a few minutes ago. If anyone wants to stop by in the next hour or two, they're welcome. After that, I won't be around to play. Happy 50th anniversary, Doctor Who :)

Got a Harvest lamp from Westraid, so all I need is the clock and I have all of that. Got another Mush lamp today as well, if anybody needs that.

Still sitting here.

Edit: And if anyone could help me out with some signatures, I'd appreciate it.

Niraj

Finally got Katrina's suggestion for the shop and funded it a few minutes ago. If anyone wants to stop by in the next hour or two, they're welcome. After that, I won't be around to play. Happy 50th anniversary, Doctor Who :)

Still sitting here.

Edit: And if anyone could help me out with some signatures, I'd appreciate it.

I can stop by for Katrina and then you can come over if you want

bjork

Finally got Katrina's suggestion for the shop and funded it a few minutes ago.

What happens when it finally triggers? Do you get your 20th visit and then she shows up like the club owner guy? Or does she ask right after your 20th fortune? I know I'm close, just not sure how close.

What happens when it finally triggers? Do you get your 20th visit and then she shows up like the club owner guy? Or does she ask right after your 20th fortune? I know I'm close, just not sure how close.

The latter. She gives your fortune as usual and then as you're walking out of the tent, she stops you to say you've earned the PWP. Just go talk to Izzy as usual and it can be built right away. 340,000 bells by the way.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Where did you guys build your houses? I'm thinking of building mine above town hall and Re-Tail. Those 2 buildings are right in the middle of my town and my house would be right below the train station and entrance to Main Street. I'd also be next to a pond.

Linius

My house is situated closely to the pier and re-tail which was very convenient in my bug catching days. It's pretty far from mainstreet and town hall though. But that's doesn't really bother me since I don't have to make runs up and down there all the time.

Niraj

I built mine a bit north of town hall and re-tail, which are adjacent to each other. Not too far from Main Street I guess.

suzu

Hey suzu! :)

I've been slacking on collecting things for the harvest festival. I guess I'll do the bulk of that today. For some reason, for 3 days now I can't find my mush item. Just as well, since it will be the same 3 items...

Hi Katt. :) I haven't collected the harvest festival items yet either. Too lazy.

Mecca

I found this. Seems like you'd be ok. Just to be safe though, I would just call Nintendo and tell them what you want to do and I'm sure they'd help you out.

Thank you for your help. I did as you suggested and called Nintendo. 4 soul crushing hours later everything has been moved from my 3DS to my 3DS XL. OMG! was this a pain in the ass to do. I can't even imagine how many phone calls Nintendo must have gotten when the Animal Crossing 3DS XL first came out. I'm so glad that Nintendo has started putting download codes in the boxes instead of pre-installing the game on the system.

Where did you guys build your houses? I'm thinking of building mine above town hall and Re-Tail. Those 2 buildings are right in the middle of my town and my gouse would be right below the train station and entrance to Main Street. I'd also be next to a pond.

I didn't realize when I first got the game that Re-Tail would be a place I would revisit often so I built my house on the other side of town. Looking back, I wish I would have placed my house a little closer.

I love how villagers will comment on your clothing.
hni_0005nik1i.jpg

hni_0006hzj0r.jpg

Niraj

Thank you for your help. I did as you suggested and called Nintendo. 4 soul crushing hours later everything has been moved from my 3DS to my 3DS XL. OMG! was this a pain in the ass to do. I can't even imagine how many phone calls Nintendo must have gotten when the Animal Crossing 3DS XL first came out. I'm so glad that Nintendo has started putting download codes in the boxes instead of pre-installing the game on the system.

No problem :) glad it ended up working out. Four hours though? God.

Elija2

Still have some unorderable stuff to give away:

pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5
creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper x3
forest wall
forest floor
golden wall torch
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
miniature car
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
western desert
mush lamp x2
cicada stereo
spiderweb clock
sporty floor
fake scary painting
gold bug trophy
bronze fish trophy
mush stool
office wall

Man, I kinda just want to sell all this stuff and be done with it but it would be such a waste knowing that other people might want them.

Niraj

I'll take the bronze fish trophy off your hands at some point if that's cool. Just want to catalog it really.

Linius

I could go for the two golden items and a Forest Wall. But I would feel bad taking them without giving you something back since gold stuff is worth quite something. Anything you're looking for maybe?

Elija2

I'll take the bronze fish trophy off your hands at some point if that's cool. Just want to catalog it really.

I can just let you catalog it then.

I could go for the two golden items and a Forest Wall. But I would feel bad taking them without giving you something back since gold stuff is worth quite something. Anything you're looking for maybe?

Unless you have a legit serene painting, don't worry about it.

If you guys are around now I can open up.

Linius

I have quite the collection of spare legit paintings but the serene is not one of them sadly.

I can come by now, I'll boot up the 3DS.

Linius

My pleasure, it's a great help delivering these unorderable goods.

Now I still need for Gold:

- Chair
- Clock
- Closet
- Dresser
- Man
- Screen
- Woman

Need for Mush:

- Hanger

Need for Card:

- Bed
- Chair
-Shelf

Need for Fish:

- Jellyfish Lamp
- Octopus Chair
- Puffer-Fish TV
- Red-Snapper Chair
- Marine Pop Wall

Close to completing four more unorderable sets ^^

Niraj

I'll check my gold stuff later, but I definitely have an octopus chair I can get to you at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom