• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

TheJoRu

Got a New 3DS recently with New Leaf. It's very nice so far, am on my third day and things are starting to happen, but I do wish I jumped on the train (heh) a lot earlier so I could've shared all the fun happenings with you guys while it was still new. Will definitely join the party day 1 in a new Animal Crossing, hopefully not more than 2 years away. It's truly one of my favourite franchises.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got a New 3DS recently with New Leaf. It's very nice so far, am on my third day and things are starting to happen, but I do wish I jumped on the train (heh) a lot earlier so I could've shared all the fun happenings with you guys while it was still new. Will definitely join the party day 1 in a new Animal Crossing, hopefully not more than 2 years away. It's truly one of my favourite franchises.

Feel free to let us know if you need any help with items/whatever or any questions.

Awmg! The new badges in the Badge Arcade made me think of Frogstep today. I wanna collect all the frogs in honor!

Oh, and there's a bonus Lief theme if you spend two bucks. If I had known that, I wouldn't had purchased the one that went up in the shop a week ago. :/

Also, hi everyone!

Hey gang. Anyone with a pear orchard wanna open up their town to me (like, now or sometime in the next 12 hours)?

I got a chance to sell them at a premium and need as many pears as I can get.

I'm a casual who rarely has a lot of bells on hand, so any chance to make some extra scratch, I need to try and take it.

My town only had like 9 pear trees (and a lot of every other fruit).

Niraj

I don't really have a lot of pears, but you're welcome to them if you want. Might have like 10-15 perfect trees if even. Adding normal ones there are more of course, but can't give you a ballpark on that.

I don't really have a lot of pears, but you're welcome to them if you want. Might have like 10-15 perfect trees if even. Adding normal ones there are more of course, but can't give you a ballpark on that.

That would be awesome. I'm just heading home now. Should be available to visit your town soon.

Is there any way you could leave your 3DS on and networked in sleep mode? I can visit your town that way.

Anyone else have pears they want to part with?

Anyone have the complete Rococo series that they're willing to let me catalogue? I'm available now if anyone is willing to open their gate.

Linius

I do wonder when we'll see a new AC game and on which platform. It's been three years since New Leaf came out in less than two months. Time flies.

I do wonder when we'll see a new AC game and on which platform. It's been three years since New Leaf came out in less than two months. Time flies.

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

I asked in the general topic thread I created, but I'll ask here because why not?

So close to my first complete series.

Does anyone have the rococo wardrobe and rococo lamp?

I'd really appreciate just being able to catalogue them, if I could. I don't need to keep them.

Niraj

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

I asked in the general topic thread I created, but I'll ask here because why not?

So close to my first complete series.

Does anyone have the rococo wardrobe and rococo lamp?

I'd really appreciate just being able to catalogue them, if I could. I don't need to keep them.

Not on me, but I could order them. They wouldn't be here for about 12 hours though.

So, how many bells should I make in a day that would be a good average?

Right now all I'm doing is selling fossils and perfect fruit, finding the money rock, go to the lost and found and occasionally shaking all of the trees for extra money. I will also occasionally go fishing if I have the time / feel like it.

The main thing that was driving me was completing my encyclopedias, but my fossils are complete and my bugs, fish and deep sea creatures are all pretty much 60 - 90% complete and I'm starting to lose the drive to play it on the daily, at this point I'm just waiting for the summer months as I didn't get the game until last November so I can see the new fish / bugs.

What other things should I be doing to make money / doing daily? I visit the Nook store and buy the fortunes, buy some flowers, and buy clothes if they have a description type I don't have yet.

I don't particularly find the island games very fun and I've played them to the point where me ignoring the actual quest and instead fishing / catching bugs has become fruitless where I'm not catching anything new.

Niraj

So, how many bells should I make in a day that would be a good average?

Right now all I'm doing is selling fossils and perfect fruit, finding the money rock, go to the lost and found and occasionally shaking all of the trees for extra money. I will also occasionally go fishing if I have the time / feel like it.

The main thing that was driving me was completing my encyclopedias, but my fossils are complete and my bugs, fish and deep sea creatures are all pretty much 60 - 90% complete and I'm starting to lose the drive to play it on the daily, at this point I'm just waiting for the summer months as I didn't get the game until last November so I can see the new fish / bugs.

What other things should I be doing to make money / doing daily? I visit the Nook store and buy the fortunes, buy some flowers, and buy clothes if they have a description type I don't have yet.

I don't particularly find the island games very fun and I've played them to the point where me ignoring the actual quest and instead fishing / catching bugs has become fruitless where I'm not catching anything new.

Easiest way to make money is catching beetles on the island and selling them. Cut down most of the palms on the beach leaving 2-3 on each side and cut down all/most of the trees in the middle (rainbow and giant stags on the middle tree are the only ones worth catching), then just go back and forth catching beetles and filling your box. I think they come out after 7 PM. Just go for horned hercules, cyclommatus stags, golden stags, hornet atlas, and horned elephants (and possibly rainbow and giant if you leave trees in the middle) as those are all 8k a piece or more.

Easiest way to make money is catching beetles on the island and selling them. Cut down most of the palms on the beach leaving 2-3 on each side and cut down all/most of the trees in the middle (rainbow and giant stags on the middle tree are the only ones worth catching), then just go back and forth catching beetles and filling your box. I think they come out after 7 PM. Just go for horned hercules, cyclommatus stags, golden stags, hornet atlas, and horned elephants (and possibly rainbow and giant if you leave trees in the middle) as those are all 8k a piece or more.

I totally forgot to mention I did do some beetle farming. It's just such a chore now.

Why cut down the palms, does that increase the likelihood of beetle appearance rates?

Niraj

I totally forgot to mention I did do some beetle farming. It's just such a chore now.

Why cut down the palms, does that increase the likelihood of beetle appearance rates?

Makes it simpler, you don't have to run across the entirety of the island, and there are fewer spots to spawn so there's more of a likelihood of them showing up on those trees. You do occasionally have to chase off hermit crabs and wharf roaches but it's not a huge deal.

OMFG.

Does anyone have a spare Pikmin Planter they could gift me?

It's the last piece I need from the fortune cookies and I FINALLY got it and put it in my house.

Then I went to sell a bunch of shit and accidentally sold my golden axe...prompting me to just power off my 3DS without saving and of course, when I buy the fortune cookies again...no Pikmin Planter.

I really just want to be done buying fortune cookies. I've needed the stupid Pikmin Planter for literally the past 3 months and I finally get it and I fuck up my save :(

EDIT: Also, TY for the tips on beetle hunting, I'll make that a priority moving forward so I can finish more projects faster.

piggychan

hmmmm are people still meeting up over wifi on here? I haven't touched my game since beginning of Jan and I'm craving to get back into my town but I am a little fraid' that my dreamies have moved out.

Niraj

hmmmm are people still meeting up over wifi on here? I haven't touched my game since beginning of Jan and I'm craving to get back into my town but I am a little fraid' that my dreamies have moved out.

Not really lol, thread is pretty dead. There's another thread called "Who still plays Animal Crossing New Leaf?" where people were meeting up though.

LoveCake

Totally random.

Prima is giving their eGuide away for free (along with a load of others)
https://www.primagames.com/games/animal-crossing-new-leaf/products/animal-crossing-new-leaf-eguide

I know most of us don't really play much any more, and online is a better more updated resource, but y'know, it's free!

Thanks for this.

What do you mean don't play any-more? I play this for about 45-60mins everyday, I love it, I don't know what I will do when my 3DS breaks or I am unable to play it any-more on future 3DS systems :(

Niraj

So June 9th is the anniversary of when this game came out in the states back in 2013 :)

Cindro

So June 9th is the anniversary of when this game came out in the states back in 2013 :)
Wow - three years already?? Insane. And my house is still nowhere near as fly as I'd like it to be.

Still, what a wonderful little gem New Leaf is. The world is a much better place for its existence!

Top Bottom