• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Linius

Didn't even think of your restart, will drop you some bells next time. It's not as if I'm ever going to spend those 70 million :p

Well maybe, for some of the luxury stuff from Nook's top level shop.

Westraid

pascalaosg5.png

Pascal without his hat is eh.. different.

Lemme know if anyone wants to visit, these are his items:

Sea View
Ship Deck
Beach Chair
Large Bookshelf
Lily-pad Table
Pondering (it's the clam shell music player)
Sea Globe
Stack of Books
Treasure Chest

Seaglobe is a rare item you can only get at the Island shop, stack of books is a new item.

I'll be afk for roughly 20 minutes but then I can open the gates for whoever wants it.
I'm still catching up to the date so I get a lot of RV visitors in one rl day lol.

Chopper

pascalaosg5.png

Pascal without his hat is eh.. different.

Lemme know if anyone wants to visit, these are his items:

Sea View
Ship Deck
Beach Chair
Large Bookshelf
Lily-pad Table
Pondering (it's the clam shell music player)
Sea Globe
Stack of Books
Treasure Chest

Seaglobe is a rare item you can only get at the Island shop, stack of books is a new item.

I'll be afk for roughly 20 minutes but then I can open the gates for whoever wants it.
I'm still catching up to the date so I get a lot of RV visitors in one rl day lol.
Is the claim shell player new too?

scamander

Banned
Haha, holy crap you guys, thanks for all the money and fruits and stuff. This is an awesome boost to a new town! <3

Couldn't contribute much because I just started over as well, but left you some peaches, including a perfect one. You already have those, but at least you can sell them. :)

Westraid

I can visit you, but I'm not sure if we exchanged fc before. Mine is 2234-7257-0692.

Is the claim shell player new too?
Nope, if you find a Big Clam Shell and a song and give it to Cyrus he makes a music player that plays the song of your choice.

Chopper

I can visit you, but I'm not sure if we exchanged fc before. Mine is 2234-7257-0692.

Nope, if you find a Big Clam Shell and a song and give it to Cyrus he makes a music player that plays the song of your choice.
Ah yes. Of course.

I'll add you now. That'd be great, thanks.

pariah164

Okay, I have made up my mind: if Margie has moved out in my absence, I will restart. If she's still there, I'll just pull the weeds and do my best.

Westraid

I saw someone say that the HHD house designing toolkit is in NL now? I synced my data but how do I access that stuff?

You have to order the Storage Room first, then the next time, visit Nook and Lottie will be there with a small tutorial and then you can organise your furniture like in HHD.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess we could consider organising a furniture set swap again to help everyone who's starting again to fill up their catalogues.

I can't find Wisp anywhere. Why does Nintendo do this to me?

Is your town still open Robin? Feel like adding a new friend so I can grab that stuff from the RV? I can bring you like any painting you could possibly imagine as payment.

Edit: I added you. My code is 3480-2542-5937 if you feel like adding me back.

woxel1

Gracie's in my town and is a painful reminder that I stopped short of getting the department store. Naturally I have no Modern clothing. ANIMAL CROSINNGGGG!!!

pariah164

After updating and restarting this game...

Not only is Margie still here...

CHADDERS. IS. GONE.

MXaLbQk.gif

Jbm8cBa.gif

JHIT6UV.gif

Goodbye/sayonara/arrivederci and good riddance. Stay gone, you rat-shaped piece of shit.

Fireblend

Banned
So how are the 3ds/wii u minigames? I'm pretty excited about trying them once they actually show up for me. Do we know what amiibos other than Tom Nook have them? I don't have him unfortunately.

Edit: Adding some of you guys; my FC is 1779-0023-0121

Re-added you, Robin. I didn't realize I never added your new 3DS. Would explain why I never saw you online. :/

I'm going to get things restarted with my town tonight but I probably won't be able to spend as much time with AC like I used to. When I am home and have the chance to open up for anyone, I will. Gourde knows I have enough amiibos to keep the RVs rolling. Heh.

Chopper

I've had a wonderful time in my first day back in New Leaf. Thanks everyone!

One question though: Is the new HHD style house organisation locked behind the HHD save file?

I've had a wonderful time in my first day back in New Leaf. Thanks everyone!

One question though: Is the new HHD style house organisation locked behind the HHD save file?

No, but it sounds like it is locked behind the Secret Storeroom from Nook's Homes.

Every playable character has to sit through the train ride with Isabelle. The tutorial for moving furniture. Bitching about HHA from....Dwight? Whatshisname. An explanation of a new loan thingy from Nook. I KNOW, OK? JUST LET ME WALK AROUND.

