• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Linius

Hehe. I was not in a relaxed mode.

Visit nook when he's opened up at 10am to order the extra storage. The HHD furniture tool should also be locked behind that.

Met Wisp this morning and scanned my villager amiibo, pretty cool! Also got nooks office model from lottie.

Robin64

Heh, Isabelle in casual clothing. This was from scanning the Summer Isabelle amiibo, I guess the Winter one might have different stuff in here.

WVW69jxRQpUjgcNMTI

green wall
modern wood flooring
alpine bed
apline low table
alpine panel
basket chair
Isabelle scooter
natural lamp
New 3DS - Isabelle
PA system
town-hall spring top
Wii U console

Yep, she has a unique 3DS, with her coverplate on. This one actually:

Edit: Oh, just realised! That's her scooter from Mario Kart 8!

Edit2: Also, while you have Isabelle as a camper, you can't do town hall stuff. She's left someone in charge there, but he explains he has no idea what he's doing..

WVW69jxRebcj8wXDr6

Edit3: Ahhhh shit. Harvey. 'arvey. RV. Sigh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Found my old town layout plan file, where I had counted every single square of my town. Think I might change things up a bit to have something to aim for. Sure, it was an achievement to cover half the town with red, white and blue roses to draw the Union Jack, but at the same time, it means half the town is really strong in read, white and blue and it can be a bit much.

The other half of town is just spammed with flowers. I can't even remember doing that. This is almost worse than weeds!

Well at least I have my secret storage room now. Time to clean up the town square!

Linius

Yeah I need to clean up too, that extra storage is great. I do have a hoarding problem though. I already have a secondary character with filled up closet space. I have my own closet space maxed out. I got a shit ton of stuff saved up in letters. And I have some stuff in my town. And well, obviously my houses are decorated too :lol

Think I'm also gonna do some stuff with the PWP's again. Shake up my town a bit.

oh has anyone linked their happy home save file yet?

I got lottie sending me a letter and gift with nook's home model

CwTyBhGUcAAPXkN.jpg:large

EDIT:

Plus is the clothes hanging new? I don't remember it o_O

CwTh5ZLUUAAD5Sm.jpg

Yeah. You also unlock all of the giant items, which can be ordered from the catalog machine (it's not required to have unlocked them in HHD first). Apparently the homes you've designed will be used for the corresponding villagers if they move to your town.

Chaos17

@Robin64: You may have convinced me to invest in an UC adapter and buy Isabelle amiibo *try to not buy otherwise I will to buy the sister plattoon amiibo too, lol*

Westraid

@Robin64: You may have convinced me to invest in an UC adapter and buy Isabelle amiibo *try to not buy otherwise I will to buy the sister plattoon amiibo too, lol*
Same here.
I really regret not getting the ACNL Amiibo when they were like three bucks each. (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

Robin64

You can probably find Wii U's amiibo Festival for dirt cheap, which has two figures (Winter Isabelle and Digby) and three cards. On Amazon UK, that's the price of a normal single amiibo figure.

Edit: Turns out there is a good reason to do well at the Puzzle League game!

294WuTt.png

Edit2: And as speculated, asking about Harvey's wifi brings in special visitors. Japan has one running right now!

Edit3: Japan's new official Dream Town address is 0000-000F-4241

Edit4: The set of 6 Sanrio cards are up for preorder on the official UK store. They'll set you back a fiver. Nabbed myself 5 Welcome packs and the Sanrio pack.

Linius

You can probably find Wii U's amiibo Festival for dirt cheap, which has two figures (Winter Isabelle and Digby) and three cards. On Amazon UK, that's the price of a normal single amiibo figure.

Cheers, didn't realise it's so cheap. Just ordered one from my local gameshop for 18 euros.

Westraid

I apparently watched the American Nintendo Direct (Via a YT link since I was at work when it went live), so I only now find out that Europe (and the rest of the world?) get the Amiibo Cards on November 11 rather than December 2.
Really surprised about that, figured it'd be worldwide, or that Europe would lag behind (as always) because the names usually get translated to other languages too.

Better hurry and get that NFC reader! I encountered Wisp yesterday and he was gone so fast when he figured out I had none.

I'm guessing/hoping there won't be special NPCs so we can get 6 cards in a pack like the US too. It's bad enough that they're outrageously priced here. Store closeby has the older cards for EUR 8 for one pack of three. :\
EDIT: Darn, three cards again. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Robin64

I'm guessing/hoping there won't be special NPCs so we can get 6 cards in a pack like the US too. It's bad enough that they're outrageously priced here. Store closeby has the older cards for EUR 8 for one pack of three. :\

There are no special NPCs, but we still only get 3 in a pack, aside from the Sanrio pack which has all 6.

Chopper

I have Joan in my campsite, and she has three new items: Floor Seat, Zen Tea Set and Daimyo's Tray. She also has the Zodiac Boar. I'm around for about an hour if anyone wants to stop by.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I apparently watched the American Nintendo Direct (Via a YT link since I was at work when it went live), so I only now find out that Europe (and the rest of the world?) get the Amiibo Cards on November 11 rather than December 2.
Really surprised about that, figured it'd be worldwide, or that Europe would lag behind (as always) because the names usually get translated to other languages too.

Hello Kitty (the character) is British so of course we'd get her card set promptly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can confirm you get the HHD functionality the next day. The tutorial (or seminar as they call it) is really quick too so it doesn't take long either.

But yeah, it's tied to the storage room upgrade.

Robin64

The new Gossip Stone item (from Zelda) has some things it can tell you. One of them is the classic BOING BOING the time is X, but also:

"The fertilizer is way better than it used to be! You can even use it to revive withered trees..."
"I hear Gracie isn't her real name..."
"I heard that presents that float into town on balloons are a little different than they used to be... At least, if you've already collected all of the regular balloon furniture..."
"I hear that Tom Nook has a new home-storage solution... Ask him about a new home plan to see..."
"You can't squeeze water from a stone, but I hear sometimes you can smash a coin loose from one."
"I hear that Pelly likes Pete, but Pete likes Phyllis, but Phyllis doesn't like anyone..."
"You can make ID photos black and white by holding [L] while taking them, or sepia toned by holding [R]"
"Did you know Brewster serves... special... blends at the Roost on Valentine's Day?"
"I hear that so long as a chair doesn't have a back, you can put little things on the seat."
"I hear Dr. Shrunk doesn't mind if you swap out the gyros in CLUB LOL with your own."
"You can look up keywords in the Nookling Junction catalog now. It's not just product names anymore!"
"Just having a magic lamp, or even putting it down in your room, won't do anything. But you might try..."
"I hear Brewster is quite the gyroid collector..."
"If you ever get the Nintendo 3DS item, try turning it on..."
"If you hold (A) while walking up to a bug with your net ready, your prize is less likely to fly away."

Westraid

Interesting! I didn't know about the fertiliser and the black and white photos yet.

Oh btw Robin, Redd is in my town selling art. I've taken the liberty if buying the genuine Venus statue for you.

Robin64

Oh btw Robin, Redd is in my town selling art. I've taken the liberty if buying the genuine Venus statue for you.

Oh sweet, thanks very much!

I'll open up again later, with Isabelle at the camp, so if you guys want to pay her a visit then you can. Gotta get that Isabelle scooter!

Chopper

Ooooh. What's that about balloons...?

So, will the likes of Nook and Isabelle turn up at camp naturally, or are there "tiers" of guest. Some normal, like Wendens and Joan, some amiibo, like Nook.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"I hear that so long as a chair doesn't have a back, you can put little things on the seat."
Oooh interesting. Is this new, or did I just have this pass me by all this time?

Robin64

Ooooh. What's that about balloons...?

So, will the likes of Nook and Isabelle turn up at camp naturally, or are there "tiers" of guest. Some normal, like Wendens and Joan, some amiibo, like Nook.

They'll start dropping normal furniture once you've got all the balloon stuff they can drop.

And.. I'm not sure. I think there are tiers. The special visitors people have had without amiibo have so far all been ones that don't even have an amiibo figure. Pascal, Wendel, Joan, Jingle, Jack..

Oooh interesting. Is this new, or did I just have this pass me by all this time?

I think it's new.

Edit: Ganon has the following:

Hyrule wall
Zelda floor
bomb
Ganon outfit
Ganondorf outfit
Ganondorf pants
Ganondorf wig
Hyrulean Treasure
Link hat
Link outfit
New Hero wig
New Hero's outfit
Rupee

Westraid

The NN3ds is cuatomizable. Just noticed, you can choose between black and white system colours, and you can use fabric or custom design for the cover plate, as well as black and polka dot as suggested by Cyrus.

Robin64

The NN3ds is cuatomizable. Just noticed, you can choose between black and white system colours, and you can use fabric or custom design for the cover plate, as well as black and polka dot as suggested by Cyrus.

Nice! Have you tried the Wii U?

And I wonder if the special editions of the 3DS, like the Isabelle one, have a choice of faceplates too.

Westraid

Nice! Have you tried the Wii U?

And I wonder if the special editions of the 3DS, like the Isabelle one, have a choice of faceplates too.
I only had enough coupons to buy the 3DS yesterday so I can't try it.
Also I got another 3ds today from a fortune cookie fml lol

Robin64

By the way, you can sell MEOW Coupons for 3000 bell each. Might good for new starters! I'd definitely be doing that for a while if people didn't throw 3.5 million bells at me last night. :)

Oh sweet, thanks very much!

I'll open up again later, with Isabelle at the camp, so if you guys want to pay her a visit then you can. Gotta get that Isabelle scooter!

I can provide you with a whole lot of genuine art for your museum if you need any. I've been buying doubles for years.

My Friend Code is 3480-2542-5937

piggychan

That amiibo camera is almost the same thing as that photos with animal crossing which I'm not sure whether to keep anymore.
CwViW9WUsAAYH6R.jpg:large

Got this guy today
WVW69jxT_4wrPRrnZo

Westraid

Apparently there are new clothes added too?
Purchased a Sushi Chef's Outfit which wasn't listed on MoriDB. It was purchased at the shop in Main Street and is reorderable.

Linius

I like how they add a lot of stuff. But it's also working on my OCD that there's so much out there we don't know about. I want to have goals :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apparently there are new clothes added too?
Purchased a Sushi Chef's Outfit which wasn't listed on MoriDB. It was purchased at the shop in Main Street and is reorderable.

OK. Guess it's back to checking the shops everyday for stuff now.

Hopefully the wider community can get a list of new items together quickly.

piggychan

Was there any mention that the balloon series has stopped ?

I haven't shot anything in the sky in ages and one of the initiatives was to shoot down one of the balloons and in there was a cow skull...

Was there any mention that the balloon series has stopped ?

I haven't shot anything in the sky in ages and one of the initiatives was to shoot down one of the balloons and in there was a cow skull...
The Balloon furniture is still there, you can just get other items from the balloons now too.

MicH

Scanned the Smash Toon Link Amiibo and had Medli appear. Her RV is filled with brand new Zelda stuff. Really cool.

A bit disappointed that you can only use AC Amiibo in Island Escape. Can't even use the Villager Amiibo

Is there a list of what furniture people had in HHD anywhere? I have all the cards and if there's a chance someone might have the Sloppy stuff I'm missing I'd like to call them over if I ever find Wisp.

piggychan

Is there a list of what furniture people had in HHD anywhere? I have all the cards and if there's a chance someone might have the Sloppy stuff I'm missing I'd like to call them over if I ever find Wisp.

hmmm I don't recall encountering anyone with sloppy set in happy home D.

Got the magic lamp, but can't seem to find my amiibo anywhere in my apartment. I hope I left them at my home when I went to university, because I have no idea where else they could be at this point

They'll start dropping normal furniture once you've got all the balloon stuff they can drop.

And.. I'm not sure. I think there are tiers. The special visitors people have had without amiibo have so far all been ones that don't even have an amiibo figure. Pascal, Wendel, Joan, Jingle, Jack..

I think it's new.

Edit: Ganon has the following:

Hyrule wall
Zelda floor
bomb
Ganon outfit
Ganondorf outfit
Ganondorf pants
Ganondorf wig
Hyrulean Treasure
Link hat
Link outfit
New Hero wig
New Hero's outfit
Rupee
My sister has a N3DS HHD edition, and it came with a pascal amiibo card. I should try it later. Did people test amiibos that aren't compatible? Maybe it gives you something, like the villager?

Robin64

My sister has a N3DS HHD edition, and it came with a pascal amiibo card. I should try it later. Did people test amiibos that aren't compatible? Maybe it gives you something, like the villager?

Please do scan the Pascal card, though I am mostly sure it will appear in the special visitor spot, overwriting whatever was already there.

My reasoning is that this is exactly how Filly works in Japan right now:

pic5.jpg

piggychan

Has anyone got any toy shop theme clothing?

A-tee
blue zap pants
blue zap helmet
caterpillar tank

My new HHA theme score since the update

WVW69jxVfe8yX09EQe

Robin64

Looks like DLC items are back too!

Japan is getting this one from November 4th until November 30th.

pic2.jpg

Oh and these are the items Filly brings with her.

pic3.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
U wot m8?
m8 i am not even kidding.,
i got this meow coupons and i just exploded..
no i did not watch any online news about this update.
and i have a big trauma from mobile gaming with extra currency

Linius

Looks like DLC items are back too!

Japan is getting this one from November 4th until November 30th.

pic2.jpg

Oh and these are the items Filly brings with her.

pic3.jpg

I need that coffee machine for my office room. That looks glorious. We used to have someone in this community with a Japanese copy right?

Top Bottom