• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Zero_IYAD

Sorry.
X town suddenly became popular *___*
Will end games every 5 minutes or so to make sure everyone drops by at least once : )

Westraid

If you talk to Harvey when he's feeding the birds, you can get the throwing beans item that was previously only available during Setsubun, I think it was, a Japanese only event.

Fireblend

Banned
Checked out the Wii U Island Escape game.

Man, is this Nintendo's most comprehensive free update ever? We pretty much got Happy Home Designer and that Wii U game partially merged into the game, Puzzle League, tons of new items, crazy QoL improvements, Amiibo support, etc etc and none of those is blocked behind any sort of paywall. Sure they want you to buy amiibos but you can easily bypass that. Pretty good deal all around!

Unicorn

So I'm planning on getting my SO a new 3ds and AC. I have an old 3ds XL and don't plan on getting a dock for amiibo. Will it be an issue of using the new 3ds for amiibo stuff, or will I get locked out of some content?

pariah164

With Chadders gone, I finally got to build my second bridge. Feels good man.

So I'm planning on getting my SO a new 3ds and AC. I have an old 3ds XL and don't plan on getting a dock for amiibo. Will it be an issue of using the new 3ds for amiibo stuff, or will I get locked out of some content?
Not really; I have a N3DS, but not a single Amiibo, and I'm still getting a lot out of the game.

pHand

Oh, man. I said goodbye to my town and villagers a year ago (after 2 years of non-stop playing) and thought I'd never play again, but then Nintendo pull me back in! The Secret Storage is a game changer, though there are still some things from HHD I miss, namely the instant refurbishing. Now that I think about it, I believe ceiling items didn't make the move, either.

If you have the cartridge, you could probably summon the amiibo using the New 3DS, then you could put the cart in the Old 3DS and the amiibo camper should still be there. The only thing the Old 3DS wouldn't be able to access is the amiibo camera.

Zero_IYAD

I'm only up to 37 visits. Trying to hit 100.
Gamefaqs members sadly took almost everything I had to offer, but I still got tons of flowers if anyone interested.
My gate is open, so please try to visit me a few times.
I'm available for another hour : )
I can't. Night Owl is too good.
I feel you! I HAD to go back to it *_____*

Harvey is scaring me.
aC54txv.jpg

Westraid

I'm only up to 37 visits. Trying to hit 100.
Gamefaqs members sadly took almost everything I had to offer, but I still got tons of flowers if anyone interested.
My gate is open, so please try to visit me a few times.
I'm available for another hour : )

I feel you! I HAD to go back to it *_____*

I have to dive for water creatures and catch bugs for today's coupons so I'll grab my net and wetsuit and drop by and leave some times until I got them lol.

Robin64

Aw, Zero, your town crashed. I hope my order for the two sloppy items worked. I need to come back and grab some of that art, though! :)

Do you need a "3DS - Isabelle"? I got two by accident.

Zero_IYAD

I have to dive for water creatures and catch bugs for today's coupons so I'll grab my net and wetsuit and drop by and leave some times until I got them lol.

Aw, Zero, your town crashed. I hope my order for the two sloppy items worked. I need to come back and grab some of that art, though! :)

Do you need a "3DS - Isabelle"? I got two by accident.
You're both welcome to visit.
No idea why the game crashed, but it happens.
Gate is open again : )

Edit: Oh! Yes please, I didn't get my KK one today through mail & I really want to try the new mini-games : (

Robin64

That feeling when several years on and I'm STILL running across the tracks to Main Street when I meant to go into the station.

pariah164

When do you get the items from playing Puzzle League? I played until I lost to Canberra and stopped; I should have puzzle wallpaper coming.

Robin64

I am open now too. I have Cece (she likes to be called Callie).

She has the following, which you can nab for 5 tokens each! Every single item is new, so good luck choosing three. ;)

Inkwall.png
Inkcarpet.png
Calliewig.png
Calliedress.png
Callieshirt.png
Calliepants.png
Callieshoes.png
Callietights.png
Inkchair.png
Inksign.png
Inktable.png
Inksignleft.png
Inksignright.png

Westraid

:O

It worked! Had to talk to him about 7 times but I've got the beans now.
Grats! The item is so fun, I love throwing beans at anyone who visits my town. ovo

40 visits so far.
My gate is open for another 30 minutes.
I might be away from my 3DS, but please feel free to visit :>
Resetti'd. I was lucky someone dropped by because I had caught 5 underwater creatures I'd otherwise lost lmao. I'll be back in a bit

I'll drop by soon and dump all the skeletons I have gathered for you!

