• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

If you go back a few pages, we've discussed this a bit more in depth but basically, your villagers give you two clues (and, yes, they repeat them quite a bit) about what they want: item + color. Then on Toy Day, Jingle gives you a bag full of gifts and you match them up to the villager based on what they asked for.

Thank you. I guess I gave up too soon. I'll have to make sure to write their requests down somewhere the next time they ask.

NewGame

Banned
I'd really like to borrow a golden shovel from someone if possible. I need to plant a few plain saplings and it's a lot faster than buying 1 a day from the flower shop.

For security I'll give you my other gold items, or unbuyable furniture. I'll only need it for 30 minutes or so. Also I'll pay you 500,000 bells for your troubles!

PM me!

milkham

Sure, open your gate!

;D

Yeah! Open your town up. I'd like that graceful painting.

open!

thanks suzu!
now i just need:
wistful painting
warm painting
animal sculpture
beautiful sculpture
great sculpture
gallant sculpture
robust sculpture

AlexMogil

You know I swear, I *swear* I have purchased 50 saplings and planted them, no axe. Does my store have to be fully upgraded or something? Right now I am at TIY.

Frogstep

You know I swear, I *swear* I have purchased 50 saplings and planted them, no axe. Does my store have to be fully upgraded or something? Right now I am at TIY.

I got mine when Leif still had his own store next to the Nooklings. I also never planted any of the 50 I purchased. Not sure what it could be, you just might not be at 50 yet.

Elija2

I still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these just let me know:

creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper x2
forest floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
western desert
mush lamp x3
sporty floor
office wall
mush end table x3
mush closet
mush TV
mush table

Last chance if the night crowd wants to sell some perfect apples.

That works! I'll be sure to check when you're open tonight and pick that up. :D

Dynamic, basic, nice, common and fine paintings I have spares of that I can drop off for you. Least I can do to repay the favor. :)

Still around, Froggy?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Still have that amazing painting at Redd's if anyone wants it.

Edit: this has been taken.

Frogstep

Got a last minute petition request, just before I was about to close up for the day. :p

If anyone is available I'd love to make a quick stop and get it done.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got a last minute petition request, just before I was about to close up for the day. :p

If anyone is available I'd love to make a quick stop and get it done.

I'm around, just give me a few minutes and I'll open up.

Edit: nvm :)

All December fishing done, now just to catch the dung beetle.

I also think I went I bit overboard in snowflake catching. It's annoying having to cart around so many. :/

NewGame

Banned
> Tells you that they are leaving, usually tells you a date.
> From 6AM the leaving day, spends all day inside their house with cardboard boxes.
> Leaves at 6AM the next day.

If you can talk to them normally any time before the final 6AM then you have a chance to get them to stay.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still a bit annoyed my game gave me no warning whatsoever about my villager moving. In fact I wouldn't have known if I hadn't loaded up my alt's save because it was Isabelle that told me.

MicH

Freebies if anyone wants them.. let me know! I will be dumping it all sometime soon to free up space.
I may be a little greedy, but I'm very much interested in the creepy set + jack in the box + old flooring since I missed Halloween. Do you still have them and what are you looking for in return?

I still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these just let me know

red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper
I would like this too, Elijah :p

I would only need the other colored pumpkins and the patch stuff then :eek:

Wolfe

Man, playing GTA5 for the past week or so has really kept me from keeping up with this thread lately lol. Still can't believe stupid Truffles moved in from my buddies town :(

In other news the YouTube app, while not great quality video wise, is pretty damn rad and a welcome addition to my 3DS home screen :)

Zero_IYAD

I still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these just let me know:

creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
old wallpaper x3
forest floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
western desert
mush lamp x3
sporty floor
office wall
mush end table x3
mush closet
mush TV
mush table
I need that Much Table to complete my room..
Can I have it please?

un1que

Hey everyone. I need some advice about this game.

I've had the game since launch. I got it as a free download when buying certain games and registering them with Nintendo.

The thing is is Still haven't played it and I'm wondering if its worth starting to play it now?

Have I missed stuff that I'll never see it get?

