• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Roto13

New Leaf GAF never forgets one of their own.

Fortune Cookie #56 is a Labrador Ornament, which looks just like a Nintendog model.

#51 is the Wii U.

So that's how you get the Wii U and 3DS. I wonder how many new prizes there are. I already have the original 50 and you can only get a couple per day....

Disappointing that I have to wait until I can get that lamp before I can scan amiibo, too. I guess that's just how Animal Crossing rolls, though. Slow drip of upgrades and new things to do.

Also, hi, GAF.

Robin64

Sadly they didn't improve Rover showing you only four towns and having to reset if you don't like any. (I rarely like any)

I'm restarting, my town is valued at around 12 million Bells

WVW69jxKemQ1to_4Ws

Linius

So that's how you get the Wii U and 3DS. I wonder how many new prizes there are. I already have the original 50 and you can only get a couple per day....

Disappointing that I have to wait until I can get that lamp before I can scan amiibo, too. I guess that's just how Animal Crossing rolls, though. Slow drip of upgrades and new things to do.

Also, hi, GAF.

So fortune cookies after all. That's gonna be a grind.

Hmm, fortune cookie grind, huh?

Well, I got 53 today, which is a Chihuahua ornament. So close yet so far.

EDIT: Sanrio cards launch on 25th November, at least in the UK. Ooooh, can't wait.

EDIT2: What, Olivia wants to buy my Instruction Manual. Um, didn't expect that.

Robin64

So far then..

#51 - White Wii U
#52 - Black Wii U
#53 - Chihuahua Ornament
#54 - Dalmatian Ornament
#55 - Dachshund Ornament
#56 - Labrador Ornament
#57 - 3DS
#58 -
#59 -
#60 -

Westraid

To answer my own question from the previous page:
It's possible to buy RV furniture in other people's towns.
HOWEVER, you can only get three items per day, and this includes unsent items!

So in case anyone doesn't like their current camper, I have Bunny T. Zipper, which has these items:
zipper0gqna.png

Egg series: Wall/Floor/Chair/Table
Bunny Hood
Donburi*
Hot Plate
Imperial Pot*
Omelet*

*)New items

I'm behind on the current date, so I'll wait for an hour or so in case anyone wants to drop by before tt'ing a day further until I hit today's date.

Robin64

Okay, that's super cool you can visit other towns RVs. I'll have to set up some special ones, like the figures, for people to nab from!

Robin64

My RV visitor right now is Blanca, who has:

white brick wall
yellow flooring
cabana armchair
cabana bed
cabana lamp
cabana table
cat tower
crayons
daisy tee
jester shirt
makeup case

Cat tower was a downloadable item, wasn't it? I guess that's pretty cool. I don't know if any of those things are new to New Leaf, though, I am so out of date with it all. :)

pariah164

I would restart... but I think about how long it took me to get my mermaid house and all my items and I can't bring myself to do it.

Roto13

I wonder how those Zelda characters work. Wonder if the characters are random or if they're tied to specific amiibo.

_h8bit

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked already, I'm just super unclear on all the avenues it works - is my RV campsite going to be empty until Dec 2 when the new cards come out or will villagers camp there automatically? I've seen some pics of people in this thread with RV's already and i'm just a little confused :x

Roto13

Sorry if this has been asked already, I'm just super unclear on all the avenues it works - is my RV campsite going to be empty until Dec 2 when the new cards come out or will villagers camp there automatically? I've seen some pics of people in this thread with RV's already and i'm just a little confused :x

Someone will show up every day and you can scan amiibo to bring in specific people. There's probably always someone there.

I want a Harv amiibo.

Owari

:( I was really hyped to check up this update, but when I booted AC my village save was gone. Should I just start a new as a broke dude? :( I have so many cards and amiibo I wanna try out.

Westraid

Seems like the items bought from Harvey are not orderable. Got the Sushi Menu and checked it at the T&T.

:( I was really hyped to check up this update, but when I booted AC my village save was gone. Should I just start a new as a broke dude? :( I have so many cards and amiibo I wanna try out.
I'd try and google if there's any way of getting your town back.
But if all is lost, why not try again? The update brings lots of people back, and I'm sure people would want to help you out with ordering items etc. :)
You can set the date back and timetravel to go through things faster too.

Owari

I'd try and google if there's any way of getting your town back.
But if all is lost, why not try again? The update brings lots of people back, and I'm sure people would want to help you out with ordering items etc. :)
You can set the date back and timetravel to go through things faster too.

Great idea. I'll have to try that out. At any rate, would I need to update my other game and 3DS to be able to trade to this one? I'm afraid to update that one now heh, but theres some bells on there.

piggychan

My RV visitor right now is Blanca, who has:

white brick wall
yellow flooring
cabana armchair
cabana bed
cabana lamp
cabana table
cat tower
crayons
daisy tee
jester shirt
makeup case

Cat tower was a downloadable item, wasn't it? I guess that's pretty cool. I don't know if any of those things are new to New Leaf, though, I am so out of date with it all. :)

I got blanca too.

WVW69jxKWbYlFLJPUt

Chopper

Also, hi, GAF.
Well, God damn.

The old crowd really is back.

Fuck it. I'm in.

Roto13

Well, God damn.

The old crowd really is back.

Fuck it. I'm in.

This is the one thing that can bring me back. Well, this and Pokemon. Gotta get them starters somehow.

OP on Reddit found out how to get him to show up, but atm it's all partly guessing work.

I feel like it's probably not tied to the storage room because that would mean you couldn't use amiibo functionality until you fully upgrade your house. Fine for us oldbies but tough shit for new players.

I don't remember the last time I visited this thread. I adored New Leaf but it unfortunately got left aside as I played so many other games and went through part of my backlog. With all this news though it looks like now is a good time to get back into it. Now I just have to decide if I want to restart my town or not.

Robin64

Wisp just appears on the second day of play since the update. I started on the 26th and am now on the 27th, and Wisp just appeared as I was wandering around.

I scanned Villager. This is how it went:

"What?! Can it be..?
"I'm sorry, but this villager is far too legendary for me to possess."

So I said "Oh, come on!"

"Sigh... Look, I really can't possess this villager, but maybe I can find the real deal for you.
Meet me at the campground, OK?
Well, I suppose it's time for me to disappear."

hni_0033weuyu.jpg
hni_0035acubj.jpg

Edit:

lunar horizon
galaxy floor
GameCube drawer
NDS Lite bench
Nintendo bench
Nintendo DSi bench
villager statue
Wii Remote cabinet
Wii U console

Roto13

Wisp just appears on the second day of play since the update. I started on the 26th and am now on the 27th, and Wisp just appeared as I was wandering around.

"What?! Can it be..?

So I said "Oh, come on!"

"Sigh... Look, I really can't possess this villager, but maybe I can find the real deal for you.

hni_0033weuyu.jpg
hni_0035acubj.jpg

Edit:

lunar horizon
galaxy floor
GameCube drawer
NDS Lite bench
Nintendo bench
Nintendo DSi bench
villager statue
Wii Remote cabinet
Wii U console

:eek: Is that the same Wii U that lets you play the minigame? I have that amiibo.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So far then..

#51 - White Wii U
#52 - Black Wii U
#53 - Chihuahua Ornament
#54 - Dalmatian Ornament
#55 -
#56 - Labrador Ornament
#57 - 3DS
#58 -
#59 -
#60 -

(Also I bet 55 is a Daschund Ornament, because then that would cover the four Nintendogs cover dogs)

Can confirm #55 is the Dachshund Ornament

WVW69jxLNDo7qPL_eL

LOL at the Villager statue. Is it, er, possible to get that (and the other items) by visiting somebody with the Amiibo?

Well, I suppose I can always leech off somebody at our next local StreetPass event.

Linius

Sweet, of course we all have the villager amiibo.

By the way, it's possible to see your town's worth without having to sell? I'm curious to be honest :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Don't know if this is NA only, but there is an Isabelle My Nintendo theme for 100 platinum coins

"What?! Can it be..?

So I said "Oh, come on!"

hni_0033weuyu.jpg
hni_0035acubj.jpg

Edit:

lunar horizon
galaxy floor
GameCube drawer
NDS Lite bench
Nintendo bench
Nintendo DSi bench
villager statue
Wii Remote cabinet
Wii U console

Oh my God! I need to find Wisp ASAP.

Oxx

I downloaded the update, but it's a bit daunting to even reacquaint myself with the game as a whole.

It has been a long time.

Anyone here know exactly how the town selling works? Does it let you reset your name/appearance/etc? I'm kind of considering starting from scratch but was curious just how in-depth they allow you to get with this restart.

Robin64

Weird. I scanned Celeste, asked to hang out, then Wisp was all "Oh, sorry, the real Celeste is asleep right now" and left.

Roto13

http://nintendowire.com/blog/2016/11/02/can-now-boot-unwanted-villagers-animal-crossing-town/

Can anyone confirm whether this allows you to boot out your tenth villager (who normally can't move)?

My beloved Eugene moved out when I didn't play for a while. I have his amiibo card, though. Was in the first pack I got. I can get him back. ;___;

EDIT: Actually, my town is mostly villagers I don't care about now. Most of my good ones left, except for Bob. I can get a couple of my old favourites back and I'm cool with just moving in all the Zelda ones if I can get them with my four Zelda amiibo. :p (Don't have Shiek or Toon Link.)

Top Bottom