• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the island at night (I think around 5 pm) and catch beetles on the palm trees. They range from 6k (Goliath beetle) to 12k (Golden stag). I would skip the Goliaths though and just stick with Cyclommatus stags or better. To make it easier, chop the trees in the south of the beach and only leave the ones on the sides, so they'll have a tendency to spawn more on the remaining trees (and it'll also be harder to scare the beetles away).

It's up to you whether you want to keep the trees in the middle or not (you can get Giant stags and Rainbow stags for 10k each), but it's simpler if you get rid of them as well, since most of the time they'll be spawning the cheap stuff. Also get rid of the bushes and flowers, as well as dig up the stumps, to prevent butterflies and such from spawning. Basically only keep 2-3 palms on each side. Then you just walk back and forth and catch beetles. Sometimes you'll want to walk around the island to scare off wharf roaches and tiger beetles so that bugs will spawn on the trees.

If you skip goliaths, you'll be getting 8k minimum, and with 40 slots in the storage bin, you're getting 320k per visit. Don't hesitate to mutilate your own island, since you can always visit a club Tortimer island if you find out you're missing a bug or something (assuming nobody has chopped trees down before you, they should always be pristine). Hope that helps.

Thanks! I am going to try this out later today.

I think I fell into a black hole over the weekend. *chuckles*

So a couple of things:

• I tried the KK trick with the full bags. Only asked him to play the song once but I've only missed one Saturday since the game came out so I figured I was due. Sure enough - his pic was in the mail the next day! Wooo!
  • So if you NEVER greet a new villager, you can't mail them. Discovered this on accident when I went to write Cherry a death threat and mail her a pitfall. She wasn't on the mailing list. This makes me wonder if she'll ever move out if I don't talk to her.
  • Speaking of... Sprinkle wants to move out on the 28th. Not soon enough since ROSIE IS IN MY CAMPING TENT RIGHT NOW!! Ahhhh! So sad - I'd love to have Rosie. :(
  • Only a few days left and I'm still missing the forest floor. How does this happen when I've been picking every day???
  • Remembered to buy nips this week. Now watch I never make it above 110.

Koomaster

When is it going to snow in my town? :|

I'm tired of this brown wasteland of death.
Gonna repeat this again for people who may not know. In past AC games snow replaces your grass when wintertime comes. If your town is a 'brown wasteland of death' (ie all dirt and no grass) it will snow, but it's not going to stick to the ground. :(

Koomaster

I

• Only a few days left and I'm still missing the forest floor. How does this happen when I've been picking every day???
I have an extra forest floor in storage if you need it by the time this is all over.
You are lucky though, I am still missing the closet, tv and bed after picking every day.
Game keeps rewarding me with end tables and dressers aplenty.

I have an extra forest floor in storage if you need it by the time this is all over.
You are lucky though, I am still missing the closet, tv and bed after picking every day.
Game keeps rewarding me with end tables and dressers aplenty.

I only have one TV so far but at least two beds and two closets. Definitely willing to trade when this is all over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a bunch of spare Mush items but I'm still missing a few. :/ When we reach December I'll sort all my spares out and hopefully we can get some trading going.

Linius

I have a bunch of spare Mush items but I'm still missing a few. :/ When we reach December I'll sort all my spares out and hopefully we can get some trading going.

I've got spares of almost anything so I'm pretty sure I can help you when the time comes :p

As for snow, I believe we start to see flurries soon and it will begin to accumulate (where grass grows) for snowpeople-building during the second week of December.

So if you NEVER greet a new villager, you can't mail them. Discovered this on accident when I went to write Cherry a death threat and mail her a pitfall. She wasn't on the mailing list. This makes me wonder if she'll ever move out if I don't talk to her.

Nope. Talk to her once then ignore her. And don't send her things or hit her with a net or push her around. Since they're (spoiler alert:) not real, they don't know you're harassing them. As far as the game is concerned, these things just put you on the invisible friendship ladder and make it harder to get rid of them.

For future reference, these come from animalcrossing.us:

11052734704_ff3dc1163c_o.png

11052784473_66b76d3b4d_o.png

Chopper

Just picked up the last two items of orderable furniture I was after! The Stewpot and the Clay Furnace. Seems like these two items and the Ceramic Pot are quite rare for orderable furniture. I'll keep hold of them for a bit, if anyone wants to log them.

