• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man, I've had 6 campers in 7 days. Kind of unusual.

Getting this game tomorrow. Never played Animal Crossing before. Things I must know?

Sell stuff at Re-tail, not the Nooks' store. Re-tail will also have a daily premium (you can get more per day if you get streetpasses) item, which, if you sell that item, will give you more money than usual. Try to pay off your first house as soon as you can so you can get access to the island. Once you can go there, you can get certain island only items (which require you to play minigames to earn medals) and you can also farm bugs at night for a good amount of money (if you do it right, you should be getting 240k+ per visit). That'll give you more flexibility in the long run, and will let you upgrade your house and maybe even buy turnips. But really, the beauty of the game is that you can basically do whatever you want, so feel free to disregard any of that :) the game is also (imo) more fun with other people, so try playing with some friends/people here.

Reach a certain level of friendship with all your villagers and becomes practically impossible to pick up something in your house quickly without one of them presumptuously barging in to give you a cactus or something.

Speaking of presumptuous:

tumblr_mwq0p0G9oK1qa25kqo1_250.jpg

I've also begun forcibly bestowing holiday cheer on the lot of them:

tumblr_mwq0umG1iU1qa25kqo2_r1_250.jpg
tumblr_mwq0umG1iU1qa25kqo1_250.jpg

Mephala

Anyone got a Clay Furnace or a Stewpot in their catalogue?

I could have sworn I had the Clay Furnace somewhere in the maze that is my HHA Showcase but it seems to be elusive at this moment. I have a stew pot coming in the mail, I'd let you catelogue the ones at home but they are customised. :\

Niraj

I could have sworn I had the Clay Furnace somewhere in the maze that is my HHA Showcase but it seems to be elusive at this moment. I have a stew pot coming in the mail, I'd let you catelogue the ones at home but they are customised. :\

You can still catalog and order customized stuff. You just can't order customized stuff from HHA houses.

Chopper

I could have sworn I had the Clay Furnace somewhere in the maze that is my HHA Showcase but it seems to be elusive at this moment. I have a stew pot coming in the mail, I'd let you catelogue the ones at home but they are customised. :
Thanks alot, but I have both heading my way from a guy on another forum. Don't want to bail on the trade now.

Mephala

You can still catalog and order customized stuff. You just can't order customized stuff from HHA houses.

Really? I did not know this. I wish I knew earlier. TT __ TT

If any of you guys get a Stewpot and Fish Grill, hook me up. I'd also like to catalog it. lol

I can help with the stew pot but I'm after the Fish Grill as well. I won't be on for a few hours yet though.

I'm actually trying to get all the food items for my town. So far I'm running out of room in my house but I'm quite happy with my slowly expanding collection. If you're anyone is interested they can Dream visit my town here. 7400 2902 1496. I'm also happy to help catelogue, just got to get a hold of me since I don't check this thread too frequently. :p

I can help with the stew pot but I'm after the Fish Grill as well. I won't be on for a few hours yet though.

I'm actually trying to get all the food items for my town. So far I'm running out of room in my house but I'm quite happy with my slowly expanding collection.

If there's anything you're looking for, we're happy to help you out. :)

Coldsnap

I've got both of your guys items on the ground in front of the station and I'll be leaving my gate open for a while, if the timing doesn't work out just let me know when you'll be available.

Sorry! Got caught up watching F1. I'll be playing for a bit more tonight then I'll be around all day tomorrow. Thanks again!

Frita is moving! Frita is moving! Thank god almighty, Frita is moving! She moved in 3 days after I started in June, and hasn't budged since. She says she's moving on the 28th if anyone has an interest. She's the sheep that looks like a hamburger/french fries.

I don't dislike her as I did initially, but I'll be happy to have the lot next to my house empty for a PWP or alt. Now the clock is ticking on Curlos and Olaf. Time to go boys!

Frita is moving! Frita is moving! Thank god almighty, Frita is moving! She moved in 3 days after I started in June, and hasn't budged since. She says she's moving on the 28th if anyone has an interest. She's the sheep that looks like a hamburger/french fries.

I wonder if kamikazekoala has a vacancy at the moment. He's said he'd very much like to have Frita in his town.

suzu

I'm actually trying to get all the food items for my town. So far I'm running out of room in my house but I'm quite happy with my slowly expanding collection. If you're anyone is interested they can Dream visit my town here. 7400 2902 1496. I'm also happy to help catelogue, just got to get a hold of me since I don't check this thread too frequently. :p

It's no problem. I'll take you up on your offer whenever (maybe when one of us gets the fish grill?). :) What other food-related items do you need?

Mephala

It's no problem. I'll take you up on your offer whenever (maybe when one of us gets the fish grill?). :) What other food-related items do you need?

