• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

The update for North America arrives on December 2, 2016.

Apparently new copies being shipped to retail will have the update included, I'm assuming it'll have new box art stating this fact.

Does anyone know if the new items/characters are coming to everyone, or if they are exclusive to the cards?

Unicorn

Just started replaying a few days ago. Weird timing. I have a boxed Resetti amiibo, just cause. Maybe I'll have a reason to snag more amiibo. But, what exactly is the functionality? I assume more detail will be given in November.

There's been two times where I almost bought my SO a 3DS/2DS and Animal Crossing. I guess this Christmas it will finally happen.

oh shit new neighbors and items?! Fuck yes!

Yeah I think they should have been doing updates like this for the life of the game. They could have just rolled HHD right into the main game as a side mode and charged a premium. I really want future AC titles to take this approach because it injects a lot of life and breadth into the game, and makes it feel a tad less shallow.

Anyway, I'm a regular in my town still, so I'm hype as fuuuuuuck about this.

LoveCake

Yeah I think they should have been doing updates like this for the life of the game. They could have just rolled HHD right into the main game as a side mode and charged a premium. I really want future AC titles to take this approach because it injects a lot of life and breadth into the game, and makes it feel a tad less shallow.

Anyway, I'm a regular in my town still, so I'm hype as fuuuuuuck about this.

Yeah same here, a update with new items every six months or so would have been great, even would have paid, I doubt I will ever leave my town 'Oak Leaf'.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does anyone know if the new items/characters are coming to everyone, or if they are exclusive to the cards?

Don't think it's been said definitively either way.

Guess I will actually have to update the OP at some point once we get more info. Or wonder if it might make more sense for there to just be a new thread when the update hits? Or could get this one shifted to gaming discussion at that point I guess at least temporarily?

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in. For the new update, is there plans to make a new thread, or do you think you'll likely just continue discussions here?

I planned on linking this thread from the amiibo card Trading Thread so I just wanted to be sure!

Thanks! And hey, you can join us over there if you have some more cards to swap!

Lkr

This game has so much depth outside of the bug catching simulator. When I bought it at launch I put 16 hours into it and never touched it again. Put 16 into it in the past week with no signs of slowing down. It's just so relaxing.

Only thing I hate is the 2DS mono speaker. Is it possible to transfer a save for this game? I remember the GameCube let you transfer it to a different memory card

I'm confused about the update. Do I gotta buy amiibo to get the benefits of it?

piggychan

This game has so much depth outside of the bug catching simulator. When I bought it at launch I put 16 hours into it and never touched it again. Put 16 into it in the past week with no signs of slowing down. It's just so relaxing.

Only thing I hate is the 2DS mono speaker. Is it possible to transfer a save for this game? I remember the GameCube let you transfer it to a different memory card

I'm confused about the update. Do I gotta buy amiibo to get the benefits of it?

only if you are OCD about collecting every item 100% :p

you might need to invest in one of these. NFC reader.
Nintendo-3DS-NFC.jpg

I wonder if you manage to collect all the new items from the amiibo stuff can it be ordered or traded over to players that don't have amiibo ?

Persona7

Banned
Anyone see a listing for the new version of animal crossing anywhere? I'll need to get it for my friend who doesn't have a NNID or regular internet access.

Jay RaR

I dropped 500 thou on turnips today, someone better have an amazing price in their town this week

You're prolly better off going to other forums to sell turnips at this time.

I recommend r/acturnips. Helped me get to 100 mil real quick in like 3 months.

Ah shiet I havent played this in a while and now I need to catch all august and september bugs and fish. This game is to hardcore for me to keep up.

Niraj

That Japanese bridge looks nifty. Is that new or a Happy Home import?

I didn't play HHD, so couldn't say.

Ah shiet I havent played this in a while and now I need to catch all august and september bugs and fish. This game is to hardcore for me to keep up.

Here's the August stuff (assuming your clock is still on August):

9421213392_3867e047a5_o.png

9418452369_715f5671fa_o.gif

And September:

9642891879_52b22d1dce_o.png

9646129956_af69f0f6d7_o.png

9642893711_8c1f6be3cf_o.gif

Keep in mind that the spiny lobster, mitten crab, sweet shrimp, and octopus only appear in the last half of the month. Also, salmon and king salmon will move up into the river after the 15th.

This is the stuff that will be gone after the first half:

9697582366_79fc277f05_o.png

Robin64

Nice of them. I can imagine a lot of people wanting to come back to check out the update who haven't played in a very long time.

Ey2UHxi.png

Even with that ordinance, after years of not playing, I'm sure there'll be at least a dozen, maybe several dozen weeds to take care of.

In fact, I should go ahead and clear my weeds before the update rolls. I doubt I'll ever get the silver or gold weeding badges, but any little helps...

Also, while I'm here, I need the My Melody furniture set. We... are getting it right? If not, I may have to resort to dubious means
or just buy the game for my Japanese 3DS

Elija2

Having to pull weeds isn't the reason I'm afraid of visiting my town, it's seeing which of my villagers moved away that scares me.

Having to pull weeds isn't the reason I'm afraid of visiting my town, it's seeing which of my villagers moved away that scares me.

I'm always in total control.

As soon as a villager says they're leaving, tell them to stay, save your game and don't load your game again. The next time you load your game (which can be months or years later), no villagers will be gone, since the game can't queue another villager to leave until you load the file on a new day.

Elija2

I'm always in total control.

As soon as a villager says they're leaving, tell them to stay, save your game and don't load your game again. The next time you load your game (which can be months or years later), no villagers will be gone, since the game can't queue another villager to leave until you load the file on a new day.

Yeah, I don't remember if I did that the last time I played though so I'm worried I'd be in for a terrible surprise if I were to return to my town.

javadoze

With this, I'm genuinely curious if the amiibo support isn't the only thing they're adding to the update.

For the love of Bob, give me some better inventory management and home decoration similar to HHD.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't really mind a villager moving. Need to have some changes in the village to keep things fresh.

I only have two AC amiibo and they are both Isabelle. I suspect she's not going to have the invite a villager to live in your village functionality.

Robin64

I expect the figures won't move in, but will probably give you a gift or something. Maybe some HHD furniture. They said they're compatible, so they need to do something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe Isabelle will give you the Mario Kart 8 costume that she failed to give you in the actual game despite her image being right there…

ReaperXL7

I just recently started playing this with my daughter, it's my first Animal crossing game but it's been fun trying to learn all the systems with her.

I do have a question though, I've gone to the "Island" a few times because I wanted to get a feel for the online community before letting my daughter mess with it at all, but it seems like there are a lot of people using Animal Crossing as some kind of Hook up service? I guess it's not entirely surprising since this can be such a social game but it's kind of weird to walk into sexting or people sharing numbers and adult conversation in a game that is very kid friendly otherwise.

I've seen some wild stuff in just a short amount of time and it's really put me off letting my daughter interact with that portion of the game at all to be honest.

Niraj

I just recently started playing this with my daughter, it's my first Animal crossing game but it's been fun trying to learn all the systems with her.

I do have a question though, I've gone to the "Island" a few times because I wanted to get a feel for the online community before letting my daughter mess with it at all, but it seems like there are a lot of people using Animal Crossing as some kind of Hook up service? I guess it's not entirely surprising since this can be such a social game but it's kind of weird to walk into sexting or people sharing numbers and adult conversation in a game that is very kid friendly otherwise.

I've seen some wild stuff in just a short amount of time and it's really put me off letting my daughter interact with that portion of the game at all to be honest.

Damn, really? Back in the day there would just be people begging for bells and holding you hostage lol. Yeah, I don't blame you for being hesitant in that case.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, the hostage business was so annoying. You get to the island and finally find the item you wanted only for some little bugger to trap you on the island forcing you to switch your system off.

Linius

Quite a shocker that conversations on the island have gone wilde these days. When I heavily played and visited the island a lot I've never encountered such persons even once.

And yeah, people holding you hostage were the worst.

hitgirl

Is the november update going to bring new content? I'd love to get back into Animal Crossing, but i'm a grown man and can't be buying Amiibo and cards. Just grown enough to be carrying around a Nintendo 3DS and will come back if there's new content..

Robin64

Is the november update going to bring new content? I'd love to get back into Animal Crossing, but i'm a grown man and can't be buying Amiibo and cards. Just grown enough to be carrying around a Nintendo 3DS and will come back if there's new content..

:|

hitgirl

Ah, gotcha. Upcoming direct I'll be locked in, hoping they dont hide much content behind the cards and figures. I'm happy for everyone that likes to buy Amiibos and cards, I actually had a GBA card scanner back in the day and loved that. But it's just not for me now adays, my distaste for physical media plays abit into it also.

-sdp

I lost interest in New Leaf after my file got corrupted for no reason and I lost everything I had and tons of hours lost. I've felt like getting into it again a few times but I don't have the time to put so many hours into a game I'm fairly familiar with so I kept waiting for a Wii U game which never came but with the update/push that's coming and I think that future AC games might connect somehow I'm thinking of re-starting again before the AC direct but I'm not sure.

It doesn't help that I found NL a bit disappointing, I didn't like being the mayor of the town, part of the charm is that I was one of them not the boss, I don't like being able to control every aspect of the city even if you can have things your way it takes a bit of the magic. Same thing with villagers, I remember they didn't leave all that often but here they seemed to leave every other day which of course you had the option to get them to stay but I also didn't like that since the lack of choice made the moments of your favorite villagers leaving bitter sweet.

Linius

I'm scared to boot up the game a bit. Hopefully no one moved to inconvenient places.

Anyways, there's gonna be more in the update then just amiibo support? A whole update would drag me back in no doubt.

Westraid

just looking through my album.

MXfdwFq.jpg
bNf8DSd.jpg
s
I remember this!! Man I should go back to my game too. I played again some time ago but my town is still in 2015 or so lol.

I'm scared to boot up the game a bit. Hopefully no one moved to inconvenient places.

If you're worried about that, create a new character, if someone plopped their house in a spot where they're destroying the complete infrastructure of your town, exit and repeat. If they're on a good spot, save the game when you can.
If you load with your mayor character, exiting the game will still save the villager iirc.

This also works with swapping villagers you may not want, but I believe the villagers that will possibly move in have a certain personality, ie the villager will only be a snooty type.
Don't have too much experience with that, though.

Linius

Yeah I know the tricks, think I wrote some of that for the OP way back :p

Last time I was too lazy to do so and it worked out fine. All my flowers survived, life is all about risks.

Robin64

Good seeing some of the old crew in those pics. Here's hoping the next iteration gets the massive GAF fanbase that this one did.

Top Bottom