• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Linius

After Katie smashed my turnip plans of last week I was able to invest again this week. So just another locker full as usual. Need to up that bank account, I've been spending a lot lately.

Frost_Ace

Wtf is it possible I can't find joan? It's 12:37 here

Shit, apparently she appears until noon, can anyone else let me in their village so I can buy some 'nips?

tetsuoFI

I'm turning turnips too. Bought @ 90 per turnip. Spent about 2 million bells. I'll be watching those prices, as 3 of my buddies too. This gonna be good!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Does the buying price give any indication to what kind of trend you may have during the week?
My wife bought for 110 today she's worried!

Also does each trend have the same probability each week? Has anyone tracked week by week trends to see if anyone comes up more regularly? I had decreasing, then random, last two weeks. My wife had large spike, random then decreasing last three weeks.

Just curious what others have noticed.

I can't find that damn boar even though it's 9 AM on a Sunday. Katie happens to be here. Are you telling me Joan doesn't spawn if Katie's in my town?! I gotta get rid of her! FC is 427010220210.

Or maybe I need to try looking harder, but I'm very persistent.

I can't find that damn boar even though it's 9 AM on a Sunday. Katie happens to be here. Are you telling me Joan doesn't spawn if Katie's in my town?! I gotta get rid of her! FC is 427010220210.

Or maybe I need to try looking harder, but I'm very persistent.

Katie takes priority over Joan as far as wandering NPCs go.

95 in my town this morning.

First time I've managed to wrangle the 3DS from my 6yo on a Sunday AM.

Now she has it again. Got in my buy though.

Colin.

I'm getting 104 here. Still doing good bells wise, so I'm out this week. But if anyone forgot to get there's, then feel free to come to my town (FC on my profile)

Colin.

Me and Colin cannot find Joan at all :lol. 1043am on a Sunday morning.

I had a look into it, and came across this. Bloody fireworks. Any solution to this at all? How many bells worth of turnips were you going to get? I could always buy them for you, and you can just drop the bells when you come back. More awkward, but it's fine by me if you really need them.

XeroSauce

I had a look into it, and came across this. Bloody fireworks. Any solution to this at all? How many bells worth of turnips were you going to get? I could always buy them for you, and you can just drop the bells when you come back. More awkward, but it's fine by me if you really need them.

Was planning on a million and a half ahahaha. I had the money saved up for a while but my sister took the 3DS on a trip and just came back this afternoon.
EDIT: I'd love ya if you could but that's a huge commitment and undertaking for you so I understand if you can't commit to that.

SleazyC

Bought @ 93 on Sunday. Bought about 3000 turnips as this was my first foray into turnip buying/selling.

Monday: AM - 82, PM - 78

Monday: AM: 88 / PM: 83

I hope this is some sort of spike pattern this week. Too early to say. I'd love to be able to sell my turnips in my own town for once, lol.

upandaway

Welp, I guess I'm joining you guys. After paying off my house a few days ago and realizing that there's not much I have to do with my 800k bells, I dumped it all yesterday on turnips. It's only like, 2 beetle catching trips, so it's not too bad if I mess up. Bought at 98, and Monday so far is 89 then 85. I did read up on it a little.

Anyway question:

Buying turnips itself was tedious as hell because I bought 1000, dumped them on the floor in my house, then rinse repeat. Then I had to clear out half of my locker space to store it all. Am I missing something here? Is this the only way to handle turnips? If I have more than that and I wanna sell it in some nice gaffer's town, I have to store them all over the floor of my house/museum and do multiple trips to the town?

Top Bottom