• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If anyone needs art I have the following:

wistful painting
moody painting
gallant statue
nice painting
flowery painting

Niraj

R77paQ2.jpg

edit: done waiting for now, I guess let me know some other time

Robin64

Damn. Figured I'd use homebrew to pull my old town out of its Dream version, so I could at least get something back. Spent a good half hour trying to find the old code, finally found it in a July 2013 tweet, and... the Dream is gone. :(

Niraj

Damn. Figured I'd use homebrew to pull my old town out of its Dream version, so I could at least get something back. Spent a good half hour trying to find the old code, finally found it in a July 2013 tweet, and... the Dream is gone. :(

Sorry to hear :(

Frogstep

Was waiting for things to be less busy for me to get back into the ol' frog hood. This week I'm jumping back in!

Just a quick question, what's that thing you do to continue playing from the last time without having losing your villagers and your town lookin shit?
Couldn't find it in the OP or i just completely missed it, sorry. :p

Niraj

Was waiting for things to be less busy for me to get back into the ol' frog hood. This week I'm jumping back in!

Just a quick question, what's that thing you do to continue playing from the last time without having losing your villagers and your town lookin shit?

If you stopped playing on a day where you stopped somebody from moving, nobody will have moved in the interim. I'd imagine you could also change your system time/date to whenever you stopped playing to continue from that point, but I don't know that that's necessary. I'm not sure otherwise.

Westraid

Yeah Niraj is right, after you tell a villager not to move you can time travel as far as you want without losing any villagers. If you have a beautiful town ordinance your flowers will survive and you will have a few weeds but not super many.
You will get bed hair though. ovo

It's gonna be so fun playing again! Remember how we all visited each other's town for the snowman bingo? Ahh memories!

Robin64

This has been my 3DS theme for the past few months, but I think it might be time to change it.

1.png

Fine by me, though, autumn is my favourite month. I love the orange and gold look of everything, the crunchy leaves, and of course Halloween! And true to form, this new theme just came out in Japan. So I hope it comes here too!

animal-crossing-3ds-theme-autumn-banner.png

Frogstep

Ok cool, thanks guys. I'm 99.9% sure that I stopped playin on a day when a villager talked about moving.

Pulling the trigger and hitting continue! :O

edit: Aw man. We lost Croque, boys. I think Igot him from Milkham. ;(

Westraid

Ok cool, thanks guys. I'm 99.9% sure that I stopped playin on a day when a villager talked about moving.

edit: Aw man. We lost Croque, boys. I think Igot him from Milkham. ;(
Ah you could have checked on the charts app to see when you played last, login, play until someone asks to move and THEN time travel. That's how I did it at least.

Did you have only frog villagers before? :(

Niraj

edit: Aw man. We lost Croque, boys. I think I got him from Milkham. ;(

Jeremiah time? Or was there another frog you were trying to get back then?

Frogstep

Ah you could have checked on the charts app to see when you played last, login, play until someone asks to move and THEN time travel. That's how I did it at least.

Did you have only frog villagers before? :(

Yeah my town is a froggy town. I had 9 before cause I was trying to replace one with someone else I wanted.

It's not too bad though, Croque was a cranky and I was already rocking 2 cranky frogs. Still sad to see him go, though. :p

Jeremiah time? Or was there another frog you were trying to get back then?

The illusive Jeremiah. Remember how long I've been trying to get him lol?

We'll see how it goes this time. Not sure who can fill the other vacant spot, Drift?

Niraj

We'll see how it goes this time. Not sure who can fill the other vacant spot, Drift?

lol yeah man, and dude would always show up at my campsite instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one frog added with the new amiibo cards. If not a new villager altogether, maybe a returning one is possible. Looking at this list, I'd say it's possible that Emerald, Huck, Kakkun, Sunny, or Tad could be added. Actually, now that I look it over (and check his page), Huck was found in the HHD data, so I'd say he is pretty likely.

Frogstep

lol yeah man, and dude would always show up at my campsite instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one frog added with the new amiibo cards. If not a new villager altogether, maybe a returning one is possible. Looking at this list, I'd say it's possible that Emerald, Huck, Kakkun, Sunny, or Tad could be added. Actually, now that I look it over (and check his page), Huck was found in the HHD data, so I'd say he is pretty likely.

I haven't jumped into the card game yet (I know, I'm a monster). There's only a few frog ones in there right now that I would actually want to own and god knows how much I would need to spend to get them. D:

I would kill for any of those of those to return. They all look so cool!

Niraj

I haven't jumped into the card game yet (I know, I'm a monster). There's only a few frog ones in there right now that I would actually want to own and god knows how much I would need to spend to get them. D:

I would kill for any of those of those to return. They all look so cool!

I'm sure somebody would hook you up with a double whenever the new cards come out. I haven't gotten into any of that either, but I do have a Flurry card I was gifted :3

Westraid

I like the whole concept of the Amiibo Cards but they're so outrageously priced here I don't want to collect them. They're €7 for a pack with just 3 cards.
Back in the day, you could get a Pokemon booster pack with 11 cards for like 8.
Think I'll just look online for specific cards and get only those rather than wasting a fortune and hoping I get a card I'll like, since the majority of the villagers aren't cute enough that interesting to me.
Then I may get 5 of the new cards and be done with it lol. Maybe that Mitzi card from the old series because I'm still bummed she moved out.

Hope it gets some of the HHD features too. Watched my friend play it the other day and the new (food) items are so cute, would love to have those in New Leaf.
Also the villagers are actually doing stuff like sweeping the floor and interacting with their furniture rather than just walking back and forth until Judgement Day.

Yeah my town is a froggy town. I had 9 before cause I was trying to replace one with someone else I wanted.

It's not too bad though, Croque was a cranky and I was already rocking 2 cranky frogs. Still sad to see him go, though. :p

Oh I know, but I couldn't remember if you ever succeeded with stuffing your entire town with just frogs! I do recall you had Lily and she was so cute!
Which other frogs do you have?

You could f5 ACNL Adopt and pray someone puts a frog villager on there, and there's several people that offer other people's dream villagers on this board too.
The villagers on ACNL Adopt are always free. Used to be more villager offers, but there's still new updates every day.
I remember I missed out on 4 Vesta's before finally getting her to move into my town.

EDIT: I got Wart Jr. in my campsite today, I believe it's not guaranteed, but it's possible to get them to move to your town.
I you don't already have him, you're welcome to pick him up, Frogstep. :)

MicH

Just loaded up my town for the first time in a year (according to my villagers). Thankfully no one left, but after I spoke to everyone again Ankha immediately pinged me wanting to leave :lol

Cleanup was really not bad, though 90% of my town was covered in flowers already so weeds can only grow in very few places

Also, it's apparently Marshal's birthday tomorrow

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HHD designer has some really nifty things like alternative window designs which would greatly improve New Leaf. But honestly, I'm expecting a lot of the new additions to be saved for the next Animal Crossing.

Niraj

EDIT: I got Wart Jr. in my campsite today, I believe it's not guaranteed, but it's possible to get them to move to your town.
I you don't already have him, you're welcome to pick him up, Frogstep. :)

Unfortunately, you can't do that.

Marvie_3

Banned
HHD designer has some really nifty things like alternative window designs which would greatly improve New Leaf. But honestly, I'm expecting a lot of the new additions to be saved for the next Animal Crossing.
Yep. HHD seemed like a way for them to make some money developing new ideas for the next AC.

Frogstep

Yup, I had a full town of frogs at one point. Decided to change it up and cycle some other frogs in.
Jeremiah has been at the top of my list for quite some time and hopefully I can get him this time.

Currently I have in my town: Lily, Frobert, Puddles, Cousteau, Ribbot, Gigi, and Camofrog.

ACNL Adopt hasn't had a Jeremiah post since April so that's... lol.

Ah, guess my knowledge has dwindled after all this time.
Sorry, Frogstep. :(

I appreciate you looking out for me all the same. <3

edit: Well, shit. Today I saw that I have a new villager and not only is he not a frog but he parked his stupid house in a dumb location. Benedict you son of...

Niraj

Yup, I had a full town of frogs at one point. Decided to change it up and cycle some other frogs in.
Jeremiah has been at the top of my list for quite some time and hopefully I can get him this time.

Currently I have in my town: Lily, Frobert, Puddles, Cousteau, Ribbot, Gigi, and Camofrog.

ACNL Adopt hasn't had a Jeremiah post since April so that's... lol.

I appreciate you looking out for me all the same. <3

edit: Well, shit. Today I saw that I have a new villager and not only is he not a frog but he parked his stupid house in a dumb location. Benedict you son of...

Bummer man. That's not your tenth though, is it?

Frogstep

Bummer man. That's not your tenth though, is it?

Nah, he's my 9th. When I get my 10th I'll just have Benedict move once I get Jeremiah or whoever wants to take that vacant spot, no biggie.

Just gonna be weird seeing this chicken walking around my town and talking to my beautiful frogs. Why!

Velcro Fly

Thinking of playing this again once the amiibo update happens.

Not sure if I buy digitally, buy a second cart, or restart on my old cart.

I think digital this time around might be easier.

Robin64

Oh that's cool, some of the new villagers in the update are from Animal Forest e+, and have not been seen outside of that game until now. From the video, we see Vivian, Hopkins, Boyd, and Ike. Ellie is also there, from the original Animal Forest and Animal Crossing.

piggychan

oo just noticed an update for ACNL

EDIT:

OK I guess now I'm about 95% done with DQVII I am back on AC so if anyone wants help with stuff I can try and be there for ya's. UK GMT time tho.

Well it looks like Pashmina has left so now I have 2 spare spaces since the last villager that up and left was Boone.

Looks like Lobo will be moving in although Wolfgang who was really hard to pin down I hope I can keep lobo longer...
Cvi9jh3VYAAzx5v.jpg

Anson225

damn just started new leaf and i'm just busy catching bugs and selling fruits
it's been 10 years since i played wild world!

wonder what's in store this time... any tips for starters? still trying to do the down payment

piggychan

damn just started new leaf and i'm just busy catching bugs and selling fruits
it's been 10 years since i played wild world!

wonder what's in store this time... any tips for starters? still trying to do the down payment

unlock the island. Catching bugs and sharks is big money

piggychan

Can't figure this out!

I have alt characters but I can't seem to travel to other towns. when the Porter opens the gate their towns are not showing.

I got a photo and travel pass so...

I can't remember the life of me of what I need to do..

piggychan

my 10th villager decides to settle on a spot. I don't think too much got removed.
So it's another cranky personality and another wolf...

WVW69jv_ZFQDekfmg_

Top Bottom