• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Convinced W. Link to move into my town, surprisingly. I thought he'd be off-limits.

When are the items I ordered from K.K.'s RV yesterday showing up? I thought I'd find them in my mailbox today but no dice. I really wanna try the minigames :(

Not sure what time zone you are in, but mail comes at 9 AM and 5 PM. Depending on when you ordered them, that may be why.

Linius

yeah, but i only had visits if a villager approached me on the village and marked a time to visit.

The random visits only occur if you're busy at your house for a longer periode of time is my experience. I had Kabuki coming in this morning when I was rearranging some furniture.

bumpkin

Not too shabby...

14908182_10154636129833582_273311905267935105_n.jpg

I opted for the installments which actually brought it up to 62 million and change. Each day for the next 100 days I'll be getting ~625k. Very nice!

I took a peek at my 3DS Activity log and this was my playtime prior to the update. I wonder how many more hours I'll sink into this puppy?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The random visits only occur if you're busy at your house for a longer periode of time is my experience. I had Kabuki coming in this morning when I was rearranging some furniture.

If you're in a room other than the main one, you can also ignore them until they go away lol. They'll give up after 2-3 text exchanges.

Linius

If you're in a room other than the main one, you can also ignore them until they go away lol. They'll give up after 2-3 text exchanges.

Yeah, if I had the chance I would have blocked him. Now I just kept talking untill he went away. I can't be too harsh though, he gifted me a dolly. A spotlight item after all.

Robin64

Using other amiibos doesn't do anything unfortunately, and the pascal amiibo only gives his portrait.

All the amiibo characters that appear in the top spot will just give their portrait instead of appearing in their RV. So Jingle, Jack, Pascal, Pavé, etc.

Robin64

If you visit the Dream Address 0000-000F-4241, you'll get to Nintendo of Japan's new Dream Town. They have a lot of amiibo villagers, such as Ganon and Cece. Well one of the villagers is Rilla, who is a Sanrio villager, and has moved into the town.

So there we have it, confirmation (because there was doubt going round for some odd reason) that Sanrio RV visitors can move in.

Ugh, my N3DS XL is reminding me about why I stopped playing Animal Crossing in the first place.

If I shut the screen too hard, there's a chance of it turning the entire system off, something with the battery it seems. Naturally it resets the system clock and the game gets mad at me every time I boot it up again. For most games it is a minor annoyance where you just have to make sure you're all saved up before shutting the device, but in Animal Crossing it is sheer brutality if you're trying to get things done.

I rigged up a plastic wedge that fits into the gap of the battery to help hold it in place, and then folds over to be held in place once I screw the shell back on, and so far this morning it hasn't been really giving me any crap, but it can be really demoralizing if it keeps up. Here's hoping it works, I've been looking forward to getting back into the game.

Robin64

People are saying villagers will no longer move in on QR code patterns.

Here and here.

One guy had so many QR patterns everywhere that every single reset, and with different villagers, they would all only try and move in one spot. So it seems, if your really wanted, you could use QR patterning to dictate where an animal moves to.

Medli's trailer had so much neat stuff.
Classic Link clothes + Wig, BotW Link clothes + Wig, an ugly wallpaper and floor pattern.

It feels good to be interested in playing this game again. <3

Linius

Here and here.

One guy had so many QR patterns everywhere that every single reset, and with different villagers, they would all only try and move in one spot. So it seems, if your really wanted, you could use QR patterning to dictate where an animal moves to.

That's pretty cool! A lot of work though.

Zero_IYAD

I have tons of hybrid flowers, gyroids & many many items I'm trying to give away.
I've been running Beautiful Ordinance for months, & I just paid for the Night Owl one.
All of you are welcome to visit tomorrow & pick up whatever you like.
I need 75 visits, so if any of you are free & willing to visit me multiple times, please do.
My FC is in my profile, it's 3:44 AM here, so I'll be available tomorrow's evening to host as many people as I can.
I also want to re-add most of the GAFers I used to play with back in 2013 : )
Here's my FC: 2406-5158-6932
I'll be up in an hour or so.
I'll post again before opening the gate : )

MicH

Here and here.

This would be incredible!

Jay RaR

Here and here.

That's pretty neat if true! Too bad I have to wait until next week to find out if this works lol.

Oh yeah does anyone know the personalities of the Zelda, Splatoon, and Monster Hunter villagers?

As of now I can probably access only Ganon and W.Link.

Roto13

If someone pops in to visit, they actually leave pretty quickly. Way quicker than they do if they schedule a visit.

Once you convince an amiibo villager to move in, can you still summon them to the RV site? I want the Zelda villagers but I also want to order all of their stuff.

I have so many compatible amiibo. Can't decide who to scan today.

Linius

If someone pops in to visit, they actually leave pretty quickly. Way quicker than they do if they schedule a visit.

Once you convince an amiibo villager to move in, can you still summon them to the RV site? I want the Zelda villagers but I also want to order all of their stuff.

I believe it's been confirmed that you can't get them in the camp anymore if you have them moving in.

Robin64

I hope so, I'm going to invite Cece to move into my town today but I still want all the Splatoon stuff she has. I am hoping it just works the same way special visitors do, which is making it so they don't appear in town for that day.

I believe it's been confirmed that you can't get them in the camp anymore if you have them moving in.

Nooooooo

Linius

Once you've invited one of the special Amiibos to move in, you can not re-invite them to the RV Camp. (tested by /u/anewempireinrags)

Here it is. From the Reddit thread linked earlier on this page.

And let's be fair, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to go camping literally five minutes walking from your house :p

Westraid

Got Saharah!
tumblr_inline_og4ku764Cx1s26f48_500.png

&#8220;She can tie any room together with the right carpet and wallpaper, but in her spare time, Saharah lets loose with a little car camping.&#8221;
Tent series: Wall/Rug, Aquarius Urn, Cabin Low Table, Genie&#8217;s Lamp, Loom, Loom (Customized), Round Mini Cactus, Tile Screen (new item).

Here's my FC: 2406-5158-6932
I'll be up in an hour or so.
I'll post again before opening the gate : )
Sure, I'll drop by a couple of times to get the count up.
My FC is 2234-7257-0692.

Roto13

Summoned Ganon.

... I want everything in his RV. I'm definitely turning my basement into a Zelda room now.

He has 13 items so I'll have to summon him five times.

Had Ganon visit today.

He's got:

Hyrule Wall
Hyrule Floor
Ganon Outfit
Ganondorf Shirt
Ganondorf Pants
Ganondorf Wig
Link Shirt
Link Wig
New Hero Shirt
New Hero Wig
Hyrulian Treasure
Bomb
Rupee

WVW69jxf-8M_ihPmzQ

I took pictures of all the items, but Photobucket is down so I'll upload it later.

Linius

Link, Zelda, or Wolf Link all do.

(Ganondorf gives Ganon, Sheik gives Epona, Toon Link gives Medli, and we don't know about the upcoming ones yet)

Cheers. Hopefully they expand this stuff to other Amiibo's. I'd love a crossover with Pokémon amiibo.

Roto13

The Link Shirt and Wig aren't the ones you get from the fortune cookies. They're based on Zelda 1 Link.

EDIT: Oh, shoot, I just remembered that I have three other characters I can use to buy stuff from Ganon. Only need to summon him twice.

Robin64

EDIT: Oh, shoot, I just remembered that I have three other characters I can use to buy stuff from Ganon. Only need to summon him twice.

Every alt gets the free 10 MEOW coupons, right?

Cos it seems you can just keep making and destroying them, dropping the items for your main.

Roto13

Every alt gets the free 10 MEOW coupons, right?

Cos it seems you can just keep making and destroying them, dropping the items for your main.

Yeah. Though mine all have fully upgraded houses with fully furnished rooms of unorderable furniture sets, so I'm probably never going to do that. They each get their own set of tasks for MEOW coupons, though.

EDIT: Speaking of all of the above, has anyone gotten the Interior Design Initiative?

"Give your walls a fresh coat of paint... or wallpaper. Better yet? Ask Saharah to redecorate your place for you."

I changed the wallpaper in my main room and that didn't do it. Then I changed the wallpaper in every other room using saved patterns and that didn't do it either. I'm wondering if I have to go out and buy a bunch of wallpaper or if I can just remove and replace all of the wallpaper in my home. Gah.

Zero_IYAD

Gate is open.
Anyone is welcome to visit.
I'm available for the upcoming 3 hours.
You're welcome to pick up ANYTHING you like in the town, visit stores, talk to anyone.
Just please don't leave holes after digging.
I might close & open a few times.
Have fun : )

pariah164

Nat is in my town today.

Jungle Floor
Autumn-Leaf Chair
Leaf Bed
Pile of Leaves
Potted Ivy
Sparrow's Nest
Sprout Table
Tree Standee

Cwb5aDIUQAAdZqA.jpg

Roto13

Gate is open.
You're welcome to pick up ANYTHING you like in the town, visit stores, talk to anyone.
I need to visit someone for MEOW coupons but we're not 3DS friends. :p Would you mind adding me? Code's in my profile.

The Rupee in Ganon's trailer is really cool, you run over it and it does the 'collect' animation and sound effect.

This game is still awesome. <3

Zero_IYAD

I need to visit someone for MEOW coupons but we're not 3DS friends. :p Would you mind adding me? Code's in my profile.
Sure, will add you in a few minutes once the current visitors leave.
Will keep closing & opening multiple times the upcoming few hours : )

Jay RaR

Gate is open.

Sure, I got some free time! FC is in my profile.

Top Bottom