• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

I haven't touched the game in a while but July is coming up. I still have a scorpion to catch. *growls*

Xanxus, if I remember, I'll try to add you tonight. I should do some weeding soon...

Marvie... the bush jokes. I has them.

herkkusieni

Neo Member
I'm a pretty new member here, hello! Is anyone here willing to give donate fruit? I have all but cherry, persimmon and lychee, finally going to finish my fruit garden :p

Or just add to visit my town, I welcome errbody
2809-9894-5748

Ghazi

I keep starting the game and spending twenty or thirty minutes cycling through town layouts and not finding one I like, but I just realized that I don't really know what I should be looking for when it comes to end game layouts. Any advice?

Wolfe

I keep starting the game and spending twenty or thirty minutes cycling through town layouts and not finding one I like, but I just realized that I don't really know what I should be looking for when it comes to end game layouts. Any advice?

My only recommendations for map layout are:

Town tree location - this was the one thing I didn't take into account with my layout and I ended up disliking the location which ended up being in the bottom right hand corner of town (and my beach is on the left hand side).

Recycle location - I made sure to get my recycle nice and close to the train track crossing since you'll likely be using it regularly off and online. Having it as close to the shopping district (or wahtever it is) as possible is your best bet.

Personal house location - the game is really good at sticking villagers in the worst spots and it's really easy to end up with another house in an awful spot in relation to your own. I found a layout with a nice bend in the river that let me place my house in a location that basically couldn't be disturbed by villagers. Also was able to plop a couple bridges down adjacent to it to clear up and issues with navigating to and from the house. (speaking of bridges you'll want to get those up asap too as villagers can and will place their houses so close to a bridge that if you destroy it you will be unable to rebuild it in the same location.)

NotSelf

I personally like everything on the same level like the shopping district.

fSD6HgS.jpg

Not shown but I had the roost cafe next to the train station and the police station next to town hall.

It took me three days to get this layout.

Linius

In hindsight I would have liked my recycle shop to be closer to the trainstation like mentioned. Have mine in the south. Which was a pain when I was dealing turnips in the first couple of months.

LoveCake

I think I picked the first map as well, been that long I cannot remember.

I just wish they had kept updating it, maybe allowing more animals to stay in the town, there is so much room :(

piggychan

I think I picked the first map as well, been that long I cannot remember.

I just wish they had kept updating it, maybe allowing more animals to stay in the town, there is so much room :(

you have a max of 10 neighbors and upto 4 players living in the same town.

Hello, I just got this game and it seems like the Fireflys disapear soon, and I rather not exploit with time travel. Is there anyone (europe) that can help me get the bug catch net?

My FC is 3325-6076-1494

-NeoTB1-

Hey everyone! I posted in here a while back, but recently decided to start playing again. Starting a new town. I'll go ahead and leave my FC. Hope to see/trade with you~

3110-7088-9946

Been working on those evil scorpions for 4 days. Catched 6/6 tarantulas without problems but finally got Scorpion tonight after messing up the first 5 I saw.

I had bigger problems diving for the Scallop. Probably took me like 6h swimming around at least to find it..

LoveCake

Logged into my game today, I play every day and I was told by Isabelle that a resident is leaving and that it was Mathilda, I went to Mathilda's house and she was already packed so that is it! I had no warning and she never said anything to me about moving, none of the other residents told me either, I have had them say things in the past about moving & I have said no to most of them, Mathilda is one of my original from (since I got the game when Nintendo were giving you a free digital game if you purchased three full games) I am not happy at all, there are a couple that I am sort of ok with and not mind so much if they moved, I have always still said no to them if they said they were thinking of leaving, and Mathilda was one of the ones that I would have kept no matter what.

On looking on the internet today, it seems that every so-often the game will roll the dice and one resident will leave no matter what, which must really be the case because I have spoken to Mathilda every day (as I play everyday) of course sometimes they are not around outside or in their house or in the shops/high street, I always thought that you always had at least one chance to stop the resident from moving, but alas this is not how it is.

This does bring me on to another issue, I had never played a Animal Crossing game before and picked New Leaf up when it was in a Nintendo buy three and get a forth game free, and I love the game now and don't want to every stop playing, and i don't really know what to do, one day I will have to stop, either I die myself or my 3DS dies, I do plan to get a new 3DS when Nintendo say they are going to stop making them because of all the other 3DS games I have, but mainly for New Leaf, but when that breaks that will be it :(

I have never been so attached to a game before and play about 45mins a day at work in my break-times, I feel that I have invested so much in it that I cannot just stop playing and leave the town and residents to fend for themselves (I know they are just pixels and code) but I think that it would be even worse if one day the 3DS didn't turn on, does anyone have any sort of advice < I must sound like a dick for asking this.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Logged into my game today, I play every day and I was told by Isabelle that a resident is leaving and that it was Mathilda, I went to Mathilda's house and she was already packed so that is it! I had no warning and she never said anything to me about moving, none of the other residents told me either, I have had them say things in the past about moving & I have said no to most of them, Mathilda is one of my original from (since I got the game when Nintendo were giving you a free digital game if you purchased three full games) I am not happy at all, there are a couple that I am sort of ok with and not mind so much if they moved, I have always still said no to them if they said they were thinking of leaving, and Mathilda was one of the ones that I would have kept no matter what.

On looking on the internet today, it seems that every so-often the game will roll the dice and one resident will leave no matter what, which must really be the case because I have spoken to Mathilda every day (as I play everyday) of course sometimes they are not around outside or in their house or in the shops/high street, I always thought that you always had at least one chance to stop the resident from moving, but alas this is not how it is.

This does bring me on to another issue, I had never played a Animal Crossing game before and picked New Leaf up when it was in a Nintendo buy three and get a forth game free, and I love the game now and don't want to every stop playing, and i don't really know what to do, one day I will have to stop, either I die myself or my 3DS dies, I do plan to get a new 3DS when Nintendo say they are going to stop making them because of all the other 3DS games I have, but mainly for New Leaf, but when that breaks that will be it :(

I have never been so attached to a game before and play about 45mins a day at work in my break-times, I feel that I have invested so much in it that I cannot just stop playing and leave the town and residents to fend for themselves (I know they are just pixels and code) but I think that it would be even worse if one day the 3DS didn't turn on, does anyone have any sort of advice < I must sound like a dick for asking this.

First of all, sorry to hear that. However, there's never a point where a villager just randomly leaves. You'll always have 5 days from the point the game decides that that villager will move to the point where they actually do. This post elaborates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122696014&postcount=17552

The easiest way to figure it out is to talk to either your tenth villager (who will never be the mover) or any villager that is inside their home when you start the game up (on any given day, if a villager starts inside their home, they will not be the one who is considering moving). I definitely do feel that they should make this a simpler process, or at least come right out and say it somewhere.

As for the rest, nothing you can really do I guess. Everything comes to an end at some point. Maybe you can transition to the new game, whenever that arrives.

LoveCake

First of all, sorry to hear that. However, there's never a point where a villager just randomly leaves. You'll always have 5 days from the point the game decides that that villager will move to the point where they actually do. This post elaborates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122696014&postcount=17552

The easiest way to figure it out is to talk to either your tenth villager (who will never be the mover) or any villager that is inside their home when you start the game up (on any given day, if a villager starts inside their home, they will not be the one who is considering moving). I definitely do feel that they should make this a simpler process, or at least come right out and say it somewhere.

As for the rest, nothing you can really do I guess. Everything comes to an end at some point. Maybe you can transition to the new game, whenever that arrives.

Thanks.

I know I have spoken to Matilda at least three times in the last week, I always go into a house if I see the light or smoke from the chimney and if I see them outside I always go to them and talk to them, I don't know.

I have taken some pictures of Matilda just now, and that's that :(

The issue is the last few that moved in are the ones I am not that fussed about and when I go out to town on saturday the last six or seven weeks on the sunday or monday there is a camper in my town, I have just never been taken with any of them.

Bluebear and Filbert are my favs and I have had them since day one.

I would only get the next Animal Crossing game if it was on handheld and also if my current New Leaf residents would move/port across, but that is never going to happen in a billion years, the only thing I can think of doing is one day setting the town ordnance to
"Keep Town Beautiful" talk to each resident once, take a photo of them and never play the game again, I know it sounds soppy, but I have to end it on my own terms because if the game got corrupted or my 3DS dies, I would be devastated ;(

If anyone wants to add me then please send a PM, I have not had anyone visit or been to visit anyone else's town in ages, all the people on my 3DS friends list don't play it anymore and the shutting down of SwapNote killed the game as we used to arrange visits that way.

Niraj

Thanks.

I know I have spoken to Matilda at least three times in the last week, I always go into a house if I see the light or smoke from the chimney and if I see them outside I always go to them and talk to them, I don't know.

I have taken some pictures of Matilda just now, and that's that :(

The issue is the last few that moved in are the ones I am not that fussed about and when I go out to town on saturday the last six or seven weeks on the sunday or monday there is a camper in my town, I have just never been taken with any of them.

Bluebear and Filbert are my favs and I have had them since day one.

I would only get the next Animal Crossing game if it was on handheld and also if my current New Leaf residents would move/port across, but that is never going to happen in a billion years, the only thing I can think of doing is one day setting the town ordnance to
"Keep Town Beautiful" talk to each resident once, take a photo of them and never play the game again, I know it sounds soppy, but I have to end it on my own terms because if the game got corrupted or my 3DS dies, I would be devastated ;(

If anyone wants to add me then please send a PM, I have not had anyone visit or been to visit anyone else's town in ages, all the people on my 3DS friends list don't play it anymore and the shutting down of SwapNote killed the game as we used to arrange visits that way.

Well, just talking to a villager doesn't do anything unless they have already decided to move. Otherwise, the only way they'll mention it is if they "ping" (show the surprised look and walk towards you).

I know what you mean. I've put in probably more time than most people have here, and my system got stolen earlier this year, and I was pretty depressed about losing it all. Thankfully a friend here helped me out and I got my town back, but if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have ever played again.

All this talk about villagers moving and restarting... I had Carmen leave last month when I stopped playing it for a week while I traveled for a job interview. I was so torn on restarting or just pushing through and trying to get her again when I could. I stuck with it. And I was able to get Felicity in my camp site the next day and Hazel moved out after Carmen did so it wasn't all bad.

Elija2

I know that feeling, man. I played this game every day since launch and I only finally quit a few months ago. I was busy during Easter and didn't have time to make my daily visit to my village, and I decided that since I missed one day I might as well quit the game cold turkey. I was working on arranging my town's flowers at the time too, so it's not like I ran out of things to do. I just knew that I'd have to move on eventually and it was easier to do so after having ended my daily streak.

The struggle of leaving your village behind is one of the many things constant in the Animal Crossing series. We all go through it eventually, some a bit easier than others.

Niraj

All this talk about villagers moving and restarting... I had Carmen leave last month when I stopped playing it for a week while I traveled for a job interview. I was so torn on restarting or just pushing through and trying to get her again when I could. I stuck with it. And I was able to get Felicity in my camp site the next day and Hazel moved out after Carmen did so it wasn't all bad.

Aw man, that sucks :(

I know that feeling, man. I played this game every day since launch and I only finally quit a few months ago. I was busy during Easter and didn't have time to make my daily visit to my village, and I decided that since I missed one day I might as well quit the game cold turkey. I was working on arranging my town's flowers at the time too, so it's not like I ran out of things to do. I just knew that I'd have to move on eventually and it was easier to do so after having ended my daily streak.

The struggle of leaving your village behind is one of the many things constant in the Animal Crossing series. We all go through it eventually, some a bit easier than others.

Damn. You had a good run man.

Marvie_3

Banned
I need Carmen in my town again. :(

Top Bottom