• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Nah, I'm nosy about people's villagers so I checked the list on the map while I was there. Alts are listed at the top.
Ah, that makes more sense.

I have two alts. Ned hoards my Sahara collection and perfect peaches. Bauer has all the Gracie bits. They're cool dudes. In fact, Ned is a luchador.

Mecca

That's the rule I was using and I've been good playing everyday and catching villagers before they move. For some reason Chalise did not notify me once.

Something similar happened to me today. Julian told me that Moose was planning to leave, but when I talked to him he didn't mention it at all. I wish this game wouldn't mess around with how much control you have over who stays and who goes. I wanted to let Cherry go a couple of weeks ago, but when I talked to her the day before she was to leave, she suddenly decided to stay. :/

Linius

My alts name is Linius and he has most of the unorderable sets in his locker. And I use his house to decorate.

But I try not to do too much with him since hours with your alt won't count towards the golden badge on your main char. So all the hours I'm gonna need to lay down paths aren't gonna count :(

suzu

Something similar happened to me today. Julian told me that Moose was planning to leave, but when I talked to him he didn't mention it at all. I wish this game wouldn't mess around with how much control you have over who stays and who goes. I wanted to let Cherry go a couple of weeks ago, but when I talked to her the day before she was to leave, she suddenly decided to stay. :/

If you're trying to get a particular villager to tell you that they're moving, first empty your inventory (keeping tools are ok) and carry less than 100 bells. Then run in front of them and they should ping ! and talk to you. If not, save & quit and try again.

Usually works for me.

Edit: Also the villager has to be walking around outside (they can't be in the middle of fishing or watering flowers) in your town (the main street and elsewhere won't work).

Frogstep

I just recently started an alt on my town. Having a full storage finally caught up with me and there's only so much I can cram into the designated trash room in my house. :X

Elija2

Still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these, let me know:

pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5
creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper x3
forest floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
miniature car
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
western desert
mush lamp x3
cicada stereo
spiderweb clock
sporty floor
gold bug trophy
bronze fish trophy
office wall
mush end table x3
mush closet
mush TV
milk
mush table

MicH

I haven't seen many of you guys' towns since the end of September, and I really need some Dream Codes so I can check them out :D

My town is a mess at the moment, littered with all kinds of stuff. Bushes,furniture, clothes, ores.. ugh. I really gotta clean up.

I need to play with my alt more. I started a Sweets room way back in September, and I still think it looks terrible. Definitely gonna use this Mushroom set to crate a cozy autumn atmosphere. And I can't wait for all the Snowman furniture!

Chopper

I haven't seen many of you guys' towns since the end of September, and I really need some Dream Codes so I can check them out :D

My town is a mess at the moment, littered with all kinds of stuff. Bushes,furniture, clothes, ores.. ugh. I really gotta clean up.

I need to play with my alt more. I started a Sweets room way back in September, and I still think it looks terrible. Definitely gonna use this Mushroom set to crate a cozy autumn atmosphere. And I can't wait for all the Snowman furniture!
Feel free to check mine out. I'm pretty proud of Buckland. 7400-2932-0644.

Excuse the mess of lillies in the South East corner. I'm in the midst of breeding them, so they're not very well organised.

Frogstep

That reminds me, hey Niraj if your offer still stands I'd love to stop by sometime and grab that bug series if you still have it lying around.

Or you can come drop it off since you need the traveler badge and I still need to hit 100 visitors. :p

MicH

Excuse the mess of lillies in the South East corner. I'm in the midst of breeding them, so they're not very well organised.
Awesome, I am definitely gonna check that out :D

I just started Christmassing up my town. Just funded one of those trees that light up, changed my town tune to Jingle Bells and I'm gonna plant some more cedars throughout the town. It's gonna be great!

Roto13

Like two people have seen my town since I covered it with flowers. Come check it out. :p Dream address is 4300 2145 4240

MicH

I REALLY like your house. The moment I entered your Fish/Flower room I was amazed. THE FISH STUFF LOOKS SOOOO GOOD! And your Birthday room.. and your Sloppy/Cardboard room. Looks really nice!

Your natural paths look awesome. Glad that worked out for you. And all the flowers look amazing! I really like your town

Like two people have seen my town since I covered it with flowers. Come check it out. :p Dream address is 4300 2145 4240
Oooh, that's a lot of flowers! I love the natural paths. Looks great!

