• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

JazzmanZ

Scanned my Monster Hunter amiibo. Felyne is here!

WVW69jyUF1ICwyuN83

Magma-cavern wall
Lava floor
Barbecue spit
Felyne Guardian
Felyne Outfit
Hunter
Hunter's Cart
Hunter's Hive
Item box
Nabiru mask
Nabiru ornament
Otomon egg
Palico board
Poogie
Red Wing
Wyvern Eggs

I also have a couple of the HHD catalog items and new Zelda stuff sitting by my gate if anybody wants to drop by.

Hey you wouldn't mind if I add ya to get those felyne items another day?

FC is 2793 0601 2483

rhandino

Banned
I bought the game like a week ago as a birthday present for me lol and so I far I am enjoying it quite a bit... at first It clashed a bit with me since I love to play for long sessions but this time the game forced me to take my time and wait for things in real time ("Your house is going to be done tomorrow!", "This new expansion will be ready tomorrow!", "This thing you like will be done tomorrow so go to sleep and fuck off!", etc...) and that's quite nice since I can play this one for like an hour dayli and do other things and always feels like I am doing progress and working towards something.

So far i got some nice villagers and started to develop my little town by doing a bridge that I managed to fund in 2 days so that's nice =3

... I am also tempted to buy a lot of AC amiibos and the NFC reader since I am playing on a 3DS XL. HALP!

Westraid

beawnksf.png

Bea is so cute. Really tempted to ask her to move into my town, but I want to wait a bit in case I'll like Maddie more.
Bea is a Beagle though so that gives her extra points.

Frogstep

Now I'm assuming that amiibo villagers that move in aren't permanent and can still move (unless I'm wrong). Would that mean people can come over and have them move in? :eek:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I've been rejigging some refurbished furniture in one of my rooms because I wasn't quite happy with the way they looked and I realised one thing I'd like to see in the next AC is solid coloured tops.

With the restriction of 10 custom designs, using tops for fabric redesigns is a must, but sometimes you just want to do use something as simple as a solid colour, but currently you can't.

pariah164

I made a pro design for one of my initiatives. My first one ever.

Cw22hBTUsAA_8PL.jpg

I call it Leather Scales. It's not great, but it fulfilled the requirement.

Jay RaR

Got my nfc reader yesterday and went to town using it.

I scanned Inkwell first, got some of his items, and let him move in! And fortunately I got a Wii U console as a prize ticket so I didn't have to use any MEOW coupons (although I bought an Isabelle amiibo the previous day but oh well). Scanned Ganondorf today to get some of his stuff which was pretty neat!

Had a lot of fun with the Island minigame and spent most of my time playing it lol. I'm actually grateful I bought the card packs since I can use several animals for free and experimented with their abilities. So far, Whimsy and Gimme are awful abilities; Lone Wolf, Honey Hunter, and Fearless are alright; and Softhearted, Sniff em Out, Fish Fetcher, and Flight are really good. Its neat to get MEOW coupons if you beat the high score, if you get lucky that is haha.

Chopper

Scanned my Monster Hunter amiibo. Felyne is here!

WVW69jyUF1ICwyuN83

Magma-cavern wall
Lava floor
Barbecue spit
Felyne Guardian
Felyne Outfit
Hunter
Hunter's Cart
Hunter's Hive
Item box
Nabiru mask
Nabiru ornament
Otomon egg
Palico board
Poogie
Red Wing
Wyvern Eggs

I also have a couple of the HHD catalog items and new Zelda stuff sitting by my gate if anybody wants to drop by.
I assume all that stuff is new? Do all the new Monster Hunter amiibo produce different items?

yes thanks for opening up :)

I'll have to come back and get the rest when I have enough tickets lol

So much new stuff. Blew all my tickets. :p

Thanks. Great town tune, by the way.
Yeah, the foreigner tax is annoying but I'm totally willing to scan in Felyne whenever so everybody has time to save up.

I assume all that stuff is new? Do all the new Monster Hunter amiibo produce different items?
It's all new! I don't know if the different MH amiibo have different items, but I don't think so. Either way, they're not all released yet so I can't know for sure. Has stuff been datamined yet?

pariah164

Welp, my town wasn't full apparently. No option to kick Kody out, and Eunice's home is being built elsewhere. Guess I'll invite another; I have Opal in my cards.

Robin64

My New Leaf icon had a blue light on it, indicating something SpotPass related, but when I loaded the game there is nothing there that I can see.

piggychan

My New Leaf icon had a blue light on it, indicating something SpotPass related, but when I loaded the game there is nothing there that I can see.

I had this a couple of days ago and I assume it just automatically updates once you load the game up as afterwards that blue light don't appear anymore.

I think my Redd has a legit famous painting (mona lisa) if anyone is interested.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone collecting the mushroom furniture?

I already have the set, but found an end table today, so someone can have that if they want before I just sell it.

Actually, that reminds me, I have some spare fossils going since I had to dig some up for a daily task.

I know some have started again so if you need a:
  • Diplo hip
  • Apato tail
  • Ichthyo torso
  • Amber
  • Apato skull
Just gimme a shout.

piggychan

few things I've noticed since the update.
EDIT:

if you have club tortimer and wish to go online with randoms. It looks like you get a new warning sign and there is a HOME option that quickly returns you back to your town should you meet up with any undesirables.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

The download gift option seems to have been removed

if you have club tortimer and wish to go online with randoms. It looks like you get a new warning sign and there is a HOME option that quickly returns you back to your town should you meet up with any undesirables.

The Home option is a nice addition. Hopefully that allows you to leave even if somebody is seated.

HF2014

Wondering something, do you have other villager visiting the new camp? I start back like a week ago, and only seem to see the special visitors caracter come in (Saharah, Nat, Pascal, etc.). Not using amiibos.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wondering something, do you have other villager visiting the new camp? I start back like a week ago, and only seem to see the special visitors caracter come in (Saharah, Nat, Pascal, etc.). Not using amiibos.

If you're not using amiibo, you're stuck with the special visitors.

Finally got the police station! And I'm just 3 things away from having a complete art section of the museum.

What are you missing?

Roto13

My ground floor rooms are themed white, red, blue, and gold. I just realized I have (spare) rupees in those colours.

Neat.

Robin64

Despite Amazon UK having a 2 card packs per customer limit, I've had an email this morning saying they have no stock from Nintendo. Fun times.

The download gift option seems to have been removed

That's weird. I still have the option, plus you are missing "Save Mail". Moreoever, Japanese players are already on their first new DLC item since the amiibo update.

Does anyone know if mushrooms count against Perfect Town? I was thinking about leaving a bunch out year round, but I don't want to mess up my Perfect Town status.

I have never understood how to get 'Legit' Art. Redd seems to scam me 150% of the time.

The Fake Art looks different than what the actual art does. There are guides online describing the difference. Google "Thonky New Leaf Crazy Redd"

pariah164

Gracie came into my town for yet another Fashion Check. Got the same reward as last time. Arrrgh, just open up a store already!!

Also, I love that one of my initiatives is 'donate a fish to the museum' when I already have almost all fish donated, and the ones I don't have are out of season.

Westraid

tumblr_inline_oghsdoDxu21s26f48_500.png

Scanned Hopkins's card today, so let me know if anyone wants to get some of his items.
Kiddie Wall, Yellow Flooring*, Disk Writer*, Giant Game Boy*, Milk Carton*, New Nintendo 3DS XL*, Pastel Low Table*, Round Cushion*, Standing TV*, Wii U Console*.

pariah164

Scanned Hopkins's card today, so let me know if anyone wants to get some of his items.
Kiddie Wall, Yellow Flooring*, Disk Writer*, Giant Game Boy*, Milk Carton*, New Nintendo 3DS XL*, Pastel Low Table*, Round Cushion*, Standing TV*, Wii U Console*.
Could I come by for the TV and Wii U?

Chopper

What is a Hopkins, and why does he have such cool stuff?

Top Bottom