• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Linius

Finished up the April Fools festivities for another year, and I've got a bunch of villager pics to give away if anyone wants them:

Genji's pic
Tia's pic x2
Grizzly's pic
Static's pic
Goldie's pic
Blanche's pic x2
Wolfgang's pic x2
Apple's pic
Hans' pic
Deirdre's pic
Rosie's pic
Bob's pic
Curly's pic

I'd love Apple's pic, much like Flurry she also left me hanging.

Animal Crossing MK8 stuff looks great. I'm gonna have to get a Wii U at some point I'm afraid. Also those wooly Yoshi Amiibo's, so cute.

Still catching up on the Direct (was at midnight here) so time to look into that new Animal Crossing game and what those cards are all about.

EDIT

I wonder if Amiibo cards rule out the possibility of getting Amiibo figurines from AC villagers as well. I'd love to buy some of my favourite villagers as Amiibo's. Not really sure what to think of the new game yet but I'll probably buy it anyways.

Aizo

Banned
I played a lot of New Leaf when it came out, but lost interest after about a month. If I go back now, will my town be no fun? Will nobody live there?

Zing

Banned
I played a lot of New Leaf when it came out, but lost interest after about a month. If I go back now, will my town be no fun? Will nobody live there?
Not if your experience matches mine. I had one person move out, and a bunch of weeds. I had completely quit playing for about four months.

Velcro Fly

I forget exactly, one of McDonald's/Best Buy/Home Depot.

Yeah it was definitely Home Depot or Best Buy. I couldn't get McDonald's to work for me for a while so I just quit trying there.

I should clear out my streetpass housing and go on the hunt for another streetpass from you so I can have your house >:D

I've thought about coming back to this game many times but I just can't do it. My favorite villagers moving without telling me still rubs me the wrong way so hard.

I have high hopes for the amiibo card game thing though.

Robin64

I would say it's likely that the Animal Crossing cards will comes in blind-pack. 5 in a foil wrapper, who knows what you'll get! I hope I'm guessing incorrectly.

Though we know there are at least 95 cards already...

Redhood

So I stopped playing it and want to get back into the game. My major issue is its realtime clock. Can I set my 3ds time to wrong time in order to make the day in game as when IRL its night? I mostly play at night and the stores are always closed. Also the way things are this game required to be played all throughout the day.

Robin64

So I stopped playing it and want to get back into the game. My major issue is its realtime clock. Can I set my 3ds time to wrong time in order to make the day in game as when IRL its night? I mostly play at night and the stores are always closed. Also the way things are this game required to be played all throughout the day.

You could do that, but you could also enact the Nightlife Town ordinance which makes shops and villagers active until really late.

BokehKing

Banned
Guys, now that we are getting I we got to figure out how to get me more involved, do I visit your villages and water flowers? How does this work. ,

Dr. Buni

Downloading this wonderful game again. I sold mine last year with my first 3DS, but I got the game again thanks to Club Nintendo.
Everyone's so happy to be racing!

mk8_253425_by_mcmemie-d8o12cw.gif
So beautiful. I am glad the girl Village is playable as well.

Zing

Banned
Also the way things are this game required to be played all throughout the day.
I haven't found this to be true at all. Unless you are desperate to sell turnips (to check the price change at noon), playing more than once a day doesn't result in anything being missed.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Kart 8 AC music

Course trailer

Looks great :)

Guys, now that we are getting I we got to figure out how to get me more involved, do I visit your villages and water flowers? How does this work. ,

People usually just wander around, chat up the villagers, explore house(s), check the shops, so on. Back in the day we used to do the mini games on the island as well. Not too much watering I guess.

Downloading this wonderful game again. I sold mine last year with my first 3DS, but I got the game again thanks to Club Nintendo.

So beautiful. I am glad the girl Village is playable as well.

Welcome back then :)

Man, villagers are pinging me that Papi wants to leave but I can't get him to fess up. :(

Managed to get my pics yesterday though. I did the save before I went in the house and reset if I got it wrong. Only needed to do that three times. Not too bad.

Now to prepare for Ness amiibo...

I sold my physical copy after a few months of play, but I just got a digital copy from Club Nintendo.

I look forward to enjoying this game again as soon as my new neighbors wake up and Re-Tail opens. I was lucky enough to start out with Apollo living in my town.

Niraj

Man, villagers are pinging me that Papi wants to leave but I can't get him to fess up. :(

Managed to get my pics yesterday though. I did the save before I went in the house and reset if I got it wrong. Only needed to do that three times. Not too bad.

Now to prepare for Ness amiibo...

Save and quit, then start again and go right to him.

I sold my physical copy after a few months of play, but I just got a digital copy from Club Nintendo.

I look forward to enjoying this game again as soon as my new neighbors wake up and Re-Tail opens. I was lucky enough to start out with Apollo living in my town.

Welcome back then :) make sure you (and everyone else new/starting again really) let us know if you need help with anything.

Linius

Just noticed that Nintendo opened a website where you can vote for a character to be part of the Smash series and why. Think I'm gonna send in Kabuki, he'd kick some serious karate ass.

I searched the thread for banned and didn't find anything but here is a dump of the banned words in the game. Nothing too surprising, a few very modern things (chatroulette). I suppose badword being banned is quite meta. I don't get ワルモシ though, I mean you can you even type that? It could be a typo of something else given google is no help.

Robin64

The current Nintendo Zone item in Europe, then, is...

CHERRY-BLOSSOM CLOCK

Fuck, what a waste of time that was.

Azuran

Banned
I want to get the digital version on CN even thought I already have it on cartridge since it would be a lot more convenient in the long run. However, I know I would quickly regret not getting one of the games I don't already own.

Decisions decisions.

Niraj

I want to get the digital version on CN even thought I already have it on cartridge since it would be a lot more convenient in the long run. However, I know I would quickly regret not getting one of the games I don't already own.

Decisions decisions.

What are your other options?

Azuran

Banned
What are your other options?

Mario Golf and NES Remix 2 which don't interest me at all. New Leaf seriously looks like the best choice. I don't really mind double dipping especially if it's free.

New Super Mario Bros 2. could have been the other and obvious choice for me if I hadn't spent 600 of my coins on it a month ago. Nintendo trolled me hard D:

Niraj

Mario Golf and NES Remix 2 which don't interest me at all. New Leaf seriously looks like the best choice. I don't really mind double dipping especially if it's free.

New Super Mario Bros 2. could have been the other and obvious choice for me if I hadn't spent 600 of my coins on it a month ago. Nintendo trolled me hard D:

NSMB2 is $15 at Target this week in-store if that helps at all.

Whoa. Did you guys see this? Just spotted it this morning.

(sorry the pic is kinda crappy)

Won't lie, I loved harassing him last year. Most depressing NPC. :p

lol yeah, it just went up yesterday, forgot to say something about it :( I love the depressed sigh he lets out once you're out of sight.

Linius

Anyone around so to let me in and collect some signatures quickly?

Also, Henry has been sending me letters like crazy lately. I think the one from this morning was the fourth in barely two weeks. And they are always so odd. Usually about his dreams or weird stuff he's been seeing. He's a cute frog and all, but these letters
CZooEXr.png

LqbXDHh.jpg

Stuff like this

Niraj

Anyone around so to let me in and collect some signatures quickly?

Also, Henry has been sending me letters like crazy lately. I think the one from this morning was the fourth in barely two weeks. And they are always so odd. Usually about his dreams or weird stuff he's been seeing. He's a cute frog and all, but these letters
CZooEXr.png

Stuff like this

lol I get those from Jacques and Lionel too. Ones about how picking furniture for me is like starting a new life together, and the one where they dream about water cascading down my head. It's like cool, thanks guys lol

Linius

lol I get those from Jacques and Lionel too. Ones about how picking furniture for me is like starting a new life together, and the one where they dream about water cascading down my head. It's like cool, thanks guys lol

Some of these guys have deep emotions

Sure, I'm open.

Thanks man! I got a grapefruit table for my trouble lol

I managed to get four pings today for helping villagers. For the golden badge I need 300 ultimately and I have no idea how far away I am. That's something every future AC game really needs. A current stat thing for all those medals. It's annoying that you're completely in the dark unless you keep count.

Dr. Buni

I started my new file yesterday, how I missed this game. Also thank god Peewee isn't one of my villagers this time.

Niraj

Have a graceful painting at Redd's today if anyone would like it. If you're new/starting again, I'm happy to buy it for you if you'd like to save your bells. I also have a valiant statue that I bought last week and forgot about that anyone is welcome to have. Also still have villager pictures if anyone wants to take them off my hands (Flurry, Lionel, Drago, Soleil, Ankha, Carmen, Muffy, Groucho, Jacques, Tammi, as well as an extra Blanca pic).

Linius

I haven't seen Redd here in a week now. I've had Pete mostly. Saharah and the fortune teller both one time. And I don't imagine Redd is carrying a legit Ancient Statue just for me once he shows up :p

Are there still some active boards outside Neogaf where I can look for a trade maybe?

Top Bottom