• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Roto13

That Giant Isopod is a pain to catch. Had to find one for my town initiatives but it took me ages. Ended up just doing a full on island run and made roughly 250K on the side with some bugs and sharks.

I know better than to even attempt any Initiative that involves catching a certain fish or bug.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Trying to come up with a nice path design that doesn't require too many panels.

At a minimum you'd need nine: middle, sides and corners. And then you can then have four for the inner corners for a grand total of 13, but this means managing designs across two characters.

Of course you can have a one tile design, but it looks rather nice having a border to your path.

Any tips for puzzle league? I'm playing with Rover, and my goal is to get to 100% support within 2 minutes while having to deal with garbage blocks. I seem to start around 30% support frequently. So tough :(

StayDead

Any tips for puzzle league? I'm playing with Rover, and my goal is to get to 100% support within 2 minutes while having to deal with garbage blocks. I seem to start around 30% support frequently. So tough :(

I'm having that problem, same level I think. Most I've ever got to is 90%.

piggychan

Went out all day looking for amiibo cards and figures. Best I could come up with around London.

429E244A-84D9-44DC-80FE-F3CC5FA76425.jpg

I did however open up Resetti

EDIT:

details:

WVW69jyJ3kkKakcLgx

Old Wallpaper
Old Flooring
accordion screen
bathroom stall
box with helmet
large tea table
new nintendo 3ds
overflowing trash
half-eaten pizza
Resetti model
wall fan
wall-mounted TV
Wii U console

Resetti,sweet! Gonna have to visit you some time for that TV in his RV.

no problem

LoveCake

Has anyone or are there any known issues with the update? I have not updated mine yet and was thinking about doing it this weekend.

Would it be at all possible to push the data from the 3DS to the N/S so your town can be ported over and upgraded, is it technically possible?

StayDead

Oh boy, I finally finished story mode in Panepon. Once I got past Gino and his bloody 2 minute nuisance blocks challenge I did it mostly first go, even the final boss only took me 2 tries.

So good. I really hope they release a full game of Panepon soon, I'd buy it!

Roto13

Oh boy, I finally finished story mode in Panepon. Once I got past Gino and his bloody 2 minute nuisance blocks challenge I did it mostly first go, even the final boss only took me 2 tries.

So good. I really hope they release a full game of Panepon soon, I'd buy it!

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is on Virtual Console.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys had never played Puzzle League game before Animal Crossing Puzzle League?

Jay RaR

^ I've not played any Puzzle League game but I'll find out tomorrow when my nfc reader arrives lol.

So today, I opened the last of the AC card packs I've been getting because of the update. I bought 2 packs of each series with Series 4 being my last one, and oh man did I get a good haul.

Pics of my haul:

Got some great ones I never expected, although I'm a bit salty that the Isabelle cards won't summon her to the RV camp but having her in 2 different outfits ain't too bad. Out of the 48 cards I bought only 2 were duplicates (not shown).

One of the first cards I've gotten was Octavian which got me overjoyed since Marina is in my town now and Octopuses are rare villagers. I said to myself if I got Zucker then I have no choice but to buy a Splatoon amiibo just to complete the quartet of Octopuses living in my town. Then flash forward to today I drew Zucker on my last pack. So...rip my wallet lol.

I'll definitely get Ankha to move in, and I'll see if Frank remembers me or not. Same with Ava, although she's been wayyy out of 16 villager cycle and she was one of my first villagers!

pHand

Go for matches of 4+ or combos, and use your special ability whenever possible. If you match only 3 at a time then you'll only get 0.1% for the match. If you go with bigger matches your percentage will increase much faster.

watershed

Banned
This is a stupid noon question but can someone tell me the best ways to make a lot of money in this game? I feel like I've never fully understood the AC economy.

Jay RaR

This is a stupid noon question but can someone tell me the best ways to make a lot of money in this game? I feel like I've never fully understood the AC economy.

For me, the fastest method is to play the turnip market. It'll probably be easier with a friend who can time travel, but several online communities (mainly Reddit for me) made it possible for me to get 100 million bells in like 3-4 months. I didn't even time travel at that time too. Selling perfect fruit at a different town with premium on that fruit (that's non-native to them) can help a bit too.

The other way is to get lucky and get popular villagers or popular non-orderable items (like the 7-11 set or sloppy set) and sell them for a high price. Never went that route or bought a villager, but that's the other way.