Unicorn

She has the following, which you can nab for 5 tokens each! Every single item is new, so good luck choosing three. ;)

Inkwall.png
Inkcarpet.png
Calliewig.png
Calliedress.png
Callieshirt.png
Calliepants.png
Callieshoes.png
Callietights.png
Inkchair.png
Inksign.png
Inktable.png
Inksignleft.png
Inksignright.png

So you can visit other people's campsites that have invited amiibo villagers and also order items from them?

Hey guys. :3 Can I order a 3DS from someone's RV? I've been trying to get one through fortune cookies but so far I couldn't.

*Edit* Got one thanks. :)

Unicorn

Yep! You can order up to 3 items, and they cost 5 tokens each.

Can you order more from catalogs or can you only get them via coupons and from when a traveler visits? How long do they stay in a town? Do you have to wait until another day to summon another visitor?

Robin64

Can you order more from catalogs or can you only get them via coupons and from when a traveler visits? How long do they stay in a town? Do you have to wait until another day to summon another visitor?

Most of the new items, like the Splatoon stuff, is only available using coupons from that visitor. They stay in town for one day, but you can summon them again another day, or summon another person. But you can only do one summon per day.

pariah164

Nothing you can do to get an extra ticket real quick?
I can plant 2 saplings, but I don't have 2 saplings to plant. The other says 'smash some rocks', but I can't seem to find the gold/ore rock for today.

EDIT: Huh. Found two saplings in storage, found the ore rock, AND shot down a gold slingshot. Good day today. Heading over to you now, Robin!

Unicorn

Most of the new items, like the Splatoon stuff, is only available using coupons from that visitor. They stay in town for one day, but you can summon them again another day, or summon another person. But you can only do one summon per day.

Does the Resetti amiibo do anything? I still have mine in packaging because I never anticipated he'd have any use (no interest in amiibo festival). I do have the 3pack of splatoon amiibo, so I'm interested in that content (still have not gotten Callie and Marie).

Roto13

I wonder how many of these new items can be customized. Specifically curious about the rupee. I might order a bunch of those. Also wonder if Wolf Link sells them. :p

Does the Resetti amiibo do anything? I still have mine in packaging because I never anticipated he'd have any use (no interest in amiibo festival). I do have the 3pack of splatoon amiibo, so I'm interested in that content (still have not gotten Callie and Marie).

All of the Animal Crossing amiibos summon that character to the campsite.

I wonder how many of these new items can be customized. Specifically curious about the rupee. I might order a bunch of those. Also wonder if Wolf Link sells them.

I hope all the Zelda Amiibo have the same things because I asked Ganon to move to my town and didn't know I can't invite him to the Campgrounds once he moves in.

Unicorn

I hope all the Zelda Amiibo have the same things because I asked Ganon to move to my town and didn't know I can't invite him to the Campgrounds once he moves in.
Can you invite them to move in if they are in another campsite? Or, do you need to own the amiibo and have it in your camp to have them move in?

I may just have to buy an amiibo adapter :/

Roto13

He's in my town now, if you haven't already ordered three times from him. I'm also planning to have him back tomorrow.

You could always kick him out with an amiibo card and summon him again.

pariah164

Got the wig and top from Cece; coming for the stockings and shoes. Tempted to make a third character just for the shorts, but. Nah.

Roto13

Yeah. Though mine all have fully upgraded houses with fully furnished rooms of unorderable furniture sets, so I'm probably never going to do that. They each get their own set of tasks for MEOW coupons, though.

EDIT: Speaking of all of the above, has anyone gotten the Interior Design Initiative?

"Give your walls a fresh coat of paint... or wallpaper. Better yet? Ask Saharah to redecorate your place for you."

I changed the wallpaper in my main room and that didn't do it. Then I changed the wallpaper in every other room using saved patterns and that didn't do it either. I'm wondering if I have to go out and buy a bunch of wallpaper or if I can just remove and replace all of the wallpaper in my home. Gah.

I bought new wallpaper for every room in my house and put it up and still didn't get this initiative.

I bought new wallpaper for every room in my house and put it up and still didn't get this initiative.
That's probably because it isn't asking you to redecorate. It is asking you to pay Saharah to redecorate your house for you. She has to be in your town as a special visitor.

I am more than a little peeved these "things you're already doing" Initiatives can be things you're incapable of doing that day, like this one. Completely dependent on a certain special visitor to show. The top two are "this day" and the bottom two are "this week", which makes things a little more fair.

Top Bottom