• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

That's an insane amount of bells. lol

Right now I'm trying to survive with 1mil and that stupid gorgeous series is tempting me. D:

You can make money from selling blue roses? At a guess I probably have 90+ in my town.

Reese will buy them and people on the Internet will buy pretty much everything for even more.

I wanna do a Christmas room with the Gorgeus stuff using the Jingle floor and wall. I hope someone gets the festive trees soon

You guys should have said. I have both trees but I'm heading out the door for a couple hours. If I don't catch you later, you could come catalog them tomorrow.

I was at 12 million, down to 9 million because of Gracie's series as well T_T

Need to go around making monies again lol, probs go back to the island one day.

Chopper

I was at 12 million, down to 9 million because of Gracie's series as well T_T

Need to go around making monies again lol, probs go back to the island one day.
Yeah, I'm more or less the same. Hovered around 13 million for ages, but the Card series, and now the Gorgeous series, as well as expanding my alts' houses have brought me down to 10 million for the first time in months. I don't think I'll ever get the ABD legitimately.

I'm currently island hopping for the last few island bits I need. Cabana Vanity, Chair and Flooring (so rare, I've never seen one!). As well as the Treasure Chest. Let me know if you see them!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm still hovering around 25-26 million. Maybe someday I'll just island hop and work towards the 100 mil.

Chopper

I'm still hovering around 25-26 million. Maybe someday I'll just island hop and work towards the 100 mil.
How would that facilitate 100 million? I have had a couple of Japanese players simply hand me money on the island before, but extorting that much cash is mucky business...!

Elija2

I think I've got around 35 million saved up thanks to selling turnips and perfect fruit. I think I'm set for life as long as I keep occasionally selling perfect fruit but I still want that ABD.

Niraj

How would that facilitate 100 million? I have had a couple of Japanese players simply hand me money on the island before, but extorting that much cash is mucky business...!

Catching bugs :p It sounds like it would take a long time, but it's really not that hard to get 2 mil or more a night. Even at 2 mil, that's still only a little over a month for not much effort.

Niraj

Hours of bug catching every night for a month is actually a lot of effort. :p

I'm not saying I'll do it, I'm just saying that if I wanted to, it wouldn't be a big deal. I only play about an hour a day anyway unless somebody chats me up, so what's another 2 before bed? It obviously depends on how much free time you have, but I'm sure most of us are going to be playing this more than a month anyway. Even if you just planned to, say, play until March for the loach and spider crab, that's 89 days, so even if you did a million a day, that's 89 million right there. Granted, this assumes that you're not going to buy anything, which obviously isn't the case, but it really isn't insurmountable. It's just a scary number to look at :p

Frogstep

I've been trying to make at least a trip a day to the island to get some income for some of this new Gracie stuff and to finally pay off my house (such a fucking procrastinator).

It hasn't been too bad either. I mean, it's an easy 350-400k a night which is pretty good if I may say so.

I think the most money I've had at once was around 8 million. Maybe I'll try to get back into turnips this month. I'm sitting around 5.5m or so right now which isn't too bad. I'd love the ATM prize though :p Could take me quite a while.

Animekatt

To jump in on the bell discussion: I've only ever had 3mil on me at the most. I've gotten lazy pretty quickly with buying and selling turnips, and definitely with farming bugz. I think I'm down to 1.5 to 2 mil, since I bought Gracie's Sweets collection. Then I made some money back by selling old furniture here and there.

Looks good so far, Katt. Festive hair too. :D

Thanks! :)

Okay so there's a naughty or nice day for Europe?

http://www.primagames.com/games/animal-crossing-new-leaf/feature/animal-crossing-new-leaf-december-events
Okay gonna put my OG 3DS Friend Code out so peeps can go to the village then whilst I play Bravely Default =P
0001-4549-5671
My sis also uses this 3DS once in a while so it's her Mii but if it's playing Animal Crossing it should be me.

At least the peeps I add/re-add are the regular AC GAFers ;P

Who cares if you're playing Bravely Default!
Added your OG FC.

Oooh, we'll do it another time then. That's the middle of the night for me :p

Haha I was thinking that. Oh well, tomorrow then. :p

I keep the Jingle set...

All year!

I don't think I could use the Jingle set for the whole year. It is admittedly tacky. XD

Frogstep

So for the Toy Day event you don't actually buy the presents, Jingle hands you presents and you just deliver them according to what they wanted?

BizzyBum

So I planted a bunch of cherry trees and then I had the character Cherry move to my town and she placed her house smack in the middle where all the trees are. Is this just incredible coincidence or did I unlock a secret neighbor or something? lol

She's also a whore. I went to check out her place and she already had Lyman over.

AlexMogil

I've been spending every bell I get as I am still in house expansion mode. Sitting on about 500k with a couple room expansions to go and no basement yet. I didn't start playing earnest until September and I didn't GET IT until October.

The island trick helps in the down times, waiting for the turnip prices to go up but sheesh, again this week I'm getting them bought at 71 bells. I'll check the Turnip OT. Or if anyone here has an insane price tonight...

Also if someone wants a free snowglobe it's yours. I know its early, but every little bit.

Oh - and I am loaded with perfect apples, too.

Dale Cooper

Neo Member
Just picked up a 3DS this past week along with New Leaf and basically have no idea what I am doing yet. Would love to visit some towns and be a tourist while I get the hang of things!

I added myself to the spreadsheet, but feel free to PM me for my info, as well!

Frogstep

I'll have to visit spam you again sometime

You should visit spam me, I need the visits. D:

In fact, I might see if people are available to come visit spam me this week. Wanna try and finally hit 100 visitors or somewhere close. It's about time I got around to doing that.

Marvie_3

Banned

In fact, I might see if people are available to come visit spam me this week. Wanna try and finally hit 100 visitors or somewhere close. It's about time I got around to doing that.

I could help you this weekend if you want.

Niraj

Anytime man, just let me know. I'll be up a couple hours.

Marvie I'll wait til Hours is done so it's not annoying as hell for him.

Frogstep

I'm fine with leaving my gate open for a while, unless Marvie also needs visits.

And thanks Marvie, I'll take you up on that offer this weekend. :)

Niraj

I'm fine with leaving my gate open for a while, unless Marvie also needs visits.

And thanks Marvie, I'll take you up on that offer this weekend. :)

I'll just give him 10 or so and then help you out. You need it more than him ;)

Frogstep

I'll just give him 10 or so and then help you out. You need it more than him ;)

lol sounds good man. I'll leave it open for you to spam away. Any amount is fine and greatly appreciated. I'll be doing this all week most likely, so you can pace yourself. :p

Frogstep

I'm gonna be up for a couple hours catching up on some work, so you can come and go for as long as you like. I'll occasionally glance over at the screen to see if you're still spamming. :p

MicH

Reading you guys' posts about money makes me happy I don't have to worry about that any more. If any of you wants to catalog the ABD JUDT let me know

Frogstep

Frogstep, that's about all for me for now. Hope that helps a bit.

It helped a lot, I was literally at nothing lol. Still have a ways to go so if you ever feel the need to visit spam for your traveler badge (or for fun lol), just holla! Thanks again! :)

Linius

Reading you guys' posts about money makes me happy I don't have to worry about that any more. If any of you wants to catalog the ABD JUDT let me know

I just want the ABD and the gold medal myself :lol

Still 40 million short of 100 and I don't think it's ever gonna happen. Maybe in my weeks off working towards Christmas I'd take a risk and play the stalk market to see if I can net a nice profit.

Meanwhile, if anyone got perfect pears on bonus please let me know. I'm totally back in business since 1,5 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom