• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

So Blathers and Rover cant move in?
No, special NPCs can't move in under any circumstances.

If you scan an amiibo card with a special NPC, then you get an item from them. The special NPCs that have amiibo figures can visit you at the RV campground, but they cannot be persuaded to move in like normal villagers can.

No, special NPCs can't move in under any circumstances.

If you scan an amiibo card with a special NPC, then you get an item from them. The special NPCs that have amiibo figures can visit you at the RV campground, but they cannot be persuaded to move in like normal villagers can.
God dammit.

Severance

My Animal Crossing addiction is back on. I was wildly addicted at release for many months. I busted my 3DS back then and didn't replace it.. Until now (Thanks to Pokemon). Looks like I'm back in time for a nice update too. I'm building my town from day one and it feels good. I want to rush and unlock everything, but thankfully Animal Crossing requires patience.

Layell

After many fortune cookies and a bit of time travel, I have a Wii U item.

I really just want a 3DS, but this will do for now.

(anyone want to trade?)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Getting back into it, hopefully I can keep up even after Sun/Moon drop.

Already decided to scrap one room for whatever new items, might want to trash the wedding scene too.
WVW69jzB0y4PF42b-3

WVW69jzB3yUoaiMWaz

WVW69jzB2BY4rKUrEq

WVW69jzB5pgc3DTN5k

WVW69jzB7RU7qTWeXb

Jay RaR

How do I get regular villagers to go to my campground? All I ever see is "move in" or "give me something" when I scan them.

afaik, regular villagers won't be on the campground ever. The Welcome Amiibo villagers should though, but idk if you can find them at the campsite or as regular villagers moving in.

And I just blew my MEOW coupon load buying stuff at other towns. Getting MEOW coupons without time travelling really sucks lol.

How do I get regular villagers to go to my campground? All I ever see is "move in" or "give me something" when I scan them.

afaik, regular villagers won't be on the campground ever. The Welcome Amiibo villagers should though, but idk if you can find them at the campsite or as regular villagers moving in.

And I just blew my MEOW coupon load buying stuff at other towns. Getting MEOW coupons without time travelling really sucks lol.
The new villager from the upcoming Welcome amiibo cards will go to your campsite when scanned. There you can buy furniture from them or ask them to move in.

There are also other new villagers you can get from certain non-Animal Crossing amiibos figures like Callie, Marie, Link, etc that will also visit your campground when scanned with the same options to buy stuff or move in.

Frogstep

Gonna try to do the campsite trick tomorrow and see if i can get a 10th villager to move in so I can start visiting some towns without the fear or getting someone's mover.

This new update has been really neat and I look forward to trying my luck out on those cards and see if I can get all 3 of those new frogs. :eek:

limlark

So, Copper has a 'parquet floor' you can order. But there's already a different-looking floor in the game with the same name. What happens to my catalog if I order this new one? Does the original one get overwritten, or are there two separate parquet floors in the list?

The new villager from the upcoming Welcome amiibo cards will go to your campsite when scanned. There you can buy furniture from them or ask them to move in.

There are also other new villagers you can get from certain non-Animal Crossing amiibos figures like Callie, Marie, Link, etc that will also visit your campground when scanned with the same options to buy stuff or move in.

Ah, that clears it up. Thanks.

dock

I have a (Japanese) Resetti card, but I have no idea where I scan it! Am I missing something? I asked the Trailer Park guy but he isn't helpful.

pHand

I have a (Japanese) Resetti card, but I have no idea where I scan it! Am I missing something? I asked the Trailer Park guy but he isn't helpful.

Run around your town until you find a magic lamp, then place it in your home and interact with it to meet Wisp, who'll allow you to scan Amiibo. Some people in this thread have mentioned that the lamp can even appear on the beach, so make sure to check every nook (pun not intended) and cranny.

MicH

I have Saharah and Kapp'n at my campground today if anyone wants to buy some stuff from them. Kapp'n has a shit ton of new stuff and both the 3DS and Wii U

dock

Run around your town until you find a magic lamp, then place it in your home and interact with it to meet Wisp, who'll allow you to scan Amiibo. Some people in this thread have mentioned that the lamp can even appear on the beach, so make sure to check every nook (pun not intended) and cranny.
hmm, looked everywhere, but I'll try again tomorrow when it's lighter. :(

Raife

I have Saharah and Kapp'n at my campground today if anyone wants to buy some stuff from them. Kapp'n has a shit ton of new stuff and both the 3DS and Wii U

I'd be interested. How much is he selling the 3DS and Wii U for? I'm not sure if I have enough coupons.

pariah164

Okay, it's been a while since I gardened... I have to do a checkerboard-like thing for more flowers to grow, right? I got a bunch of hybrids from another town a few days ago and I was thinking more aesthetically, so I lined my paths with them, one space between each. None have grown.

piggychan

Okay, it's been a while since I gardened... I have to do a checkerboard-like thing for more flowers to grow, right? I got a bunch of hybrids from another town a few days ago and I was thinking more aesthetically, so I lined my paths with them, one space between each. None have grown.

please tell me you watered them daily ? :eek:

Also I honestly feel the beach is the best place to grow flowers. It rarely gets ruined by any villagers.

The other thing is sometimes buying fertilizer speeds things up.

pariah164

please tell me you watered them daily ? :eek:

Also I honestly feel the beach is the best place to grow flowers. It rarely gets ruined by any villagers.

The other thing is sometimes buying fertilizer speeds things up.
Of course I am. First thing I do when I wake up is I boot the game and water everything. My pansies are growing hybrids, and they are in checkerboard, so this may be key.

Seeing as I got most of my hybrids from your beach, yeah. This is fair. I may try that if this checkerboard thing doesn't pan out.

I have bad memories of using fertilizer in MySims; I get the hunch this is why I avoid it.

Marvie_3

Banned
So awesome just being able to scan someone and have them move. That plus being able to boot townies is soooo good.

Hello Carmen. GTFO Patty.

MicH

I need to order a house exterior from someone else's town to complete a town initiative. If anyone plans to open their town anyway please let me know so I can stop by your Nooks :D

I have Pavé and Rover at my campground today. Rover's RV is amazing. It's literally a train with a lot of new stuff. If anyone wants to stop by let me know :)

piggychan

I need to order a house exterior from someone else's town to complete a town initiative. If anyone plans to open their town anyway please let me know so I can stop by your Nooks :D

I have Pavé and Rover at my campground today. Rover's RV is amazing. It's literally a train with a lot of new stuff. If anyone wants to stop by let me know :)

I've added you. I 'll be in all day my Nooks should be open soon. Although I'm UK GMT time my acnl time is a few hours behind so usually on the days I am working I finish late the acnl shops are still open when I get home.

EDIT
A washing machine shaped like a star?

I think it might have been a music box thing. Strangely although some of it is real cute I didn't feel compelled to "catalogue it all" but I will definitely be picking up the cards when they hit here in the UK. My friend was basically just housing those items temporarily for one of her friends who was going to restart their town.

So today I've loaded up one of the new cards. #1 Vivian

WVW69jzXEb8xUVST2c

White brick wall
parquet floor
alpine bed
basic trash can
desk mirror
handbag
hanging chair
natural lamp
natural low table
round cushion

vivian is kinda cute.. Wonder if I should move out Fang or Patty? Ah well in the new year I'll give someone the chop

WVW69jzW-aUWVFF1Vq

I just remembered I still need to catch 2 bugs to get golden net.....

EDIT

Redd today has a:

scenic painting

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Quaint painting at Redd's if anyone needs it. Also have a moving and nice painting in storage, free to whoever needs it/them (Marvie, I still have another nice painting set aside for you, skeleton.jpg)

pariah164

So, one day after I set up the checkerboard pattern with my hybrids, still no dice. So, I guess I'm buying fertilizer. I'll keep watering, of course.

Quaint painting at Redd's if anyone needs it. Also have a moving and nice painting in storage, free to whoever needs it/them (Marvie, I still have another nice painting set aside for you, skeleton.jpg)

In whatever future AC titles there may be, I really hope they incorporate the encyclopedia system for fossils, art, and music.

I bought a painting from Redd the other day, turns out I already had it. I had forgotten as I had left the game behind for 3-4 months until the Amiibo update and didn't think to check the museum first because I recall having such few pieces of art anyway.

Niraj

Lol. Let me know when youre on.

Any time man, just let me know and I can open up or pop in.

And of course the day I decide I need it, T.I.Y. ain't selling it.

I can't win with this game. I just want blue and purple roses. :(

If you'd like to you can grab the fertilizer from my store. Have plenty of blue and purple roses too if you need more.

In whatever future AC titles there may be, I really hope they incorporate the encyclopedia system for fossils, art, and music.

I bought a painting from Redd the other day, turns out I already had it. I had forgotten as I had left the game behind for 3-4 months until the Amiibo update and didn't think to check the museum first because I recall having such few pieces of art anyway.

Yeah it'd be nice if there was a menu for those as well, I agree.

pariah164

If you'd like to you can grab the fertilizer from my store. Have plenty of blue and purple roses too if you need more.
Once I get back home and on wi-fi, sure. Should be there in 15.

Also, I'm worried that because I got the hybrids I have from another town, that's why they aren't growing here.

Niraj

Once I get back home and on wi-fi, sure. Should be there in 15.

Also, I'm worried that because I got the hybrids I have from another town, that's why they aren't growing here.

Sure, that would be fine. Sometimes it just takes awhile, them being from another town doesn't affect anything. My friend code is 3067-8697-6085

Top Bottom