• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well the problem for the AC ones is there is no compatibility really for them. Even Isabelle, whose picture appears in MK8, can't unlock the Animal Crossing Mii outfit.

I think people would rather buy Amiibo of villagers than the job characters, since those are the ones they build a bond with. Also Resetti should be in the ground being angry.

Completely agree.

Robin64

Just finished the final Micross puzzle in Club Nintendo Picross Plus, and figured you guys would like to see this given it never came out outside Japan.

scr_1_top_right2qpb4.png

It's adorable! Also, when I solved it, it played the "loan paid off" jingle.

Niraj

That's pretty sweet. Wish we had gotten that here. Still crossing my fingers for Picross 3D 2.

Levondrious

Neo Member
Hey, AC fans!

I've recently bought a New Nintendo 3Ds XL and New Leaf and I honestly don't know what to do in this game. The beginning feels like a tutorial and I've learned bunch of stuff but one of the main reasons I wanted AC was the online gaming. But it as it turned out, I would need friends in my Nintendo list who actually play that game to enjoy some online fun? I don't have any friends who play that game.

Please help me to understand all this.

Niraj

Hey, AC fans!

I've recently bought a New Nintendo 3Ds XL and New Leaf and I honestly don't know what to do in this game. The beginning feels like a tutorial and I've learned bunch of stuff but one of the main reasons I wanted AC was the online gaming. But it as it turned out, I would need friends in my Nintendo list who actually play that game to enjoy some online fun? I don't have any friends who play that game.

Please help me to understand all this.

You seem to have figured it out, but first step is exchanging friend codes with people. Once you do that, either you or your friends can go to the station at the top of your town and talk to Porter the monkey, and he can open the town gates so people can visit. There's also an island you get access to where you can go online with random people in your region or other regions. There's not a ton to do there, but you can catch bugs/fish and also play some minigames. There's also an island that's specific to you, and you and your friends can go there and do the same.

Niraj

I have no idea if anyone is actually still using these, but, if so, my bad for forgetting:

13021971125_91a17304bc_o.png

13021971035_99686fd2c0_o.png

13022363144_739762c118_o.png

trebbble

I'm kinda new to Animal Crossing and woke up today excited to buy some turnips to sell on the Stalk Market. However, I only just noticed that the 3DS didn't automatically update the internal clock an hour forward.

I've never 'time travelled' in the game, but I have heard that doing so can cause your turnips to spoil. I don't want to do this by mistake!

Is there a way to adjust for the clocks moving forward today without spoiling my turnips, or should I just wait until I sell them/next week to make a time change?

I'm kinda new to Animal Crossing and woke up today excited to buy some turnips to sell on the Stalk Market. However, I only just noticed that the 3DS didn't automatically update the internal clock an hour forward.

I've never 'time travelled' in the game, but I have heard that doing so can cause your turnips to spoil. I don't want to do this by mistake!

Is there a way to adjust for the clocks moving forward today without spoiling my turnips, or should I just wait until I sell them/next week to make a time change?

Technically as long as you don't pass the week-changeover point, you can time travel forwards. But not backwards even one minute lol, been there, spoiled millions of bells worth of turnips. But I can't recall if the changeover is Saturday night or Sunday night, so safest to wait.

xinek

Is anyone willing to sell cabana set pieces? I have exactly zero right now. Love the set, but I hate the island minigames. I thought Club Tortimer would help with that, but people don't seem to want to pair up to make medals fast, just troll.

Name your price, and I'll get back to you after some necessary island beetle grinding. ^^

Niraj

Is anyone willing to sell cabana set pieces? I have exactly zero right now. Love the set, but I hate the island minigames. I thought Club Tortimer would help with that, but people don't seem to want to pair up to make medals fast, just troll.

Name your price, and I'll get back to you after some necessary island beetle grinding. ^^

If you do decide to play more of the minigames, I'd recommend the elite scavenger one. Really easy, quick, and you get a lot of medals. I think that was the one I did the most of when I was going for the items/badges.

xinek

If you do decide to play more of the minigames, I'd recommend the elite scavenger one. Really easy, quick, and you get a lot of medals. I think that was the one I did the most of when I was going for the items/badges.

Thanks, I'll give that a try, although not sure if I've unlocked it yet. Just got back from another try at Club Tortimer, and my partner was great. Got 40 medals and the cabana bed! But one of the tours we did awarded only two medals, ugh.

I have seen Gracie literally ONCE in my 50+ hours of play.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the appearance rate?

I want that goddamn Emporium.

I typically only have time to play at night, post 6 PM, special characters are in the plaza all day though right?

Niraj

I typically only have time to play at night, post 6 PM, special characters are in the plaza all day though right?

It's just random :( not sure about the timing but she should be there for awhile.

Iirc gracie leaves at five. You'll need to adjust your clock so you can have daytime play as well as night.

Niraj

Make sure you talk to him from behind a few times, for fun.

Got an extra egg basket if anyone wants or needs one

I wanted to play without touching the system clock :(

And I'd like a solid gold toilet, but some things just aren't in the cards, baby.

Seriously though, changing the clock once to allow you to play optimally on your own schedule doesn't count as time traveling. You get a free pass on it.

And I'd like a solid gold toilet, but some things just aren't in the cards, baby.

Seriously though, changing the clock once to allow you to play optimally on your own schedule doesn't count as time traveling. You get a free pass on it.

True dat.

Any negative effects to be cautious of?

Honestly, I'd be playing within the same day in the game, just a few hours early...so instead of being able to play at say 7 PM in real life, I'd just change the clock to Noon or whatever.

True dat.

Any negative effects to be cautious of?

Honestly, I'd be playing within the same day in the game, just a few hours early...so instead of being able to play at say 7 PM in real life, I'd just change the clock to Noon or whatever.

No negative effects if you have no turnips.
Using the system clock won't get the villagers to call you a time traveler as a rumor. Just when you have Isabelle change it.

I had an issue one time when I had to adjust my system clock, and it was the end of the month, and I changed the date to 1 but forgot to advance the month. Luckily it didn't screw me over, but it's something to keep in mind.

xinek

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this. After grinding this tour, I've been able to get all but about three pieces of the Cabana series. Now it's down to grinding boat rides to find islands that have what I'm missing (radio, wall, table). That part is taking even longer than the medal grind!

xinek

Iirc gracie leaves at five. You'll need to adjust your clock so you can have daytime play as well as night.

I had a Gracie visit yesterday, and it was well after 9pm when I signed on. So I think she's there long after five pm, although I didn't see how late she actually stayed.

Niraj

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this. After grinding this tour, I've been able to get all but about three pieces of the Cabana series. Now it's down to grinding boat rides to find islands that have what I'm missing (radio, wall, table). That part is taking even longer than the medal grind!

No problem :)

I had a Gracie visit yesterday, and it was well after 9pm when I signed on. So I think she's there long after five pm, although I didn't see how late she actually stayed.

Then there's something else about five o'clock.
Oh yeah! Mail delivery!
If she asks you for a style you don't keep on hand, you need time to order the stuff. Or if you have alts, one of them might get an easier style and you can pass.

Sorry for confusion there.
Although I still think it's important to have some daytime play. There are things that can be missed.

Niraj

Why you gotta pull me down in my greatest moment bruh.

Gracie...I don't even know what else to do. Maybe she comes out more often in the Spring? IDK...

You're dangerously close to turning into AnUnhappyPanda.

There's nothing you can do really. Just keep playing and eventually she'll turn up again.

mantidor

uurgh I think I messed up.

For some reason beyond me my 3DS had its date reset, I don't know how or why, but it was stuck in 1/1/2015. I notice it and change it, but I did it wrong, because the stupid thing decided to use the insane month/day/year format instead of the normal day/month/year format, which means that I probably timed travel and now I won't hear the end of it from my neighbors D:

I really really didn't want to time travel :(

Niraj holding down the fort!!

Was popping in to say... I like how there's a little old school NL reunion happening in Miitomo for us. Now I wonder when we can get AC gear for our Miis. :p

I should stop in here more often again. Just for the few people that come in.

Niraj

Niraj holding down the fort!!

Was popping in to say... I like how there's a little old school NL reunion happening in Miitomo for us. Now I wonder when we can get AC gear for our Miis. :p

I should stop in here more often again. Just for the few people that come in.

I'm learning so many dark secrets about all of you.

Well based on Badge Arcade I expect something Isabelle related as a My Nintendo reward.

I'd be surprised if there weren't Isabelle outfits offered at least. Maybe a theme too.

Does fruit only rot when you keep it in your pockets?

No clue. Only rotten fruit I've had is from busted perfect fruit trees. That could be because I have beautiful town on though.

and mantidor, not ignoring you, but I haven't time traveled so can't comment :/ sorry

Niraj

Rumours

It's quite easy to make your villagers not care about your time travelling if you just do another activity a lot.

For some reason I totally misread his post and thought he was worried about a villager moving. I might be dying.

So...Gracie finally showed up...and of course I didn't have the proper clothes and the sisters weren't selling the necessary clothes either.

Do people just buy a bunch of clothes then stash it away in their wardrobe until Gracie shows up so they can throw on the proper outfit?

Niraj

So...Gracie finally showed up...and of course I didn't have the proper clothes and the sisters weren't selling the necessary clothes either.

Do people just buy a bunch of clothes then stash it away in their wardrobe until Gracie shows up so they can throw on the proper outfit?

You could do that. Historically people either ordered from their catalog or asked in these threads for help.

Top Bottom