• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Elija2

Happy birthday, Waylon!

And I just thought of something: Happy Home Designer doesn't let you run around outside but the characters in the trailer still had different skin tones. Will we finally be able to pick our own skin tone without having to deal with tanning? Hopefully that's another feature they keep in the next main game.

Zing

Banned
New Leaf has just barely been available for two years. I'll probably still be playing the game at this time next year. I'm in no rush for a new game, especially one tied to a single console that only one out of three gamers in my family can play at a time.

The Happy Home Designer game looks awesome!

I don't care for the boardgame thing, but saying all the announcements are "awful" is a bit extreme.

Linius

I just hope the next full Animal Crossing game will fix our list of annoyances. And add some new cool features. They really should take this "pick a spot for Villager's houses" from HHD with them to the new full game. As well as being able to place furniture outside. And being able to make furniture bigger or smaller is nice as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just saw the first HHD segment on the Treehouse stream. Looks much better than I first expected. Originally thought we'd be given a theme and limited to that but we can literally design the homes anyway we want around one or two items.

The exterior designer is a big plus. And the facilities feature sounds interesting.

Not certain whether I'll get it, but these are the kind of changes that are very welcome to the series and I hope they will not be limited to the spinoff.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I just hope the next full Animal Crossing game will fix our list of annoyances. And add some new cool features. They really should take this "pick a spot for Villager's houses" from HHD with them to the new full game. As well as being able to place furniture outside. And being able to make furniture bigger or smaller is nice as well.

I'd imagine it's a bit of a test to see how people take to these changes, and they'll likely include them in future installments, since I can't imagine people disliking them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't really see myself ever playing it, but the way they've incorporated Animal Crossing into a board game.

woopWOOP

Huh, so it seems that amiibo Festival is a free game, you just need to buy amiibo to play it.
Really? Sweet. No way I was going to throw down big bucks for a digital AC boardgame, tho if it's free I'm wondering if there's any more to it than what was shown. Also I'm guessing you can't play as the villagers included with the amiibo cards? Cause that'd be rad.

Good game or not, I'll probably break down and buy that Digby amiibo anyway.
Hi i'm in need of someone to hold my bells for one or two weeks it would be appreciated!

It's only 1,485,000

Thank you!
Sure, I can 'hold' them for you... muahaha!
(Really tho I'll hold on to 'm, but why the transfer for two weeks?)

NotSelf

Really? Sweet. No way I was going to throw down big bucks for a digital AC boardgame, tho if it's free I'm wondering if there's any more to it than what was shown. Also I'm guessing you can't play as the villagers included with the amiibo cards? Cause that'd be rad.

Good game or not, I'll probably break down and buy that Digby amiibo anyway.

Sure, I can 'hold' them for you... muahaha!
(Really tho I'll hold on to 'm, but why the transfer for two weeks?)

Thanks! I still have you added as a friend from last time remember we tried to visit each others town but failed to connect i'm still willing to give it a another try i'm on eastern time usually 4 or 5 pm is good for me.

The reason for the length of time is I want to get a better feel of the town layout before I commit to it I think I was a bit hasty when choosing the first time I only really saw two layouts before choosing the third one. I probably just miss the magic of my city folk town layout.

Niraj

Huh, so it seems that amiibo Festival is a free game, you just need to buy amiibo to play it.

Are we sure about this? I've only seen that one tweet, and subsequent articles to that effect are based on that one tweet. NOA Twitter says it will be available to purchase during the holiday season.

I don't really see myself ever playing it, but the way they've incorporated Animal Crossing into a board game.

I think you forgot to finish your thought :p

I wish we could order individual cards, with like a minimum of 10 or 20 per order or something.
I'm going to need to buy far too many packs to get Lobo.
Will we trade dupe cards on here?

woopWOOP

I'll trade all my cards if it means getting a Beau and/or Zell card. They better be included in the first batch. Gotta get my deer homeboyzz
Thanks! I still have you added as a friend from last time remember we tried to visit each others town but failed to connect i'm still willing to give it a another try i'm on eastern time usually 4 or 5 pm is good for me.

The reason for the length of time is I want to get a better feel of the town layout before I commit to it I think I was a bit hasty when choosing the first time I only really saw two layouts before choosing the third one. I probably just miss the magic of my city folk town layout.
Ohyeah, crap... Well, we can give it another shot thursday 4 pm EST... tho to be honest I'd feel extra bad if we got it working by crazy luck one time and we can't reconnect when I want to try and return the money, ha...

Also I gave away my fruit stock, but I might have some random fuit trees around town if you're still looking for some!

NotSelf

I'll trade all my cards if it means getting a Beau and/or Zell card. They better be included in the first batch. Gotta get my deer homeboyzz

Ohyeah, crap... Well, we can give it another shot thursday 4 pm EST... tho to be honest I'd feel extra bad if we got it working by crazy luck one time and we can't reconnect when I want to try and return the money, ha...

Also I gave away my fruit stock, but I might have some random fuit trees around town if you're still looking for some!

Ok great will have my gate open at 4pm if something comes up will send you a PM.

And don't worry if that happens just buy your self a nice hat :)

Robin64

Are we sure about this? I've only seen that one tweet, and subsequent articles to that effect are based on that one tweet. NOA Twitter says it will be available to purchase during the holiday season.

At this point, I'm definitely not sure about it. NoA and NoE tweets since the "news" about it having a free download version have only mentioned the bundle to purchase.

It's likely he got wrong information from a rep. That happens, I happen to know a lot of what the reps for Rare Replay have told people is wrong for example.

MicH

I really want to like HHD, but I just dont. I don't like interior design that much. I got really excited to see how you can decorate the outside of their house though. Are we finally getting more options for laying down pathways and such in the next mainline game?!

_h8bit

Banned
I sorta wish they would release cards similar to the way CAH does their expansions. I don't plan on trying to like collect all of them but I know people will and treating them like random packs of Pokemon or Magic cards will probably get old quick. Especially if you have your eye on a particular villager. Just give me a big ol deck!

Zing

Banned
Selling a complete set would eliminate any trading, thus putting a damper on word-of-mouth and long-tail sales.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think you forgot to finish your thought :p
Ha ha ha. Guess that's what happens when ones focus is primarily on the treehouse stream.

That should end with "is neat"

Here's a new Happy Home Designer overview video. It's in Japanese.

どうぶつの森 ハッピーホームデザイナー 紹介映像

Just in the first few seconds we can see that as well as a school, you can have a hospital.
Few things I noticed:
non square rooms
ceiling items
refurbished items are back
Scenic sounds

Looks better and better.

NotSelf

It's my birthday tomorrow, what you guys got me?

PBF048BCTodayismyBirthday.jpg

The new Nintendo Zone item is the headkerchief. Apparently it was only available in the japanese version before. That explains why I've never cataloged it.

Does anyone have access to NZ?

Niraj

The new Nintendo Zone item is the headkerchief. Apparently it was only available in the japanese version before. That explains why I've never cataloged it.

Does anyone have access to NZ?

I can order one for you if you can't get to one.

On another note:

9191346264_60d753caae_o.png

Conquer your fears.
One of my eagles took off. Frogstep will be pleased to know a Jeremiah plopped a house down... but directly on some blue flowers. >.>

I'll say hi to him with my special frog hat on though because that's how all frogs should be greeted.

Anyone around for me to grab some signatures today?
Added you to my list; my number is in my profile. I'll open up around 11 PT if you still need sigs. May be afk working though. Feel free to shop, no running through flowers or picking flowers though. Fruit is fair game if you still need any. Bamboo too.

Choomp

Banned
Added you to my list; my number is in my profile. I'll open up around 11 PT if you still need sigs. May be afk working though. Feel free to shop, no running through flowers or picking flowers though. Fruit is fair game if you still need any. Bamboo too.

Thanks, will stop by soon

Thanks a lot eudaemonic! Super nice person, super nice town
*blushes* Awww shucks. Thanks!

So my morning nip prices are 132. They might spike in the afternoon. Did anyone buy any this week that I should check later?

Also, I think I stalked Jeremiah's old town on Twitter. I messaged her to let her know if she wanted to visit, she can find him at my dreamcode. She might have hated him for all I know but I thought it might be neat to hear from the random someone whose town your villager went to.

Niraj

One of my eagles took off. Frogstep will be pleased to know a Jeremiah plopped a house down... but directly on some blue flowers. >.>

I'll say hi to him with my special frog hat on though because that's how all frogs should be greeted.

Jeremiah rocks. I was glad that he was still in my Gamecube town :)

Josh7289

I started playing this game again recently because of all the new AC things coming out. I never really got into this game when it came out, but now I'm enjoying it. Very chill and relaxing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder if they'll bring HHD's Amiibo card feature of inviting animals to your village in the next proper one since that would feel like it's going a bit against what the game is about.

Elija2

I wonder if they'll bring HHD's Amiibo card feature of inviting animals to your village in the next proper one since that would feel like it's going a bit against what the game is about.

They'd probably sell a ton of amiibo cards if they did that and I honestly wouldn't mind the feature. I just wonder if the cards would be reusable or not, otherwise you could just keep making the same villager move back in whenever they move out. Not that I would mind that either.

MicH

Warning: Sorta off-topic AC HHD rambling

Oooooh my god, I just noticed something AMAZING! Cheri, the BEST character in the AC series, is in the official artwork for HHD! I know this sounds utterly ridiculous, but that just made me incredibly happy. She is my absolutely favorite character ever and I am so happy to see her in the spotlight for once after getting cut from WW and CF.

I may actually have to buy those otherwise ugly 3DS faceplates now. BECAUSE CHERI IS ON THEM :D My god she is just the best and I do realize I have an unhealthy obsession with her

Top Bottom