• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

mantidor

I finally decided to organize all my junk, because I have a whole lot.

I started with my gyroids, from what I'm gathering slim and squat types are really rare, right? Completing this collection seems almost impossible.

colon

Can't figure this out!

I have alt characters but I can't seem to travel to other towns. when the Porter opens the gate their towns are not showing.

I got a photo and travel pass so...

I can't remember the life of me of what I need to do..

It's possible they might have only opened their gates for best friends. Are your alt characters best friends with the people you wanted to visit?

piggychan

It's possible they might have only opened their gates for best friends. Are your alt characters best friends with the people you wanted to visit?

ah that could be it..... I was thinking whether it had anything to do with dr Shrunk .. >__<

EDIT:

haha just went online with someone new... forgotten how much trust is needed in this game during first encounters when visiting each others towns!

Robin64

Fine by me, though, autumn is my favourite month. I love the orange and gold look of everything, the crunchy leaves, and of course Halloween! And true to form, this new theme just came out in Japan. So I hope it comes here too!

animal-crossing-3ds-theme-autumn-banner.png

Update! This theme comes out this week in Europe, when the theme shop updates, at €1.99/£1.79. Yass!

Robin64

Don't forget there's a Direct tomorrow!

MPaolGo.png

Europe: 3PM
UK: 2PM
North America (EST): 10AM
North America (PST): 7AM
Japan: 11PM

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Think I'll stick to this thread for talking about the Direct. The thread posted on Gaming Side is far too negative.

Westraid

Hmm new furniture would be fun. But I don't wanna buy cards for it :/

I think they may work similar as they did in Happy Home Designer, so that you can buy the cards and get them right away, but also wait and have them show up in the trailer park thing randomly similar to the campsite.

Robin64

And anyway, some of us will be getting cards and if the furniture does come with them then hopefully it's also orderable.

I already have every amiibo figure, I wonder what those do in this.

I currently have a pack of cards (lucky enough to get Tangy and Rover in the same pack) as well as Nook, Villager, Mabel, and Rover amiibo figures. I'm really excited to see everything featured in the update.

Robin64

Huh, missed this bit initially:

Tap select non-Animal-Crossing™ amiibo™ figures to access new items unique to those characters

Which is good for me, I have basically the entire Smash set, plus a bunch of others. :D

Linius

Shit, they're gonna make me buy cards innit

EDIT

Frogstep be like I don't need amiibo cards to have a town full of frogs

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's cool that you can play a couple games with the AC Amiibo. Puzzle League is always fun.

I would have missed this if I hadn't seen your updates, Robin. :D

I have definitely neglected my town the past few months but holy crap this update is nuts. I only wish this would have happened in the summer when I needed more modivation to play to get that $!?# scorpion.

Really great that they've injected new content though. Need to start popping into this thread more often again. ^_^

Linius

I only hope that there won't be new items locked behind amiibo's/cards. And I wonder how you can get the N3DS and Wii U in game.

If you're lucky enough to get some new &#8211; but somewhat familiar... &#8211; items

This is what they say about that on the website. So maybe fortune cookie items or something?

And I see you can connect your HHD save data to get all the HHD furniture in New Leaf. Also great they added the way of decorating your house from HDD to NL.

Robin64

I looove the Initiatives system! Little tasks to complete for currency, that should be a nice little thing to take part in.

Niraj

You get 10 MEOW coupons from Isabelle after you start up and she explains a few things

That was a lot more than I was expecting. The Initiatives system seems really cool.

Kinda regretting re-doing my town yesterday now as some extra starting bells would have been nice... oh well.

Robin64

If kotaku is right you can only acquire the N3DS/Wii U ingame by tapping one of AC amiibo figurines :/

I'm almost sure the campsite item for sale is a random one of every possible amiibo item, so that people without amiibo can eventually get them all.

Edit: Also, the Happy Home Designer furniture placement system is! I remember everyone was basically begging for that when we saw it in HHD, so that's awesome.

I'd be tempted to restart a new town if I could keep all my furniture. I don't have the heart to part with all the awesome stuff I've collected thanks to you guys throughout the year. :/

Also, just curious... but did anyone here actually collect all the animal crossing cards? I couldn't even finish off series one. Maybe collected 75% and just couldn't put anymore money into it. :/

I might go for these new rv cards if they don't go nuts with them like the other ones.

Niraj

Interesting, so I have Pave at the campground right now, and I can order the berliner item from his RV, which you can normally only get on Countdown, Germany only. That's nice of them to do.

Linius

I'm almost sure the campsite item for sale is a random one of every possible amiibo item, so that people without amiibo can eventually get them all.

Edit: Also, the Happy Home Designer furniture placement system is! I remember everyone was basically begging for that when we saw it in HHD, so that's awesome.

Hmm yeah that could be true.

I probably will buy one of the Amiibo though. And maybe a few packs of cards once. Not gonna collect it all.

The town intiatives, new furniture, mini games, extra storage and HHD furniture placement are top stuff!

Robin64

Oh hey

Eurogamer said:
Any character you invite with house data from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer will move in with the house you made for them. (Your 3DS will automatically import data if it detects an AC: HHH save).

Neat touch.

Top Bottom