If I do play it now should I put the clock back to release day?

I've never played these games so what would be the benefits and bad points to starting now?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woo! Christmas tree appeared today.

If anyone wants to catalogue it later just tell me. It'll be about six-seven hours though.

milkham

Hey everyone. I need some advice about this game.

I've had the game since launch. I got it as a free download when buying certain games and registering them with Nintendo.

The thing is is Still haven't played it and I'm wondering if its worth starting to play it now?

Have I missed stuff that I'll never see it get?

If I do play it now should I put the clock back to release day?

I've never played these games so what would be the benefits and bad points to starting now?

well, you may have missed out on some items but Animal crossing is intended to be played forever, so events you've missed like the bug catching contests will come around again next year. As it hasn't been a year since release yet there are still things we haven't come across except for time travelers. I'd just play as normal and not mess with the date.

Robin64

Woo! Christmas tree appeared today.

If anyone wants to catalogue it later just tell me. It'll be about six-seven hours though.

Shit yeah!

Thanks for the response.

So will the game repeat exactly the same next year?

Mostly. I mean, kinda. The core will repeat, yeah, but you'll likely have different villagers, have opened up more facilities and features, begin to chase specific things..

Linius

Freebies if anyone wants them.. let me know! I will be dumping it all sometime soon to free up space.

Saharah's special wallpaper/floors:

summit wall
blue tarp
Backgammon Wall
sci-fi wall
chain-link fence
garden wall
bathhouse wall
daisy meadow
sci-fi floor
sandlot
sidewalk

This would help me enormously with collecting the entire Saharah set, why are you getting rid of all of it? :p

Anyways, I could pay or trade you for it. This is quite a valuable set.

Robin64

DN6mUwt.png

Robin64

Hooray for Sinterklaas.

Sinterklaas wears a bishop's robes including a red cape and mitre and is assisted by many mischievous helpers with black faces and colourful Moorish dress, dating back two centuries. These helpers are called 'Zwarte Pieten' ("Black Petes") or "Père Fouettard" in the French-speaking part of Belgium.

The myth is that, if a child had been naughty, the Zwarte Pieten put all the naughty children in sacks, and Sinterklaas took them to Spain (it is believed that Sinterklaas comes from Spain, where he returns after 5 December). Therefore, many Sinterklaas songs still allude to a watching Zwarte Piet and a judging Sinterklaas.

Chopper

The noticeboard says something about leaving shoes or socks out. I guess this isn't actually necessary?

Holy shit, that sounds terrifying. And a bit racist.

This game sure has a sense of humor. I have probably 25+ red hybrids on my beach that I watered and fertilized for the better part of three months. Nine days after I get a blue rose from Chopper my red hybrids decided finally to spawn a blue rose. I had quit watering them to boot. Go figure. :)

MicH

Yay, Naughty or Nice Day tomorrow! I'll be leaving my gate open for as long as possible for you guys to come visit :D

I sorta finished my Christmas room today and I am VERY pleased. I still need a Gorgeous Stool and Table, but this looks pretty good, in my opinion!

tumblr_mxc2oxv2aq1svgayqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mxc2q53GpJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I have to say, the Gorgeous Chair looks incredible. It might be my favorite item in AC :eek:

zigg

Speaking of Redd, haven't seen that scamming mofo in a while. And when he does show up he usually has legit art that I already own. Doing my best to get art on my own but I might just start trading pieces to get ones I need.

No kidding. :( My rarest visitor who only brings presents for friends.
Hmm, this reminds me of a Wild World problem I had. Nook stopped having sales and spotlight items, various other events seemed to become rather rare.

Went searching, and apparently the solution was to create another resident. This seemed to reset… something. I realize this is all very vague (especially coming from yours truly!) but it appeared to work for me. It was my understanding that you could delete the resident afterward, but I never did.

Robin64

I don't suppose naughty or nice day has anything to do with Sinterklaas right? We celebrate that today... :p

Well yeah, Naughty or Nice Day is based on Saint Nicholas Day and Sinterklaas is on Saint Nicholas Eve. But still an amusing tale. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom