• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

My Christmas room is coming together nicely!
inWHcpz2z8wHg.JPG

Linius

Can I come over later tonight to cat your Christmas stuff? Then I'll bring my table and chair :)

Hoping to get the Christmas vibe going soon!

Koomaster

Why does your stump look different from mine? Yours has a yellow flower and mine has red holly. EDIT: Oh, that's from your emotion. :p Ha!
:D I thought the same thing at first. I was like - there are two different stumps?!

I am working on my holiday room as well today. Ordered a bunch of furniture to try out. :)

Animekatt

Can I come over later tonight to cat your Christmas stuff? Then I'll bring my table and chair :)

Hoping to get the Christmas vibe going soon!

Sure thing, although I won't be back home until around 10pm est. :(

Why does your stump look different from mine? Yours has a yellow flower and mine has red holly. EDIT: Oh, that's from your emotion. :p Ha!

:D I thought the same thing at first. I was like - there are two different stumps?!

Haha I didn't even notice that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to have to think about my Christmas room because the Jingle set is kinda ugly to be frank.

SuperSah

Banned
Gotta wait for Mich to get on to swap furniture sets so I can finally kickstart my Christmas room. :p

Also, anyone got a fireplace I can catalogue?

I'm going to have to think about my Christmas room because the Jingle set is kinda ugly to be frank.

I'm going to use Cabin furniture, it looks more "homey".

Frogstep

Booted up my game today and got the gold house model in the mail along with -

0Ml4yBd.jpg

HHA score badge!

Kind of a big deal for me cause my house is kind of a mess and I haven't really planned out much of the rooms except for my mush one. I'll be doing something with the gorgeous set once I complete that though.

Okay so there's a naughty or nice day for Europe?
Special Events

Naughty or Nice Day (Europe 12/6): Visit a friend who lives in Europe and partake in the day’s festivities.

Fishing Tourney (2nd Saturday): Grab your best rod and catch lots of fish for Chip!

Winter Solstice (12/21): The sun never rises on this dark day! Visit Isabelle at the plaza for a special goodie.

Toy Day (12/24): Disguise yourself as Santa and help Jingle hand out toys.

Countdown (12/31): The New Year is upon us! Party at the plaza all night!
http://www.primagames.com/games/animal-crossing-new-leaf/feature/animal-crossing-new-leaf-december-events
Okay gonna put my OG 3DS Friend Code out so peeps can go to the village then whilst I play Bravely Default =P
0001-4549-5671
My sis also uses this 3DS once in a while so it's her Mii but if it's playing Animal Crossing it should be me.

At least the peeps I add/re-add are the regular AC GAFers ;P

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Had Saharah today, got another classroom floor and nothing special for the wall. If anyone wants it, let me know.

I also talked to my villagers to try to get them to tell me their Toy Day desires:

Soleil-wallpaper
Flurry-carpet
Groucho-gray
Ankha-colorful
Drago-pink
Lionel-instrument
Jacques-red
Tammi-furniture
Muffy-carpet
Carmen-umbrella

Seems like Lionel is the only one who wants something interesting.

Niraj

Oh that's what Toy Day is for? Do we have to find gifts for all villagers, including Nook and such?

From what I understand, Jingle actually gives you a bag of presents and you just have to pass them out. Also, I think you have to talk to them multiple times to figure out everything. So Drago might want a pink toy or whatever, not just anything that's pink. I also think it's different in every game, so the same villager in a different town would probably want something else.

I've gotten multiple requests from a couple villagers. Flurry initially said wallpaper and then added that she wanted something green.

She already has green wallpaper. :(

Niraj

I've gotten multiple requests from a couple villagers. Flurry initially said wallpaper and then added that she wanted something green.

She already has green wallpaper. :(

Yeah, I think it's a color+item. So that's all you need to know.

The gifts don't have to be toys per se, do they? I'm guessing not since some ask for furniture and carpets and such lol.

