• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
But Groucho is cool

tumblr_mr0l85Dqwf1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

ameleco

Just let me know a time and I'll try to get on if I'm home. And no need, I finished my catalog some time ago. Don't think we have each other added already, do we? My FC is 2836-0258-6594

Oh man I'm jelly. I'm fairly close. The worst part will be Wendel Okay so my FC is 1547 5192 7044. I am free any time tonight and tomorrow after about 5 CST. Let me know and I'll be casually checking the thread. I actually forgot to look back at it when I got home today. Got this exam I've been studying for :( But yeah just let me know. I went ahead and added you :)

Niraj

Oh man I'm jelly. I'm fairly close. The worst part will be Wendel Okay so my FC is 1547 5192 7044. I am free any time tonight and tomorrow after about 5 CST. Let me know and I'll be casually checking the thread. I actually forgot to look back at it when I got home today. Got this exam I've been studying for :( But yeah just let me know. I went ahead and added you :)

I'll open up now and you can pop in whenever if you do happen to see this. If not I'll catch you tomorrow if I can.

Edit: closed for now, I need to step out for a few. I'll check this thread though when I get back and see if you're around.

ameleco

I'll open up now and you can pop in whenever if you do happen to see this. If not I'll catch you tomorrow if I can.

Edit: closed for now, I need to step out for a few. I'll check this thread though when I get back and see if you're around.

Ugh missed it haha. K Ill leave the game on!

Edit: I'm at the list of available towns and I have it right next to me so I should be able to see if you ever do pop up. If you went to sleep, that's cool! I owe you either way for going out of your way to do this for me.

AC GAF! Hope everyone is doing fine and dandy. Still remember a lot of you. Still remember back just before the first OT, when we had to move to a chat room. I was the greeter there for a while. Good times...

My situation with New Leaf is that I played tons and daily until I managed to stop, around September of last year. I made a photo album of my adventures in my town of Madera (I know, problems), and I called it a day. Ha! So I thought. I was back playing daily by December.

Nowadays I still play, not daily, and I lost two of my original villagers and both I really liked, Roscoe and Aurora (ouch), but how could I not play when that freaking son of a gun scorpion is still out there and not in my NET!

Gotta go. Gotta catch. Gotta not get stung. Again.

Niraj

Ugh missed it haha. K Ill leave the game on!

Edit: I'm at the list of available towns and I have it right next to me so I should be able to see if you ever do pop up. If you went to sleep, that's cool! I owe you either way for going out of your way to do this for me.

I'm still around, I'll open again.

AC GAF! Hope everyone is doing fine and dandy. Still remember a lot of you. Still remember back just before the first OT, when we had to move to a chat room. I was the greeter there for a while. Good times...

My situation with New Leaf is that I played tons and daily until I managed to stop, around September of last year. I made a photo album of my adventures in my town of Madera (I know, problems), and I called it a day. Ha! So I thought. I was back playing daily by December.

Nowadays I still play, not daily, and I lost two of my original villagers and both I really liked, Roscoe and Aurora (ouch), but how could I not play when that freaking son of a gun scorpion is still out there and not in my NET!

Gotta go. Gotta catch. Gotta not get stung. Again.

You are not the only one with scorpion problems here at least :p

For NA, did I miss the newspaper hat? :|

You did actually :/

ameleco

I'm still around, I'll open again.

:) Just wanted to say thanks again. Typing on the 3ds is so slow! But anyways, I'll make sure to keep a closer eye on this thread. And again, I had yet to meet anyone who had accomplished as much as you have in game. The most impressive? Those badges. I hope I even come close to finishing the game before the next one comes out. Not sure I ever will haha. But yeah, very impressed man. Plan on doing it again in the next game?

Edit: Oh and you're not too crazy right? Like you don't have *all* the animal pictures do you? If so, wow. Just wow :p

Niraj

:) Just wanted to say thanks again. Typing on the 3ds is so slow! But anyways, I'll make sure to keep a closer eye on this thread. And again, I had yet to meet anyone who had accomplished as much as you have in game. The most impressive? Those badges. I hope I even come close to finishing the game before the next one comes out. Not sure I ever will haha. But yeah, very impressed man. Plan on doing it again in the next game?

Edit: Oh and you're not too crazy right? Like you don't have *all* the animal pictures do you? If so, wow. Just wow :p

No problem. As for doing it next game, I really doubt it honestly lol. Who knows though.

No, definitely not lol. Just the animals I've had in my town for ages. I just get a lot of them so I always have extras.

Robin64

What's nice is that HHD has Miiverse functionality built in, so no waiting for the Miiverse app to load.

Unlike Animal Crossing: New Leaf which released before Miiverse’s time, Happy Home Designer is ready with Miiverse sharing built in right to the game. There’s no need to open up the HOME Menu and head to Miiverse to post a photo, you can share straight from inside the game now, and even include a drawing from the same screen as shown below. Reportedly, this works with both the original Nintendo 3DS systems as well as the New Nintendo 3DS.

happy-home-designer-social-sharing-miiverse-790x428.png

http://animalcrossingworld.com/2015/07/social-sharing-features-detailed-in-animal-crossing-happy-home-designer/

Niraj

Worthy painting at Redd's if anyone needs it. Also still have a beautiful statue if anyone needs that.

Chaos17

Nintendo Life preview of HHD.

The video shows quite a few things:
  • More house designs
  • Proper paths
  • Flat screen TV for the wall
  • Clothes on hangers
  • Could outfits be placed on tables before. I don't recall.
  • Villagers will wear the clothes put on display.

You can choose where to place the villager house ?!
Damn, I need this in ANCL, so many time when a new comer arrive in my town they screw over my town design, lol

I will say it agan, this should've been an exapnsion!

NotSelf

Worthy painting at Redd's if anyone needs it. Also still have a beautiful statue if anyone needs that.

Do you still have the items? I would be glad to take them I actually don't have any art in my museum yet.

EDIT: I added you just in case thanks

Niraj

Do you still have the items? I would be glad to take them I actually don't have any art in my museum yet.

EDIT: I added you just in case thanks

Sorry, I was out. Are you still around? Worst case I can buy the painting and get it to you tomorrow or some other day

Niraj

Getting a Failed to connect message I think this is because I have a set up of NAT3 on my 3ds going to try to configure it will get back to you thanks appreciate it.

No worries, do you need me to grab the painting for you?

I got some cash for my birthday and am considering picking this up since I loved the DS one. But that was like a decade ago. I have a full-time job now and a kid.

I like the idea of a chill relaxing game like AC, but I'm worried about the time commitment. How much does this game punish me if I only play every 2-3 days? Is my town gonna be covered in weeds and angry villagers moving out?

Elija2

I got some cash for my birthday and am considering picking this up since I loved the DS one. But that was like a decade ago. I have a full-time job now and a kid.

I like the idea of a chill relaxing game like AC, but I'm worried about the time commitment. How much does this game punish me if I only play every 2-3 days? Is my town gonna be covered in weeds and angry villagers moving out?

There's a town ordinance you can activate to prevent weeds and wilted flowers, but there's not much you can do to prevent villagers from moving out.

Robin64

I do hope all the HHD makes it into the next AC game, for sure. Just these new things will be worthy enough of being a new entry (where City Life wasn't).

There's a town ordinance you can activate to prevent weeds and wilted flowers, but there's not much you can do to prevent villagers from moving out.

Cool about the flowers. Do you think 2-3 days long enough that I'll have lots of villagers leaving? Thanks again.

Elija2

Cool about the flowers. Do you think 2-3 days long enough that I'll have lots of villagers leaving? Thanks again.

Nah, the max is probably one villager every other week. But sometimes you can't prevent a villager from moving even if you play every day (as I recently experienced).

Grexeno

Nah, the max is probably one villager every other week. But sometimes you can't prevent a villager from moving even if you play every day (as I recently experienced).
This is not true, really. If a villager is moving, the generic rumor dialogue (that does NOT involve the player character) will ALWAYS mention it, unless you are talking to the villager who is thinking of moving. If you've gone a while without a villager moving, you probably want to grind talking to villagers until you've gotten two of them to do the generic rumor dialogue. The RNG can be a bitch sometimes.

Niraj

This is not true, really. If a villager is moving, the generic rumor dialogue (that does NOT involve the player character) will ALWAYS mention it, unless you are talking to the villager who is thinking of moving. If you've gone a while without a villager moving, you probably want to grind talking to villagers until you've gotten two of them to do the generic rumor dialogue. The RNG can be a bitch sometimes.

Easiest way to do it: 1. Any villager in a house (since they are never the mover) or 2. First villager who pings. A villager who pings will always mention if they're moving, assuming they are. If not, it's safe to harass them until they mention the generic rumor or the mover. It's also good to note what villagers are outside their homes when you first start the game, since if there is a mover, it has to be one of them.

Grexeno

Easiest way to do it: 1. Any villager in a house (since they are never the mover) or 2. First villager who pings. A villager who pings will always mention if they're moving, assuming they are. If not, it's safe to harass them until they mention the generic rumor or the mover. It's also good to note what villagers are outside their homes when you first start the game, since if there is a mover, it has to be one of them.
What about villagers who are neither inside their house nor outside?

Niraj

New Nintendo Zone item for North America is the circle banner:
circle-banner.jpg

It can be ordered once you've cataloged it.

Top Bottom