• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

MicH

Cheri_AC_Villager2.png
Lmao

I swear to god she's the best villager! :p My obsession is not weird!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
FUCKING HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I spent a whole year cycling villagers out the first time Ankha moved out and she moved out AGAIN. FUCK THIS GAME.

Robin64

Amazon UK, FR and DE all have resupply of the Villager amiibo reprint! Yay, finally got one for a not stupid price!

Robin64

I really do wish they made alt Villager amiibos. Or at least a girl one, the main one that gets used in Mario Kart 8.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I really do wish they made alt Villager amiibos. Or at least a girl one, the main one that gets used in Mario Kart 8.

Well she's based on the newer taller designs (always thought it was odd Smash went with the short design despite New leaf being out by then) so that would have to be part of another series. Hopefully we get new villager amiibos with the next Animal Crossing. The party game seems to be animals only at the mo.

colon

When I ask the lady bird thing in the Post Office about the download item, the game tries to connect to the internet but then it gives me an error saying something about can't connect to the server. Does this happen to any of you? I can play online in the rest of the game just fine, in fact I was just visiting my friend's town about an hour ago. It has been giving me this error since the 21st (I tried on the 20th and it said I already had the current item) and I'm wondering if they're just done with the monthly download items?
(I'm not talking about the Nintendo Zone item)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
When I ask the lady bird thing in the Post Office about the download item, the game tries to connect to the internet but then it gives me an error saying something about can't connect to the server. Does this happen to any of you? I can play online in the rest of the game just fine, in fact I was just visiting my friend's town about an hour ago. It has been giving me this error since the 21st (I tried on the 20th and it said I already had the current item) and I'm wondering if they're just done with the monthly download items?

I've seen other people getting the error too, and I got it as well just now. Maybe we're done, but honestly not sure :/

Chaos17

I started to play again the game and thelady bird gave me my rainbow furniture after being able to connect to the internet. It was just some days after the E3.

NotSelf

After 3 days of going through many different town layouts I finally settled on this one.

One of the things that bothered me was the recycle shop always has a pond either on the left or right side on my first layout it was on the left side and I would constantly run into it. I also didn't like town hall and retail to be near the middle or bottom of the map I think it's more convenient this way. It's not perfect don't particularly care for most of the beach being on the right side I do like the town tree being in front of town hall that was unexpected I really like it that way also wanted to have my home near the beach and waterfall it's nice hearing the ocean sound from inside your home.

Niraj

Damn you :p btw, thanks for sharing all your impressions in the OT for that.

Have a flowery painting at Redd's if anyone needs it.

Not sure if anyone is still playing but does anyone happen to have a set of Rock N Roll clothing I can borrow for a Gracie check? Pants, socks, and a hat/headgear would work also.

edit: Found someone to trade with nevermind. :)

colon

I think the player base for this game is shrinking. I stopped going to the island for about 6 months, and then two weeks ago I started going again, usually once in the morning and then late at night. I'm seeing a lot of the same handful of people every day and we recognize each others characters without even having to look at the list of players at this point.

But anyway, the main reason I wanted to post is I seemed to have spotted a user who messed with their save file in some way. I looked at the player list and she had question mark boxes as part of her town name, and on her player card it didn't have a picture of her character, it was replaced by an anime picture. I wanted to ask how she did it, but she didn't know much English (though she knew enough English to beg me for the blue rose my character had in his mouth, but I didn't give in because I'm sure she can easily get whatever items she wants if she's skilled enough to made these edits to her game). I visited her dream town and she had trees planted on her bridges and a PWP in front of her train station (when I exited the train station my character fainted).
Anyone know what program they used to be able to do that? And if you want to visit the dream town to see what I'm talking about:
Dq8q3CZ.jpg

Elija2

But anyway, the main reason I wanted to post is I seemed to have spotted a user who messed with their save file in some way. I looked at the player list and she had question mark boxes as part of her town name, and on her player card it didn't have a picture of her character, it was replaced by an anime picture. I wanted to ask how she did it, but she didn't know much English (though she knew enough English to beg me for the blue rose my character had in his mouth, but I didn't give in because I'm sure she can easily get whatever items she wants if she's skilled enough to made these edits to her game). I visited her dream town and she had trees planted on her bridges and a PWP in front of her train station (when I exited the train station my character fainted).
Anyone know what program they used to be able to do that? And if you want to visit the dream town to see what I'm talking about:
Dq8q3CZ.jpg

Whoa, that's really weird. I wonder how they did that.

After a few months away, the game has sucked me right back in, and I want to come back to this awesome community. It was my birthday yesterday and I decided to pick the game back up and see what's been going on. All my neighbors are still there and the town still looks good. I thought I had played for a short time but then I realized almost three hours passed. This freaking game, I love it so. It's always there when you need it.

I think the player base for this game is shrinking. I stopped going to the island for about 6 months, and then two weeks ago I started going again, usually once in the morning and then late at night. I'm seeing a lot of the same handful of people every day and we recognize each others characters without even having to look at the list of players at this point.

Dq8q3CZ.jpg
Probably LeafTools or an equivalent. I don't follow hacking sites, I know only that the hack programs don't work on up to date 3ds firmware.

Elija2

I visited that hacked dream town and it was pretty crazy. I kinda liked the way they had pine trees right next to each other to make it look like a dense forest and I like how they changed the direction some PWPs were facing like benches. I actually wish some of that stuff could be features in the next AC game. Trees on bridges though, not so much.

Happy belated, Smack!

On the hacked town note, just tried that dream code and it said the town couldn't be found. :/

Also, Kidd has grown on me. I gave him a tacky sweater for his birthday today and he said it was perfect. *chuckles*

woopWOOP

Anybody happen to have a Valiant Statue lying around I could buy? Real or counterfeit, either's fine by me honestly. Otherwise if you come across one in the future and could buy it for me, that'd be totally awesome. I'll give ya 30k in return! (because I'm craaazy)

I visited that hacked dream town and it was pretty crazy. I kinda liked the way they had pine trees right next to each other to make it look like a dense forest and I like how they changed the direction some PWPs were facing like benches. I actually wish some of that stuff could be features in the next AC game. Trees on bridges though, not so much.
Animal Crossing Maker

Elija2

Crap, I gotta be off for the next 8 hours. Uh, if it's still possible to do so after that, don't mind if I do :V (I'll give you a % cut, ofcourse)

Ah, sorry, I didn't see this post until now and I already started a new day so the premium is gone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Some more down to Earth house types would be nice. It's still just the cottage and cuboid.

It seems you can still give them the Animal houses they normally have, but it would be cool to see those designs with extra rooms and in future AC games as an option for your own home.

Also megaton in the third video: You can REMOVE the windows! (You can also give them a different design including interactive curtains)

Additionally, door designs can be changed.

Oooh ooooh oohhhh! A disco ball! That's just the item I needed for that groove room I had in my old home!

Niraj

Imagine being able to move flowers like that in New Leaf. It'd also be sweet to be able to access all your furniture even if it wasn't in your inventory. That was one thing that was nice in Fantasy Life, even though I didn't really decorate my houses so much as use them as display cases. It was very easy to set and organize all your furniture just through one of the menus. It'll be nice to see some of these changes from HHD show up in future games.

Chaos17

Niraj

Sushi platter is the new Nintendo Zone item
sushi-platter.jpg

You can order this once you've cataloged it, also.

I still love walking into a neighbor's house and seeing them interacting with something. Had to deliver something to Walker and there he is, sitting at his piano. Always makes me smile.

Wolfe

I still need to finish my museum lol, wonder what time of the year exclusive catches I've missed.

Can't even recall what all I still need outside of a few fossils and a painting or two.

Also reminds me I still haven't gotten the AC cat armors in MH4U yet. Should be amusing having Isabell and Resetti following me around on hunts.

Good ol Newspaper Hat (yes, this is the new name I just gave you), glad to see you still chugging along :)

Niraj

I still need to finish my museum lol, wonder what time of the year exclusive catches I've missed.

Can't even recall what all I still need outside of a few fossils and a painting or two.

Also reminds me I still haven't gotten the AC cat armors in MH4U yet. Should be amusing having Isabell and Resetti following me around on hunts.

Good ol Newspaper Hat (yes, this is the new name I just gave you), glad to see you still chugging along :)

Make a list and I'll keep an eye out for you if you want

Top Bottom