Westraid

Some of the Camper NPCs and their items that are newly added with the update.
Bunny T. Zipper: Donburi, Imperial Pot, Omelet
Jingle: White Wood Floor, Gift Pile
Joan: Daimyo's Tray, Floor Seat, Zen Tea Set
Pascal: Stack of Books
Tom Nook: Terra-cotta floor, New Nintendo 3DS, Nook's Homes Car, Nook's Homes Mat, Sacks of money, Sales graph, Wii U Console

What do you guys like your town layout to look like?

I personally like having Re-Tail close to the beach (for easy money)

I didn't realize it at the time, but having as little ponds as possible leaves you with more building space. My town has three lol.

Elija2

Wendell is parked in my town and he's got a sloppy sink and table. Do people still care about those? I can open my gate if anyone wants to come buy them.

Chopper

Some of the Camper NPCs and their items that are newly added with the update.
Bunny T. Zipper: Donburi, Imperial Pot, Omelet
Jingle: White Wood Floor, Gift Pile
Joan: Daimyo's Tray, Floor Seat, Zen Tea Set
Pascal: Stack of Books
Tom Nook: Terra-cotta floor, New Nintendo 3DS, Nook's Homes Car, Nook's Homes Mat, Sacks of money, Sales graph, Wii U Console

I didn't realize it at the time, but having as little ponds as possible leaves you with more building space. My town has three lol.
Terra-cotta floor is new? Dammit.

Wendell is parked in my town and he's got a sloppy sink and table. Do people still care about those? I can open my gate if anyone wants to come buy them.

Oh man! The Sloppy Set? I need to find out who has the rest of that so I can finish my bedroom.

Edit: I just saw on Twitter that the Monster Hunter Amiibo are compatible with the US version of New Leaf! :eek:

Cindro

Waaait a minute, there's a freaking New Game + mode now??

How many Bells do you get for restarting? Do you get anything else? What are the conditions for unlocking?

And most importantly - am I a bad enough hombre to pull the trigger?!?

Westraid

wvw69jxoqfe0butcdv7zuok.jpg

Puzzle League is pretty fun! Apparently Amiibo will unlock special techniques.
I don't have any, nor an NFC reader so I can't try them out, but it's a neat addition.

Got in late and won't be able to do much tonight... but man it is fun to come back and see this thread alive. So many familiar names. It's like a pseudo school reunion of sorts. Can't wait to play some more. Booting villagers might be the best update yet. Now if we can just have an option to "favorite" one or two to prevent them from leaving. :D

MicH

I kind of want to get some Amiibo cards but fuck the European packs. Only 3 cards per pack? And one is always a special character? Get out.

Need to find some place to import US packs from

So we've got 50 returning villagers from past games, 6 Sanrio themed villagers, 4 Legend of Zelda themed villagers, 3 Splatoon themed villagers, Felyne from Monster Hunter, Filly from the 7/11 crossover, and some brand new Hamster based on a Japanese mascot character I'm not familiar with.

So 66 additional villagers total, and 2 additional special NPCs. (Wisp & Harvey.)

Roto13

Tom Nook has:

office wall
terra-cotta floor
golf bag
New Nintendo 3DS
Nook's Homes car
Nook's Homes mat
racoon wall clock
sacks of money
sales graph
Wii U console

Just waiting on Chopper to add me now before I open.. tum tee tum.

Guess I know who I'm scanning first.

piggychan

oh has anyone linked their happy home save file yet?

I got lottie sending me a letter and gift with nook's home model

CwTyBhGUcAAPXkN.jpg:large

EDIT:

Plus is the clothes hanging new? I don't remember it o_O

CwTh5ZLUUAAD5Sm.jpg

pariah164

All right. Two questions:

- How do I access that reset screen?

and

- Is there any way for me to link HHD data when both my AC:NL and HHD games are retail?

Frogstep

Yooooooo! Huck, Tad and Raddle! You were right Niraj, lol.
Definitely need to start making plans to get these bros in when the time comes.

Just saw the direct and am eager to dive in tomorrow morning!

RanoNL

I read something about the way you place your furniture got an overhaul. It should be more like HHD where you use your touchscreen to move stuff. And that your inventory has been upgraded.

I downloaded the update. I see the welcome Amiibo logo. But none of the above has changed.

Linius

I read something about the way you place your furniture got an overhaul. It should be more like HHD where you use your touchscreen to move stuff. And that your inventory has been upgraded.

I downloaded the update. I see the welcome Amiibo logo. But none of the above has changed.

Unlock it at Nook's first. It's still AC breh, everything at a slow pace.

Top Bottom