• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
You did that last year? Think I missed it. Gonna look it up later. Still a shame I didn't make it. I stopped my regular playing sessions when the snow started melting.

I did indeed.

I have a famous painting if anyone needs it. Also Redd has a neutral painting.

Zing

Banned
I have a famous painting if anyone needs it. Also Redd has a neutral painting.
Wow, I need both. There are only five pieces of art left that I need. If you have a chance to open gates in the next hour or so, let me know and I'd like to come by. :)

Niraj

Wow, I need both. There are only five pieces of art left that I need. If you have a chance to open gates in the next hour or so, let me know and I'd like to come by. :)

Opening now, but may not be chatty.

Zing

Banned
Just my luck. After I buy art from your town, I notice that Redd is in my town. He has a legit Beautiful Statue that I don't yet own. Haha!

Apparently, you can only buy one art per day, regardless of the source town.

Just my luck. After I buy art from your town, I notice that Redd is in my town. He has a legit Beautiful Statue that I don't yet own. Haha!

Apparently, you can only buy one art per day, regardless of the source town.

Make an alt in a pinch. You can always delete it after the mail arrives.

jts

...hate me...
Well damn, I didn't check for about ~10 days and now Lobo left
D5Jy4CR.png
Guess who's camping in my town.

e1qgDf4m.jpg

datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

jts

...hate me...
IDK if he's going to stay though, but I hope so. Have had a few camping visitors that didn't stay recently, but Kitt packed up like a week ago, and Eugene also has my blessings to leave as of today, so this is the right time I think.

Meanwhile I'm 2 fortune cookies away from completing my Nintendo collection: Kart and Fire Flower. What a time to be alive.

Linius

If you have a spot in your town you can just keep on going until they agree to come live in your town. Sometimes it just takes a while.

Meanwhile I'm hearing from my villagers that Mira is planning on leaving. But I can't get her to ping to tell her to not leave. I've been doing the swimming trick for a couple of times now without success. This kind of effort is starting to annoy me some what. Really hope that they give us better management tools in the next game to keep control over your villagers. I'll try again tomorrow, risking I might find her in boxes.

jts

...hate me...
If you have a spot in your town you can just keep on going until they agree to come live in your town. Sometimes it just takes a while.

Meanwhile I'm hearing from my villagers that Mira is planning on leaving. But I can't get her to ping to tell her to not leave. I've been doing the swimming trick for a couple of times now without success. This kind of effort is starting to annoy me some what. Really hope that they give us better management tools in the next game to keep control over your villagers. I'll try again tomorrow, risking I might find her in boxes.

Oh I actually didn't know you have to badger them. Damn. Lost a few interesting ones. Well Lobo sold me a lot of furniture (all good to catalogue), won me a game of Rock Paper Scissors but finally caved and will move in. Woo.

But now I'm not sure this Lobo was yours, since he mentioned that his town's fruit was peach.

Does anyone need to sell Perfect Cherries? They're the special in my town and I have Apples natively.

Also, Sylvia is leaving my town on the 12th if anyone wants her.

Message me about either.

Linius

Oh I actually didn't know you have to badger them. Damn. Lost a few interesting ones. Well Lobo sold me a lot of furniture (all good to catalogue), won me a game of Rock Paper Scissors but finally caved and will move in. Woo.

But now I'm not sure this Lobo was yours, since he mentioned that his town's fruit was peach.

Hmm strange, I would have thought it would be mine since you visited me so recently. Maybe it was just completely random, or you picked him up trough streetpass.

But it's good to keep Lobo in the cycle. I remember when Frank left my town (sad face) he showed up in Mich's town. And since a few weeks Frank started showing up in my main street again :D

Niraj

Save and quit. Restart, move directly to Mira. Tell her not to move. Done.

jts

...hate me...
Hmm strange, I would have thought it would be mine since you visited me so recently. Maybe it was just completely random, or you picked him up trough streetpass.

But it's good to keep Lobo in the cycle. I remember when Frank left my town (sad face) he showed up in Mich's town. And since a few weeks Frank started showing up in my main street again :D

Maybe it's just some random line they drop while they're in the limbo in-between towns and still talking like they actually live somewhere. Poor guy.

Anyway, finally imported the pics over to the computer. Some select ones over the years:

PqeP3zn.jpg

tvUInB3.jpg

LTNLF5q.jpg

I'll never let you leave, Snake. First villager to ever move in, too. Blessed.

7aAkYY0.jpg

"Yes, gardening always gets my ideas going, you mad genius."

c8IGVMy.jpg

I regret SO MUCH not choosing the classic police station instead of the modern one.

wK7rb1d.jpg

Miss you Sheldon :(
FPp8Kdc.jpg

You too Agent S :(

YHCkmqd.jpg

J5nNOZj.jpg

Quite the meltdown.

1Tecotm.jpg

tl3zGRx.jpg

Should've been more careful with your words, Sylvia.

23ipior.jpg

Calm down, jeez.

pGDxnZg.jpg

What a BEAUTIFUL day to see how my shrubs...
7LusGmp.jpg

1czAk8P.jpg

qL04rbB.jpg

gJTElnK.jpg

You must be fun at parties.

Hope I didn't bore y'all. I love this game.

x7iC3B3.jpg

jts

...hate me...
My Sylvia deserves that treatment. Glad to see her go.
I still have her. Had her and Kitt at some point, both kangaroos, would rather have Sylvia go but Kitt suggested on a move and I thought it could be good to add some animal diversity (besides he would free up the lot right in front of my house). Still have 2 anteaters in my town, like one wasn't bad enough...

Snake! He's my buddy, I love Snake
Yeah, he's the best. Suggested a couple of times to leave, but no no noooooo. You stay. Here are some daily letters with gifts. Hopefully I'll get his portrait soon.

Suplexer

I got a 3DS the other week, finally, and got to indulge in my number one vice growing up once again by getting New Leaf.

I'm want to play a little longer before I share my overall thoughts but man, what the fuck is going on with sharks!? Why have I already seen two? IN THE LAST TWO DAYS!? Sharks used to be like, end-game level of rare. Catching a shark meant you were the coolest kid on the block back in the GC days, and now I caught one on my first day with a a fishing rod.

For something that sold for 12,000 bells, I am surprised that I have seen more than one....

Linius

Pretty much nothing you can catch takes longer than a day. Some are a bit hard to find and can take up to hours of walking down the river/coast. But it's not like some bugs/fish are never to be seen.

I think most will agree though that the tarantula and the scorpion are the toughest ones.

bengraven

Gah DAMMIT. I had no idea turnip prices were twice a day things.

I had to wiki because I was never getting more than double digit prices on turnips. I was thinking maybe the risk was suddenly much higher on the 3DS or they were trying to encourage you to go friends's towns. I might do the backwards time travel thing and cheat since it's Saturday.

I got a 3DS the other week, finally, and got to indulge in my number one vice growing up once again by getting New Leaf.

I'm want to play a little longer before I share my overall thoughts but man, what the fuck is going on with sharks!? Why have I already seen two? IN THE LAST TWO DAYS!? Sharks used to be like, end-game level of rare. Catching a shark meant you were the coolest kid on the block back in the GC days, and now I caught one on my first day with a a fishing rod.

For something that sold for 12,000 bells, I am surprised that I have seen more than one....

Check out the island at night. At around 10:30/11 sometimes I can catch like five sharks. I was paying off renovations and town projects on a daily basis for a while.

MicH

That Isabelle costune really is frightening. The new AC Amiibo are fantastic. Pretty much confirms that special characters get a figurine, everyone else gets a card. Awesome. Also, I really think we're getting Animal Crossing U reveal at E3

The Isabelle Amiibo has her fall/winter outfit too :D

Velcro Fly

Would buy all of those

Not sure about AC Wii U since they have the other 3DS one coming out soon too

Maybe the amiibo lets you hang out with that character and decorate their house

Choomp

Banned
Those amiibos look great. Need them all. Also a Wii U game is just about confirmed, I'd say. Hopefully we see it at E3.

Niraj

Would buy all of those

Not sure about AC Wii U since they have the other 3DS one coming out soon too

Maybe the amiibo lets you hang out with that character and decorate their house

I was wondering about that too. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Top Bottom