• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

I'm sorry your wife is about to leave you for Animal Crossing. :(

Oh, wow. Well, we had a good two years while it lasted, ha.

I should have bought this for her on release day. I thought she might like it, but not this much. She is already addicted to it.

So, I totally missed out on the Harvest festival due to Thanksgiving stuff with my family. Would anyone be able to let me catalog the special furniture?

I've also got lots of mush dupes and some gold dupes I'm looking to trade/give away:

Mush dresser x2
Mush Stool x4
Mush closet x1
Mush bed x1
Forest floor x2
forest wall x2

(I've got all the above plus Mush chair, TV, and lamp; I need whatever else there is for the mush collection)

Golden clock x3

(I can't remember all the other goldens I have, but I need the wall for sure)

I need the Mush Bed! Please! It's the only thing I think I'm missing from my collection. I'm trying to complete a Mush room. The game gave me like 5 mush stools and no mush beds :(

edit: I sold my harvest furniture left over that you can have, but I got the fruit basket and cornucopia from doing the harvest festival itself if you want to catalogue 'em. I could also order the harvest furniture if it's available from the catalogue if you want them.

Frogstep

So turns out I forgot to catch a guppy before November ended. I could have sworn I caught that thing. :\

Kind of bummed but this just means I'll be completing my fish exhibit and earning my golden fishing rod a month later than I should.

Oh, damn it all.

I just found out my Mush collection is not as complete as I had thought.

If anybody has a Mush End Table and a Mush Stand I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Downhome

You people weren't kidding, lol. She was gone since Saturday morning and got back around 7pm tonight and she hasn't done anything but play this game since she got home, and she had it with her while she was gone to play as well.

Hansel

Banned
Does anyone have secret ingredients leftover from Thanksgiving?

Is anyone kindhearted enough to give me one or two?

I will give you 1 million bells if you so desire.

Please and thank you.

Should I get this game digitally or physically?

I don't want to have to swap carts every day to play it. Plus it's only $34.99 on eShop.

I don't want to have to swap carts every day to play it. Plus it's only $34.99 on eShop.

Digitally is the way to go, IMO. I got it that way and yeah, not having to switch out to play it is awesome. Especially since you'll want to pop into your town for a little bit each day.

Mecca

I played the first five months with the physical copy and just switched to digital. I would definitely go digital. This is a game that you will be checking on daily and it's a pain to switch back and forth.

Sober

Newbie question but does the Island follow the same rules as your town regarding fruits and flowers and everything? Or can I just go back and forth and strip mine the trees whenever I feel like it (as in when the day rolls over).

Elija2

Newbie question but does the Island follow the same rules as your town regarding fruits and flowers and everything? Or can I just go back and forth and strip mine the trees whenever I feel like it (as in when the day rolls over).

If you cut down trees or dig up bushes you'll have to replant them. They don't automatically respawn.

So much new stuff today. I had to sell more organs to start on the new Gracie set, get my jingle set started, and start keeping track of everyone's toy day requests.

Whew...

MicH

I'll make a note of that site but AmiAmi has been good for me so far.

Funny thing, I checked their website and the first thing I saw was this.

Checking the Good Smile blog there are some cool new poses and it includes arms for the summer version. No idea if I'll bother getting the Winter version though.

lz1Iurl.jpg
Oooh, I never got the summer version, but I think I'm getting the winter version! I like that dress much better anyway

Don gave me his picture tonight. Was surprised to get it before Sonny himself.... but I guess he was having his back checked out cause he's old. Not sure I was supposed to be told that.

Westraid

Lol I caught like 4 tuna today looking for the oarfish :p

tumblr_mx57r3DHgU1sv1iwgo3_400.png

OvO

Oh, damn it all.

I just found out my Mush collection is not as complete as I had thought.

If anybody has a Mush End Table and a Mush Stand I would GREATLY appreciate it!
If you want to catalog mine, you can drop by after I'm back from work if you don't mind. I've already promised the set to a friend or I'd let you have it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Getting into the habit of saving and quitting before I head to bed sure is difficult when one is so used to just closing the system.

Oooh, I never got the summer version, but I think I'm getting the winter version! I like that dress much better anyway
I prefer the green outfit more but I do like the new expressions. But do I really want two of the same character? I've only done that once.

Frogstep

Real life oarfish look so bizarre and huge. This is one of the reasons why I love this game. Had no idea this kind of fish was real.

Don gave me his picture tonight. Was surprised to get it before Sonny himself.... but I guess he was having his back checked out cause he's old. Not sure I was supposed to be told that.

I got Don's pic before Sonny's too. I hardly see Sonny when I get the opportunity to go underground. Whenever I see him he usually tells me to go away or he gets taken away by the chair when I yell 'scramble' into my mic. D:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have to say it is a shame that the new Isabelle nendo missed out on the shocked expression but I suppose there is only so much room in the box for parts.

Or are they saving that for the inevitable kimono Isabelle nendo along with the sad/wind blowing look. ;)

Also I see I got a streetpass today. I may have to be prepared tomorrow for a new villager. Welp. But perhaps I've ended up just giving Chalise to someone else.

Got myself all the December fish. The temptation to time travel to March to get the Loach and the Spider Crab is strong indeed, but I'll try not to give in.

Anyone have a new catch for December list handy?