Either way, grinding to 100 million can be a time consuming experience lol. You'd need a lot of luck too.

pHand

Illicit poaching of rare, exotic beetles from tropical islands. In other words, go to the island after 7PM and catch rare beetles. Make sure to turn on the Bell Boom/Wealthy Ordinance in Town Hall to get 20% more per beetle. Focus on: Golden Stags, Rainbow Stags, Giant Stags, Horned Atlas, and Cyclommatus Stags. You can make around 400,000 bells per hour.

That's early game, though. Endgame is playing the Stalk Market by buying Turnips from Joan on Sunday mornings, then check the prices at Re-Tail each day and sell when the price is high. Also visit the towns of friends to see their prices.

Starter cash is usually from foraging and doing errands, don't forget to find and hit the "Bell Rock" as many times as you can each day. Duplicate identified Fossils and gemstones are a nice daily source as well.

Endgame is playing with the Stalk Market by buying Turnips on Sunday Morning, check Reese's price at Re*Tail every morning before Noon and once after. Looking to buy low, sell high here. The biggest downsides are that you need money to make money, lots of storage space required, obsessive logging in on a set schedule, they rot a week after they are purchased or if you time travel, and the game can (rarely) screw you out of profit. Usually people will let you sell in their town if they have a good offer available, but they usually ask for some of your Bells in return. There are some online tools that help predict when you should sell, like this one, and they've never led me astray.

In the middle are two methods:

1) After 5pm, the Island is an amazing money generator. Catch big fish (release Sea Bass), sharks, and rare beetles, pop them in the shipping container and take them back to the mainland to sell. You can use the Rental Net as a tool to get rid of nearby bugs and fish you don't want so that new ones will spawn (or just chase them off your screen/into the ocean). Downsides are that you have to have iron reflexes for shark catching, be good at catching bugs, and that it can be time consuming if your spawns suck.

2) Perfect Fruit is good if you have a large, open space for many trees. It is very reliable, but time consuming (picking, basket-ing, travel time to storage facilities, replanting dead trees as needed) and needs another person with a different Native Fruit so you can travel to their town to sell yours. It is also a very slow starter and you might want to have the Golden Axe before you begin, but it is very easy to maintain once you have an orchard. These are really lazy Bells you can listen to music or audiobooks while gathering. ;)

If you learn better through watching instructional videos rather than reading or trial and error, there are a million Bell guides on various video services.

watershed

Banned
Thanks for all the replies! I already use the island and that been my best source of big money. I gotta play the turnips more but I am only just now getting back into this game. Selling duplicate fossils is a good idea too. I guess I never realized how long it takes for things to get going.

Another noob question, what makes the town tree grow bigger? Completing public works projects? I wish I wasn't the only one funding the construction projects.

Also, is there a gaf list of people to add for this game? I'm getting sucked back in and would love to play with fellow gaffers if possible.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks for all the replies! I already use the island and that been my best source of big money. I gotta play the turnips more but I am only just now getting back into this game. Selling duplicate fossils is a good idea too. I guess I never realized how long it takes for things to get going.

Another noob question, what makes the town tree grow bigger? Completing public works projects? I wish I wasn't the only one funding the construction projects.

Also, is there a gaf list of people to add for this game? I'm getting sucked back in and would love to play with fellow gaffers if possible.

Tree grows based on number of unique days played and hours played.

1/1
5/5
20/20
50/50
100/100
180/180
300/300
500/500

you can start sitting at the base of the tree after 50 days+50 hours, which gives you dates on certain milestones like building PWPs and when villagers moved in.

I would just post your friend code here and ask people to add you. There's a spreadsheet that's super old and that nobody should use at this point really. People that are posting here are generally people who are still playing regularly, so I'm sure people would add you and let you know.

Linius

I'm finally bout to hit the 500 hours according to the 3DS. But for the tree to actually get to it's biggest point it will probably take some time. Same for the badge I'm afraid.

ryechu

you will need to learn how to set up basic chains. especially to beat the final stage in story.

A very basic x2 chain is to set it up like the situation below.
if X and O are two color of blocks and ? is any other color.
???x??
???O??
??xO??
???O??
???X???

Basically whenever you see a possible vertical 3 block clear you set it up to make sure that the fruit above and below the 3 Block clear are the same fruit (X). You also prepare a block to the side of the clear like shown above. When the Os clear, you swap the X into the empty space and the Xs will fall and clear giving you a chain.

Linius

I wish the game gave us four new initiatives each day. The ones that you have more time for just stay around even though I've did them already :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well since a lot of my daily tasks have been island related, I've been going back there and it's still quite handy to do even if you're in the late game (whenever that is).

One trip is often enough to pay off any PWP you have set up so it's a good way to start working on those.

Linius

Yeah, by only catching the bigger beetles you'll net 300K easily. Even without the money ordinance. Found out I was missing the fortune teller shop yesterday so got that arranged too. PWP's in town are up next. There's just too much I wanna work on now. Can't really focus on decorating my interior, getting my stuff sorted, finishing paths in town and working on PWP's :p

StayDead

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is on Virtual Console.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys had never played Puzzle League game before Animal Crossing Puzzle League?

I haven't played a Panepon game before. I'd heard about a game called Panel de Pon, but I'd never actually looked at it an I had no idea they'd actually made followups based on specific franchises.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In the West the first one had the name Tetris Attack and featured a Yoshi's Island aesthetic.

Because we can't fairies or something.

Of course long term this has meant, due to the Tetris licence, we will likely never see this release on the VC.

In the West the first one had the name Tetris Attack and featured a Yoshi's Island aesthetic.

Because we can't fairies or something.

Of course long term this has meant, due to the Tetris licence, we will likely never see this release on the VC.
They've even taken Lip out of other western Puzzle League games for some bizarre reason. I'm not sure why they were so adverse to including her in English releases.

I'm glad they have her outfit as a prize now. Hopefully that IP will become a bit more recognized in the west.

Robin64

It's funny how we can't have Panel de Pon in its pure form, we have to attach Yoshi or Pokémon to it. Or in the case of Puzzle League DS, absolutely nothing. That one was devoid of all character entirely.

Westraid

It seems like no one in this country has a clue about the new cards. No "Coming Soon!" on online stores, and when you visit stores everyone only knows about the current HHD cards.

This is going to be really bloody frustrating.

Robin64

It seems like no one in this country has a clue about the new cards. No "Coming Soon!" on online stores, and when you visit stores everyone only knows about the current HHD cards.

This is going to be really bloody frustrating.

Nothing on Amazon? Amazon UK have them.

(And Amazon UK deliver to a lot of European countries, plus with the currency as it is right now, it might be a good idea to order from them anyway!)

Westraid

Nothing on Amazon? Amazon UK have them.

(And Amazon UK deliver to a lot of European countries, plus with the currency as it is right now, it might be a good idea to order from them anyway!)
It would be a great option if only they accepted PayPal, I don't have a credit card. :(
I'll just keep looking and mailing stores in case they decide to sell them. If all else fails I suppose there's always Ebay.

piggychan

It would be a great option if only they accepted PayPal, I don't have a credit card. :(
I'll just keep looking and mailing stores in case they decide to sell them. If all else fails I suppose there's always Ebay.

can use a debit card instead.

Got Blathers and Pascal in the camp today.
WVW69jyPZG8q6nwdQD

Blathers sells:

Library Wall
Gallery floor
Basic teachers desk
file cabinet (L)
heavy tome
homework set
museum clock
museum mat
New nintendo 3DS
stack of books
Wii U console
zen chair

piggychan

^ I've not played any Puzzle League game but I'll find out tomorrow when my nfc reader arrives lol.

So today, I opened the last of the AC card packs I've been getting because of the update. I bought 2 packs of each series with Series 4 being my last one, and oh man did I get a good haul.

Pics of my haul:

Got some great ones I never expected, although I'm a bit salty that the Isabelle cards won't summon her to the RV camp but having her in 2 different outfits ain't too bad. Out of the 48 cards I bought only 2 were duplicates (not shown).

One of the first cards I've gotten was Octavian which got me overjoyed since Marina is in my town now and Octopuses are rare villagers. I said to myself if I got Zucker then I have no choice but to buy a Splatoon amiibo just to complete the quartet of Octopuses living in my town. Then flash forward to today I drew Zucker on my last pack. So...rip my wallet lol.
villagers!

Grats I got Mariner and Zucker from trading just over a year ago (think I blew about 25 million bells between the 2) and hadn't touched the game since jan 2016 so I was worried they had up'd and left. I got enough grumpy villagers so Octavian isn't a must have anymore. Zucker is a lazy but he repeats about 85% of the same things as Stitches and Erik.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I see what people mean about that garbage block level in Puzzle League. It would be so bad if your support level didn't drop so much.

Top Bottom