• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Well where the heck have I been? Must have been seeing things then lol. Been playing the game for over a year now and still learning new things. Consider that an overreaction on my end then but she still destroyed an apple tree which is still rude. Thanks for the new info.

Well if it makes you feel better, you can always slap the new villager with your bug net!

Linius

haaaapppt new year yalkll
p1kx90C.png

Velcro Fly

Got my football fish for my 100% museum.

Think I might play again tomorrow at a more reasonable time.

edit: apparently I needed a goldfish instead of a football fish. that just doesn't seem right at all but whatever! I guess I'll catch one eventually

edit2: got it! 100% museum! wow

MetalDeer

Just got this the other day, along with a 3DS (finally) for Christmas. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, it seems like there's a ton of more stuff to collect and do, which is great. Still waiting for my house to be built, but I can't wait to check out all the exterior customization options. Already got a good sum of money by selling the ice furniture the snowmen give you.

A couple questions, though: I noticed there's long sleeve and short sleeve shirts, is there a way to toggle that or is it just specific to each shirt?

I noticed the store doesn't have a catalog in the beginning, do items you collect (and potentially get rid of) accumulate on the catalog before you unlock it?

Elija2

A couple questions, though: I noticed there's long sleeve and short sleeve shirts, is there a way to toggle that or is it just specific to each shirt?

I noticed the store doesn't have a catalog in the beginning, do items you collect (and potentially get rid of) accumulate on the catalog before you unlock it?

It's specific to each shirt, but most shirts have both a long-sleeved and short-sleeved version.

And yes, the items you collect count for your catalog even before you unlock it.

Frogstep

Happy New Year AC-Gaf! I've been disgustingly absent due to holiday things. Haven't missed a day on my town though. :D

chumby

Neo Member
Hey, everyone! New Leaf is my first AC game, and I love it! Is there a way to go to other people's towns and share catalogs, or just buy stuff from their catalog?

Hey, everyone! New Leaf is my first AC game, and I love it! Is there a way to go to other people's towns and share catalogs, or just buy stuff from their catalog?

Hey, welcome :) We can share stuff from each other's catalogs. An item is added to your catalog just by picking it up so if I dropped a bunch of stuff and you picked it up then dropped it again, it would be in your catalog. Then you can go back to your own town and order it from the catalog machine at the Nooks'. You can't, however, order directly from other people's catalogs. They have to do it for you.

Welcome to the little corner of Animal Crossing!

Niraj is our resident smug loudmouth and I think he's probably the only one who may have 100% of the items.

chumby

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies, everyone! So, can I look through someone else's catalog? Or would I need to know the exact name of the item to ask someone to drop it for me?

Robin64

Now that Animal Crossing Plaza is done, let's record the poll winner results!

November 2013
Who would make the best secretary?
Winner: Isabelle

December 2013
Who is the neighbor of the year?

January 2014
Who would you least want as an enemy?

February 2014
Who would make the best boss?

March 2014
Who is the most avid Bell saver?

April 2014
Who would you want as a roommate?

May 2014
Who would you go into business with?

June 2014
Who would make the best mayor?

July 2014
Who seems most likely to win a marathon?

August 2014
Who would make the best teacher?

September 2014
Who makes the strongest impression?

October 2014
Who would you trust your secrets to?

November 2014
Who is the best hider in hide-and-seek?

December 2014
Who is the neighbor of the year?

Competition was clearly fierce.

lol, as if anyone else even stood a chance.

EDIT: Turnips are going for 466 bells in my town if anyone wants to come sell their stash.
Gah! That's two 400+ nip prices this week. I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Happy New Years though, CrossingGAF! That's two legit zodiac animals down; only ten more to go!

MetalDeer

It feels like I picked a weird time to start this game. The past few days, it feels like I haven't been able to do much because either my house was being built, or Isabelle is preoccupied with New Year's Eve/Day. Seems kinda unnecessary to have her stand around all day at the plaza for both days.

Oh well. Hopefully she'll finally be available tomorrow. Not much else to do right now aside from fishing.

Zero_IYAD

Happy Belated New Year ^_^
Just came back from Dubai, awesome crazy place to celebrate the new year! fireworks show was amazing!!
Oh, I got Drago on day 1 when I restarted the game thanks to a kind GAFer & now Julian just moved in! The dream team is finally happening in my new save data!

Happy Belated New Year ^_^
Just came back from Dubai, awesome crazy place to celebrate the new year! fireworks show was amazing!!
Oh, I got Drago on day 1 when I restarted the game thanks to a kind GAFer & now Julian just moved in! The dream team is finally happening in my new save data!

Ah I remember now. Still need those Hero boots? Part of the Link costume set.

Zero_IYAD

Ah I remember now. Still need those Hero boots? Part of the Link costume set.
Yup, actually they're the only thing am missing in my 'necessity' list.
Either way am dead tired, if you have an extra please save it for me, I'll reach for you tomorrow in a better time.

piggychan

Gah! That's two 400+ nip prices this week. I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Happy New Years though, CrossingGAF! That's two legit zodiac animals down; only ten more to go!

hmmm you could TT every new year to get one... dunno if I have the patience to play this legit for 12 years tho..

Forkball

Welps, I jumped back in after a year. I changed my ordinance to Bell Boom so I can finish off some projects and pay off my house. The streepass lots are completely full, so I need to check each and every house to see about which items I want.

RIP life

Top Bottom