No fancy graphic yet but koala posted this yesterday:

"From gamefaqs and credit to Liquefy guide:

New insect:
Dung Beetle (near snowballs, 5 PM-8AM)

New fish:
Pond Smelt (river, small shadow, all day)
Stringfish (river, huge shadow, 4PM-9AM)

Sea Butterfly (ocean, tiny shadow, all day, best 9PM-4AM)
Squid (ocean, medium shadow, all day)
Oarfish (ocean, huge shadow, all day)

Insects leaving:
Monarch Butterfly
Long Locust
Migratory Locust
Rice Grasshopper
Mantis
Orchid Mantis
Cricket
Walking Stick
Violin Beetle
Flea

Fish leaving:
Cherry Salmon
Char
Rainbow Trout
Mitten Crab
Guppy
Neon Tetra
Sea Horse
Zebra Turkeyfish
Barred Knifejaw
Ray"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91974592&postcount=2975

Linius

I read about the Christmas event with Jingle in my guide but it seems like we should do it two times (one time with an alt). If you deliver some of the presents to the right adress you'll get the festive wreath. But if you deliver all of them right you'll get his pic :D

And december is now two days old but I haven't seen anything other than the regular two fortune cookies in the shop. Also haven't seen any of the festive stuff like the Christmas tree, flag etc.. Just Jingle items for now :(

Though I did find the Santa hat and pants on the first two days, so that's going well.

MicH

Yeah, I've only gotten theJingle stuff and some Santa clothes. I have bought three different Glowsticks, which are awesome.

Good tip on the Jingle event. Will definitely do it twice

Linius

Haven't posted any pics for a while so here's a small update.

i1eKbkMydJAvs.JPG
ijX6YpW9xfk4Z.JPG

Please don't mind the walls/floor but on the left is my walk in closet with unorderable clothing. On the floor are Saharah wallpapers/carpets. On the right my new bus stop :D

i66xXeNCe0wsc.JPG
ib0ZCDK8rqt5sn.JPG

December brought me snow and Oarfish ^^

Only need the stringfish, blowfish and sea butterfly to complete the catches that are around now. Also need to dive for that darned Sea Cucumber and Spiny Lobster.

Linius

Since Tumblr still doesn't work (Jesus Christ), what's the best way to upload photos?

I've always just removed my SD card and uploaded my screens trough minus/picpar. But I understand that people playing the game digital are afraid something will happen to their SD card by removing it quite often :p

Looking good, Linius. I like my bus stop too. Even if it does raise certain philosophical questions of a bus stop with no bus.

Since Tumblr still doesn't work (Jesus Christ), what's the best way to upload photos?

You can remove the SD card as said or look in the settings of your Tumblr account (online not on the 3DS). There's an email address in there somewhere that can be used to directly mail pictures from your 3DS to Tumblr. Presuming you have access to a 3DS-friendly email account. I use the latter when I only have a couple pictures I want to post.

Real life oarfish look so bizarre and huge. This is one of the reasons why I love this game. Had no idea this kind of fish was real.
What's kinda cool too is that they've been in the news twice now in California.

I read about the Christmas event with Jingle in my guide but it seems like we should do it two times (one time with an alt). If you deliver some of the presents to the right adress you'll get the festive wreath. But if you deliver all of them right you'll get his pic :D
I felt like I had to do this with the Harvest Festival too. I wasn't able to get both un-orderable items on my mayor... had to use my spare character and scored it that way.

Roto13

I felt like I had to do this with the Harvest Festival too. I wasn't able to get both un-orderable items on my mayor... had to use my spare character and scored it that way.

Well, if you couldn't do it with the Harvest Festival, it's because you made a mistake at some point. :p Sounds like there's no way to get both items with one character from the Christmas event.

I have a Royal Crown (1.2m) in my Able's and a throne (800k) in my Nook's today. If anyone wants to stop by and purchase them, you're more than welcome to.

MicH

Yeah, I'm not gonna take out my SD cart to upload photos. I'm digital, too. Tumblr was so easy to use. Eugh

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally snow!

You can use gmail to email your tumblr account. Look under your tumblr settings for an address.

Well, if you couldn't do it with the Harvest Festival, it's because you made a mistake at some point. :p Sounds like there's no way to get both items with one character from the Christmas event.

I don't know how I could have gotten it wrong... give him the items he asks for, the secret ingredient... then done. I even double checked before I turned in via Thonky. :/

Ah well. Got um anyways so that's the important part. :p

Koomaster

Tumblr still works even if the 3DS app says it doesn't. I have used tumblr exclusively through my 3DS to upload photos. It still works.

It is just finicky as hell logging in to tumblr the first time. You basically have to keep loading the page till the username/password boxes appear and you have the confirmation button that allows them to be entered.

Might take a dozen tries or so but it does let you log in eventually once all the right parts on the page load.

After that it's no hassle. Once a week or so it will want you to re-verify you still want 3DS to access your tumblr. That page doesn't have any loading errors, so you just click 'accept' and you can load pictures again like usual.

So in the last couple of days:

I managed to finally get my golden can
tumblr_mx6vdvnHxA1svm4v1o1_400.jpg

Realized I have too many flowers (my town is almost totally covered)
tumblr_mx6vdvnHxA1svm4v1o2_400.jpg

Finally got to visit Resetti!
tumblr_mx6vdvnHxA1svm4v1o3_400.jpg

And I just thought this was funny :)
tumblr_mx6vdvnHxA1svm4v1o4_400.jpg

Koomaster

I don't know how I could have gotten it wrong... give him the items he asks for, the secret ingredient... then done. I even double checked before I turned in via Thonky. :/

Ah well. Got um anyways so that's the important part. :p
Maybe Thonky got a secret ingredient wrong? I went by whatever my neighbor's told me as a secret ingredient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom