• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Unlocked all the Puzzle League goodies last night except for the 3DS demo/display unit, unless there's more hidden in there that's not listed on the wikia.

I'm so rusty at Panel de Pon, I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting that 5x achievement.

Unlocked all the Puzzle League goodies last night except for the 3DS demo/display unit, unless there's more hidden in there that's not listed on the wikia.

I'm so rusty at Panel de Pon, I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting that 5x achievement.

Am I being crazy? I feel like it's either missing a mechanic, or they added a mechanic from Tetris Attack to Planet Puzzle League which was then removed in this version.

I can't quite describe it...but I swear they removed the ability to move blocks on top of or next to exploding blocks to set up chains beneath.

Anyone with good turnip prices? I have a bunch to unload.

I finally beat puzzle league with Rover the other night. The last couple were pretty tough..

-NeoTB1-

Well, new town and new start for me after a few year hiatus. I'd forgotten just how much I enjoyed this game. The new update seems cool, but I offloaded my amiibo collection earlier this year. How are the card packs? I thought it might be neat to get some visitors at my camp site.

My last villager moved into town today. It's Pietro. I was... shocked, to say the least. Anyone have him? I don't know if I can get past the freaky clown look thing. :(

Westraid

Westraid has Pietro and she loves him and is VERY protective of him!
Hold my 3DS!

My last villager moved into town today. It's Pietro. I was... shocked, to say the least. Anyone have him? I don't know if I can get past the freaky clown look thing. :(
How's that freaky? I think he looks super cute!
He's really sweet and he gives me positive self image by saying I'm cool as a FAIR number of cucumbers. He also excels at finding food and writes the best letters.
pietro23lbjcb.png
peitro1icktt.png
stars55jza.png

Definitely one of my favourite villagers! (´▽`人)♡

Man, fuck turnips.

If you're willing to hustle, www.reddit.com/r/ACturnips is a good place to try

I some some turnips last week for 527 per

Hold my 3DS!

How's that freaky? I think he looks super cute!
He's really sweet and he gives me positive self image by saying I'm cool as a FAIR number of cucumbers. He also excels at finding food and writes the best letters.
pietro23lbjcb.png
peitro1icktt.png
stars55jza.png

Definitely one of my favourite villagers! (´▽`人)♡

Pietro is still in my village and it is terrifying.

Roto13

Pietro is the only villager I ever made an actual effort to get rid of. He still hangs around downtown way too much.

Nobody really likes clowns.

Unicorn

If you're willing to hustle, www.reddit.com/r/ACturnips is a good place to try

I some some turnips last week for 527 per

Pietro is still in my village and it is terrifying.
Those people are crazy. They only do small batches of players and then close it off. I tried camping last night but no one posted. I fear my schedule rarely lines up with other people due to work and being on the west coast.

Those people are crazy. They only do small batches of players and then close it off. I tried camping last night but no one posted. I fear my schedule rarely lines up with other people due to work and being on the west coast.

I'm on the west coast too and I randomly came across someone who was able to get me in.

Who knows, you might get lucky.

I'm on the east coast and I feel the same way.. I have had difficulty catching people at the right time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
By the end of my town re-landscaping I think I'll have removed and replaced almost every PWP that I had.

Sure is costly to move something one square.

Robin64

Today's scan: Étoile, who has an RV based on Little Twin Stars! So cute you'd tear your own face off.

GOZcUXl.png
t8Iduzf.png

She has the following items: Kiki and Lala wall, Kiki and Lala floor, cloud-making machine, Kiki and Lala bed, Kiki and Lala clock, Kiki and Lala dress, Kiki and Lala outfit, Kiki and Lala pin, Kiki and Lala shoes, Kiki and Lala socks, Kiki and Lala sofa, Kiki and Lala table, Kiki and Lala wand.

StayDead

Today's scan: Étoile, who has an RV based on Little Twin Stars! So cute you'd tear your own face off.

GOZcUXl.png
t8Iduzf.png

She has the following items: Kiki and Lala wall, Kiki and Lala floor, cloud-making machine, Kiki and Lala bed, Kiki and Lala clock, Kiki and Lala dress, Kiki and Lala outfit, Kiki and Lala pin, Kiki and Lala shoes, Kiki and Lala socks, Kiki and Lala sofa, Kiki and Lala table, Kiki and Lala wand.

I think I want her to move into my town :>

piggychan

I scanned in Toby today

WVW69j1DeN4Oz5GPWi
WVW69j1DgdYsRuwB78

Kerokerokeroppi wall
gray patterned floor
green gingham shorts
green loafers
kerokerokeroppi cake
kerokerokeroppi doll
kerokerokeroppi pins
kerokerokeroppi top
kerokerokeroppi tray
red striped socs
shoji bench
stone lantern
suspenders shirt
tranquil bridge

Westraid

I'll have to skip Harvest Festival sadly, can't plan it in with my 16 hour workday fml.
If anyone has a spare milk and/or butter from the ingredients, I'd love to buy them from you!

Semajer

I have all the Sanrio and New Leaf amiibo cards now, so if there's a specific villager that someone wants to see I'm happy to scan them in and open my village to visitors. Just let me know via PM.

I still need to clean up my town, and I'm midway though Pokemon, but I'll try and get it ready if anyone's interested from around 10 A.M. GMT.

Robin64

I haven't been keeping my mushrooms at all, so fuck it. Can't be bothered. I have most of the Harvest set from the shop anyway, who cares about a fruit basket and a cornucopia that much anyway.

(This is one area where Animal Crossing fails, you never get enough in-game knowledge about events before they happen)

LoveCake

Hope you saved up those mushrooms.

I used to have lots around the special tree stumps, I just left them as they looked nice, but the residents didn't like them, they said the town was messy, so I have been harvesting them and eating/selling them and I did notice this last week mushrooms sprouting all over the place so I have been eating/selling them and only realised yesterday that I may need them for harvest festival, so I only have a few, I have done the first meal as I had kept some vinegar from last year, the thing is I don't really have the time for the fishing, on this day there should only be the fish swimming about that you actually need to give to the residents, I caught about ten today and none were what any of my residents wanted, I think that it would be better to have it on a Saturday or Sunday when people have more time.

Just to add that this may have changed with the new update to the game, which I have not yet installed.

I haven't been keeping my mushrooms at all, so fuck it. Can't be bothered. I have most of the Harvest set from the shop anyway, who cares about a fruit basket and a cornucopia that much anyway.

(This is one area where Animal Crossing fails, you never get enough in-game knowledge about events before they happen)

I agree to a point, I always try and do the takes, but you are right some of the events you don't get enough time or warning, it's like all the sweets for Halloween I don't have the room to store loads of them, and the same with this with the mushrooms, I knew a event was coming up and knew I needed stuff like vinegar, flour, milk etc but forgot about mushrooms, it has always got me how there is no greengrocer in the game with a shop where you can sell fruits to and then get things from him like milk and flour etc, catching fish for residents that then give you things like butter it way too time consuming, like the first meal I have a round mushroom, a flat one and some vinegar I had over from last year and then was asked for a special ingredient, I had a rare mushroom so gave that but it wasn't right then going to a resident who I had managed to get the right fish for said that for the (whatever the first meal was) the special ingredient is butter which I do not have!!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For us Europeans: myNintendo has finally added the Isabelle theme.

If anyone has a spare milk and/or butter from the ingredients, I'd love to buy them from you!

I have some spare butter if you would like it. No need to buy it.

piggychan

I'll have to skip Harvest Festival sadly, can't plan it in with my 16 hour workday fml.

EDIT
I had the milk while doing this stupid task and handed it to Franklin. While I was hoping for another milk exchange all I kept getting was lemons!! :O

I've given up on this. I do have flour and vinegar if anyone wants it..

Robin64

Today's scan is Chai, who has an RV based on Cinnamoroll! Once again, super cute.

chai1qcxfh.png
chai27qln1.png

She has: Cinnamoroll wall, Cinnamoroll floor, Cinnamoroll hat, Cinnamoroll jacket, Cinnamoroll outfit, Cinnamoroll parasol, Cinnamoroll shoes, Cinnamoroll sign, Cinnamoroll sofa, Cinnamoroll stool, Cinnamoroll table, Cinnamoroll tray.

"Stepping into Chai's camper is like stepping into the world of Cinnamoroll. In short, it smells delicious in there."

piggychan

#33 Ellie in the camping grounds today

WVW69j1MQXsssfOmvg

Café-curtain wall
terra-cotta floor
bread basket
counter table
espresso machine
fruit drink
iron garden chair
iron garden table
serving cart
silver teapot

She looks really cute too. uh-oh
WVW69j1MUk8xiXU28I

Today's scan is Chai, who has an RV based on Cinnamoroll! Once again, super cute.

chai1qcxfh.png
chai27qln1.png

She has: Cinnamoroll wall, Cinnamoroll floor, Cinnamoroll hat, Cinnamoroll jacket, Cinnamoroll outfit, Cinnamoroll parasol, Cinnamoroll shoes, Cinnamoroll sign, Cinnamoroll sofa, Cinnamoroll stool, Cinnamoroll table, Cinnamoroll tray.

"Stepping into Chai's camper is like stepping into the world of Cinnamoroll. In short, it smells delicious in there."
Pairing up Chai and Tia in a town would be cute.

PaulBizkit

I scanned in Toby today

WVW69j1DeN4Oz5GPWi
WVW69j1DgdYsRuwB78

Kerokerokeroppi wall
gray patterned floor
green gingham shorts
green loafers
kerokerokeroppi cake
kerokerokeroppi doll
kerokerokeroppi pins
kerokerokeroppi top
kerokerokeroppi tray
red striped socs
shoji bench
stone lantern
suspenders shirt
tranquil bridge

That tranquil bridge looks pre-rendered

I used to have lots around the special tree stumps, I just left them as they looked nice, but the residents didn't like them, they said the town was messy, so I have been harvesting them and eating/selling them and I did notice this last week mushrooms sprouting all over the place so I have been eating/selling them and only realised yesterday that I may need them for harvest festival, so I only have a few, I have done the first meal as I had kept some vinegar from last year, the thing is I don't really have the time for the fishing, on this day there should only be the fish swimming about that you actually need to give to the residents, I caught about ten today and none were what any of my residents wanted, I think that it would be better to have it on a Saturday or Sunday when people have more time.

Just to add that this may have changed with the new update to the game, which I have not yet installed.

I agree to a point, I always try and do the takes, but you are right some of the events you don't get enough time or warning, it's like all the sweets for Halloween I don't have the room to store loads of them, and the same with this with the mushrooms, I knew a event was coming up and knew I needed stuff like vinegar, flour, milk etc but forgot about mushrooms, it has always got me how there is no greengrocer in the game with a shop where you can sell fruits to and then get things from him like milk and flour etc, catching fish for residents that then give you things like butter it way too time consuming, like the first meal I have a round mushroom, a flat one and some vinegar I had over from last year and then was asked for a special ingredient, I had a rare mushroom so gave that but it wasn't right then going to a resident who I had managed to get the right fish for said that for the (whatever the first meal was) the special ingredient is butter which I do not have!!

Yeah, I hadn't done the Harvest Festival before, so I had sold all of the mushrooms from my morning run before checking in. So I was slowly starting to panic.

But it turns out there's no point in panicking. You can do the whole thing with zero resources,, as running errands for the Villagers nets you the ingredients. Sure it took a while, but I managed to knock everything out with a good bit of fishing, and got it all done nicely. Maybe took an hour and a half to get everything done... but it was my first time doing it so I wanted to get it completed. Next time I'll be ready I think

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just had a 350+ hour save file corrupt on me :( I feel sick.

Westraid

Just had a 350+ hour save file corrupt on me :( I feel sick.
Oh no! Did you get a certain message or error? I've heard of people being able to recover their towns after something went wrong, but I have no experience with it myself. :(

I've scanned Claude's card today. His items are really great! He has tea, donuts and a boardgame!
tumblr_inline_oh67g2hn3M1s26f48_500.png

If anyone wants to visit, let me know!

piggychan

Oh it's up? Japan got 1.5 a few days ago.

• fixes error resulting in a [004 – 6006] error code when downloading presents or campers
  • introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment

I got the message to update and it was a big download.. Took quite a few minutes but yes it says 1.5 now on the top right of my screen during the sort of attract mode.

Top Bottom