No lol. Liquefy has a list of stuff in his FAQ actually. Just ctrl+f "toy day"

MicH

Gotta wait for Mich to get on to swap furniture sets so I can finally kickstart my Christmas room. :p

Also, anyone got a fireplace I can catalogue?

I'm going to use Cabin furniture, it looks more "homey".
I got your stuff. Are you ready to trade?

I was hoping we'd get to be creative about it. Like on their birthdays. Based on what Liquefy says, it doesn't sound like you need an alt to get both the picture and the wreath. To me, the wording suggests that you automatically get the wreath for making the deliveries and then receive the picture in the mail on top of that if you get a perfect score. So no problem if you prefer to live in an alt-free town.

Linius

Sure thing, although I won't be back home until around 10pm est. :(

Oooh, we'll do it another time then. That's the middle of the night for me :p

I love it to be honest. Together with the other festive items and the Christmas stocking on naughty/nice day it's perfect.

I was hoping we'd get to be creative about it. Like on their birthdays. Based on what Liquefy says, it doesn't sound like you need an alt to get both the picture and the wreath. To me, the wording suggests that you automatically get the wreath for making the deliveries and then receive the picture in the mail on top of that if you get a perfect score. So no problem if you prefer to live in an alt-free town.

Okay, that would be much better. The Prima guide described it a little different but Liquefy has been right everytime :D

And if I understand correctly I'm going to need to stalk my villagers (keep talking to them) until they reveal what item+color they want for Christmas? Do I have to buy those things or are these gifts already in the bag with Jingle when he arrives in town?

And if I understand correctly I'm going to need to stalk my villagers (keep talking to them) until they reveal what item+color they want for Christmas? Do I have to buy those things or are these gifts already in the bag with Jingle when he arrives in town?

Niraj answered that a little higher up:

From what I understand, Jingle actually gives you a bag of presents and you just have to pass them out. Also, I think you have to talk to them multiple times to figure out everything. So Drago might want a pink toy or whatever, not just anything that's pink. I also think it's different in every game, so the same villager in a different town would probably want something else.

And, yeah, I'd go with what Liquefy says over Prima. I think he played the game a bit more thoroughly than the guide people did.

Linius

Niraj answered that a little higher up:

And, yeah, I'd go with what Liquefy says over Prima. I think he played the game a bit more thoroughly than the guide people did.

Cool! Time to stalk my villagers and write down what they want. Since I like all my villagers this is pretty exciting. I'm glad I got all the unwanted ones out before the end of year.

MicH

Thanks to Koomasters advice on Tumblr, I FINALLY got it working again :D OMG YAY! Epic picture post coming soon

I have to say Mich, that Pikachu with the Christmas hat is too cute. Awesome avatar.
Thank you! It's my Christmas avatar from last year :D He's so cute!

EDIT: Picturepost! Not quite as epic as I thought it would be, but still :D YAY!1

tumblr_mx773aFr1R1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Cooking with Franklin :D That outfit I'm wearing is truly terrifying

tumblr_mx775c0bh41svgayqo1_400.jpg

Rosie being cute, as always

tumblr_mx777iSD0o1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Got my golden shovel!

tumblr_mx778poZE81svgayqo1_400.jpg

Caught a snowflake (actually, a few, but I had to toss them all)

tumblr_mx77acn8GJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Chillin' in Sah's town :D

tumblr_mx77bjA9NS1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I'm so lonely on this romantic bench :( Check out my spiffy new glasses, too! From Gracie herself. So elegant

MicH

I wanna do a Christmas room with the Gorgeus stuff using the Jingle floor and wall. I hope someone gets the festive trees soon

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I'm waiting for the tree before I start. Also need to expand my alt's house so I can move my harvest room to that one since I grew quite fond of it.

I didn't take any money for those :(

It's all about that villager prostitution
Much worse lol, but you did it for the good of others ;P at least it's more contained then other forums here =) ...unless I missed out the crazy villager swap period in the other OTs XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom