• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

piggychan

The Rare Mushroom doesn't take the place of one of your fossils, does it? I can only find three fossils in my town today and it's driving me bats.

It's been a while but iirc you need to to have one of those special tree stumps that spawn mushrooms. Special stumps are designs that don't resemble a bulls eye target.

again iirc, If you already have mushrooms around the town. Remove them and put them in storage so when that special mushroom appears it will be easier to obtain the mushroom series...

I'm too lazy to recheck this right now and my memory is getting hazy.

EDIT

Also if anyone needs to order stuff from Ganon he's in my RV

Robin64

I don't have any stumps but one of my mushrooms each day has been a piece of the mush set.

Edit: Ah right, the "Rare Mushroom" is a thing and doesn't mean mush furniture. Okay.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Found a rare mushroom next to a regular tree today.

Unless it was still technically spawning near the special stump that's on the other side of the river.

Found a rare mushroom next to a regular tree today.

Unless it was still technically spawning near the special stump that's on the other side of the river.
As far as I know the only condition to getting this mushroom is that you must have a perfect town, I've found them around trees since then and it concurs with Thonky's guide.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/perfect-town-guide
When you have a perfect town, you may find Jacob's Ladder flowers growing near the cliffs, you may find valuable rare mushrooms buried near tree stumps, and most importantly, you can get the golden watering can if you maintain your perfect status for fifteen days straight!

I do wonder if the update changed it to trees in general and not tree stumps specifically?

Got a silver slingshot, and then upgrade the museum and found they were selling the silver shovel. Not entirely sure what they do, but I am happy to have the shiny items.

Been making sure to take breaks from Pokemon to do some fishing and handle my Animal Crossing chores, my 3DS is getting a workout.

Robin64

Scanned my Mabel amiibo, which has some new stuff including a Sable themed 3DS and a Mabel themed 3DS. My gates will be open in a bit, and for a while, though I will probably be AFK. Just pop in if you want stuff and see it open! (And that goes for all the time)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Found a rare mushroom far far away from any special stumps I have, so yeah, perhaps they just spawn anywhere now.

Found a rare mushroom far far away from any special stumps I have, so yeah, perhaps they just spawn anywhere now.

I don't have any stumps in my town, and I had picked up an 'Elegant Mushroom' during my morning chores a couple days ago, so maybe they are just random spawns? I figured they were just a nice little perk for some extra bells, do they have any other purpose?

Check behind every single building, and if that doesn't work, save, then chop down all of your trees. And dig up your flowers.

I've literally scoured every inch of my town. I don't know what's going on.

Do you have any paths down in your town? I got rid of mine due to them causing fossil problems, but that was prepatch.

I do not.

I mean, I'm like 650 hours into this town. I've never had a problem like this before.

colon

I found something else new that was added in the update. In my house I have a boxing room theme. I have the table with the judge's bell on it and when I go to the bell and push the A button my character does a little shadow boxing animation.

If you were going to get rid of one room and replace it with a Splatoon themed room would it be:

A. The Iwata Shrine
WVW69j0lnTYBcyvnfo

Or

B. The Home Arcade
WVW69j0loFs9uuHvpJ

I love them both so much, but I really want to use the new Splatoon furniture.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hopefully with Animal Crossing Switch, if dream town and museum exhibits make a return, you'll be able to view them during a dream visit.

Kind of sad you can make a nice exhibit and no one will see it.

Hopefully with Animal Crossing Switch, if dream town and museum exhibits make a return, you'll be able to view them during a dream visit.

Kind of sad you can make a nice exhibit and no one will see it.

That's why I can't decide which room to swap out.

Robin64

This pack arrived today!

I didn't take a pic of the back because they are just the standard card back, unlike the Japanese ones which have Sanrio art.

I will be scanning one of these each day for the next six days, and opening up, so if you'd like to come over and nab stuff then feel free!

Today's scan is Rilla, the Hello Kitty themed villager.

qQGJ1wT.png
aCICaPh.png

She has the following stuff: Hello Kitty wall, Hello Kitty floor, Hello Kitty bed, Hello Kitty chair, Hello Kitty clock, Hello Kitty drawers, Hello Kitty dress, Hello Kitty hat, Hello Kitty outfit, Hello Kitty planter, Hello Kitty shoes, Hello Kitty table.

Robin64

Robin ow big was your parcel?

Apparently mine was too big to fit in the letterbox and I missed the delivery while still sleeping..

Yeah it was weird, the guy knocked and I was all "Huh?". My other cards all came in a flat enevelope style packet, but this was more like a box slightly bigger than an iPhone box. Of course, it was entirely bubbble wrap.

Modoru

Don't know if anybody answered this (skimmed the last page a bit), but mushrooms show up under trees for a few weeks before the Harvest. (something about a mushrooming seasons, idk).

Special tree stumps just make them show up year-round. Every day, they'll spawn, and of the 4-5 that spawn, one of them will usually be a furniture piece.

reference:
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Mushroom

Ledsen

Just heard there's a new update to this game which seems substantial! I don't have a New 3ds or any Amiibo, still worth replaying the game with this update?

Robin64

Just heard there's a new update to this game which seems substantial! I don't have a New 3ds or any Amiibo, still worth replaying the game with this update?

Yes, there's a lot to do even without amiibo. It's a huge update, amiibo are a big part of it but not the only thing.

Hansel

Banned
This pack arrived today!

I didn't take a pic of the back because they are just the standard card back, unlike the Japanese ones which have Sanrio art.

Pretty sure the backs of the Japanese ones are regular but they come with an additional card with Sanrio art.

batfax

Does anyone have Ganon or Medli visiting anytime soon? I had been visiting a friend to get the Zelda items, but they learned a little too late that you can't keep them as a villager AND invite them to the RV park. I'm also open to trades, though I don't know what all I have that would be worth it? I'm after the Cucco Ornament, Fairy Bottle, Hero Of Time Scroll, Bomb, and Rupee.

Friend Code: 4854 - 7309 - 1727

Also if anyone needs to order stuff from Ganon he's in my RV

Aw. Looks like I was a day late checking GAF.

Also, my turnip prices are a measly 50 today. Sorry. =[

piggychan

Does anyone have Ganon or Medli visiting anytime soon? I had been visiting a friend to get the Zelda items, but they learned a little too late that you can't keep them as a villager AND invite them to the RV park. I'm also open to trades, though I don't know what all I have that would be worth it? I'm after the Cucco Ornament, Fairy Bottle, Hero Of Time Scroll, Bomb, and Rupee.

Friend Code: 4854 - 7309 - 1727

Aw. Looks like I was a day late checking GAF.

Also, my turnip prices are a measly 50 today. Sorry. =[

I rescanned Ganon if you want to come over my fc in profile

Robin64

Today's scan, Marty, who has an RV based on the aborable Pompompurin.

X8lec98.png
tQjjbm4.png

His stuff is: Pompompurin wall, Pompompurin floor, Pompompurin bed, Pompompurin chair, Pompompurin dress, Pompompurin hat, Pompompurin outfit, Pompompurin pudding, Pompompurin rack, Pompompurin shoes, Pompompurin table, Pompompurin TV.

Top Bottom