• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

That took longer than I expected, but I managed to get both the cornucopia and the fruit basket. It also forced me to do some diving so I was able to donate a couple new underwater creatures to my museum.

I have an extra milk if anyone wants it.

Protag

Banned
I got asked for sea bass so many times and usually when I'm fishing for new catches they just show up nonstop. Somehow today they just refused to show up as often as they do. Seemed fishy to me.

Oh man. This. It had to be prorgrammed that way.

The satisfaction was nice when i finished though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh I found some vinigar I must have dumped earlier. So I guess I have two items left. May look nice when I move my harvest room to my alts (the lack of doors means I can put some more stuff in it)

milkham

As a matter of fact I do! I'll open up my gate and we can trade

thanks marvie, now i just need 3 paintings and 5 statues

wild painting
wistful painting
warm painting

animal sculpture
beautiful sculpture
great sculpture
gallant sculpture
robust sculpture

MicH

Looks like I didn't miss a single fish/bug/underwater creature while I was gone. Just need the Mitten Crab for this month. There are a lot of fish and underwater creatures Zi still need to catch, though

Westraid

9Y0.jpg
AY0.jpg

The event was a blast, I really liked it. I was going to gather some extra secret ingredients since they'd look cute in my kitchen, but my villagers would keep giving me me fruit and bee hives. >>

Marvie_3

Banned
thanks marvie, now i just need 3 paintings and 5 statues

wild painting
wistful painting
warm painting

animal sculpture
beautiful sculpture
great sculpture
gallant sculpture
robust sculpture

Thanks for the famous painting! I'll let you know if I find any of the others on your list.

Blah. Need a skinny mushroom for the soup recipe, and it's one of the mushrooms I don't have any of.

Am I basically just stuck, or can I do a different recipe if I wait a while?

Sober

Man, that was fun. Thought it would be more insane or hectic but got through it almost no problem except trying to fish the barred knifejaw, which apparently it was rare anyway. I wish I kept a lemon or something since after you finish you can't trade fish anymore for ingredients? I just started about a week and a half ago so I don't really have much variety in fruit trees.

Blah. Need a skinny mushroom for the soup recipe, and it's one of the mushrooms I don't have any of.

Am I basically just stuck, or can I do a different recipe if I wait a while?
Villagers can give you stuff even if it's a town fruit or mushroom, just keep fishing I guess.

Chopper

My town and house are a bit of a mess after today's activities. Could someone with an open Retail accommodate me for a bit so I can get rid of these spare fish and bits?

If anyone has an extra Harvest Festival ingredients (milk, flour, vinegar, sugar and butter) they want to get rid of, I will gladly take them off your hands.

You can have some of my special treasure (unorderable items) in exchange. :)

Elija2

Its a shame that I have to give up after one recipe cause I literally have tried all day looking for a lobster :/

That sucks. It took a long time for me to find a lobster too but I eventually got one. Just only bother diving for the bigger shadows and ignore the smaller ones.

Chuckpebble

I haven't had a chance to play this all day. Should I set my clock back or can I still enjoy this day now?
9pm local and I'm trying not to spoil anything, that's why I haven't read up to this point.

I haven't had a chance to play this all day. Should I set my clock back or can I still enjoy this day now?
9pm local and I'm trying not to spoil anything, that's why I haven't read up to this point.

Technically the festival runs until 10pm but depending on what you need to hunt down, that might not be enough time and it won't be as much fun if you have to just rush through it. I see no harm in rolling the clock back a few hours to participate in an event that only comes around once a year.

Mecca

I gathered fish/fruit beforehand using Thonky's guide. That turned out to be a big waste of time because most of the stuff I stashed away wasn't needed. At one point three out of the four villagers that needed ingredients all wanted a Barbel Steed which I had to fish for. Thankfully, I didn't have to dive for anything.

I can't say that I enjoyed this as much as Halloween. It got a bit tiresome having to repeatedly go to each villager's house and then scrounge around trying to get the right fish. Thank goodness it was only four dishes.

As for the 3DS XL that others have been talking about. I just upgraded from the OG 3DS to the XL and it's like a whole new world. lol I didn't realize how tiny the 3DS screen was until I got the XL.

milkham

I
As for the 3DS XL that others have been talking about. I just upgraded from the OG 3DS to the XL and it's like a whole new world. lol I didn't realize how tiny the 3DS screen was until I got the XL.

My initial reaction on taking it out of the box was "HOLY MOTHER ITS HUGE WHAT HAVE I DONE" but after playing a few hours the original feels so tiny and crap. It wont fit in any of the organizing pockets of my messenger bags though so I'm going to have to figure out how to bring it with me and protect the triforce.

Day one in the books! Absolutely love the minor changes like stacking items and got hooked up by a great Neo-Gaf member. Unfortunately my fish is a red snapper and with over 5 hours of play didnt catch one so didnt get to complete the table. Having a ton of fun tho, the house gets upgraded tmw!

milkham

Day one in the books! Absolutely love the minor changes like stacking items and got hooked up by a great Neo-Gaf member. Unfortunately my fish is a red snapper and with over 5 hours of play didnt catch one so didnt get to complete the table. Having a ton of fun tho, the house gets upgraded tmw!

forgot me already smitty

Got it all done - yay! ^___^/

The ingredients you get from neighbors make nice kitchen decorations too. Going to have to collect some more.

Okay, now I'm sad I didn't get more ingredients. Great idea. Wish I would have checked this thread earlier. :\

I did, however, play alt townie and managed to complete everything and scored the cornucopia. So at least I managed to still nab both un-orderable items. Thanks for having friends who are also 3DS junkies and so taking time out to complete a holiday wasn't something frowned upon.

Man... I'm stuffed now though. I should go coma. *chuckles*

Chopper

Ah, no more Harvest stuff. If anyone missed anything, let me know and I'll order it up for you.

Also, does anyone have the Hedge in their Nook's Homes, or a Headkerchief in their catalogue?

AlexMogil

I gathered fish/fruit beforehand using Thonky's guide. That turned out to be a big waste of time because most of the stuff I stashed away wasn't needed. At one point three out of the four villagers that needed ingredients all wanted a Barbel Steed which I had to fish for. Thankfully, I didn't have to dive for anything.

I can't say that I enjoyed this as much as Halloween. It got a bit tiresome having to repeatedly go to each villager's house and then scrounge around trying to get the right fish. Thank goodness it was only four dishes.

Same here. I entered the day with every item from the guide as well as about 20 extra fish, a bunch of extra mushrooms, and a lot of extra fruit. The only thing I didn't come in today with the lobster. I figured I would take the risk and he wouldn't ask for a lobster dish. Didn't ask for a lobster dish and I had all the base ingredients, but of course the villagers were asking for river fish that I didn't have.

Everything worked out fine, now I just have to check and see if I need anything for my harvest set. But I also have a complete mess in my storage that I need to sell off.

Aaaaand crap. I need a harvest chest. Anyone?

And while I'm begging, I'm short the:

Mush bed
Mush dresser
Mush wall lamp
Forest floor

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom