• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Robin64

Saw this on Facebook, made me chuckle.

CnuVINd.jpg

_h8bit

Banned
I never really played Wild World or City Folk and I started up a game of the former a few days ago to give it a proper chance. Thinking back to the OG Gamecube version I remember not being to hot on WW because of the shake up to the holidays and some other minor things (big dirt patches everywhere?).

While the original will always have a special place in my heart, I have to say that I think New Leaf is the best incarnation of this series to date. I know a lot of people were really hoping for a new mainline game in the series to be announced at E3 (myself included) but I think HHD is just what this series needs to begin to think outside the box a bit before the next major iteration, whenever that will be.

One thing I definitely want to see and continues to be my only gripe with NL is more post-launch support(new furniture series, holidays) for the game either through paid or free updates. Too much of it relies on being in a Nintendo Zone and I just don't have the effort to go stand in a store to get a piece of furniture every month.

I'm open now and will be on for a few hours. Im eastern time.

Let me know.
I am a terrible terrible person. :O Bout to go into my town now. Let me know if you're still on. I added you. My code is in my profile.
Anyone catch a scorpion yet? I can't find one and it is killing me. The last bug I need for God-sake
Still need it too. Only seen it once so far this year. Asshat stung me.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
Guys serious question, where and how do you get the Nintendo Zone furniture in the United States? I have tried to go to Best Buy and McDonalds since that worked in the past, but I'm not getting anything anymore. In fact, Nintendo Zone doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. What's going on? :(

Also, maybe try an AT&T store? That's where I am able to get my signal. I just stand outside and it works fine. :)

Oli

I am a terrible terrible person. :O Bout to go into my town now. Let me know if you're still on. I added you. My code is in my profile.

Still need it too. Only seen it once so far this year. Asshat stung me.

No problem, if we can get lined up, I have you on my 3DS as well.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sweet, Isabelle and Villager aren't the only playable AC characters in Super Mario Maker!

eH68MXJ.png

That's pretty cool.

Forgive me if old, but had anyone tested this method of trying to get villagers to request PWP?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/1hs2lo/possible_way_to_get_villagers_to_request_public/

It works the first time for me, then any point after I cannot get the "BING" from the animals at all. I've been trying for a week and still no luck getting it to work after that first time. :/

You mean you can't get it to work more than once a day? You can only get one PWP request per day, that's why :p that's weird that you're not getting any pings at all though.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty cool.

You mean you can't get it to work more than once a day? You can only get one PWP request per day, that's why :p that's weird that you're not getting any pings at all though.

I'm not even getting a PWP suggestion. The animals will just ignore me after my first try of hiding from them for five minutes and then getting one ping (and that one ping hasn't been a PWP suggestion, it's been a catchphrase question despite me having no bells and empty pockets). After that they all ignore me, even if I quite the game and restart. I wasn't sure if that's what really happens or if it's just my weird luck. :/

Niraj

Anyone available for sigs today?

I can get you if you're around.

I'm not even getting a PWP suggestion. The animals will just ignore me after my first try of hiding from them for five minutes and then getting one ping (and that one ping hasn't been a PWP suggestion, it's been a catchphrase question despite me having no bells and empty pockets). After that they all ignore me, even if I quite the game and restart. I wasn't sure if that's what really happens or if it's just my weird luck. :/

Yeah, there's no guarantee it will be a PWP suggestion, but it's weird that you're not getting pings at all. Only time I can think of them not pinging is when they want to give you the "don't you think you should take a break" message. Usually when you load up the game, after a few minutes of doing whatever, one of your villagers should ping, then about every 5 min or so of you standing around/whatever another one will ping. I'm guessing this isn't the case, but if you only have the bridge PWP suggestions left, nobody will mention them to you if you have three bridges, you'd need two or less.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
I can get you if you're around.

Yeah, there's no guarantee it will be a PWP suggestion, but it's weird that you're not getting pings at all. Only time I can think of them not pinging is when they want to give you the "don't you think you should take a break" message. Usually when you load up the game, after a few minutes of doing whatever, one of your villagers should ping, then about every 5 min or so of you standing around/whatever another one will ping. I'm guessing this isn't the case, but if you only have the bridge PWP suggestions left, nobody will mention them to you if you have three bridges, you'd need two or less.

I'll try exploring that further. I do have three bridges but I'll double check what PWP I have and see if the personalities I have can't suggest anything further. Thank you for your advice. :)

Niraj

I'll try exploring that further. I do have three bridges but I'll double check what PWP I have and see if the personalities I have can't suggest anything further. Thank you for your advice. :)

There is a list of PWP suggestions in the OP of this thread if you want to use that as a checklist.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
There is a list of PWP suggestions in the OP of this thread if you want to use that as a checklist.

Thank you! I'll be sure to check it! I've been using the Animal Crossing phone app but it wouldn't hurt to make sure that they have everything. I played more yesterday at two separate occasions and was only able to get a ping from any of the villagers only once, after the first 5 minute "hide". I wish I knew what is going on!

Linius

Sweet, Isabelle and Villager aren't the only playable AC characters in Super Mario Maker!

eH68MXJ.png

I guess these unlock with the cards? Or can we get Animal Crossing characters with the Villager Amiibo?

Really looking forward to Mario Maker, looks so fun.

Sweet. I'm on now so if you get on that'd be great.
Haha! So this is the earliest I've been able to get to GAF today to check on this. Still around? I need to eat dinner in a few minutes but I should be able to pop on in a half hour from now.

Oli

Okie... I have my town list up now. I'm coming over to your town, right?

yup, opening it now.

Let me know if you have any problems connecting to me... Like I said, sometimes I have trouble with certain games so im not sure how itll work.

yup, opening it now.

Let me know if you have any problems connecting to me... Like I said, sometimes I have trouble with certain games so im not sure how itll work.
Yup. Twice now I've gotten error 018-0511. Failed to connect to partner's device.

Oli

Yup. Twice now I've gotten error 018-0511. Failed to connect to partner's device.

Curses... Well that was somewhat expected. But I'm glad I didn't buy a second copy for no reason.

Thanks for checking though that really helped me out.

No, it's OK. I have the same issue with Mario Kart and Smash Brothers, it wont let me connect with peer to peer connections I think.
That's bummer. :( I was hoping my procrastination was going to produce a miracle or something. Sorry it took me so long to confirm your suspicions. :/

It was actually just in time, I would have bought the game tomorrow I think.
I'm glad you didn't then.

Btw, I love your avatar. Always makes me smile. :)

---

In other news, I've now encountered two scorpions and they have handed my ass to me. I'm really ready to just say fuck it with them.

I also called Lottie a skank and a homewrecker today for bumping Isabelle off the twitter feed.

Top Bottom