• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just got this game last week. Looks like it dropped off in popularity but nice to see there is still a community kicking around.

Anyways, I got a Redd with a genuine Fine Painting if anyone wants to come claim it. Friendcode is 4957 2400 7999. I assume I just leave the gate open?

Welcome :)

If you add somebody's friend code, you'll have to close and reopen, but yeah, basically.

Cheddahz

Banned
I tried getting into this a while back and couldn't get into it, so I sold off my 3DS and well, I decided to retry it and yeah, I think I'm pretty much hooked now (got a 2DS to replace my 3DS XL and I've been enjoying playing games on the 2DS much more, so that could be why as well)

Anyways, my friend code is 4055-5834-6797 if anyone of one want to add me (be sure to give me your friend code as well)!

quoting myself!

Holepunch

Added you Cheddaz.

I forgot about the garbage how friendcodes need to be registered on both sides. So I just went back two pages and registered everyone who posted and had a friendcode in their profile. So add me, don't add me, point is, I already got you.

Haven't posted in a while. I think I completed the catalog now (too lazy to double check for now), so only stuff left is cleaning up my town that's full of items and the 500 day tree.

eudaemonic, still looking for sloppy pieces? After months and months of not getting anything, there was a week where there were like 5 on Retail, and recently 2 more. I've never seen a cardboard item though...

Here's what I have:
sloppy sink
sloppy sofa
sloppy stereo
sloppy table

Haven't posted in a while. I think I completed the catalog now (too lazy to double check for now), so only stuff left is cleaning up my town that's full of items and the 500 day tree.

eudaemonic, still looking for sloppy pieces? After months and months of not getting anything, there was a week where there were like 5 on Retail, and recently 2 more. I've never seen a cardboard item though...

Here's what I have:
sloppy sink
sloppy sofa
sloppy stereo
sloppy table
It's been easy to let it slip by with everything going on lately. I was horrible over Christmas and the beginning of the year. Been better about popping in here this week though.

The sloppy sofa and the sloppy table I could use most definitely. That would leave me with only needing the chair and lamp. And yeah, cardboard stuff is worse on the rare factor from my experience. Every GREAT once in a while I come across a piece but it's like 4-1 compared with sloppy.

Let me know when would be a good time to pick up and if you want anything for them. I think I only have two cardboard beds atm from that set.

It's been easy to let it slip by with everything going on lately. I was horrible over Christmas and the beginning of the year. Been better about popping in here this week though.

The sloppy sofa and the sloppy table I could use most definitely. That would leave me with only needing the chair and lamp. And yeah, cardboard stuff is worse on the rare factor from my experience. Every GREAT once in a while I come across a piece but it's like 4-1 compared with sloppy.

Let me know when would be a good time to pick up and if you want anything for them. I think I only have two cardboard beds atm from that set.

I can do it now. I'll open in 5 mins.

I got all the cardboard pieces from trades, so don't need anything, but thanks for the offer.

EDIT: have to go for today, but I'll be here tomorrow around the same time!

I can do it now. I'll open in 5 mins.

I got all the cardboard pieces from trades, so don't need anything, but thanks for the offer.

EDIT: have to go for today, but I'll be here tomorrow around the same time!
Sorry about that. Got called away to do something. I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow night though around 9:30 again.

Dak'kon

Hey everyone. I ended up buying the Ambassador n3DS and I decided to keep it (or rather was told to by my partner :p). I have to say the super stable 3D really is stable and I've had loads of fun running around my village today with the 3D at max watching the snow fall whereas before I never had it on because of the constant ghosting/double image effect that kept on appearing. So if you're undecided I would definitely recommend it!

If you're around Niraj then I'd like to come over for bingo and I also have Katie AND need sigs if you or anyone else can help with that :)

Redd has a legit Amazing Painting for sale today.

Also does anyone want to trade a stack of perfect fruit with me (mine are cherries) for villager requests?

And bingo numbers are 5, 12 & 48

Niraj

Hey everyone. I ended up buying the Ambassador n3DS and I decided to keep it (or rather was told to by my partner :p). I have to say the super stable 3D really is stable and I've had loads of fun running around my village today with the 3D at max watching the snow fall whereas before I never had it on because of the constant ghosting/double image effect that kept on appearing. So if you're undecided I would definitely recommend it!

If you're around Niraj then I'd like to come over for bingo and I also have Katie AND need sigs if you or anyone else can help with that :)

Also does anyone want to trade a stack of perfect fruit with me (mine are cherries) for villager requests?

Yeah, I can't wait to pick up my n3DS :(

I'll open for you.

Prisoner

Can I come over for the painting and the numbers?

My numbers are 7, 13, 24.

3437-4270-1662

Dak'kon

Dak'kon! Somehow I forgot the painting.

Haha, that's OK, let me just get back on.

Edit: Forgot to say Peck the jock bird is in boxes if anyone wants him

HNI_0044_MPO_zpsbeaa655d.jpg

Hey Prisoner!

I have your stuff. Need to go afk but I'm opening my town so you can grab those items. Feel free to shop too if you want. Have a bunch of legit paintings in my ReTail as well.

Leaving now, thank you. Left you a useless present as thanks.

Love the way you've got your village set up.

Also, how do people get two homes in their village?

Elija2

Leaving now, thank you. Left you a useless present as thanks.

Love the way you've got your village set up.

Also, how do people get two homes in their village?

Thanks! I needed an extra net. :p

I just made a second character. They get their own house in this game. The only Animal Crossing game where everyone shared a home was Wild World.

Seems like you're all pretty well established here, sorry to intrude... but I need help.

My wife and I play this game together, I bought her a 3DS XL just for Animal Crossing because she was tired of playing in my town and not being mayor.

We earned a perfect town together before she started her own and for some reason, even though she's been playing it nearly a year she can't attain perfect status in her own town. Isabelle tells her nothing specific enough to help but she usually goes back and forth between "Needs more greenery" and "Needs more development" and "Riding the So-So rails".

We need advice! She's got tons of flowers and trees, we haven't done a count but it seems like it should be enough.

She pulls all her weeds every day. She has tons of public works projects BUT I've heard that some of them actually negate your town's status rather than boosting it. Is this true, and does anyone have a definitive list of which projects have which effect on the town?

We can't find hard evidence on any of the fan sites. I don't remember all of her public works off the top of my head but here's what I can think of :

A Cube sculpture of some kind, it's black and rotates on a pedestal.
A Gold Pyramid
A traffic sign, I think it's "Keep Out" or something...
The Fence
A Lamp Post
A Bench (or two?)
The Coffee Shop
Some kind of box on 4 legs, it's got shutters on every side and I feel like it's name has something to do with the weather or a musical instrument... this is no help at all, is it?

So... basically, is there a list somewhere of all the public works and how they effect your town's status, and/or do you have any advice on getting a perfect town? I've heard balance between greenery and public works is important too, any hard numbers on that? She's done everything that I have and for some reason I have perfect and she doesn't...

Niraj

Seems like you're all pretty well established here, sorry to intrude... but I need help.

My wife and I play this game together, I bought her a 3DS XL just for Animal Crossing because she was tired of playing in my town and not being mayor.

We earned a perfect town together before she started her own and for some reason, even though she's been playing it nearly a year she can't attain perfect status in her own town. Isabelle tells her nothing specific enough to help but she usually goes back and forth between "Needs more greenery" and "Needs more development" and "Riding the So-So rails".

We need advice! She's got tons of flowers and trees, we haven't done a count but it seems like it should be enough.

She pulls all her weeds every day. She has tons of public works projects BUT I've heard that some of them actually negate your town's status rather than boosting it. Is this true, and does anyone have a definitive list of which projects have which effect on the town?

We can't find hard evidence on any of the fan sites. I don't remember all of her public works off the top of my head but here's what I can think of :

A Cube sculpture of some kind, it's black and rotates on a pedestal.
A Gold Pyramid
A traffic sign, I think it's "Keep Out" or something...
The Fence
A Lamp Post
A Bench (or two?)
The Coffee Shop
Some kind of box on 4 legs, it's got shutters on every side and I feel like it's name has something to do with the weather or a musical instrument... this is no help at all, is it?

So... basically, is there a list somewhere of all the public works and how they effect your town's status, and/or do you have any advice on getting a perfect town? I've heard balance between greenery and public works is important too, any hard numbers on that? She's done everything that I have and for some reason I have perfect and she doesn't...

Found this post on GameFAQs, seems about right:

" You will need at least 10 projects in your town to achieve the perfect town status, not counting projects in the Main Street or Town Hall/Station upgrades."

Also, keep in mind these factors when choosing your pwp's:

Cleanliness

less than 10 weeds
less than 10 items on the ground (not counting sea shells, fruit, mushrooms, flowers, buried fossils, buried gyroids, buried Pitfall Seeds)
no garbage (Empty Can, Boot, Old Tire, Spoiled Turnips)
no Rafflesia

Abundant Nature

Trees between 110 and 200
Flowers over 50
High Nature Points from Public Works Projects
Good: Flower Clock, Flower Bed, Flower Arch, Wisteria Pergola, Straw Fence, topiaries, Solar Panels, Wind Power Generator, Windmill
Bad: Garbage Can, Jumbo Monitor, Oil Excavator, Tire Play Equipment, Picnic Sheet, Traffic Light, illumination items, Tower

Abundant Living

High Living Points from Public Works Projects
Best: Campground
Good: bridges, benches, outside lights, Garden Chair, Hot Spring, Fire Hydrant, Stadium Lights, Solar Panels, Lighthouse
OK: almost everything else including Water Well, Fountain, clocks, Signboard, Face Board, signs, art, monuments, etc.
Bad: Garbage Can

For more specific information try Liquefy's FAQ under section 63 "Citizen Satisfaction." He has a list of what public works projects have a beneficial effect and which have a negative effect.

Found this post on GameFAQs, seems about right:

Thank you, I honestly appreciate it, but that's a post I've seen and it's exactly the kind of ambiguous-ness that is causing us trouble. So it says that the "Garbage Can, Jumbo Monitor, Oil Excavator, Tire Play Equipment, Picnic Sheet, Traffic Light, illumination items, Tower" are all negative items, but are those the only bad items?

How are "Illumination items" bad for one category but good in another category? What's a "tower"? Does the lighthouse count as an illumination item? What does "bad" even mean, does it take away 1 point from that category? 100? How many points are needed in each category? Are there even "points" at all or is it a certain number of public works needed in each category?

Her town fits all the specific criteria listed, it's just the ambiguous stuff that is apparently causing trouble and I can't find any answers anywhere...

EDIT : Ah, you edited your post with more info after I replied, thanks! I'll look at that right now!

Niraj

Thank you, I honestly appreciate it, but that's a post I've seen and it's exactly the kind of ambiguous-ness that is causing us trouble. So it says that the "Garbage Can, Jumbo Monitor, Oil Excavator, Tire Play Equipment, Picnic Sheet, Traffic Light, illumination items, Tower" are all negative items, but are those the only bad items?

How are "Illumination items" bad for one category but good in another category? What's a "tower"? Does the lighthouse count as an illumination item? What does "bad" even mean, does it take away 1 point from that category? 100? How many points are needed in each category? Are there even "points" at all or is it a certain number of public works needed in each category?

Her town fits all the specific criteria listed, it's just the ambiguous stuff that is apparently causing trouble and I can't find any answers anywhere...

EDIT : Ah, you edited your post with more info after I replied, thanks! I'll look at that right now!

These are the illumination items:

Illuminated_Heart_Public_Works_Project.png
Illum_edited-12.png
HNI_0051.png

and this is the tower:
PWP-Tower.png

The problem is (as I'm sure you noticed), nobody knows the exact quantities needed, just a general idea. It's easiest to just avoid the negative ones, but if you want to have them you can compensate for some of them by building more positive ones. There isn't any overlap between good ones in one category and bad ones in another though, so that's why it's easiest to just avoid the bad ones.

These are the illumination items:

Illuminated_Heart_Public_Works_Project.png
Illum_edited-12.png
HNI_0051.png

and this is the tower:
PWP-Tower.png

The problem is (as I'm sure you noticed), nobody knows the exact quantities needed, just a general idea. It's easiest to just avoid the negative ones, but if you want to have them you can compensate for some of them by building more positive ones. There isn't any overlap between good ones in one category and bad ones in another though, so that's why it's easiest to just avoid the bad ones.

Just knowing that Illumination Items refers to those three projects and not all items that illuminate is a huge help. Will study the FAQ you linked as well, thanks again, honestly!

Top Bottom