• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Azuran

Banned
I just picked this up, first Animal Crossing since the original! It's as fun and addicting as I remember it. The whole mayor aspect of it is kinda cool, and I like how I can get bridges and fountains built. I was bitching about how there was only one bridge, and then I saw the whole ordinance thing and I was quite pleased.

But the game definitely makes me realize how busy I am, considering I'm playing the game almost exclusively at night. I can't pay off my loan right now because I need to talk to Tom Nook to but he closes at 8pm. I keep missing it! I know I could just fuck with the 3DS clock, but where's the fun in that?

Question though, how do I make the H&H showcase be more than just a series of empty rooms?

You can talk to Isabelle and set up the Nightlife Town ordinance to make all the shops in town close three hours later.

You need to streetpass people for their houses to show up on the Showcase.

I just picked this up, first Animal Crossing since the original! It's as fun and addicting as I remember it. The whole mayor aspect of it is kinda cool, and I like how I can get bridges and fountains built. I was bitching about how there was only one bridge, and then I saw the whole ordinance thing and I was quite pleased.

But the game definitely makes me realize how busy I am, considering I'm playing the game almost exclusively at night. I can't pay off my loan right now because I need to talk to Tom Nook to but he closes at 8pm. I keep missing it! I know I could just fuck with the 3DS clock, but where's the fun in that?

Question though, how do I make the H&H showcase be more than just a series of empty rooms?

Azuran has stated most of the answers, but I find that streetpass events especially international events tend to fill up my H&H fairly fast.

So which public works projects should I be doing and which should I be avoiding? Are street lamps ok?
From Thonky:
Certain public works projects actually reduce citizen satisfaction. These include bright lights and screens (e.g. the video screen, the illuminated arch, etc.) or things like the drilling rig, tire toy, or garbage can.
So pretty much anything that looks tacky? Still don't get the garbage can though.

Edit: Found someone mention this on GameFAQs:
WOAH CAN WE STOP SPREADING THE RUMOR ABOUT PWPS LOWERING TOWN RATINGS?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://wiki.grovyle.net/butsumori_3ds/?役場#m65fb11d

The only item that does this is the trash can, and the rest lower NATURE points but UP LIVING POINTS, and the perfect town status in this game is also about maintaining a ratio between nature and living. It is very possible to have too many trees and not enough PWP, where in if you cut down some trees you will be perfect. The alternative is to build PWPs that lower nature points, it is not a single variable that you adjust, please stop spreading that.
Funny how long it's been since I even thought about PWPs. Once I hit the cap and couldn't build anymore... I zoned out regarding it.

LakeEarth

You can talk to Isabelle and set up the Nightlife Town ordinance to make all the shops in town close three hours later.

You need to streetpass people for their houses to show up on the Showcase.

Thank you, that ordinance sounds like a life saver.

That was cute... Gigi just noticed that I was holding a cup of Brewster's coffee and commented on how much she loves his coffee and she can't function in the morning without it. First time I had a villager actually pay attention to that.

Grexeno

That was cute... Gigi just noticed that I was holding a cup of Brewster's coffee and commented on how much she loves his coffee and she can't function in the morning without it. First time I had a villager actually pay attention to that.
It's probably like a .5% chance of that happening, behind the 50% chance of DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN STACK FRUIT

I just realized there's a MetalGuardian in the same Twitch chat I'm in. I wonder if that's you? :O
One and the same - good to see you outside of the chat in the land of the living, friend!

Another day, another Gracie no-show (and I believe she doesn't show up on weekends?) Maybe next week I'll break lucky - diligence!

Azuran

Banned
Ugh, just saw Daisy on Main Street after she was unceremoniously taken away from my town three months ago.

This game is playing with my heart.

It's probably like a .5% chance of that happening, behind the 50% chance of DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN STACK FRUIT

Haha after 600 hours my villagers still see the need in telling me I can use the lockers at the train station to store my items.
The game should stop all tutorial text showing once you've played for a certain amount of days, it's a drag.

NewGame

Banned
Okay like 3 people moved in and now they have SCREWED UP EVERYTHING buy shoving their houses in the worst spots.

Is there any way to get certain villagers to leave?

Peaches are selling at a premium. I think its a thousands bells for each one.

Edit: or if anyone would host me where they have loads of peaches.

piggychan

Okay like 3 people moved in and now they have SCREWED UP EVERYTHING buy shoving their houses in the worst spots.

Is there any way to get certain villagers to leave?

you can keep talking to them for like 10 times in one go.. push them around till they get mad, push them into pit falls... takes a few days but they should get the message :D

I can't believe I've been playing this game almost daily since it launched and I still don't have the video screen PWP.

imo that thing is fugly.....

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
you can keep talking to them for like 10 times in one go.. push them around till they get mad, push them into pit falls... takes a few days but they should get the message :D

That actually doesn't really do anything. If anything, befriending them makes them want to leave faster lol. Only thing you can really do to guarantee results is that time traveling trick, or just be patient. Just bear in mind that if you have 10 villagers, the 10th will never move so long as they are still the 10th villager.

Uh... I just updated my town in my Dream Suite, and once it was finished Luna told me my freaking dream address had changed. No 5,000 bells, no info on the number of people who had visited my town via Dream Suite either.

Anybody know what's up with that? This is far from my first time updating my town, too - I've probably done it at least ten times in the past couple of weeks alone.

Niraj

Uh... I just updated my town in my Dream Suite, and once it was finished Luna told me my freaking dream address had changed. No 5,000 bells, no info on the number of people who had visited my town via Dream Suite either.

Anybody know what's up with that? This is far from my first time updating my town, too - I've probably done it at least ten times in the past couple of weeks alone.

I don't think anybody has pinned down the reasoning, but it does happen from time to time to people. Just luck of the draw unfortunately. The weird thing is that you should be able to still visit your old dream address if you still have it.

zlCfzS3ry8AN28yRQB

rBoMvxV.jpg

Surely not?

zlCfzS3ry8AN28yRQB

rBoMvxV.jpg

Surely not?
I like it!

I keep expecting my town code to change given how infrequently I update now-a-days. I'll probably update it today though as I'm changing my front room back to pre-holiday status and I'm happy Carlos is off my ReTail path.

I'm glad I sold my nips yesterday too. My "spike" is 143 this morning.

Cheddahz

Banned
I tried getting into this a while back and couldn't get into it, so I sold off my 3DS and well, I decided to retry it and yeah, I think I'm pretty much hooked now (got a 2DS to replace my 3DS XL and I've been enjoying playing games on the 2DS much more, so that could be why as well)

Anyways, my friend code is 4055-5834-6797 if anyone of one want to add me (be sure to give me your friend code as well)!

Can anyone open up for nips sales? I'm about to get hit with a loss over here. :/
Oh man, sorry Chumby. I didn't see this till this morning. I doubt I would have had good prices though. Weekends are hard to either get people in here or just having a decent nip price so last minute.
I've gone all in for turnips this week.
I'm in for turnips this week too. I'll be keeping the thread updated if I get anything good.

On a different note... a sloppy piece showed up in ReTail this morning and it was another clock. Gah! But then it reminded me I never picked up those other sloppy pieces from Piggy. Sorry about that... right before Christmas messed me up. If you still have them, let me know when a good time might be to pick them up.

Also, I ran into needing to clear my friends list last night. I removed anyone who didn't have a last played time listed. I know it's not the most elegant way to handle it but I lose track of who is who on there. I may have cleaned out some AC peeps in the process.

Dak'kon

I'm in for turnips this week too. I'll be keeping the thread updated if I get anything good.

*someone* has been vandalising my town message board. And if that person is going to joke about being a drug mule then I'll have to get Booker to start giving cavity searches! I'm a no tolerance mayor when it comes to the war on drugs :mad:

I'm also all in for turnips but I'm probably going to be relying on others this week since I had a large spike last week, but I'll keep checking my prices too.

I've also now got all snowpeople items apart from the bingo ones so I'm all in for those as well. Hopefully I'll get them all before the season is over.

Niraj

*someone* has been vandalising my town message board. And if that person is going to joke about being a drug mule then I'll have to get Booker to start giving cavity searches! I'm a no tolerance mayor when it comes to the war on drugs :mad:

I'm also all in for turnips but I'm probably going to be relying on others this week since I had a large spike last week, but I'll keep checking my prices too.

I've also now got all snowpeople items apart from the bingo ones so I'm all in for those as well. Hopefully I'll get them all before the season is over.

Need numbers? I forgot to ask.

Anyone have a raccoon wall clock they want to give me?
I'll order it for you this morning and have it for sometime this evening. :)
Oh no! Glad you only had 500K worth. I remember some people early on in this thread lost more than that time traveling. :/
I'm getting a broken page. Anyone else having this issue?
Working okay for me on IE.
Don't judge.

Top Bottom