• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Westraid

Store finally replied that they were indeed going to sell the new cards, but they're "unsure if they will be for sale on November 11", which means that they won't be for sale on November 11.
Googled around and it seems that it'll be November 18 instead because of entirely unclear reasons.

its-something.jpg

That's gorgeous. *A* I might do this so my town matches my town hall. Can you link to the pattern?

zPjIWLO.jpg

Ta-da!

If you want to redesign it or change the colours, I can give some pointers. But really it's just drawing diamonds and rectangles XD

You can also preview the design in my dream town: 7C00-0012-FDC1.

I'll be honest, I don't really have an eye for colour. So it's possible it actually looks garish or blindingly bright.

piggychan

Does anyone have the Wii U or New 3DS available in their town? Would love to have 'em both!

You should be able to get it from Blathers RV at the camping grounds. They will cost you 5 meow points each.

my fc:1263-5612-2847

Want to come over now before I jump on Fallout 4 for the rest of the day?

I lucked out on day five of my restart, went to snag my daily fortune cookie and got a WiiU in it. So that's pretty neat.

The Island Escape game is fun, though a bit of a time sink. I might poke at it a bit more when I have more time to give it my attention. Not having any Amiibos or Cards to use for it is a drain on my play coins for sure.

Westraid

Relatively small store that has only a handful of stores in the country. I checked, but they don't send to other countries.
They're known for being overpriced, but in this case they seemed to have the regular price.

When the rest of the country catches up I can visit local stores. Seems that November 18th is indeed the official date now.

StayDead

I was thinking of preordering some of the new cards, then I saw it's 3.49GBP for 3 cards. 3 cards! What is up with the pricing in the UK wow.

Robin64

I was thinking of preordering some of the new cards, then I saw it's 3.49GBP for 3 cards. 3 cards! What is up with the pricing in the UK wow.

When the Happy Home Designer cards came out, we were at the height of amiibo fever, and places like GAME were pricing them at £4.99. Glad they've gone with the £3.49 this time, but I would've liked to see them even cheaper for sure.

Solobbos

You should be able to get it from Blathers RV at the camping grounds. They will cost you 5 meow points each.

my fc:1263-5612-2847

Want to come over now before I jump on Fallout 4 for the rest of the day?
I accidentally fell asleep after work. Are you still available today?

Invite sent, my code: 4184-3221-3342

Westraid

I got round the 2 limit per customer on Amazon by having my sister order 2 packs too! :3
When I put one in the basket it turned them into 2, and then I turned them into 4.
Page never mentioned a limit but I think at this rate they'll run out soon, them being the only store and all.

If it makes you feel better, prices here vary between 4~7 quid usually. ;_;

Jay RaR

Grats I got Mariner and Zucker from trading just over a year ago (think I blew about 25 million bells between the 2) and hadn't touched the game since jan 2016 so I was worried they had up'd and left. I got enough grumpy villagers so Octavian isn't a must have anymore. Zucker is a lazy but he repeats about 85% of the same things as Stitches and Erik.

Yeah, same haha. No one left fortunately, so its all good now. My plan is to kick out Maelle for Ankha, move in Inkwell, kick out Apollo for Octavian, and kick out Margie for Zucker. I want to get W.Link and Ganon in, but I want to get their items first before I do so.

pariah164

zPjIWLO.jpg

Ta-da!

If you want to redesign it or change the colours, I can give some pointers. But really it's just drawing diamonds and rectangles XD

You can also preview the design in my dream town: 7C00-0012-FDC1.

I'll be honest, I don't really have an eye for colour. So it's possible it actually looks garish or blindingly bright.
Thanks! Do you have the edges as well?

EDIT: Derp. Didn't realize the 'Ta-da' was a link. I am not a smart girl.

pariah164

Anybody around with a slingshot in their store?
My T.I.Y. opens in 15, will let you know.

Also, to Aveyn Knight, I want to change the border color; how would I do that? Also, how did you use all those? There's only 10 slots and you have 12 designs...

There also sees to be one missing: the one with the top border.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For anyone curious, the polka-dot refurb option for the n3DS is the black and white polka dot design you can buy in rl.

My T.I.Y. opens in 15, will let you know.

Also, to Aveyn Knight, I want to change the border color; how would I do that? Also, how did you use all those? There's only 10 slots and you have 12 designs...

You'd need to redesign the pattern, but sadly you can't redesign patterns made by somebody else.

I can teach you how to recreate the pattern though. Or if you tell me what colour you want, I can do it for you.

Here's the basic design anyway:

kIxq3Se.png
GK9Bm0T.png

NOTE: Colours are approximate.

Palette is:

Reference palette

White tile: Grey 1, Grey 2, Grey 5
Pink tile: Fuschia 1, Fuschia 2, Fuschia 4
Light blue tile: Light Blue 1, Light Blue 2, Light Blue 4
Dark blue tile: Light Blue 2, Light Blue 5, Light Blue 6
Bricks: Grey 3, Grey 6, Grey 9

Oh yeah, you can't use the path with one character, you'll need at least one alt character to spread the load.

Linius

Scanned my amiibo for the sole purpose of meow coupons. So I went with the option "give me something". Wisp gave me a soda fountain lol.

Too bad you can only use Wisp once a day for the whole town. When I try it with my secondary character he tells me to come back another day :(

pariah164

You'd need to redesign the pattern, but sadly you can't redesign patterns made by somebody else.

I can teach you how to recreate the pattern though. Or if you tell me what colour you want, I can do it for you.

Here's the basic design anyway:

kIxq3Se.png
GK9Bm0T.png

NOTE: Colours are approximate.

Palette is:

Reference palette

White tile: Grey 1, Grey 2, Grey 5
Pink tile: Fuschia 1, Fuschia 2, Fuschia 4
Light blue tile: Light Blue 1, Light Blue 2, Light Blue 4
Dark blue tile: Light Blue 2, Light Blue 5, Light Blue 6
Bricks: Grey 3, Grey 6, Grey 9

Oh yeah, you can't use the path with one character, you'll need at least one alt character to spread the load.
Thanks so much! I'll fiddle with it.

Go for matches of 4+ or combos, and use your special ability whenever possible. If you match only 3 at a time then you'll only get 0.1% for the match. If you go with bigger matches your percentage will increase much faster.

you will need to learn how to set up basic chains. especially to beat the final stage in story.

A very basic x2 chain is to set it up like the situation below.
if X and O are two color of blocks and ? is any other color.
???x??
???O??
??xO??
???O??
???X???

Basically whenever you see a possible vertical 3 block clear you set it up to make sure that the fruit above and below the 3 Block clear are the same fruit (X). You also prepare a block to the side of the clear like shown above. When the Os clear, you swap the X into the empty space and the Xs will fall and clear giving you a chain.

Good tips! It seems like chaining is my issue then. I'll give it a shot. Thank you.

I have Epona (from scanning Sheik) and my town is OPEN! Head over if you want some Epona item goodness.

PhSF4Ul.png

Just gonna finish a game of Desert Island Escape and then I'll pop in. Trying to remember how many RV items I've bought today... Just the stack of books, I think?

pariah164

After some mucking, I'm making the Fairy Tale Tile my own.

WVW69jyTsAU1rcaXYQ

I like the purple so much better in this. Purple is love, purple is life.

Top Bottom