• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Robin64

I will say, though, that Happy Home Academy looked a lot meatier than initially shown. Looking forward to that one.

Choomp

Banned
I will say, though, that Happy Home Academy looked a lot meatier than initially shown. Looking forward to that one.

This is true. It did look like you had some sort of town going on, whether it's just all contributing to the house designing aspect or not

Robin64

CHozyoqXAAIO3OL.png:large

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nice. Isabelle is wearing her winter outfit meaning I have the nendo for summer rep and that for winter rep.

Velcro Fly

hundreds of character cards? so all of them?

holy fuck time to buy a box and pull like 12 hopper cards and trade none of them

also might start playing New Leaf again because damn I'm hyped

Robin64

The special character cards seem to have "dots" on in the artwork, but I bet in real life that translates to being a nice shiny embossed card.

Gonna have to get a folder.

...I hope they sell an official folder.

Velcro Fly

The special character cards seem to have "dots" on in the artwork, but I bet in real life that translates to being a nice shiny embossed card.

Gonna have to get a folder.

...I hope they sell an official folder.

yeah i hope they fit in those sleeves that hold 9 cards

i know i have a fuck load of those from when I was a kid collecting baseball and basketball cards

and a binder but I'd totally buy an AC themed binder to hold them all

Elija2

My heart shattered when the camera panned down to the board game spaces. And maybe it's just me but the game doesn't look as good as the Mario Kart 8 track or even the Animal Crossing Plaza.

Yeah, I think it's cool that you can design someone's yard and different buildings other than houses. Hopefully some of that stuff makes it into the next main Animal Crossing game...whenever that comes out.

tiijj

My heart shattered when the camera panned down to the board game spaces. And maybe it's just me but the game doesn't look as good as the Mario Kart 8 track or even the Animal Crossing Plaza.

Yeah lol

I'm hoping that they will use this (the resources that they created for this game) as an opportunity to create a new ac game (a full one). I was thinking that it might just be a preview of things to come (I'm being optimistic about it).

Velcro Fly

Yeah like how big can this be? How many villagers in your town can you have? I know how to pick furniture and put it in a room, but what are the specifics of this?

I'd almost wish this was an expansion of New Leaf where you could have your town and then work in another town to do this stuff instead of keeping them separate.

I will definitely buy the cards and amiibo but I need to know more specifics about the game.

Letep

Seeing Happy Home Designer (which looks so good) I think I'm going to boot up New Leaf. It's been a while. I miss the charm.

Velcro Fly

I'm so terrified of my favorites being gone

But then with Happy Home Designer I can get their card and make their house anyway

They are like selling me DLC to fix their annoying and shitty game design :(

piggychan

Just been watching the E3 vids on Nintendo's Store via wii U

AC Happy Home Designer October - 2nd 2015!

I am sold!! Hopefully see you guys on there

Velcro Fly

Between September 25 and October 13 there are FOUR 3DS games releasing that I want

- Happy Home Designer on September 25
- Chibi Robo on October 9
- Rodea delayed to October 13
- Legend of Legacy is up on GameStop with a release date of October 13

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Welcome back by the way.
Thanks. Nice to finally be able to post again, though having a break was actually a good thing to have ha ha ha.

Home Designer when they showed it was also a town (or plot) designer went up in my interest stakes. Though I'm guessing the items you can use are limited so you can't just build your dream town otherwise it would kind of kill part of the reason to get a full AC game.

Will wait and see.

The art for it is pretty nice if you do to the press site.

ngower

I really hate the Wii U board game and I do not want to support Nintendo's decision, but god damnit I want those amiibo.

tiijj

I really hate the Wii U board game and I do not want to support Nintendo's decision, but god damnit I want those amiibo.

I agree the amiibo looks great. I don't mind an updated AC NL with amiibo support (Here's hoping).

Also while looking at the cards:

The top left shows SP or an animal logo: We get 5 villagers (animal logo) and a special character (SP logo).
The one below that is a dice which is for the AC Festival
The one on the upper right, below the card number looks like rock, paper, and scissor's. I wonder what that means or what it's for.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But it goes to show how strong the brand is now. Only few Nintendo brands get spinoffs, especially getting one already covered by the mighty Mario.

Linius

Okay, I'm on board with Happy Home Designer since it goes much beyond just designing houses. So I guess that also means I'm gonna collect cards. I'm so sorry dear wallet.

Choomp

Banned
But it goes to show how strong the brand is now. Only few Nintendo brands get spinoffs, especially getting one already covered by the mighty Mario.

That's why I really thought we'd see a new core AC game, complete with amiibo integration and all these other features they've introduced in these new games.

I don't know, amiibo has kind of ticked me off now, I have a fairly modest collection, I like the concept and I really like collecting figures, but if Nintendo's going to cop out and make money off of that stuff rather than going with a true AC game, then I'm not really in favor of the idea anymore

SoulUnison

Banned
Man, Happy Home Creator letting you design exteriors as well as *define housing plot locations in town* feels like a giant middle finger from Nintendo after all the little ways they screwed up New Leaf.

"Congrats, you're the mayor! You have more control over the town than ever! ...Except that you actually have less in a lot of ways! Way to go breeding your first Blue Rose - oops! A new villager moved in and deleted your flower garden: FUCK YOU!"

Velcro Fly

Man, Happy Home Creator letting you design exteriors as well as *define housing plot locations in town* feels like a giant middle finger from Nintendo after all the little ways they screwed up New Leaf.

"Congrats, you're the mayor! You have more control over the town than ever! ...Except that you actually have less in a lot of ways! Way to go breeding your first Blue Rose - oops! A new villager moved in and deleted your flower garden: FUCK YOU!"

yeah my town has a ton of flowers still on the beach

no fucking way am i giving up my prized roses to some asshole villager that i hate

Robin64

Next real AC game: New feature, villagers can place their house on the beach.

(Wouldn't surprise me, beach was one of the locations in HHD)

Muddy just tried to move out. On my BIRTHDAY. I would have died but she decided to stay.

As for today's announcements...they could at *least* give New Leaf a bit of an update if they're going to skip AC for Wii U. Today's announcements were so totally awful. Awful.

Top Bottom