Well, I added you any way and my town is currently open for all friends. I'm currently having a Meteor Shower. :)

I have bunch of Wanted Goodies listed here. Of the lot I want these items the most if any one can help me out I'll be super grateful.
  • dango
  • kimbap plate
  • sandwich display
  • steamed-bun case
  • tteok plate
  • turkey

Sell stuff at Re-tail, not the Nooks' store. Re-tail will also have a daily premium (you can get more per day if you get streetpasses) item, which, if you sell that item, will give you more money than usual. Try to pay off your first house as soon as you can so you can get access to the island. Once you can go there, you can get certain island only items (which require you to play minigames to earn medals) and you can also farm bugs at night for a good amount of money (if you do it right, you should be getting 240k+ per visit). That'll give you more flexibility in the long run, and will let you upgrade your house and maybe even buy turnips. But really, the beauty of the game is that you can basically do whatever you want, so feel free to disregard any of that :) the game is also (imo) more fun with other people, so try playing with some friends/people here.

How does one go about doing this?

My pleasure, it's a great help delivering these unorderable goods.

Now I still need for Gold:

- Chair
- Clock
- Closet
- Dresser
- Man
- Screen
- Woman

Need for Mush:

- Hanger

Need for Fish:

- Jellyfish Lamp
- Octopus Chair
- Puffer-Fish TV
- Red-Snapper Chair
- Marine Pop Wall

Close to completing four more unorderable sets ^^

For the fish furniture I have all those as spare set in a locker. Already give some of the spare set to somebody, so the set isn't complete anymore anyway. :) So I can give you those pieces and make some room in my locker.

Also i have about 10 gold ores lying around doing nothing. Was planning on selling it on gamefaqs, but still didn't have time to do that. :( So if you can use them...

And have a mush hanger too. And a lot of mush end tables... And other mush stuff... All spares...

I don't dislike her as I did initially, but I'll be happy to have the lot next to my house empty for a PWP or alt. Now the clock is ticking on Curlos and Olaf. Time to go boys!
Nooo!!! Why is she always leaving when I have no room in my town... :(

Gruff is about moving out of my town, I heard, but I love him. :( I would like to keep him, choices, choices. :( Well, he doesn't tell me, but the other villagers do, so I kinda hope he doesn't move on his own... He was sleeping last time I checked...

I wonder if kamikazekoala has a vacancy at the moment. He's said he'd very much like to have Frita in his town.

Nope, always at 10 at the moment Frita decides to move. :( Those streetpass guys are to keen on my town. And Linius' Frank too... :( But Frank can stay alright, he's cool. :)

About the fishgrill, I can order that. I have all the campers stuff you can order. Is their other stuff people are searching for a long time and that's orderable? Cause I have everything in my catalogue... But one note, I'm not daily here anymore, so it could take some time to get the stuff, just you know.

And I still have some flamenco hats and tam 'o shanters lying around to give away...

Insaniac

Well after not playing Ac for a few weeks, Ruby :( moved out and so did some other person I forget. Then a couple new ones moved in, a bear with way too much makeup and bob the cat (who seems kinda cool)

Also, one of my villagers sent me a Skirt even though I'm a male character >.>

Is there an easy way to tell who might be planning to move? I don't play AC much with Zelda and other games, but I want to jump in every so often to make sure my favorites don't leave

Damn, going back to this game after playing ALBW (A Link Between Worlds) was somewhat uncomfortable

What a difference in refresh rate. First I thought AC was lagging a lot and was thinking there was something wrong with my 3DS.

After playing for a bit today, it's just AC that has a lower refresh rate, but damn, was it scary. Wouldn't like to lose my progress in AC...

Chopper

I do. Bought way too many trying to fill up a whole floor full of leaves at the museum. I'll open my gate so just come and take as many as you want.
Thanks alot man. Sorry I was just in and out. I'm at work, so was a bit rushed. Also, the wifi here sucks, so I was pushing my luck!

Niraj

How does one go about doing this?

Go to the island at night (I think around 5 pm) and catch beetles on the palm trees. They range from 6k (Goliath beetle) to 12k (Golden stag). I would skip the Goliaths though and just stick with Cyclommatus stags or better. To make it easier, chop the trees in the south of the beach and only leave the ones on the sides, so they'll have a tendency to spawn more on the remaining trees (and it'll also be harder to scare the beetles away).

It's up to you whether you want to keep the trees in the middle or not (you can get Giant stags and Rainbow stags for 10k each), but it's simpler if you get rid of them as well, since most of the time they'll be spawning the cheap stuff. Also get rid of the bushes and flowers, as well as dig up the stumps, to prevent butterflies and such from spawning. Basically only keep 2-3 palms on each side. Then you just walk back and forth and catch beetles. Sometimes you'll want to walk around the island to scare off wharf roaches and tiger beetles so that bugs will spawn on the trees.

If you skip goliaths, you'll be getting 8k minimum, and with 40 slots in the storage bin, you're getting 320k per visit. Don't hesitate to mutilate your own island, since you can always visit a club Tortimer island if you find out you're missing a bug or something (assuming nobody has chopped trees down before you, they should always be pristine). Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom