• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did quit my game last night so I woke up to my game auto saving. Thank god no one had moved it. If someone has a villager moving out tell me so I can his over with.

Linius

Sooo, I started stalking villagers for presents and it's quite hard to get it out of them. I had talk over and over to them to get a part of their toyday wishes. Apple went into some weird thinking mode after I talked to her too much I guess :p

Here's what I got though

Julian - Furniture
Henry - Green
Jay - Lamp
Lobo - Red
Mira - Brown
Flurry - Furniture
Olivia - Carpet
Apple - ???
Kabuki - ???
Beau - ???

In the shop today I found a Jingle Bed. So now I got the chair, table, bed and carpet. But I haven't found any of the other festive items like the candle or the tree. And my Nooks is still stocking two fortune cookies each day so no wands either :(

Mecca

I haven't had any snow except the very slight sprinkling I had one evening about a week ago. SNOW DAMMIT.

When does it start to settle?

Same. I thought flurries meant I'd actually see snow fall everyday. The other day there was no cloud in the sky let alone snow. I live in California where it doesn't snow. I NEED THIS!

Anyway, I got a cool snowglobe in my Emporium yesterday. The only xmas item in the shop besides a Jingle wall. It's kind of cool. It snows inside when you touch it. :) I usually play with the sound off so although I've had the Emporium for a few months, I never listened to the music inside the store. It's pretty nice.

I don't think I'll be getting the Reindeer's pic at the end of the month. I haven't been actively trying to find out what my villagers want. So far the only villagers that have said anything is Cherry and Whitney. I can't remember if Cherry wanted Wallpaper or Carpet. I assume they don't repeat their requests to you? Surprisingly, Whitney wanted something beige which is the complete opposite of her personality.

I haven't had any snow except the very slight sprinkling I had one evening about a week ago. SNOW DAMMIT.

When does it start to settle?

Snowballs start appearing daily between Dec. 11th and Feb. 24th so between now and next Wednesday.

I don't think I'll be getting the Reindeer's pic at the end of the month. I haven't been actively trying to find out what my villagers want. So far the only villagers that have said anything is Cherry and Whitney. I can't remember if Cherry wanted Wallpaper or Carpet. I assume they don't repeat their requests to you? Surprisingly, Whitney wanted something beige which is the complete opposite of her personality.

If you go back a few pages, we've discussed this a bit more in depth but basically, your villagers give you two clues (and, yes, they repeat them quite a bit) about what they want: item + color. Then on Toy Day, Jingle gives you a bag full of gifts and you match them up to the villager based on what they asked for.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got the silver bug catching badge. Just 3000 more for gold! -_-

Also have Redd today with a legit amazing painting, if anybody wants it.

Robin64

I've got a fucking monkey moving in.

Elise_NewLeaf_Official.png

I know the game lists that monkey as a woman, but I am not so sure.

zigg

See what worshiping the tree will get you?? :p
I'm pretty sure this happened because I didn't prostrate myself enough before the tree. I will rectify this at my earliest opportunity.

OT: rocking an XL now. Got one from the Amazon $150 Lightning Deal, and its 3D is actually workable unlike any demo unit I ever tried. Happiness!

zigg

Hmm, I had a lost item when I quit playing that is now a "pouch". So I guess I should dispose of it?

And what's up with mushrooms exactly? Besides the one that was a forest wall.

What are you guys doing with snowflakes? Should I just sell them for now since it looks like I can't store them anywhere?

Yes, they're plentiful enough. No reason to take up inventory slots before the snowpeople actually arrive.

Hmm, I had a lost item when I quit playing that is now a "pouch". So I guess I should dispose of it?

You can toss it or put it in your house.

Every day for the month of November, five mushrooms spawned and one contained a piece of furniture from the Mush series:

http://moridb.com/items/sets/mush

I need a Cranky personality villager to move in T-T, everytime I see that tent occupied it's either normal or snooty =(

During the entire month of November, mushrooms would have grown under trees, one of which would have been a Mush series item, which can be gotten daily, the mushrooms were also used to make the Harvest Festival's foods.

Linius

I need a Cranky personality villager to move in T-T, everytime I see that tent occupied it's either normal or snooty =(

At one point I had three Cranky ones in my town. Then I got rid of Vic and kept Frank and Kabuki around. Then Frank all of a sudden left me, which I hated. But now I have Lobo the cranky wolf, he's cool too.

