• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Robin64

The Switch really needs a save recovery system, because the amount of people that lose huge hours of town investment in Animal Crossing is bigger than it should be.

Sorry to hear it, pal. :(

Robin64

Today's scan for me is Chelsea, who has an RV based on My Melody. Adorable, again.

a1VVcBN.png
9iohRPz.png

Chelsea always brings the essentials when going on a camping trip: her collection of My Melody paraphernalia and a bowl of cookie dough.

She has the following stuff: My Melody wall, My Melody floor, My Melody bed, My Melody chair, My Melody clock, My Melody dress, My Melody dresser, My Melody hat, My Melody outfit, My Melody shoes, My Melody table.

Plus I was able to visit a town that had Filly, the current DLC camper for Japan, and document that. (Also, their town was snowing!)

5vtloP5.png
UVMrynM.png

When you walk through the door of Filly's camper van, you almost expect to hear that familiar DING-DONG! And then you begin craving a corn dog...

This one has a LOT of stuff: convenient wall, convenient floor, 24-hour-shop banner, 24-hour-shop counter, 24-hour-shop model, 24-hour-shop sign, 24-hour-shop uniform, 24-hour-shop clock, barbecue bed, buffet server, donut cushion, hot-snack case, sandwich display, shop coffee machine, shop ice-cream case, 24-hour-shop baskets, soft-drink display, steamed-bun case, sushi bench.

Edit: My town is snowing now too!

SuperSah

Banned
Only with homebrew/custom firmware.

That's pretty saddening. Sorry to hear about people losing saves. If I lost mine, I'd be royally fucked off.

So in relation to this DLC - there's like 700+ new items, right? Are these all only obtainable via the campsite?

I managed to get a Wii U today too! (in game, of course lol)

Edit: Also, which cards work with the game? Can I get the HHD cards and use them? I have Amiibo but don't want to remove them from the packaging haha

Robin64

Yeah, there are over 700 new items. Fair to say that 99% of them come from the campsite, though one or two appeared in the normal shops.

There are several types of amiibo you can scan, and each is slightly different.

You have the Happy Home Designer cards, which will allow you to invite that villager to live in your town, but they won't set up at the campsite with an RV.

Then you have the new Welcome amiibo cards, which are like the HHD ones, but they do set up at the campsite too, with all new items to order as well.

And then you have figures. The amiibo Party ones make a special visitor appear, such as Isabelle or Tom Nook, who will set up at the campsite and have special items to order. However, you can't invite them to stay. The exception is the Zelda and Splatoon figures, who not only have new items but also have new villagers such as Ganon, and you can invite those in.

http://andromea.tumblr.com/campground

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah, there are over 700 new items. Fair to say that 99% of them come from the campsite, though one or two appeared in the normal shops.

There are several types of amiibo you can scan, and each is slightly different.

You have the Happy Home Designer cards, which will allow you to invite that villager to live in your town, but they won't set up at the campsite with an RV.

Then you have the new Welcome amiibo cards, which are like the HHD ones, but they do set up at the campsite too, with all new items to order as well.

And then you have figures. The amiibo Party ones make a special visitor appear, such as Isabelle or Tom Nook, who will set up at the campsite and have special items to order. However, you can't invite them to stay. The exception is the Zelda and Splatoon figures, who not only have new items but also have new villagers such as Ganon, and you can invite those in.

http://andromea.tumblr.com/campground

So in order to get the new 700+ items, I need Amiibo figures and/or the Welcome Amiibo cards?

That sucks because the WA Amiibo cards are sold out on Amazon. Where can you find them?

So in order to get the new 700+ items, I need Amiibo figures and/or the Welcome Amiibo cards?

That sucks because the WA Amiibo cards are sold out on Amazon. Where can you find them?

I think NA doesn't see a release of Welcome amiibo cards until Jan/Feb, people are importing from Japan or EU, or live there. Don't forget the Sanrio cards if you're going to import, I think all 6 come in one pack, so that should be a one-and-done, the items are cute.

SuperSah

Banned
I think NA doesn't see a release of Welcome amiibo cards until Jan/Feb, people are importing from Japan or EU, or live there. Don't forget the Sanrio cards if you're going to import, I think all 6 come in one pack, so that should be a one-and-done, the items are cute.

I'm in the UK myself. I cannot find any Welcome Amiibo cards in stock.

The Sanrio ones are available on Nintendo's website but with delivery I'm paying almost £10 for these cards. I'm not sure I can justify that for a single pack of cards...

Robin64

Worth noting that the Sanrio cards in the UK include all 6, so you aren't having to get multiple packs to collect them all. You buy the one pack and have them all, and they have a vast amount of items to get.

SuperSah

Banned
Worth noting that the Sanrio cards in the UK include all 6, so you aren't having to get multiple packs to collect them all. You buy the one pack and have them all, and they have a vast amount of items to get.

Guess Nintendo has me by the balls. About to go order the damned things from their website :/

Any idea how much content they carry?

Robin64

Guess Nintendo has me by the balls. About to go order the damned things from their website :/

Any idea how much content they carry?

I've scanned each one over the past few days, listing their items, and posted in this thread. It's not very active, so might not take long to load, and the awesome Westraid is documenting it all here too.

Suffice to say, there are a LOT of items to get, and at 3 MEOW tokens each it's going to take a very long to get even just the Sanrio card collection.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I'm concentrating on landscaping my town (the one PWP job a day limit is a bore) while saving up MEOW tickets slowly. Seen some items that have given me an idea for at least one room to use the new items for.

SuperSah

Banned
I've scanned each one over the past few days, listing their items, and posted in this thread. It's not very active, so might not take long to load, and the awesome Westraid is documenting it all here too.

Suffice to say, there are a LOT of items to get, and at 3 MEOW tokens each it's going to take a very long to get even just the Sanrio card collection.

Grr. I wish I could get these from somewhere not Nintendo.

StayDead

I ordered the Sanrio cards from Game and they were meant to release on the 25th. Not only do I have no confirmation of shipping, they now say out of stock. It's an order in my account though :(

SuperSah

Banned
I have an initiative to visit a town and get 3 Meow Coupons.

Can anyone help me out before Monday? :)

Edit: nvm, got a friend to help me out.

piggychan

Plus I was able to visit a town that had Filly, the current DLC camper for Japan, and document that. (Also, their town was snowing!)

Perhaps not as good as Filly but ....

#36 Candi certainly got the shopping goods.

WVW69j1hSnsCtBTo7R

neutral wall
kitschy tile
basic display stand
cans
cypress plant
merchandise table
modern cash register
shopping bag
shopping cart
stacked magazines
store shelf

LoveCake

Just had a 350+ hour save file corrupt on me :( I feel sick.

:( Sorry to hear this.

AC:NL is my first AC game and it's the only one I need and want to play, when the 3DS stops being manufactured I am going to buy one and port my game over to that and carry on playing, I never want to stop, but one day I know the time will come when I turn my 3DS on and it doesn't work or another reason, and that will be that, I will just have to move on, but I will truly be devastated, I started playing AC:NL when Nintendo had the "buy two (or was it three) games and get another 'digital' game free, I just want with AC:NL becaue I had seen people talking about it and as it was free I basically took a punt on it, I still have Chadder, Samson, Dora, Filbert and Bluebear who is my favorite, I will NEVER let Bluebear or Filbert leave my town, I will never play another AC game, because I don't need to.

I wish Nintendo would make AC:NL a continuation game an somehow enable it to be ported over to the Switch from the 3DS.

StayDead

:( Sorry to hear this.

AC:NL is my first AC game and it's the only one I need and want to play, when the 3DS stops being manufactured I am going to buy one and port my game over to that and carry on playing, I never want to stop, but one day I know the time will come when I turn my 3DS on and it doesn't work or another reason, and that will be that, I will just have to move on, but I will truly be devastated, I started playing AC:NL when Nintendo had the "buy two (or was it three) games and get another 'digital' game free, I just want with AC:NL becaue I had seen people talking about it and as it was free I basically took a punt on it, I still have Chadder, Samson, Dora, Filbert and Bluebear who is my favorite, I will NEVER let Bluebear or Filbert leave my town, I will never play another AC game, because I don't need to.

I wish Nintendo would make AC:NL a continuation game an somehow enable it to be ported over to the Switch from the 3DS.

I hope this is what they're going to do hence all the new content this late in it's life.

I really do wonder if maybe the mobile Animal Crossing will do anything with New Leaf data somehow, since there are several ways they could get the 3DS to "talk" to a phone, including this new My Nintendo account thing. That would be great in my opinion, because then they could focus on something a little more innovative for the Switch version (if they're making one) while still carrying over New Leaf to a more modern and ubiquitous platform.

Sorry for your loss, Plinko. More than 350 hours is rough.

SuperSah

Banned
Damn it. I was told that wal-mart nearby already has both stocked so I guess they will be blocked by the register.

Make sure you're fast. I can't find a single pack in the UK.

update: Amazon UK got some in! Only 2 per order but I got some! Anyway to bypass the limit?

Prisoner

WVW69j1uBkQWWvOT0n

Anyone? I have a couple of campground items to give away: counter seat and metal flagpole (they're not very good, sorry!) You take any flowers, fruit and fossils too.

SuperSah

Banned
WVW69j1uBkQWWvOT0n

Anyone? I have a couple of campground items to give away: counter seat and metal flagpole (they're not very good, sorry!) You take any flowers, fruit and fossils too.

I'll do it for any of the campground items. May as well fill up my catalog! :)

I'll have to leave right away though, is that alright?

Pif

Banned
Is it still worth it to get into this game?

Just bought a 3ds but I'm afraid the online interactions are also quite important.

Just bought a 3ds but I'm afraid the online interactions are also quite important.
Now is probably one of the best times to get into it, it is seeing a massive upsurge in activity due to the patch, the current record low prices of 2DS/New 3DS models, and will probably continue to have a higher than normal active player base through the Holiday vacation.

It almost feels like an expansion release for an MMORPG. There is always going to be a devoted segment that plays every day, but this brought back "casuals", which I don't mean in a derogatory way, being a casual player of Animal Crossing myself.

SuperSah

Banned

As Teriyaki Blues said - yes! The update has bought the community back to life. The expansion is absolutely massive and coupled with the base game, you have hundreds of hours of content to enjoy. I've over 400 hours and with the wealth of content added, I can see myself being here for yet a further 400.

I just had a fun time on the International (online) island. Met a group of three great people, had fun talking about games and playing some island tours. Made me remember why I love this game so much. :)

piggychan

Damned. I'll likely never see those ever haha.

Fancy adding me anyway? :D

sure gimme a few mins and I will open up my town if you want. I got wisp in the camping grounds if you want to order stuff

EDIT

I forgot that in order to use the QR machine you have to talk to Sabel for like 10 days. oh well day 1 with alt

SuperSah

Banned
sure gimme a few mins and I will open up my town if you want. I got wisp in the camping grounds if you want to order stuff

EDIT

I forgot that in order to use the QR machine you have to talk to Sabel for like 10 days. oh well day 1 with alt

I'm about to head off to sleep - I'll add you now and will visit sometime soon! :)

I said next time Booker's RV is at my campsite I'd offer to let anyone come over if they'd like. So anyone with a Booker run Police Station, if you want to see his RV, just let me know. I'll be available for the next little bit.

Edit: I'll close up now, but if someone still needs to see Booker, give me a shout.

Top Bottom