That officially leaves:

Three seasons' worth of Gracie furniture/clothes,
7 foreign event items,
3 Sahara bits,
A few random Island items, including most of the Cabana set,
A boatload of regular clothing.

I have also held off getting my hands on the event items I am able to get myself, like the Snowman/December stuff, Bunny Day etc, which is a huge amount.

Pretty exciting.

I know these items don't tend to appear here very often, especially not to trade, but if anyone spots any of the following for sale anywhere, let me know!

Bell Knickknack
Berliner
Bureom
Rice Cake
Yut Board
Cucumber Horse
Hibiscus

Also, the three Sahara bits I need are:

Tatami

Autumn Wall
Basement Wall

Frogstep

No more fleas! I can't wait until I no longer see those stupid things on my beautiful villagers.

Seeing them on frogs is already a little weird but seeing them on a robotic frog is just silly. :p

Koomaster

Just picked up the last two items of orderable furniture I was after! The Stewpot and the Clay Furnace. Seems like these two items and the Ceramic Pot are quite rare for orderable furniture. I'll keep hold of them for a bit, if anyone wants to log them.
Stewpot I am quite sure is exclusive to winter campers which is probably why it's rare. Clay furnace I am not sure, I don't think I have that either, but maybe also a winter camping item?

Speaking of rare orderable items; does anyone have the playroom wall/rug set? I know I see it listed in online guides and lists, but neither have appeared in my town. I am beginning to think they took them out of the game. So does anyone have either? Not asking to order for me, I just want to see if anyone found them in their shops and I am just unlucky.

No more fleas! I can't wait until I no longer see those stupid things on my beautiful villagers.

Seeing them on frogs is already a little weird but seeing them on a robotic frog is just silly. :p
Hmm, I dunno, all electronic devices are bound to have a few bugs....

... I'll see myself out.

Elija2

For future reference, these come from animalcrossing.us:

Awesome, thanks. I only need the mitten crab too. And it's good to hear that my villagers will stop getting fleas all the time.

Speaking of rare orderable items; does anyone have the playroom wall/rug set? I know I see it listed in online guides and lists, but neither have appeared in my town. I am beginning to think they took them out of the game. So does anyone have either? Not asking to order for me, I just want to see if anyone found them in their shops and I am just unlucky.

I have the playroom wall in my catalog, so I assume that the playroom rug exists as well.

I'd like to catalog the latter two someday.

Stewpot I am quite sure is exclusive to winter campers which is probably why it's rare. Clay furnace I am not sure, I don't think I have that either, but maybe also a winter camping item?

The clay furnace is a regular item. And I have both the playroom items so they must have shown up in my shops at some point. Just unlucky so far, I'm afraid.

Chopper

Yup. I have them logged. Let me know if you want to log anything.

Finally caught back up to current day after neglecting it for a week. Carnation garden is almost done, and I got my silver catalog badge. Hoping to finish out the Sweets and Card series before Gracie refreshes her store.

Depressingly missing some of the sale clothing I think. I don't believe I've gotten the tuxedo.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone happen to have a spare bug net on them? Accidentally sold my only one yesterday :(.
I'll be online in about an hour at the gym atm.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I have one in my shop you can take.

Speaking of bugs, if you guys have been keeping up, the very last bug can be caught next month (dung beetle).

Nope. Talk to her once then ignore her. And don't send her things or hit her with a net or push her around. Since they're (spoiler alert:) not real, they don't know you're harassing them. As far as the game is concerned, these things just put you on the invisible friendship ladder and make it harder to get rid of them.

Well shit. I didn't even wanna talk to her that much but I guess I'll have to then. *frump*

Edit:
Speaking of bugs, if you guys have been keeping up, the very last bug can be caught next month (dung beetle).

Man... so MANY "fuck you"s to the scorpions. SO angry.

789shadow

Banned
So my first day consisted of me screwing up the money rock, screwing up at getting the fishing pole from Isabelle, and everything was crickets.

Good first day.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well shit. I didn't even wanna talk to her that much but I guess I'll have to then. *frump*

Edit:

Man... so MANY "fuck you"s to the scorpions. SO angry.

lol that reminds me of Muffy's greeting of "Frump pa pum pum"

And if I could trade you the scorpion in my storage, I would :(

Coldsnap

Totally forgot that I was doing OT this week and so I just now got home, if you're still around I can open up if not I'll be back later tonight after I get home from the gym.

I've got Ozzie the lazy koala in boxes today if you're interested.

I'm around now ifyou got time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom