• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Robin64

What is a Hopkins, and why does he have such cool stuff?

NVL_C_MEAB_USZlow_002_R_ad.png

Hopkins! Hopkins has cool stuff because Hopkins is cool.

Christ ok, im going to buy a reader.

And btw, what the best way to buy old series of cards, like serie 1-2 cards? Shop seem to dont have em anymore.

Not sure where you live, but you can order them online at BestBuy, Target or Amazon. Amazon is OOS at the moment on series 1 and 2 I believe.

I went to a Fred Meyer last night and they had stacks and stacks of packs for all 4 series.

The TRUE mystery about Hopkins is WTF is on the back of his head. It looks like a small button with a music note on it.

I think it's an inflatable valve, like on a beach ball.

May I come along as well? I was just having dinner.

I assume Hopkins is one of the new "forgotten villagers"?

EDIT: I'm obviously too tired. Can't believe I took minutes to post this XD

Robin64

May I come along as well? I was just having dinner.

I assume Hopkins is one of the new "forgotten villagers"?

EDIT: I'm obviously too tired. Can't believe I took minutes to post this XD

Yeah, his first and (until now) last appearance was the Japanese only Animal Forest e+ on the Gamecube.

MicH

I opened 10 series 1 AC packs today and didn't get my favorite character who I wanted the most (Cheri) :( Life is cruel.

At least I got Flurry, Chief and Bob

piggychan

Was your gate open when you went to the post office, by any chance? That limits quite a lot of options.

I think that was it... strange as I don't recall opening my gates! I must've been playing Fallout 4 while leaving my 3DS on wifi for a long time! Editing the previous post.

Just got these in the post today but not had a chance to open them up yet. The hello kitty pack wasn't included tho.

Also can't remember this before the update but I can't recall Pascal staying this long onscreen. Must be the old age...

WVW69jyrxI4tXOXkJR

Just keeps swimming
WVW69jyry_M6IHixCI

just keeps swimming...
WVW69jyr0QcU9Il5wG

piggychan

tumblr_inline_oghsdoDxu21s26f48_500.png

Scanned Hopkins's card today, so let me know if anyone wants to get some of his items.
Kiddie Wall, Yellow Flooring*, Disk Writer*, Giant Game Boy*, Milk Carton*, New Nintendo 3DS XL*, Pastel Low Table*, Round Cushion*, Standing TV*, Wii U Console*.

Think I want to order that gameboy and giant 3ds !

Does anyone know if mushrooms count against Perfect Town? I was thinking about leaving a bunch out year round, but I don't want to mess up my Perfect Town status.

I think you are fine with the mushrooms and special tree trunks. I can't get a direct quote from Isabelle as she is at the camping grounds in her RV but you just going to have to take these pics as gospel.

WVW69jyxSjglJrZqrn

WVW69jyxTdM-FeRO6C

WVW69jyxUw8N0nRT-D

pariah164

Think I want to order that gameboy and giant 3ds !

I think you are fine with the mushrooms and special tree trunks. I can't get a direct quote from Isabelle as she is at the camping grounds in her RV but you just going to have to take these pics as gospel.

WVW69jyxSjglJrZqrn

WVW69jyxTdM-FeRO6C

WVW69jyxUw8N0nRT-D
I am jelly of your purple and blue roses. I miss mine so much. ;_;

Westraid

Whoever is the proud owner of this magnificent card! Cardcaptor Westraid!
NVL_C_MEAB_USZlow_002_R_ad.png
Omg I love that title! o(*゚▽゚*)o

But yeah anyone who wants to drop by, let me know. I have to go afk for about 20 minutes but after then it's no problem to open the town gates.
I got these from my four packs, and scan a new card every day:
Already scanned Bea and Dobie in the past two days though.

Prisoner

Omg I love that title! o(*゚▽゚*)o

But yeah anyone who wants to drop by, let me know. I have to go afk for about 20 minutes but after then it's no problem to open the town gates.
I got these from my four packs, and scan a new card every day:

Already scanned Bea and Dobie in the past two days though.

Can I visit? I don't have the 3DS/WiiU. (FC in profile)

Jay RaR

Yeah, can't imagine someone getting true 100% catalog without paying irl money or having a lot of free time browsing online to get visits.

Westraid

Right, yeah. That's what I mean. Exclusive to those cards. It's shame unless between us here we can get our hands on them all.
I think it may be possible to get at least the majority of the items (since the special character 3DS'es seem to be exclusive to these characters at least) can be bought from Harvey and drop from balloons. So technically you could get everything (besides those special character exclusive items) without paying, but it'll take very, very long.

Can I visit? I don't have the 3DS/WiiU. (FC in profile)
Yup, added you, gates are open!

Hansel

Banned
I think it may be possible to get at least the majority of the items (since the special character 3DS'es seem to be exclusive to these characters at least) can be bought from Harvey and drop from balloons. So technically you could get everything (besides those special character exclusive items) without paying, but it'll take very, very long.

Yup, added you, gates are open!

May I come too?

piggychan

Thanks for opening Westraid. I had to grab that huge gameboy, wish I could have posted a pic on miiverse while at it.
EDIT

I thought Hopkins had a giant 3DS but its just a pastel table with a similar colored TV ontop of it >.>

Also got another nintendogs from another fortune cookie. Not sure what to do with these dogs as I will have no space to move around but they are pushing my HHA theme score a little higher. So I am assuming they are toy shop themed.

WVW69jyyj3shs-u6ft

Westraid

Thanks for opening Westraid. I had to grab that huge gameboy, wish I could have posted a pic on miiverse while at it.
Most welcome! It's a pretty cool item, but I didn't know where to put it, so I just settled it ordering the drink and the pilllow.

I just registered your code and we're not yet friends, so I guess you haven't registered mine yet. :)
Oh sorry! I've invited a lot of people over so I can't really remember all the people anymore.
I've added you back, town gates are open!

Posted this in the amiibo card trading thread, but since most of the action seems to be here right now, I'll quote my post here too.

Alright, so the New Leaf amiibo update has totally drawn me back into this game, and now I'm on the hunt for these dang cards again. Here's my trading list...

What I'm looking for...

-Series 2-

113 Isabelle

123 Fuchsia
137 Cookie
159 Zell
162 Mathilda
188 Ankha

-Series 3-

202 Blathers
204 Pelly
205 Phyllis
206 Pete
207 Mabel
208 Leif
209 Wendell
211 Grams
213 Digby
214 Don
215 Isabelle
217 Jingle

218 Lily
219 Anchovy
220 Tabby
222 Miranda
223 Del
224 Paula
225 Ken
229 Cousteau
230 Velma
232 Canberra
233 Colton
235 Spork
239 Ricky
240 Deirdre
241 Hans
242 Chevre
244 Tangy
246 Eloise
248 Hazel
249 Beardo
250 Ava
251 Chester
252 Merry
255 Wolfgang
256 Diva
257 Klaus
258 Daisy
259 Stinky
263 Gaston
265 Gala
266 Joey
267 Pippy
269 Bree
270 Rooney
273 Moe
275 Hamlet
278 Dora
279 Biskit
280 Victoria
282 Violet
285 Merengue
286 Cube
288 Curly
289 Boomer
291 Sparro
292 Baabara
294 Maple
296 Soleil
297 Apollo
299 Francine
300 Chrissy

-Series 4-

I don't have any Series 4 cards right now, but I'm focusing on finishing Series 2 & 3 first. Though I would consider trading for some S4 cards if it was part of another trade, especially if it was for any of the special NPCs or the villagers Zucker or Ribbot.

-Sanrio/Hello Kitty Collaboration Pack-

Note: I will trade any 10 doubles I have for a sealed pack of the Sanrio villager cards. (I'd even be up for a loose set if they were in good condition.) PAL or Japanese doesn't matter to me, I just want to trade for all 6 of them at once. (If you want more than 10 cards in return, I'm also open to negotiation. Just please don't ask for all my special NPC cards.)

-----

What I have to trade...

-Series 1-

006 Resetti
008 Timmy

020 Curt
026 Renée
029 Rasher
033 Bill
038 Patty
046 Winnie
047 Knox
050 Punchy (x2)
054 Deena
060 Samson
072 Lionel
079 Truffles
080 Eugene
083 Annalisa
086 Chief
094 Cyrano
095 Peanut

-Series 2-

101 K.K.
102 Reese
106 Booker
107 Katie
111 Shrunk
115 Nat

118 Poncho
119 Felicity
120 Ozzie
121 Tia
127 Kitt (x2)
131 Pate (x2)
135 Phoebe
136 Egbert (x2)
140 Avery
145 Carmen
146 Rodney
148 Whitney
149 Broccolo
150 Coco
151 Groucho
153 Alfonso (x2)
156 Gabi
164 Bianca
166 Kitty
168 Nan
169 Bud
173 Julian (x2)
176 Sprinkle
179 Hopper
184 Anicotti
187 Vic
196 Freya (x4)

-Series 3-

212 Timmy
216 Franklin

221 Kody
231 Elvis
290 Caroline

I live in Canada, but can ship worldwide. (As long as the rates aren't too extravagant.) I've done many trades with US Gaffers, so please don't hesitate to ask.

All my cards are the North American versions, and that's also what I'm looking for in return. (Except for the Sanrio/Hello Kitty cards, which I would accept any version of.) If anyone would like to offer a trade, please just let me know here and/or via a PM. Thanks.

Note: Updated Nov. 12th.

Robin64

If anyone would like to visit Viché, let me know. She shares some things with Cece but some things are unique, like her outfit.

WVW69jy-b5QxGjSdR8

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's rather cool that the front of the RV (where they drive) is also customised to reflect the owner.

I think maybe the infographic from animalcrossing.us in the OP might be partially invalid, Thonky is showing that Blowfish can only be caught in Jan/Feb, for example.

Frustrating because I am very close to finishing off all three categories after a two and a half year absence.

Top Bottom