• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

LoveCake

Yeah, but all good things must come to an end.

That is, until the next Animal Crossing game.

I don't think I could transition to another AC game, I could never have it as a console game, I never played any of the AC games before and it (to me at least) can only be played as a handheld, I couldn't for example have to turn on the WiiU every single day for 45mins/60mins to play, also I could only play another AC game if somehow my current residents could move along also.

Well after Matilda left the other day ;( the new resident has moved in (the house plot is there anyway) and it's Sylvia another kangaroo so it is maybe not too bad :/

Robin64

GUYS

New Leaf is getting AN UPDATE.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html

You can scan amiibo cards to bring those villagers to your village.

And there's support for the amiibo party line, but I can't read what it does.

And it looks like there are villagers based on Callie and Marie too?

AND WISP IS BACK

CnyoEU0WcAA1HOb.jpg
CnyoE99XYAAwem0.jpg

Edit: Just grabbed Rover, Mabel, Kapp'n, Reese, Cyrus, KK Slider, Kicks, Resetti, Blathers, Timmy & Tommy, Celeste, and Lottie from Amazon UK for £38. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The menu option we all forgot will finally get some use!?

What a time to be alive.

Kind of cool that a 'bring your favourite villager to your town' option is becoming a reality, since I've seen a lot of wishes for that, though I personally won't use it.

Also funny that after posting Splatoon designs for New Leaf, Nintendo are giving us actual Splatoon items.

And I had no idea Amiibo had dropped so low in price. May get a few too.

Dak'kon

Woo, an update! I played again for 3 months earlier in the year but just recently stopped. They keep dragging me back in!

So do we not know what the Amiibo figures actually do? I've bought all of them apart from Lottie (because damn is she ugly) so I'm excited to have an actual use for them (beyond being the only AC figures I'll probably ever own.)

Now I'm also going to have to buy some cards as well... *sigh*

Chopper

I think I'm gonna buy my dream neighbour cards and reboot Buckland. I can't even believe I'm saying that.

Anyone got spare Bob or Kabuki cards?!

piggychan

ah damnit what to do?! If I boot up my old game save I will have to time travel back to december 2015 I think when I last played and then try and time travel daily to current time period in the hope that none of my villagers move out especially Stitches, Zucker and Marina.... that takes ages...T___T

12118889_1061016960589743_4259186063472131881_n.jpg

HNI_0086.jpg

HNI_0069-1.jpg

LoveCake

Bought 300k bells worth at ..110, stuff happened, and now I can only sell them at 50. :(

Did the content updates release in Japan only, or did the US/EUR versions of New Leaf also get the previous DLC shown here: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html?

Not sure if I can link to the guide, but search 'Island Fish/Beetle Farming Mini-Guide' on Game FAQ's site and do what it says in regards to the trees and also get a Bug price list, you can make that money back and more in half an hour.

Not sure if I can link to the guide, but search 'Island Fish/Beetle Farming Mini-Guide' on Game FAQ's site and do what it says in regards to the trees and also get a Bug price list, you can make that money back and more in half an hour.

Oh wow, will do. Thank you.

Only the most recent addition is an actual update, which isn't out yet. Previous stuff on there is just QR codes (click the pattern to get them) so work for everyone.

Thanks!

Lkr

just started playing this again. i bought turnips yesterday and i don't remember how much i paid for them. only being offered 83 bells for them, not sure what to do

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
just started playing this again. i bought turnips yesterday and i don't remember how much i paid for them. only being offered 83 bells for them, not sure what to do

Well you get two prices a day, one before noon, one after noon. 83 isn't great, and it could go up.

Lkr

Well you get two prices a day, one before noon, one after noon. 83 isn't great, and it could go up.

ok i'll look again later this afternoon. is there anyway to find out how much i bought them for? i doubt there is, but it would make things easier for me lol

Lkr

Does anyone have decent turnip prices in their town?

Edit: mine went from 70 bells yesterday to 110 today. Will this be my best offer?

Niraj

ok i think i'll wait to see what my PM price today is for that guide and ultimately make a decision. Based off of the info I know right now he says my best bet will be Friday morning. Is it possible to get an insane offer? Or will they be in the 100 range?

Hard to say offhand. Sometimes you can get big jumps, most of the time they're minor ones. I think the most I had was 546.

Just keep in mind that calculator works better if you know all your prices for the week.

Lkr

Hard to say offhand. Sometimes you can get big jumps, most of the time they're minor ones. I think the most I had was 546.

Just keep in mind that calculator works better if you know all your prices for the week.
Thanks I'll start a spreadsheet for next week now that I know. It's up to 171 now, not sure if I should wait until tomorrow morning at this point lol

Niraj

Thanks I'll start a spreadsheet for next week now that I know. It's up to 171 now, not sure if I should wait until tomorrow morning at this point lol

It's up to you if you want to gamble. If you want to hedge a bit, you could sell some now and keep some for tomorrow.

Robin64

50 BRAND NEW ANIMAL VILLAGERS

2qE9XQu.png

3uMXPfF.png

Plus reconfirmation of the existing card compatibility.

6HNdAhv.png

And a new version of the game for all this, which us existing owners get as a free update, out on November 25th.

RWbHOGi.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
New items are again confirmed, with some items from Happy Home making an appearance.

Hoping we can get them without the villager cards.

With a Direct dedicated to just this it sounds like it's quite a substantial update.

We need a new title! It is SO New Leaf now!

Niraj

They also said you get one of the new cards if you buy the new packaged version. And there's going to be a mini direct about it sometime soon.

Seems like the vehicles are in a separate area altogether (that sign doesn't look like the normal billboard at least). Wonder where it'll be in town.

Top Bottom