• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Zing

Banned
Thanks. I have the bed, bookcase, and lamp already. It would be replacing my backyard.

Hmm, turnip price of 190 for the next 45 minutes. I'd almost double my money. So tempting to sell.

Stalk Wizard tells me to hold for a spike tonight. I'll take a risk.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seems to be the most requested game in "What Nintendo IPs would you like to see on mobile?" thread.
From people who probably never play the game. Imagine drawing pixel perfect designs with a finger touch screen. Yuck, how horrible.

Robin64

From people who probably never play the game. Imagine drawing pixel perfect designs with a finger touch screen. Yuck, how horrible.

Pretty much. Half of those same people also think it would be F2P with furniture for purchase with real money. I feel sick thinking about it. Luckily we know that won't happen.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Pretty much. Half of those same people also think it would be F2P with furniture for purchase with real money. I feel sick thinking about it. Luckily we know that won't happen.

Yeah, no thanks.

By the way, any Europeans get the most recent Nintendo Zone item? Haven't heard what it is yet.

Robin64

Yeah, no thanks.

By the way, any Europeans get the most recent Nintendo Zone item? Haven't heard what it is yet.

I did try when I heard that the new US one was out, but I got a "Nice try, mister!" from it. I'll try again in a bit.

Robin64

What were the Nintendo zone items again? The ones I can get at the post office trough home wifi?

Your home wifi and Nintendo Zones get different items. For example, in Feb, at home you would get an aurora screen but at a Nintendo Zone you'd have gotten a sushi counter. (Possibly, I forget the specifics, but they are different)

Niraj

I did try when I heard that the new US one was out, but I got a "Nice try, mister!" from it. I'll try again in a bit.

Cool, hopefully it works for you this time.

Your home wifi and Nintendo Zones get different items. For example, in Feb, at home you would get an aurora screen but at a Nintendo Zone you'd have gotten a sushi counter. (Possibly, I forget the specifics, but they are different)

Yeah, that's basically it. Sadly the AC wikia page for the European content hasn't really been updated regularly, or that well. The North American one is up to date aside from the most recent one.

Also, Zing, I got you a cabana armchair. I still have a ton of medals so I checked a few islands for you (and was inexplicably called a troll for some reason at one ?_?). Let me know when you want to grab it.

Zing

Banned
Thanks. Every island I went to had mermaid stuff instead.

Current turnip prices are 421 bells.

The stalk market wizard was right! I'll be around most of the day if anyone wants to come sell.

I'm also looking for sapphires to refurbish blue furniture if anyone has spares. Oh, and some blue furniture as well. :D

(Ideas for tips if you come sell)

Linius

I have the cabana wardrobe on my island but I'm 18 medals short. Guess I'll have to do some island games then.

EDIT

Okay, got it! Tuna tour got me 14 medals. Damn shame I did the ancient fishing tour first which only netted me 6 medals.

EDIT 2

So, I now know I'm missing the Ancient Statue for my museum guys. So if anyone got it let me know. I got a beautiful Cabana Wardrobe to trade for it
p1kx90C.png

EDIT 3

P0vkHfc.jpg

4TfeeGW.png
4TfeeGW.png

Also, can anyone let me in for some signatures? Kabuki demands them.

Linius

E3qb.jpg
F3qb.jpg

Finally the last animal I had to catch. Tough one too. And next saturday is the fishing tourney so I can finally pick up my golden rod because I caught the final fish last week.

G3qb.jpg

Cheers for Groucho's pic Zing. I gave him a place in my Western styled pics room museum.

So the final piece to complete my museum is the Ancient Statue.

Robin64

Gawd fucking dammit, this photo frame is so useless. Where's my 7-Eleven stuff, who fucked up the relays? I hate this game.

Zing

Banned
Niraj, I can visit your town anytime for the next couple hours.

Wow, you can get Spider Crabs this month? It's one of the three things I am missing. Guess I'll go diving today. Is there a best time of day?

Niraj

Wow, you can get Spider Crabs this month? It's one of the three things I am missing. Guess I'll go diving today. Is there a best time of day?

Ok I'll open up in a sec.

Linius

It's out there whole day. I caught it in the evening but I can't tell if it's easier to find during the day or at night.

Zing

Banned
Found a Spider Crab. Now I just need King Salmon and one other thing that doesn't appear until later in the year.

psylah

After over a year and a half, my waifu Pekoe left my village. I usually checked in on my town twice a week, but I guess I missed her latest move-warning.

No reason to play NL anymore. I am heartbroken.

After over a year and a half, my waifu Pekoe left my village. I usually checked in on my town twice a week, but I guess I missed her latest move-warning.

No reason to play NL anymore. I am heartbroken.
It's amazing how that affects you.

I've toned down playing a lot lately and I've only logged in to check on my favorites I don't want to leave. A couple of them would also break my heart if they disappeared.

Zing

Banned
I think Hans is my only original remaining. I rarely tell villagers to stay if they want to leave. I enjoy seeing who will show up.

Bulbasaur

Banned
So in the 2 SD cards and like 5 transfer attempts it took to move everything to my new 3DS it's seems I've corrupted my New Leaf file (244:49 hours) and it prompted me to start a new save... That really hurts. Like really fucking hurts. The amount of time and creativity I invested! I don't think I can do it all again.

Niraj

So in the 2 SD cards and like 5 transfer attempts it took to move everything to my new 3DS it's seems I've corrupted my New Leaf file (244:49 hours) and it prompted me to start a new save... That really hurts. Like really fucking hurts. The amount of time and creativity I invested! I don't think I can do it all again.

Oh man :( so sorry to hear that. I would be devastated too.

Zing

Banned
Do you not have the original data? It should still be on the SD card. Just format your microSD and copy the data from the old to the new again.

Elija2

Oh, sorry, I didn't see this until now and now perfect cherries are no longer premium.

Man, that really fucking sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I don't blame you for being upset. :( I'm sorry you lost all the work you put into your town.

There's really no excuse for not having a proper backup system for this game. Hopefully with whatever account ideas they have, that will be included. I understand their reluctance but between Powersaves, duping, glitching, and the new browser exploit hacks, AC continues to be wide open.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Thank you all for your commiserations.

Do you not have the original data? It should still be on the SD card. Just format your microSD and copy the data from the old to the new again.

Can I do that? I still have my old SD's data save on my Mac. If I wipe my new card again and copy it over wouldn't the same thing happen again? Plus I'd lose the 50+ hours I've put into the new Monster Hunter...

If only individual save data was actually readable on the SD I guess I could move it across but they're all unnamed files and impossible to tell apart.

Linius

If you still have your back-up data you should be able to get your save back. I've transferred data twice (OG -> XL -> N3DS XL) and never lost a thing. Just make sure to follow Ninty's steps on their website.

Zing

Banned
The problem is that he has played 50 hours of Monster Hunter (I assume the digital copy) since doing the transfer. He would lose that progress. Otherwise, yes, he should be able to simply reformat and copy the data again.

I think New Leaf has extra protection in its save file. If you boot the game at some point either without your save or with a save from a different time, it sets a flag to ignore your old save. Maybe this is what happened.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Honestly I'm actually ok with losing the monster hunter progress.

This weekend I'll create a backup of my current cards contents and then try to reinstate the old. If it's still corrupted I'll just revert back to the new again.

cress2000

Anyone have a hamster cage I can buy or catalog asap? I've been trying to farm campers for hours with no luck, and am about to tear my hair out. I really want one to give to my best friend for her birthday today. She loves hamsters.

Thanks!!

Niraj

Anyone have a hamster cage I can buy or catalog asap? I've been trying to farm campers for hours with no luck, and am about to tear my hair out. I really want one to give to my best friend for her birthday today. She loves hamsters.

Thanks!!

I'll order one. It'll be here in 24 min.

Also have a flowery painting if anyone needs it.

Top Bottom