• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Linius

Really need to get back in to this game, have done the update. Checked my bank now at 6.9 million bells, is there really any point to having that much cash though?

7 million is pretty much change man. Have you unlocked Gracie's floor at the store yet? You will drop quickly if you're trying to buy it all ;)

Pascal is my RV camper today. The stack of books is the only new item he has, right?

I might wanna visit for that stack of books if you've got some time to spare (maybe tonight).

PaulBizkit

Do we know why this update was made?

It's massive and seems like it could easily have been sold as an expansion (thankfully not though).

What was their reasoning behind all this?

shh! don't let the developers know how games are made today!!

I've been having a bit of fun with the amiibo camera, when I get home, I'll see if can upload some pictures here.

Btw does anybody know how to unlock the gestures for the amiibo camera? I've unlocked all of them but on a non-mayor character.

Linius

nNec.png

Haha, only just got back in the game and this happens

I figured the update is meant to sell Amiibos, plus ACNL is still a decent selling game, I bet.

Also, it's an incredible sign of goodwill, no matter how you look at it.

BTW, does anyone have a RV with the Wii U or 3DS available? I was gonna try my luck with fortune cookies, but I'm getting desperate.

I've got some rare-ish hybrid flowers (all types except gold, 'cause I'm lazy to grow more) and some misc. unorderable items (stuff like pumpkin pie and fedora hat) if you need them. Oh and a chihuahua ornament.

EDIT: Also got Zipper's RV if you want to order something from him.

MicH

Just checked what my town would be worth if I was restarting (I'd never delete my town though lol). 145 million plus 25 million if I sell my catalog too. Nice. I gave 109 million bells in my ABD already though so eh. Nice to know though

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Moridb has started adding the new items!
Had a gander at them. Some nice looking items. Shame Harvey only sells two at a time.

Out of the six fortune cookies I've been buying I haven't had a single new item.
Got a dalmatian today. I don't really bother with the fortune cookies, but my weekly challenge to buy some so I guess I'll see how my luck pans out.

Robin64

Woo, got the new design method from Lottie! Such a godsend. Hard to believe that when HHD came out and we were all "They should put this into normal Animal Crossing!" that they actually would.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One little feature I like about the HHD interior interface is that it gives a nice clean, zoomed out view of your room. Perfect for sharing images of your creations.

MicH

I'm gonna open up my town soon if anyone needs anything from Pascal or the Villager Amiibo RVs which I currently have at my campground.

Redd is also in town but I'm not quite sure if he has any authentic art pieces but feel free to check it out if you want.

My FC is 2836-0194-8979

Linius

Going back to Dewford only reminds me of how much work I'm gonna have to do on my town to make it look half decent :p

Anyways, glad to have ordered that item just before the mailman comes in 8 minutes :)

Now I just need someone with Resetti's RV to grab a flatscreen that hangs on the wall.

Oh and I'm gonna need to remind myself to scan one amiibo each day, it's 5 coupons after all.

Roto13

Do we know why this update was made?

It's massive and seems like it could easily have been sold as an expansion (thankfully not though).

What was their reasoning behind all this?

They made all those Animal Crossing amiibos without any compelling games to use them in. They made the update so people who own an actual Animal Crossing game have a reason to buy Animal Crossing amiibos.

They made all those Animal Crossing amiibos without any compelling games to use them in. They made the update so people who own an actual Animal Crossing game have a reason to buy Animal Crossing amiibos.

I have a lot of fun playing Happy Home Designer AND Amiibo Festival... >_>

Westraid

Got Zipper & K.K. in town in case anyone needs one of his items.
Egg series: Wall/Floor/Chair/Table, Bunny Hood, Donburi*, Hot Plate, Imperial Pot*, Omelet*.

White Brick Wall*, Modern Wood Flooring, Brown Seat*, DJ K.K. Booth*, Guitar Case*, K.K. Cruisin’, K.K. Jazz, K.K. Song, Metal Rim Table*, New 3DS - K.K.*, Pondering, Wii U Console*.

*) New items.

Harvey is also selling a Bathroom Shelf, I already have one so in case anyone wants to fancy up their bathroom let me know.
I'm cooking atm so I'm replying a bit slow but I can open town gates in a bit.

Roto13

I have a lot of fun playing Happy Home Designer AND Amiibo Festival... >_>

Amiibo Festival has a few good unlockable minigames, but the board game itself is terrible.

Happy Home Designer is all right, but it gets old kind of quickly and there's not much reason to buy amiibo for it rather than amiibo cards.

(snip)

Me, please ^^

My FC: 4871-3909-8599

Is there anything you need, just in case I can help? I'll be coming as my alt character Zoe since I bought 3 RV items already today.

PaulBizkit

how many isabelle amiibos are there?

Linius

Egg series: Wall/Floor/Chair/Table, Bunny Hood, Donburi*, Hot Plate, Imperial Pot*, Omelet*.

White Brick Wall*, Modern Wood Flooring, Brown Seat*, DJ K.K. Booth*, Guitar Case*, K.K. Cruisin’, K.K. Jazz, K.K. Song, Metal Rim Table*, New 3DS - K.K.*, Pondering, Wii U Console*.

*) New items.

Harvey is also selling a Bathroom Shelf, I already have one so in case anyone wants to fancy up their bathroom let me know.

I definitely want some stuff from K.K. I think I'm able to visit in an hour or two if you're still around then though.

Westraid

Me, please ^^

My FC: 4871-3909-8599

Is there anything you need, just in case I can help? I'll be coming as my alt character Zoe since I bought 3 RV items already today.
Added you back, town gates are open. :)

I definitely want some stuff from K.K. I think I'm able to visit in an hour or two if you're still around then though.
Just PM me if I'm offline, and I'll open the town gates for you. It's evening here so I have time. :)

ZeroX03

Banned
Still a little confused as to the new patch and amiibo figure/card compatibility. I want puzzle league, do I just need one figure? Are villagers scanned temporary or permanent?

Enjoying the update a lot, but I really wish they had improved even more Quality of Life mechanics. We've been waiting three years for any kind of patch or update and there is still no way to auto sort your personal inventory or even turn on the ability for fruit to basket automatically when picked up. I am crying after harvesting my 99 Perfect Orange trees this morning.

Did unlock the secret storage, very nice.

Added you back, town gates are open. :)

Thanks. In case I wasn't clear, I left the fertiliser in the small space a few paces south of the town tree ^^

Also borrowed an exterior from Tom Nook to fulfill a town initiative.

EDIT: Can't wait for tomorrow. Getting a 3DS and a Wii U!

Roto13

No way. My wife and I played it daily with our daughter for months. The only reason we stopped is my wife wanted my daughter to have less "screen time."

It's about one step above Snakes and Ladders in terms of giving you any actual agency.

Still a little confused as to the new patch and amiibo figure/card compatibility. I want puzzle league, do I just need one figure? Are villagers scanned temporary or permanent?

You don't need any amiibo to get Puzzle League. You can get it (a 3DS) from the fortune cookies, or visit someone whose amiibo visitor is selling them.

Any normal Villager character you scan (from a card or Splatoon/Zelda amiibo) can live in your town permanently. Special characters like Pascal or Redd can't.

ZeroX03

Banned
You don't need any amiibo to get Puzzle League. You can get it (a 3DS) from the fortune cookies, or visit someone whose amiibo visitor is selling them.

Any normal Villager character you scan (from a card or Splatoon/Zelda amiibo) can live in your town permanently. Special characters like Pascal or Redd can't.

I just googled the Zelda amiibo, didn't know that was a thing, am now sad I don't have Sheik...

Roto13

I've scanned the Rover amiibo, if anyone would like to visit him!

I added you! Add me back? 1908-2299-1612

I actually need to visit someone's town for a couple of things, so if you could add me, I would appreciate it. Code's in my profile.

Elija2

Joan is camping in my town today and she has a zodiac boar. This could be your chance to get it (legitimately) before 2019. I can open up if anyone wants to come by and get it.

Roto13

Ordered anything from Wolf Link that I didn't get from Ganon. That included ordering 7 hearts. I wonder if I should buy more hearts tomorrow or just have Wolf Link move into town right now.

I added you! Add me back? 1908-2299-1612

Sure. Ooh, you're from the UK as well? Will be easier to match times ^^

Anyway, I've been meaning to redo my town paths and finally did it today.

CwrtZw7VEAAy4mA.jpg

It was sunset/dark by the time I finished so hopefully it looks good (as in not blindingly bright like my previous one) during the day.

Wanted something a bit fairytale and had the idea of using the colours of my favourite Pokemon XD

Robin64

First trip to the island (since new town reset) and boom, every single one of these is a new museum entry. Love it!

WVW69jyKDDcVfwlHvO

Linius

That Giant Isopod is a pain to catch. Had to find one for my town initiatives but it took me ages. Ended up just doing a full on island run and made roughly 250K on the side with some bugs and sharks.

pariah164

I've been meaning to redo my town paths and finally did it today.

CwrtZw7VEAAy4mA.jpg

It was sunset/dark by the time I finished so hopefully it looks good (as in not blindingly bright like my previous one) during the day.

Wanted something a bit fairytale and had the idea of using the colours of my favourite Pokemon XD
That's gorgeous. *A* I might do this so my town matches my town hall. Can you link to the pattern?

Top Bottom