• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Roto13

That's probably because it isn't asking you to redecorate. It is asking you to pay Saharah to redecorate your house for you. She has to be in your town as a special visitor.

I am more than a little peeved these "things you're already doing" Initiatives can be things you're incapable of doing that day, like this one. Completely dependent on a certain special visitor to show. The top two are "this day" and the bottom two are "this week", which makes things a little more fair.

Ugh, that's lame. Also poorly worded.

He's in my town now, if you haven't already ordered three times from him. I'm also planning to have him back tomorrow.

You could always kick him out with an amiibo card and summon him again.

I ordered the Ganondorf set from him already, yeah. Maybe I'll have to swing by tomorrow if the other Zelda characters have different items.

Okay I've got a Resetti figure and a Kicks figure, which one of those can I get the 3DS and Wii U from? Both of them?

And the holographic NPC cards don't summon an RV right?

Pietepiet

Got a question for a friend regarding an error message. He keeps getting error 004-6006 (seems to be an SD card error) when trying to check for gifts/events at the post office or Harvey. Deleting extra data doesn't help, and connecting to either of those things also seems to corrupt his Badge Arcade files, but those get recreated upon restart and work fine again. He's already tried a different SD card with a fresh download of AC. No luck either. Same for using the eshop repair tool.

If anyone has experienced the same or knows a solution, that'd be wonderful. We can't figure it out at all. Thanks!

piggychan

I realized I still have KK Amiibo laying around, so if my NFC reader will be here this evening I can try it for the first time. Hope it goes without any problems.
I'll invite you all over! I've been searching online for Amiibo but I kind of want to get the ones no one here has so I can help out others too.

Can I add the screenshots to my list on tumblr? I can credit you if you want!

If you need anything specific, I can order items for you from my catalog. I'm still tt'ing so you wouldn't have to wait too long for them either.

go ahead just got back home from amusement park rides all day with work colleagues.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In the mail.

Upon reloading my file they appeared. I was a little confused since I started story mode yesterday so assumed I'd at least get the carpet and yet nothing in my letter box. Guess I started my save too early in the morning.

Managed to get the demo stand as well!

piggychan

Got Booker in the campgrounds
WVW69jxctAAxcVKuuK

Booker has the following:
Meadow Vista
dirt floor
camp floor
campfire cookware
picnic table
plastic canister
propane stove
sleeping bag
smoker

and Villager amiibo which is taken over by Wisp

WVW69jxcziAOcwYmjk

Wisp has:
Lunar Horizon
Galaxy floor
Gamecube Drawer
NDS Lite Bench
Nintendo Bench
Nintendo DSi Bench
Villager Statue
wii remote cabinet
wii U console

if anyone wants to order this stuff I am open for a few hours just let me know and I'll get your fc if I haven't already. but please don't shake the money trees or take my hybrids ><

Sioul

I'm planning to buy this game. I read somewhere that the first player will become the Mayor but is there any other limitation to the other characters besides the PWP?

Westraid

Did you ever open? I kept checking periodically but saw nothing.
Sorry! I'll open in a minute or so!

tumblr_inline_og4yx1o41d1s26f48_500.png

&#8220;Even though he&#8217;s hit the big time, K.K. keeps it real with the occasional camping trip. Light up that campfire, and break out the acoustic guitars!&#8221;
White Brick Wall*, Modern Wood Flooring, Brown Seat*, DJ K.K. Booth*, Guitar Case*, K.K. Cruisin&#8217;, K.K. Jazz, K.K. Song, Metal Rim Table*, New 3DS - K.K.*, Pondering, Wii U Console*.

*) New items

This is my own and only Amiibo so if anyone is currently out of coupons, let me know and I can summon him tomorrow or any other day really. :)
I also have Joan in the other RV today.

EDIT: Gates are open!

Linius

I dunno if you guys remember my music basement, but this K.K. RV certainly means I'm gonna have to spend some coupons on him. I might pick up the amiibo myself when I pick up my AC: Festival copy.

I'm planning to buy this game. I read somewhere that the first player will become the Mayor but is there any other limitation to the other characters besides the PWP?

Every town resident has to unlock the features separately by developing relationships with villagers and NPCs.

I can't remember if only the Mayor can change the town tune and town flag. But probably.

Westraid

Thanks for opening! But I really only visited to nose at the town, I have the KK (and every other) amiibo. Teeehee! :)

Tomorrow I will summon Ganon, so feel free to come nab your info.
You do? Woah you're lucky! I've been trying to decide which Amiibo to pick for so long the store won't be able to deliver before Monday anymore lmao.
I'll definitely drop by tomorrow, thanks!

You're always welcome to visit, just let me know when you got items so I'll save in case my connection dies. :)

piggychan

Friend had Copper RV

He looks kinda hot without his police suit!
CwdRpUHUQAEhq40.jpg:large

copper has:

music room wall
parquet floor
billboard
cardboard box
common bed
freezer
kettle
plastic canister
rolling closet
sink
ventilation van

StayDead

I got my Resetti Amiibo from Amazon today. Looking forward to cracking him out tomorrow.

I'm in love with this game all over again <3

By the way, what do you actually get by asking the dog about his wifi campers? Are we supposed to get anything yet (Japanese copy)? I do it and it says he can't find anything for me.

pHand

I got my Resetti Amiibo from Amazon today. Looking forward to cracking him out tomorrow.

I'm in love with this game all over again <3

By the way, what do you actually get by asking the dog about his wifi campers? Are we supposed to get anything yet (Japanese copy)? I do it and it says he can't find anything for me.

It'll be used for SpotPass campers. In Japan you can go to a 7-Eleven and connect to the "7-Spot" to get 7-Go, complete with an adorable 7-Eleven truck: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/series/mori/news/161102_2.html

More info: http://7spot-info.jp/doumori_amiibo/

Who knows if it'll be used elsewhere, though HHD did get some of the non-branded grocery items.

Quick question: I ordered a few things out of Tom Nook's RV and it seems one of my things just never came in the mail. I might have not been paying enough attention but I believe I had a message pop up about ordering too many items in one day. Can anyone explain this further? Did my latest purchase overwrite my first purchase or something?

Quick question: I ordered a few things out of Tom Nook's RV and it seems one of my things just never came in the mail. I might have not been paying enough attention but I believe I had a message pop up about ordering too many items in one day. Can anyone explain this further? Did my latest purchase overwrite my first purchase or something?

Is it possible that you had 10 or more things coming in the mail already? Letters from long inactivity coupled with Resident Gifts, art from Redd, Gulliver's gifts, orders from the Nooklings, etcetera all count as mail and you can only get 10 at a time, so it might be delayed. If it doesn't show up tomorrow, it may be lost in the mail.

The message basically states that you can only order 3 camper items per day and that undelivered mail that's still in the queue counts against your ordering potential, if I'm reading it right.

I wonder if the same save file can get both Copper and Booker in the campground.

That's an interesting question, if we're talking about playing without amiibo cards.

Is it possible that you had 10 or more things coming in the mail already? Letters from long inactivity coupled with Resident Gifts, art from Redd, Gulliver's gifts, orders from the Nooklings, etcetera all count as mail and you can only get 10 at a time, so it might be delayed. If it doesn't show up tomorrow, it may be lost in the mail.

The message basically states that you can only order 3 camper items per day and that undelivered mail that's still in the queue counts against your ordering potential, if I'm reading it right.

I'll check again in the morning and see if it gets delivered. There's no way I would have had 10 letters coming. I think i had maybe 3 or 4 arrive today.

Cindro

This update is insane. I new game plussed, and am having such a wonderful time starting from scratch. I was never really satisfied with how my first town *ultimately* ended up, but after 170ish hours (nothing compared to some of you all, I know!), I have a clear scope and focus for what I want to do this go around.

And finally, my pointless amiibo collection comes in handy! Love it.

Here's a question - if you invite an amiibo villager to live in your town (as I did with Medli today), is it then impossible to order any of their RV items again in single player?

Apparently the new Monster Hunter amiibo work in the NA version of New Leaf. A Felyne parks its RV in the camp.
I'll have one in the next few days and I'll be sure to post here when I scan it in case anybody wants to stop by and grab some of those goodies.

Somebody datamined the game and there would be 775 new items in the game...

497 furniture
25 wallpaper
41 carpets
39 tops
9 dresses
5 bottoms
4 socks
9 shoes
1 umbrella
22 hats
2 holdable? sticks
7 fortune tickets
3 stationary (though they might not be obtainable)
47? special villager pics (total is now 54)
64? ordinary villager pics (total is now 397)
=775 items

Damn, my storage place will again be used to the max I guess...

I'm not sure if that's new too, but when you throw a furniture item on the grond, it can have two colors, green and red. Wasn't it always green before?

Red one was a campground item...

Just finished the first phase of reorganizing all my stuff into the expanded storage. Still have a long ways to go, but soon my town won't be a junkyard of items anymore.

Robin64

I'm not sure if that's new too, but when you throw a furniture item on the grond, it can have two colors, green and red. Wasn't it always green before?

Red one was a campground item...

Yeah, my "brown seating" that I ordered was red too. Wonder if that just means it's from HHD.

Just finished the first phase of reorganizing all my stuff into the expanded storage. Still have a long ways to go, but soon my town won't be a junkyard of items anymore.

I'm starting now. :(

Yeah, my "brown seating" that I ordered was red too. Wonder if that just means it's from HHD.

Not sure, because my holiday stocking was also red. And that's one from the original game...

Edit: secret storage room has place for 360 items, not 270... Somebody miscalculated? :p I'm happy though, the more, the merrier.. Going to fill the first one, wish me luck...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm thinking of completely redoing my town (well not completely, I'll keep most public works where they are). I think I over did it with flowers, so I'm going to cut back on them and also, while it was quite an achievement to do it, having half my town look like the Union Jack from above via flowers and paths, is a bit much. Looking at it now, it's very red, white and blue and not much else, so I'm going to try and break up the colour with some more variety. That and it's honestly hard to even see what I was going for unless I told you.

Long story short, I've got a lot of blue roses that I likely won't need, so for all those who started again, if you need two to start yourself off with I'm happy to help.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whoa, so that means you can order customized stuff now?

And all the new stuff from campground can't be ordered from the catalogue... Oh, man, gonna be a daunting task to get everything (even without amiibo...)
Only from the campsite. Streetpass plaza still prevents you ordering custom items*

*It could have changed for new streetpasses, but I haven't had any to check with.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm going to Japan in December, hopefully I can get some Amiibo card packs (they're compatible, right?), the MH Stories amiibo and the 7 eleven items :D any other JP-exclusive AC stuff I should keep an eye out for?

milkham

How is everyone enjoying the update?
I bought an NFC reader and I have... An Isabelle amiibo. Do I need to pick up cards for the full experience? I'm also kind of scared to look at my town after all this time.

Robin64

How is everyone enjoying the update?
I bought an NFC reader and I have... An Isabelle amiibo. Do I need to pick up cards for the full experience? I'm also kind of scared to look at my town after all this time.

The cards that are out right now are only used to invite that villager to your town, but there is nobody unique that you can't get through normal play.

The amiibo figures themselves, like your Isabelle, summon that person to camp in their RV, where you can get new and unique items from them.

And the card set coming out soon specifically for this game has 50 villagers new to New Leaf, returning from past games, who will set up an RV and can then also be invited to move in.

Top Bottom