• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

HF2014

*thinks "how bad could the price be?"*

*looks up on Amazon and then Fetchbook*

Holy crap! Anywhere between $45 and $200? DaFuq?!

Okay, so online isn't the way to go apparently. If I happen to spot an extra copy in the wild for cheap, I'll pick it up for you.

Yop its crazy, for a god damn hintbbok!

Well thanks let me know if you find one!

Zing

Banned
Hey i want to buy the prima guide for animal crossing, but it seem sold out anywhere, and prices on ebay are just insane. Is there a place i can buy it? I live in canada, montreal. Let me know if you are aware of a way to get it at decent price. Its available on the app store to buy, but i want the book in paper.
I bought four copies from chapters/indigo in store last year. There are probably still copies in store somewhere.

I resold the extras but kept two for my girlfriend and I.

HF2014

I bought four copies from chapters/indigo in store last year. There are probably still copies in store somewhere.

Hey thanks for the head up, i will take a look at chapters, didnt think about that.

Zing

Banned
The problem is that it isn't on the website anymore, and store employees seem to just use that to check stock.

When I bought mine, two local stores each had two copies. One store had one revision of the book, and the other had a different printing. The one I kept has a few photo errors, but the names seem to be accurate. The other one had correct photos of the items, but many names were incorrect. I chose to have correct names with a few incorrect pictures.

The problem is that it isn't on the website anymore, and store employees seem to just use that to check stock.

When I bought mine, two local stores each had two copies. One store had one revision of the book, and the other had a different printing. The one I kept has a few photo errors, but the names seem to be accurate. The other one had correct photos of the items, but many names were incorrect. I chose to have correct names with a few incorrect pictures.
That's kinda funny. It's like two people were asked to correct it and never coordinated with each other.

JTDKhpp.gif

Oh, hey, look at the date. :D Happy birthday, Niraj!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So yesterday I wanted to check out my GC AC file just for fun...and I forgot lol. So I changed the time today to yesterday and checked it out. I was very surprised to see many villagers I had had were still around, and there weren't any new ones. I had a few letters from villagers that moved who I don't remember having (Anicotti [had to look this one up], Midge). There were a few villagers who were still around who I didn't remember at all, but did once I saw them. Took some pics (of the TV, sorry if they're crappy. Be careful if you click them since I'm pretty sure they're all MASSIVE):

One of my favorites, Jeremiah, greeted me with a gift. It was the NES Donkey Kong, so not a bad choice. Also had letters from Liz and Grizzly I think.

I never really liked this guy. He was kind of a dick.

I guess one of my friends had the same idea back then.

snooooof

Peanut was one I really liked too. I think she's still pretty popular these days. The peppy ones seemed the angriest that I had been gone so long.

She was a snooty, but she was always really nice. I liked her. She has the honor of being the only horse who wasn't brought back for New Leaf though lol

I didn't remember having him, but then I saw those bloodshot eyes and remembered quickly enough. I have a feeling that he doesn't have that feature these days, but I don't really know.

Everyone loves this guy. I used to have Punchy too, but a friend who visited back in the day stole him. I still bring it up sometimes.

Another guy who hasn't been seen since this game. He's a cranky. I had forgotten he existed, but I do remember liking him.

Liz is another one who hasn't been seen since this game. I seem to have had a surprising amount of those.

Ugh, she's the worst. Funnily enough, while everyone else mentioned I had been gone for 136 months, Jane said I was gone for 141. That should say it all. She's another one who hasn't been back since this game. Snooty.

She's still around these days too. Actually, having just looked it up, she's the only koala who has been in every game.

This guy was one of my starters, and I believe the only one still left. When I decided to talk to him, he said that he was thinking about moving. I couldn't have that, so I told him to stay put. He was one of my favorites, so I was glad he remained loyal for all these years.

Good luck with that.

Not pictured: Bertha and Biff, two hippos (normal and jock respectively) who were just reintroduced in New Leaf. I couldn't find Bertha, but I forgot to go back and take a picture of Biff. It was kind of fun exploring everything even though there were weeds everywhere lol. The music is still pretty great, and the run speed is pretty nice too (also I'm sure it was nice being able to run without worrying about your grass disappearing -_-). I had also forgotten that when you spoke to villagers, there were options for helping them or just talking to them. I kind of like that. That game still has this kind of indescribable charm to it that you forget about until you play it. Anyone else ever check theirs out?

Whoa, I have a tag :eek:

Elija2

Damn, Grizzly is kinda scary in the original. He definitely doesn't have blood-shot eyes in New Leaf.

I'm kinda scared to go back to my Wild World town. I bet my brother messed it all up and scared away my favourite villagers. I'd rather keep it as a virtual time capsule for a while longer.

Bob! Nice post, Niraj, and you got a tag now too! I still play my original GC save file every summer and it is always fun. Wild World though would be a trip to go back and visit. Haven't played that one in a long time. Maybe I should pay a visit soon.

Zing

Banned
It would be interesting to play the first game now. I owned it and tried it several times many years ago. I had never played an Animal Crossing game. It didn't make any sense to me. I didn't see the point. I'd get a few days in and quit. I did that at least three times.

Even with New Leaf, I didn't get it at first. I quit after a month. It seemed pointless. I gave it another try a few months later and really enjoyed it. I've been playing ever since.

Niraj

Damn, Grizzly is kinda scary in the original. He definitely doesn't have blood-shot eyes in New Leaf.

I'm kinda scared to go back to my Wild World town. I bet my brother messed it all up and scared away my favourite villagers. I'd rather keep it as a virtual time capsule for a while longer.

lol I didn't think he did, but wasn't sure. It surprised me too.

And yeah, fair enough. I would've been disappointed if Axel at least wasn't still around.

Bob! Nice post, Niraj, and you got a tag now too! I still play my original GC save file every summer and it is always fun. Wild World though would be a trip to go back and visit. Haven't played that one in a long time. Maybe I should pay a visit soon.

Oh that's cool. Same villagers still around? I never played Wild World or City Folk. I wanted to grab Wild World back in the day, but just never got around to it, since there were so many DS games occupying my time back then.

It would be interesting to play the first game now. I owned it and tried it several times many years ago. I had never played an Animal Crossing game. It didn't make any sense to me. I didn't see the point. I'd get a few days in and quit. I did that at least three times.

Even with New Leaf, I didn't get it at first. I quit after a month. It seemed pointless. I gave it another try a few months later and really enjoyed it. I've been playing ever since.

I have a feeling you'd get annoyed by it. There are a lot of anachronisms that are kind of irritating, like your paltry inventory space, and the lack of quick equipping. I found myself pressing the d-pad to try to put my net away and other things like that. It definitely has a different feel to it overall when you're playing it. I think part of it is that the town doesn't have that rounded sensation that New Leaf does. It's just all there. Might be worth keeping an open mind and trying it again, but just also keeping in mind that it's a much older game than New Leaf.

Niraj

How did you get your tag? ^_^

Probably too late for anyone but Lopez is in boxes right now. :/

By shooting people of course.

It's a quote from the main character of one of my favorite shows, Justified. I post a lot in the OTs and Cornballer was responsible for giving it to me. I think part of it is because of helping out with posting articles and the like when he's not around. It was really nice of him, I like it a lot. Much better than getting branded with something you hate/painting you out as an idiot :p

gretos

Neo Member
I felt bad when I let Mira, Ruby and Marshal go without adoption specially when they seem popular so I'm posting here to see if anyone is interested in Maple. She's in the boxes and ready to go but I'll be online after 5 hrs.

Yuka!
I had her back then, but didn't manage to see her this time around.

When I started New Leaf I kept thinking about how much better the dialogue was in the older versions. I wonder if this is actually true...?

Niraj

Yuka!
I had her back then, but didn't manage to see her this time around.

When I started New Leaf I kept thinking about how much better the dialogue was in the older versions. I wonder if this is actually true...?

I think the personalities are definitely more distinct. The cranky and snooty villagers could actually be mean, and here they're just kind of mildly grumpy lol. For example, when I talked to Grizzly and Boris, when I told them I didn't want anything from them, they told me to stop wasting their time.

Have a basic painting at Redd's today if anyone needs it.

cress2000

I felt bad when I let Mira, Ruby and Marshal go without adoption specially when they seem popular so I'm posting here to see if anyone is interested in Maple. She's in the boxes and ready to go but I'll be online after 5 hrs.

I'd gladly take her if I didn't already get Poppy the other day. :\

Oh that's cool. Same villagers still around? I never played Wild World or City Folk. I wanted to grab Wild World back in the day, but just never got around to it, since there were so many DS games occupying my time back then.
If memory serves, I believe so. I think two left. Which ones I have though, I can't remember but I will find out in a few months so I have that to look forward to.

Edit: oops misunderstood either way she's still up for adoption
I have a free spot with Lopez moving but I think I want to random roll on who my next villager is. I've been happily surprised my last two times. Avery and Celia. Which is odd I got two eagles in a row but kinda fun too. Thanks for offering though!

HF2014

Hey i want to thank you very much!! I finally got one at one of their store not too far from where i live. Many thanks!! :)

went to McDonald's to try to get the ogre's wig and for some reason, Pelly won't give me the item. Even after I did an update on the game, she still wouldn't give me the item. Any reason why I couldn't get the item?

Niraj

went to McDonald's to try to get the ogre's wig and for some reason, Pelly won't give me the item. Even after I did an update on the game, she still wouldn't give me the item. Any reason why I couldn't get the item?

People seem to be having issues with McDonald's and Best Buy for some reason. Try Home Depot if you have one nearby.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Funny how the Island Tours melody got two arrangements in Smash. I bet our resident Island Tourer, Niraj, was happy to hear his favourite tune again.

Zing

Banned
I'm sure no one needs this, but Redd has a Flowery Painting for sale today. If anyone wants to come buy, let me know.

I bought 3750 turnips this week, the most ever for me. Hoping for a good price. :)

I'm sure no one needs this, but Redd has a Flowery Painting for sale today. If anyone wants to come buy, let me know.

I bought 3750 turnips this week, the most ever for me. Hoping for a good price. :)
I'll keep an eye out on mine if anything good pops up. :)

Niraj

Heya! Total newbie here. Just bought a N3DS a couple weeks back and this was the game that pushed me over, because I faintly recalled having a blast with Wild World. It'll be cool if I can add some of you people (and make a killing off my perfect fruits). Thanks!

FC: 0533-7348-8231

Zing

Banned
I don't suppose anyone has Cabana furniture they would be willing to sell? I've been island hopping and found none. I have a few pieces already but looking to fill it out.

Top Bottom