Also the Halloween stuff looks amazing. Too bad I missed it. Eh, maybe I'll TT back to get it. Your golden room is stunning. So much gold :D Oh, and rainbow Cabana looks fun. I have so many sets filling up my locker. I really should fill up my alt's house with them

Roto13

I REALLY like your house. The moment I entered your Fish/Flower room I was amazed. THE FISH STUFF LOOKS SOOOO GOOD! And your Birthday room.. and your Sloppy/Cardboard room. Looks really nice!

Your natural paths look awesome. Glad that worked out for you. And all the flowers look amazing! I really like your town

Oooh, that's a lot of flowers! I love the natural paths. Looks great!

Also the Halloween stuff looks amazing. Too bad I missed it. Eh, maybe I'll TT back to get it. Your golden room is stunning. So much gold :D Oh, and rainbow Cabana looks fun. I have so many sets filling up my locker. I really should fill up my alt's house with them

Yeah, I'm pleased with the natural paths. I think they fit a lot better than pattern paths, and they come in/grow out on their own when people move.

I made three alts specifically so I could decorate their houses. :p That's my favourite part of the game by far. I'm a little sad that I can only show my main house to people I streetpass with.

I should really invite people into my town more often.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That reminds me, hey Niraj if your offer still stands I'd love to stop by sometime and grab that bug series if you still have it lying around.

Or you can come drop it off since you need the traveler badge and I still need to hit 100 visitors. :p

Sure, I can come over whenever you're around, but I might be eating in like 30-40 min. Just to clarify, it isn't the whole set, just random pieces. Might be something like 7-9 pieces. I'd have to order the carpet and wall for you though, not sure if I have those laying around. Hope that's cool lol. Just let me know when you're free.

Frogstep

Sure, I can come over whenever you're around, but I might be eating in like 30-40 min. Just to clarify, it isn't the whole set, just random pieces. Might be something like 7-9 pieces. I'd have to order the carpet and wall for you though, not sure if I have those laying around. Hope that's cool lol. Just let me know when you're free.

Yeah man that's cool. Anytime after you're done eating is fine, I should still be around. I can grab the carpet another time. More visits. :)

Marvie_3

Banned
Still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these, let me know:

pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5
creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper x3
forest floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
miniature car
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
western desert
mush lamp x3
cicada stereo
spiderweb clock
sporty floor
gold bug trophy
bronze fish trophy
office wall
mush end table x3
mush closet
mush TV
milk
I'll take the azaleas and trophies. :D

Chopper

Has anyone got a Headkerchief in their catalogue (or Able Sisters), or the Hedge in their Nook's Homes?

tXBXLAk.jpg
3yBFhWi.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah man that's cool. Anytime after you're done eating is fine, I should still be around. I can grab the carpet another time. More visits. :)

I just checked what I had, three were dupes, but I have a snail clock, cicada stereo, beetle chair, spiderweb clock, mini butterfly table, and firefly lamp for you. I also ordered the carpet and wallpaper for you. I'll let you know when I'm on to pop in.

Frogstep

I just checked what I had, three were dupes, but I have a snail clock, cicada stereo, beetle chair, spiderweb clock, mini butterfly table, and firefly lamp for you. I also ordered the carpet and wallpaper for you. I'll let you know when I'm on to pop in.

Sounds good man. I already have the snail and spiderweb clock but the others I'll take. :)

Do you need any mush stuff btw? If you're missing a piece just let me know.

Have any of you guys successfully obtained any villager pictures? I'm trying really hard to get Tangy's. I've been helping her, talking to her, and sending letters pretty often. Any advice?

Have any of you guys successfully obtained any villager pictures? I'm trying really hard to get Tangy's. I've been helping her, talking to her, and sending letters pretty often. Any advice?

Lots. Keep doing what you're doing. But several of us have found that we didn't start receiving pictures until we hit the 400-450 hour mark.

suzu

I think requests like petitions have a slightly higher chance of receiving a picture (if you have been regularly befriending the villager who requested one). So it might be worth doing a Save & Continue before handing one of those in (just reset game if no pic).

I think requests like petitions have a slightly higher chance of receiving a picture (if you have been regularly befriending the villager who requested one). So it might be worth doing a Save & Continue before handing one of those in (just reset game if no pic).

Oh, thanks! That's good info. I think I've had one villager request me to get signatures before but I just forgot about it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom