• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Aw shit. I don't know why I forgot to gather ingredients in preparation for today. D:

Luckily I've been saving all my mushrooms. The only thing that will be kind of annoying to get are the fish.

Animekatt

What you could do is save before asking the turkey for the dish. Then quit, and load. He'll ask for something else. This also works with the villagers too if you don't have/want to get the fish they ask for. I did this when I didn't have the secret ingredient for the salad, and saw that the soup was the mushroom stew. Reloaded my game, gave him the secret ingredient, then he asked for the fruit soup ingredients.

Bought the Zelda 3DS, new friendcode incoming tonight :)

Kami, let me know when I come by to pick up the Mush Hanger :)

Aren't you just transferring your stuff to the new 3DS XL? Because in that case, your old friendcode will transfer as well. :)

Well, in about a hour or so? :)

Aw shit. I don't know why I forgot to gather ingredients in preparation for today. D:

Luckily I've been saving all my mushrooms. The only thing that will be kind of annoying to get are the fish.

You even get mushrooms from the villagers, so it isn't that hard. I had nothing saved for stuff and I still got all the ingredients for all 4 dishes, together with the secret ingredients. :)

Don't know why people say it's time consuming too. Everything went rather quick. I thought you would have to do a lot more.

Linius

Aren't you just transferring your stuff to the new 3DS XL? Because in that case, your old friendcode will transfer as well. :)

Well, in about a hour or so? :)

Yeah gonna transfer. Had no idea my FC would stay, awesome!

An hour is a bit too soon, just got home. Later tonight could work I think.

suzu

What you could do is save before asking the turkey for the dish. Then quit, and load. He'll ask for something else. This also works with the villagers too if you don't have/want to get the fish they ask for. I did this when I didn't have the secret ingredient for the salad, and saw that the soup was the mushroom stew. Reloaded my game, gave him the secret ingredient, then he asked for the fruit soup ingredients.

I did this too, but I didn't have to reset because I got all easy recipes and the villagers gave me all the right ingredients too. Didn't bother collecting any of the stuff before hand either. lol

Took like a little under an hour to finish.

Marvie_3

Banned
A friend let me catalog the 2 items that Franklin gives you. Now I don't have to go through all the hassle. :lol

I still helped him make a fruit salad though. :D

Velcro Fly

Got two scallops so I didn't have to miss out on getting an item from that thing in the water.

Now to find the fish that my villagers are looking for that are suddenly the rarest fish in town.

MicH

hey mich

i got it too!
11058340843_649ac2527d_z.jpg

feels so huge in comparison to OG 3ds!
It's so beautiful! I can't justify getting another 3DS though (don't ask how many I have :eek:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had:
Oyster Salad
Fruit Soup
Red Snapper Poele
Banana Custard Pie

So the trickiest was the first one since that required quite a bit of diving and seaweed decided to become rare. Was lucky to catch a red snapper very quickly so that was no problem.

Since the first course results in the fruit basket I decided to do it with my alt. But I'm not going to do the rest, especially since the soup I was asked for is the shellfish. Nope nope nope. Not going to go scallop hunting.

Marvie_3

Banned
I only have the old school black 3DS, was about to upgrade anyways so I thought, why not Zelda? ^^

Pikmins are working their asses off now.

I could never buy one of those Zelda 3DSs. I'd never want to play it and it would be pointless to buy it and just have it sit there. :lol

Frogstep

You even get mushrooms from the villagers, so it isn't that hard. I had nothing saved for stuff and I still got all the ingredients for all 4 dishes, together with the secret ingredients. :)

Don't know why people say it's time consuming too. Everything went rather quick. I thought you would have to do a lot more.

I managed to get all the ingredients for all 4 dishes at an alarmingly fast rate. I got some pretty easy dishes so that's probably why it went by so quick for me. Got the fruit basket and cornucopia from Franklin.

onTdLbJ.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Velcro Fly

I'm thinking about going to Target tonight and fighting the masses for a cheap XL.

The OG really does hurt my hands. Playing Luigi's Mansion was so hard because my hands are big. I imagine an XL will be a lot better.

milkham

I'm thinking about going to Target tonight and fighting the masses for a cheap XL.

The OG really does hurt my hands. Playing Luigi's Mansion was so hard because my hands are big. I imagine an XL will be a lot better.

go for the zelda bundle!

Wbl3fGf.png

meaning today!

Velcro Fly

go for the zelda bundle!

Wbl3fGf.png

That's a consideration. I really like the look of the black one though. So I guess either one would be fine. I'd have to sell the code on the Zelda one though.

I've been going back and forth the past couple days trying to decide but I think I'm going to go for it.

Linius

I paid thirty euros on top of the dollar price at Target for mine. Would be a no brainer for me to go to Target. You Americans get sweet deals!

Frogstep

I'll be upgrading to that Zelda XL bundle pretty soon. Friend of mine has connections. :)

I don't wanna get trampled during Black Friday.

Velcro Fly

I've gone out on Black Friday plenty but never to a store opening. I'm a pretty big dude (6'0 225) so I'm not really worried about getting trampled. I'm prepared to make a mad dash to where the XL's are at though.

One more dish and I'll be done with the Harvest Festival. Diving for scallops took me the longest. The rest I've had decent luck. Been really lucky my villagers have given me ingredients that I need.

Ugh. Franklin only gave me the fruit basket. :( That slag. Should be a crime to not give the mayor both un-orderables.

Was asked to make:
Oyster Salad
Shelfish Chowder
Pan Fried Olive Flounder
Coconut Tart

That was a lot of fun. Of course I wasn't actually asked for any of the stuff I dove for. I only had to track down an extra barbel steel for a villager. Otherwise, it was pretty straightforward. I can see how certain dishes could be a lot more time consuming though.

The scavenger hunt idea works really well in the Animal Crossing world. I'd love to do a larger scale, long term version of it that involved the villagers even more. A game that's all about items and collecting is perfect for that kind of thing.

Happy Thanksgiving, AC-Gaf. :) Hope you and yours all have a nice day.

Koomaster

Got it all done - yay! ^___^/

The ingredients you get from neighbors make nice kitchen decorations too. Going to have to collect some more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got it all done - yay! ^___^/

The ingredients you get from neighbors make nice kitchen decorations too. Going to have to collect some more.
Seems that once you're done they stop wanting to hand out ingredients so I only have one sugar spare.

Frogstep

Damn olive flounders keep trolling me!

I need that dab!

I got asked for sea bass so many times and usually when I'm fishing for new catches they just show up nonstop. Somehow today they just refused to show up as often as they do. Seemed fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom