• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

SuperSah

Banned
If I tap in an Amiibo card and ask someone to move in, can I tap them another day and still access their RV stuff?

Paolo has everything I want to make a bathroom.

Robin64

If I tap in an Amiibo card and ask someone to move in, can I tap them another day and still access their RV stuff?

Paolo has everything I want to make a bathroom.

Nope, once they're a villager you can't bring their RV in anymore until they've moved out of town.

LoveCake

:mad: Just put my game on and Isabelle said that Pashmina is going to move tomorrow, got to her house and all her stuff is in boxes!

Simpson did say to me two days ago that Pashmina was talking about moving, I was walking about in her eye-line all that day and she never came running up to me, I did go and talk to her a few times and she never mentioned it, I was doing the same yesterday, but she never once ran up to me or said anything when I approached her!

I have not updated yet to the upgraded version of the game, but when this happened a couple of months back when Matilda left she never said anything even though a fellow villager told me she was talking about moving, I have done some searches but as the game is a few years old all the questions are answered when the game didn't have all the updates it has had over the years, has something been added so that sometimes the game decides a villager is going to leave and gives you no chance to stop them?

If it ever forces out Bluebear or Filbert a hammer will be taken to my 3DS!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sorry to hear. In the future, if you do hear somebody is moving, the easiest thing to do is save and quit. Start again, then immediately make for that villager. They will ping so long as they are that the first villager that makes eye contact with you.

One thing the update does is extend the amount of advanced warning a villager gives you. Not sure if it varies, but it's always been ten days for me so far as opposed to the normal five.

SuperSah

Banned
Have to applaud Nintendo for this update. I originally thought too little too late until I booted it up and got into it.

Friends I haven't played with for at least a year or two have turned up, we've had some good times hanging out in towns and reminiscing over what we used to do. The ginormous wealth of new stuff is wonderful and all the QOL changes are for the better.

It's pretty incredible that three years on I'm still thoroughly enjoying this game.

LoveCake

Sorry to hear. In the future, if you do hear somebody is moving, the easiest thing to do is save and quit. Start again, then immediately make for that villager. They will ping so long as they are that the first villager that makes eye contact with you.

One thing the update does is extend the amount of advanced warning a villager gives you. Not sure if it varies, but it's always been ten days for me so far as opposed to the normal five.

Ok thank you.

Pashmina wasn't my fave villager, but I had Matilda the kangaroo move out a couple of months back and Sylvia another kangaroo moved in, but it's just not the same, and I never feel the compulsion to talk to her if she's in her house or if she's walking about I won't go and talk to her :/ not sure why really.

As I said I have not yet updated the game yet, was going to today but with this happening am going to leave it until Monday when she has moved out tomorrow.

I think the game has changed so that sometimes is randomly picks a villager and they don't run to tell you, I have Bluebear, Filbert, Chadder, Samson and Dora who are all original villagers still in my town and Bluebear is my fave followed by Filbert and if anything happens to them, then it will be game over for me.

Is there anything I need to do or look out for when I update?

Niraj

I think the game has changed so that sometimes is randomly picks a villager and they don't run to tell you, I have Bluebear, Filbert, Chadder, Samson and Dora who are all original villagers still in my town and Bluebear is my fave followed by Filbert and if anything happens to them, then it will be game over for me.

Is there anything I need to do or look out for when I update?

Well, it's always a random villager (aside from your tenth, as far as I know the update hasn't changed this), but you can always find out if a villager is moving or not. Sometimes it takes a little effort, but you can talk to a villager who has pinged already and not mentioned moving, a villager who starts the day in their home, or your tenth villager. If you talk to them, eventually they will either mention somebody is moving, or they will mention something about generic rumors. If they mention a generic rumor, nobody is moving.

Frogstep

Picked up 4 packs yesterday. Got Tad! But I also got 6 repeats so it's like I bought a whole pack full of repeats. D:

Probably gonna pick up 4 more this week and see if I can get the other 2 frogs. Good news is Benedict is out and Tad is in!

SuperSah

Banned
Picked up 4 packs yesterday. Got Tad! But I also got 6 repeats so it's like I bought a whole pack full of repeats. D:

Probably gonna pick up 4 more this week and see if I can get the other 2 frogs. Good news is Benedict is out and Tad is in!

Of four packs I got, I only got 3 dupes :D

Niraj

One step closer to your dreams, yeah booooy

Persona7

Banned
Got cards but no store has the new copy of the game yet. Literally every store is sold out of New Leaf. Even amazon. I lost my old copy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Decided to try the turnip trading this week since I could get them for 95 today.

Now I just need to sort out my locker ha ha.

Thank you secret storage room.

SuperSah

Banned
Decided to try the turnip trading this week since I could get them for 95 today.

Now I just need to sort out my locker ha ha.

Thank you secret storage room.

Yeah, secret storage is a blessing. I'm hoarding tons of new items.

I'm now working on constructing a kitchen, utility room and bathroom.

Westraid

If I had been stuck with a Benedict, I don't know if I could have continued playing. Renee was bad enough.
I was displeased when Renée moved in, since I wanted cute looking villagers only, but she grew on me over time and I like her now.
Also helps she always gives me medicine whenever I run into a swarm of bees.
Flurry is a cute looking Normal Hamster but she never once gave me medicine.

Niraj

I have:

Calm Painting
Famous Painting
Fine Painting
Jolly Painting
Moving Painting
Valiant Statue
Warm Painting

I also have a Nice Painting from a villager, so I don't know if it's real.

Try to sell it at re-tail, they'll tell you whether it's fake or not.

Try to sell it at re-tail, they'll tell you whether it's fake or not.

You can also just place it in your home and zoom in, fakes are visiby different than real works of art. Thonky has an excellent website with a picture of every genuine piece and a write up on what differentiates the fakes from the real ones.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art

There is no fake version of the Nice Painting, therefore it is always genuine.

Niraj

You can also just place it in your home and zoom in, fakes are visiby different than real works of art. Thonky has an excellent website with a picture of every genuine piece and a write up on what differentiates the fakes from the real ones.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art

There is no fake version of the Nice Painting, therefore it is always genuine.

True, I didn't even note it was a nice painting. But trying to sell it takes less time. If it is fake, you can just get rid of it right there anyway.

xinek

My town's been mothballed for months, but reading about this new update broke me down. I ordered packs of amiibo card series 1-4, and they should all be arriving this week. So I'll no doubt be posting both in the card trading thread and here with RV characters if people want to visit!

I was pretty burned out by AC, mostly because it always weighed on me that I had to boot it every day to make sure my favorite villagers weren't moving out, and it just became not fun. Sounds like the update relieves some of that. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part to keep the game visible.

My town's been mothballed for months, but reading about this new update broke me down. I ordered packs of amiibo card series 1-4, and they should all be arriving this week. So I'll no doubt be posting both in the card trading thread and here with RV characters if people want to visit!

I was pretty burned out by AC, mostly because it always weighed on me that I had to boot it every day to make sure my favorite villagers weren't moving out, and it just became not fun. Sounds like the update relieves some of that. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part to keep the game visible.
One of the best things about the amiibo cards is that if you have ones of your favourite villagers, if they do accidently move away, you can use the cards to get them back immediately.

(The problem is getting the exact cards you want. $$$)

Frogstep

One of the best things about the amiibo cards is that if you have ones of your favourite villagers, if they do accidently move away, you can use the cards to get them back immediately.

(The problem is getting the exact cards you want. $$$)

Whoa, no way. I assumed that the card villagers followed the same rules.

That's pretty cool. You just have to have their card and it has to exist. :p

Whoa, no way. I assumed that the card villagers followed the same rules.

That's pretty cool. You just have to have their card and it has to exist. :p
Amiibo cards bypass the entire 10 (15?) villager cycle thing. You can also use amiibo villagers to force out anyone in your village at practically anytime.

They're pretty great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm pretty sure my game wants me to get rid of someone as I get a moving request every other day.

Robin64

It's Naughty-or-Nice Day today for European players and those who visit our towns!

hni_0042n5j18.jpg

Remember, it's the only way to get this:

holiday-stocking.jpg

Westraid

Jay's moving out on the 15th.
He was a villager from the start but I'll let him go so I can move in Bea. She is so cute!

I wish it was snowing already! Snowman Bingo was such a blast.
Really want to do my best since I always failed to make the Snowtyke who gives the Snow Bunny. ♡

LoveCake

Jay's moving out on the 15th.
He was a villager from the start but I'll let him go so I can move in Bea. She is so cute!

I wish it was snowing already! Snowman Bingo was such a blast.
Really want to do my best since I always failed to make the Snowtyke who gives the Snow Bunny. ♡

Can you build them all at once so you have the snowman family?

I have built Snowtyke, but what snowbunny :O

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Glad I dealt with all that when I played it last. Never again*

*Until the Switch version comes out.

Westraid

Can you build them all at once so you have the snowman family?

I have built Snowtyke, but what snowbunny :O

If I recall correctly, there's two snowballs in town every day, so you can make a snowman a day. What the Snowtyke gives depends on the quality of the other 3 snowpeople in your town.
If the other three are well made you get the Matryoshka, the Snow Bunny if two are right, and if you have one that isn't Snow Tyke well made, a Small Igloo. If only the Snow Tyke is well made you get a Sleigh.

snow-bunny.jpg

Westraid

Oh man, the snowman bingo was the most fun I've had with you guys. So many fun memories. :D
I remember once I left my gates open and two of you dropped by to catch snowflakes, and decided to make a contest out of it. I was 10 minutes too late for the business dinner but it was so hilarious.

tumblr_mxppgccoWj1sv1iwgo1_400.png
tumblr_mxppgccoWj1sv1iwgo2_400.png

tumblr_mxppgccoWj1sv1iwgo3_400.png
tumblr_mxppgccoWj1sv1iwgo4_400.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a feeling my turnips prices are just on a downward trend, decreasing by about 10 bells a day. Anyone have a decent price?

SuperSah

Banned
Can't wait for the snow to settle, even though I know I'll end up being sick of it and begging for Spring.

The first few days is great then it gets annoying real fast. :p

Blanca's campground face is uh..something.

edit: With the RV campground, does the regular campsite with tents work anymore? I haven't seen anyone in mine for ages.

Niraj

The first few days is great then it gets annoying real fast. :p

Blanca's campground face is uh..something.

edit: With the RV campground, does the regular campsite with tents work anymore? I haven't seen anyone in mine for ages.

Yes, you still get villagers there.

LoveCake

If I recall correctly, there's two snowballs in town every day, so you can make a snowman a day. What the Snowtyke gives depends on the quality of the other 3 snowpeople in your town.
If the other three are well made you get the Matryoshka, the Snow Bunny if two are right, and if you have one that isn't Snow Tyke well made, a Small Igloo. If only the Snow Tyke is well made you get a Sleigh.

snow-bunny.jpg

The most I have managed to build is two of them, I have lots of trees and bushes in my town so it's hard to roll the snowballs about :mad:

Top Bottom