At one point I had three Cranky ones in my town. Then I got rid of Vic and kept Frank and Kabuki around. Then Frank all of a sudden left me, which I hated. But now I have Lobo the cranky wolf, he's cool too.

Bruce left me T-T
There's a cranky hole in my heart XD, they are my favourite villagers in the game. Such a shame they have to spot you and tell you they are leaving rather then being able to stop them when they are packing as well =(

Linius

Bruce left me T-T
There's a cranky hole in my heart XD, they are my favourite villagers in the game. Such a shame they have to spot you and tell you they are leaving rather then being able to stop them when they are packing as well =(

Yeah, I really love this game but things like that also bother me a lot. I just don't get why they designed the game in a way that you have to keep playing it to maintain what you achieved. It's not like Nintendo makes extra money if I play this game more hours. It would have made sense if there was something like paid DLC, then a developer would do anything to make sure you keep playing it so you will want to buy their DLC. But that's not the case. I just want to be able to put New Leaf aside for a few weeks if I want to :(

Give us the town lockdown ordinance already!

Yeah, I really love this game but things like that also bother me a lot. I just don't get why they designed the game in a way that you have to keep playing it to maintain what you achieved. It's not like Nintendo makes extra money if I play this game more hours. It would have made sense if there was something like paid DLC, then a developer would do anything to make sure you keep playing it so you will want to buy their DLC. But that's not the case. I just want to be able to put New Leaf aside for a few weeks if I want to :(

Give us the town lockdown ordinance already!
Totally agree, in all honesty the constant checking on which villager may want to leave is my most hated thing about AC games =/. Should have given the mayor the power to make someone leave, on happy terms mind, your village as well if possible.

Chopper

Finally got my golden shovel today. Felt like a lot more than 50 fertilisers.

Also, I have a spare Big Festive Tree if anyone wants it. MicH, did you get one yet? I have another saved for you, in case.

Linius

Also, I have a spare Big Festive Tree if anyone wants it. MicH, did you get one yet? I have another saved for you, in case.

These festive trees are orderable right? Because I would like to do some catalogue swapping on Christmas stuff later if people can do that. Got a jingle chair, bed, table and carpet.

Katie turned up. If anyone wants her, I don't mind dropping her off. Otherwise, she'll just stay put.

These festive trees are orderable right? Because I would like to do some catalogue swapping on Christmas stuff later if people can do that. Got a jingle chair, bed, table and carpet.

Yes, everything except the event pieces. I still have several items sitting in front of my station. I'll leave them there for another day before I put them back in my house/give them to villagers.

Linius

Katie turned up. If anyone wants her, I don't mind dropping her off. Otherwise, she'll just stay put.

Yes, everything except the event pieces. I still have several items sitting in front of my station. I'll leave them there for another day before I put them back in my house/give them to villagers.

Oh cool, if you're town is open in an hour or so I'd like to drop by if possible. Guess you got that statue in too right?

I'll bring my Christmas stuff for you to catalogue too of course.

MicH

Thanks, bluepolicebox let me catalog gets yesterday and I ordered one afterwards, so I have one. Thanks anyway :D

Velcro Fly

I go through peaks and valleys of playtime but I always play every day even if all I do is shop.

Mostly having fun doing the holiday events and stuff now. Getting a second house set up to showcase sets that you can't reorder is going to be really fun.

Linius

So thanks to BPB I got quite some stuff off the list. For art I only need the Good Painting and the Ancient Statue now.

As for the Christmas stuff, I still need some Jingle items: clock, lamp, piano, shelves, sofa and TV. I do have the full Santa outfit now. I still need the two Christmas dresses though.

Tomorrow I got a nice order coming in, so I can start decorating :D

Linius

I have the complete Jungle set to order. Just let me know if you want me to order any of it

Someone has been playing too much Donkey Kong lately.

Well I wouldn't mind you ordering the pieces I named in my post. I'd love to get this Christmas room going by this weekend so I can enjoy it a few weeks :D

MicH

Someone has been playing too much Donkey Kong lately.

Well I wouldn't mind you ordering the pieces I named in my post. I'd love to get this Christmas room going by this weekend so I can enjoy it a few weeks :D
:(

Sure, I'll order them tomorrow. They will be closed when I get home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom